ROBco advanced sexbots W.I.P

GSBmodders

You might want to use an environment map instead of gloss. I'm betting since this is something that happens outdoors' date=' it's your alpha texture on the normal map... sounds more like a specular issue. If it is glossiness you can try lowering it a bit at a time and test it. Creating a display cell for the GECK with massive amounts of daylight and placing an NPC in it with your skin is probably a faster way to iterate such changes and see them quickly, rather than launching the game.

[/quote']

I have a few other things to try out but if I still have no luck I'll need to hit you for sure. I'm rapidly losing patience now on this project. Why the hell does NV have to be such a pain in the ass to mesh mod

anyway heres the look for the skin I am trying to keep

1zd88ef.jpg

and once I step outside here is the look I get

5btoyg.jpg

the problems apparently not the alpha map I double checked that and I did add a grey scaled map to the skin textures.

So i'll test a few other things out tonight and if it's still looking terribad I'll hit you up tomorrow

okie doke

GSB that looks like a diffusion issue. Light hitting 'skin' type stuff is diffused within the surface and then re-emitted. I'm assuming that outdoors at night it still looks OK?

That or a specular issue. It looks like you have the specular weight cranked up pretty high to get it looking how it does indoors.

• 4 weeks later...

Just being curious' date=' any new development in the robotic industry? :D

[/quote']

I wont lie I got kind of bummed out not being able to fix the texture / shader problems I was having but after a conversation with chase I hyped up again and started work on a new bot that hopefully will not share the problems of her sister.

I also decided to leave the head alone for the player character model since most people would probably prefer to keep there characters looks.

I have no screenshots to show yet but I am aiming for something along the lines of this

5mgtnb.jpg

Later tonight I plan to upload the updated files for the old bot so that others can have a look at it and hopefully figure out just what the hell I did wrong with it.

and here are the original meshes + textures i cannot find the blend files. I may have accidentally deleted those, so when importing the mesh you will want to break it down into parts to speed up the import, but if you have time to kill import the mesh as a whole and go out for coffee

http://www.mediafire.com/?rs6r86f7bba0ksa

there is no password on this but it is not for the average person, I uploaded these in the hopes of recieving help. the texture / shaders are fucked up and need to be corrected so that skin retains it's greyish look when outdoors.

there are sample images of the problem i was having that i posted in this thread a while back, i'll repost them here once i find them.

heres the look for the skin I am trying to keep

1zd88ef.jpg

and once I step outside here is the look I get

5btoyg.jpg

I also decided to leave the head alone for the player character model since most people would probably prefer to keep there characters looks.

Later tonight I plan to upload the updated files for the old bot so that others can have a look at it and hopefully figure out just what the hell I did wrong with it.

I like the new look a lot better all you need are some alternate texture options, flesh, dark, silver etc, heck it could look Bubble Gum Crisis with the right texture :)

I... love this. And not just from the Sexout angle.

I love this because of the fact your character can fall into a bad end, and then effectively become a(n extra) twisted Ghost in the Shell style character.

Theoretically immortal/ageless with maintenence, tougher and stronger than a human due to being robotic, retaining just enough physcal 'humanity' to be sexy and with clothing mingle in society unnoticed, and tortured perhaps by memory of what they were and have now been made into.

Utterly AWESOME for roleplaying.

Please don't give up on the idea of this being a players fate^^

Thats the part that sounds the most interesting - especially the idea of it being done by a cannibalistic robotics expert.

For extra roleplay fodder, 'waking up' next to a 'player.placeleveledactoratme 7' with only its arms, legs, and perhaps head remaining (I.E. your torso is still your own, but from the looks of your model everything else is robotic or synthetic) would be awesome. Or even a cooler full of bloody gibs, with something to identify them as 'you'. This might be a bit too gross for some; but its for the roleplaying 'trauma' rather than any sexual reason. Just an idea though, since it can be potentialy done by the player after downloading.

Exactly how are you planning to go about it story wise? Whats parts are stll 'real'? Fromt he direction you are going with the skin, it looks like the body isn't real even on the fleshy parts. Will the character effectively be an advanced robobrain?

As for ideas on the guy who does it to you - perhaps he could have a background in the commonwealth? If they can make androids that are so real they even appear to bleed, 'need' to breath, and so forth then I imagine a rogue nutjob could do this quite easily.

Of all the mods i've seen in a long time this one has whet my roleplaying appitite.

Edit: I just also realised that for a roleplayer it turns Old World Blues into even MORE of a mindscrew. If you have it so that the brain, spine, and i think it was the heart, are the only real organs left... it means that as of that moment the PC would be fully synthetic and yet fully sentient. I have no words for how amazing that would be.

Edit2: I went to see if I could find anything about the textures I could help with, and to rig it up as a custom race ingame for testing, but the 7z is not recognised by either winrar or 7zip. Did it upload right? And that drawing of the robo woman is amazing.

I like the new look a lot better all you need are some alternate texture options' date=' flesh, dark, silver etc, heck it could look Bubble Gum Crisis with the right texture :)[/quote']

Yeah I was looking over a photoshop tutorial that demonstrates step by step how to create that cyborg look. So I wouldnt need to worry about creating a fancy mesh if I can duplicate that look.

I did however start working on a version that uses meshes just in case the textured look turns out to not look so hot

I... love this. And not just from the Sexout angle.

I love this because of the fact your character can fall into a bad end' date=' and then effectively become a(n extra) twisted Ghost in the Shell style character.

Theoretically immortal/ageless with maintenence, tougher and stronger than a human due to being robotic, retaining just enough physcal 'humanity' to be sexy and with clothing mingle in society unnoticed, and tortured perhaps by memory of what they were and have now been made into.

Utterly AWESOME for roleplaying.

Please don't give up on the idea of this being a players fate^^

[/quote']

Thanks, I never needed pats on the back or for anyone to say great job or even thank you, but when a project turns into a nightmare of failures it sure as hell helps to recieve encouragement.

Thats the part that sounds the most interesting - especially the idea of it being done by a cannibalistic robotics expert.

For extra roleplay fodder' date=' 'waking up' next to a 'player.placeleveledactoratme 7' with only its arms, legs, and perhaps head remaining (I.E. your torso is still your own, but from the looks of your model everything else is robotic or synthetic) would be awesome. Or even a cooler full of bloody gibs, with something to identify them as 'you'. This might be a bit too gross for some; but its for the roleplaying 'trauma' rather than any sexual reason. Just an idea though, since it can be potentialy done by the player after downloading.

Exactly how are you planning to go about it story wise? Whats parts are stll 'real'? Fromt he direction you are going with the skin, it looks like the body isn't real even on the fleshy parts. Will the character effectively be an advanced robobrain?

As for ideas on the guy who does it to you - perhaps he could have a background in the commonwealth? If they can make androids that are so real they even appear to bleed, 'need' to breath, and so forth then I imagine a rogue nutjob could do this quite easily.

[/quote']

I dont want to spoil anything, but I also know that I cannot simply say that it's a secret.

Dogface, Halstrom, kodiak and a few others have contributed ideas that will be used in a revised story so that this fits lore

There will be plenty of things in the story itself that will shock and disgust, one idea I want to throw in my wife assures me is absolutely revolting. I know that this is not something for everyone though and it was with that idea to use the player character / Mad cannibal sceintist interaction to set the tone and determine just how hard core the mod is

Of all the mods i've seen in a long time this one has whet my roleplaying appitite.

Edit: I just also realised that for a roleplayer it turns Old World Blues into even MORE of a mindscrew. If you have it so that the brain' date=' spine, and i think it was the heart, are the only real organs left... it means that as of that moment the PC would be fully synthetic and yet fully sentient. I have no words for how amazing that would be.

[/quote']

these are some of my motivations for this mod, it is far easier for me to become immersed in New Vegas then say Oblivion, but for me New Vegas still lacks the level of immersion that I need to feel satisfied. I know that I can never hope to rival the likes of Mass Effect 2 or either of the KOTOR games but I do intend to put as much time into the story as needed to make this something that is remembered and talked about. (hopefully not just for my piss poor spelling and punctuation)

Edit2: I went to see if I could find anything about the textures I could help with' date=' and to rig it up as a custom race ingame for testing, but the 7z is not recognised by either winrar or 7zip. Did it upload right? And that drawing of the robo woman is amazing.

[/quote']

Blame it on Angel Dark, I was torrenting when I uploaded. I'll reup now (cant reup, i deleted the damn files last night after uploading to mediafire, so it's a good thing I started over.)

If at one point you need help with spelling' date=' punctuation and/or dialog you can count on me. I'm really looking forward to that project !

[/quote']

thanks I cant spell for shit and I have no idea what punctuation is. I kind of thought it to be an urban legend

There's no Robco facilities in the Mojave except the Securitron Vault under The Fort' date=' if I remember right. How about that factory where the bottlecap counterfeit press is? There's plenty of machine parts to scavenge, and since he's an amoral machinist, he could be portrayed as the guy who runs the press as a sideline. It wouldn't be hard to set him up to sell Protectrons and Sentrybots too.

[/quote']

I think that REPCONN and H&H Tools and Lucky 38 are in various ways affiliated with RobCo.

If at one point you need help with spelling' date=' punctuation and/or dialog you can count on me. I'm really looking forward to that project !

[/quote']

thanks I cant spell for shit and I have no idea what punctuation is. I kind of thought it to be an urban legend

lol. When you put it that way it makes it sound like he was calling you an idiot. Nothing wrong with a proofreader.

Anyway. Still eyeballing this. Seems to be growing far outside my original expectations, but as long as showing up and taking a sexbot companion is an option, I'm still all for it. (What can I say, I'm a simple man with simple desires. XD)

[/quote']

lol. When you put it that way it makes it sound like he was calling you an idiot. Nothing wrong with a proofreader.

Anyway. Still eyeballing this. Seems to be growing far outside my original expectations, but as long as showing up and taking a sexbot companion is an option, I'm still all for it. (What can I say, I'm a simple man with simple desires. XD)

No no no, I'm just trying to put that load off his shoulders.

[/quote']

No no no, I'm just trying to put that load off his shoulders.

LOOOL oh god, My bad honestly I wasnt trying too insult anyone or suggest that I was pissed. I was just attempting to be comical in my response (Which I should say is an entirely accurate assessment of my own abilities.)

A few suggestions if I may:

-don't cover up the ass crack, give it a thong-like texture or (even better) place the body part separation lines at the groin (area where the leg and pelvic area meet) and leave the ass bare. Imagine the outline of the Oblivion underwear without any cloth covering the ass or vagina.

-don't cover up the breasts that much, move the "metallic" area higher so it doesn't cover the upper part of the breast that much.

Good job on the overall thing though. I'll admit I was surprised when I first saw the makeup but then again it IS a sexbot so it makes perfect sense :D

Archived