Sorry for the dump question, but i can't get this mod working. My problem at first was to enable the papyrus log and now that I have the java thingy working correctly, but there's no vibration ingame. The addons are installed. My guess is that the papyrus log only refreshes when i play the non skse version, but how can i enable the papyrus log for the skse version? Or is this even the problem? 

I'd appreciate any help :D

Make sure you have the vibration plugin for sexlab/devious/captured dreams enabled/installed. Isn't enough to just have the java file working, you need something to actually print to the papyrus log. Just my two cents, hope it helped.

This is the kind of innovation and forward thinking that keeps LL fresh. Kudos to you, mr private.

If I may be so bold however, telling people to drop the DLLs in their windows directory is... a bit excessive. They only need to put them wherever they put the JAR. Windows always looks for DLLs in the same directory as the program before looking in the system shared locations.

If you just put all three files (the JAR and the two DLLs) in the same directory and zip it up, NMM will install it just fine, and it will run just fine as well.

This is the kind of innovation and forward thinking that keeps LL fresh. Kudos to you, mr private.

If I may be so bold however, telling people to drop the DLLs in their windows directory is... a bit excessive. They only need to put them wherever they put the JAR. Windows always looks for DLLs in the same directory as the program before looking in the system shared locations.

If you just put all three files (the JAR and the two DLLs) in the same directory and zip it up, NMM will install it just fine, and it will run just fine as well.

That will be a better place for the dlls, i couldnt get it to work else were. When i have the time i will update the mod and check if it works.

Last post, at the time it was like he was talking to me:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/30970-a-notice-just-to-be-careful-protect-yourself-from-trojans-and-viruses/?p=777463

I also asked Veladurius(CD creator) for some help to get the mod properly working with CD i got every thing to make it work now i thing(except the time).

• 3 weeks later...
The Rez thing seems to work. Very exciting :) 

I play with an X360 controller and the Rez vibe is positioned lower..

I was confused about the installing instructions..at first you say "you need the addons" and later "you don't need them" (in the Addons info). Or maybe just your phrasing was a bit confusing?

After installing the addons I got it working ingame.

A quick Rez vibe ingame test: vibrating plug worked, masturbation worked, drip&moan events worked.

Horse riding with plugs didn't seem to work though. No vibration. I will test more.

Quick idea.. A way to translate the normal controller vibrations also to the rez vibe? Like when a dragon flies over etc..

I'm going to do some internet research about that. 

I couldn't get the Rez vibe windows driver stuff working at first, so I tried something else..

One way to install drivers for Rez vibe in Windows:

1. Connect your vibe to your computer. When Windows asks for drivers, do nothing at this point. Just leave the window open.

2. Download and unpack the libusb-win32. Google it, I can't paste links since I'm new in the forums. Then run the inf-wizard from there. Choose your vibe from the list and it outputs an .inf -driver file for you. For me, the device you should pick was named: "ASCII Vib"

3. Go back to the previously mentioned driver installation window, and point it to your newly made driver file. Or find the device and its settings from Device Manager.

4. Done.

Ok, I'm not terribly good with Java so I've been trying to understand your code as best as I am able. From what I understand, the program writes a strength value (max = 65535) to the left and right vibes in the controller every 100ms. The vibes are just "dumb" devices from what I gather?

Something I don't understand is the purpose of UpdateDevice. Why not simply use a new StartDevice and avoid having an extra function? Maybe my imagination isn't working or I didn't fully get the explanation in the first post. :s

So..hmm.. you can make the controller rumble from inside the game, but only when the controller is set as enabled?

And that's why you need an external program? Because we want to be able to use other kinds of control methods too, like mouse&keyboard.

I Wish there was a way to detect every time the game is activating the rumble and then transferring that information forwards.

It'd be cool to have both your vibrations and the game's own vibrations added together.

The Rez thing seems to work. Very exciting :)
I play with an X360 controller and the Rez vibe is positioned lower..

I was confused about the installing instructions..at first you say "you need the addons" and later "you don't need them" (in the Addons info). Or maybe just your phrasing was a bit confusing?
After installing the addons I got it working ingame.

A quick Rez vibe ingame test: vibrating plug worked, masturbation worked, drip&moan events worked.
Horse riding with plugs didn't seem to work though. No vibration. I will test more.

Quick idea.. A way to translate the normal controller vibrations also to the rez vibe? Like when a dragon flies over etc..
I'm going to do some internet research about that. 

I couldn't get the Rez vibe windows driver stuff working at first, so I tried something else..

One way to install drivers for Rez vibe in Windows:

1. Connect your vibe to your computer. When Windows asks for drivers, do nothing at this point. Just leave the window open.
2. Download and unpack the libusb-win32. Google it, I can't paste links since I'm new in the forums. Then run the inf-wizard from there. Choose your vibe from the list and it outputs an .inf -driver file for you. For me, the device you should pick was named: "ASCII Vib"
3. Go back to the previously mentioned driver installation window, and point it to your newly made driver file. Or find the device and its settings from Device Manager.
4. Done.

I changed the way addons worked and there is some old text here and there. I think i meant dont install more then one addon at the time, this is because the SL addon is already build in DD addon.

To bad the horse riding isnt working, its my favorite one you wont be able to ride a horse for a long time. I will check can be wrong on my side. 

So..hmm.. you can make the controller rumble from inside the game, but only when the controller is set as enabled?

And that's why you need an external program? Because we want to be able to use other kinds of control methods too, like mouse&keyboard.

I Wish there was a way to detect every time the game is activating the rumble and then transferring that information forwards.

It'd be cool to have both your vibrations and the game's own vibrations added together.

Yes. i tried to create a mod where you one can play with controller but its not working. the game updates the controller every frame so when i try to run my program it just get overwritten. i also tried to use ingame rumble method but it was only in the command bar "~" "setrumble 1 1" and not in papyrus.

Also you cant play with mouse and keyboard at the same time this was the biggest problem.

Ok, I'm not terribly good with Java so I've been trying to understand your code as best as I am able. From what I understand, the program writes a strength value (max = 65535) to the left and right vibes in the controller every 100ms. The vibes are just "dumb" devices from what I gather?

Something I don't understand is the purpose of UpdateDevice. Why not simply use a new StartDevice and avoid having an extra function? Maybe my imagination isn't working or I didn't fully get the explanation in the first post. :s

yes the xbox controller only wants a strenght and a time. so if you want to have some nice vibrations like they have ingame you will need to update the controller every frame or so.

the start and update thing is because i couldnt thing of some thing else. In version 1.0 there was only start and no update. i think update can be useful now and then.

yes the xbox controller only wants a strenght and a time. so if you want to have some nice vibrations like they have ingame you will need to update the controller every frame or so.

the start and update thing is because i couldnt thing of some thing else. In version 1.0 there was only start and no update. i think update can be useful now and then.

Ah! Ok, that's an expectation of the hardware.

I now have an arduino-based circuit that takes a string via serial, where the values are:

Status,Device,Pattern,Time,Power,Interval,Amount

e.g.: 1,0,0,1.5,255,0.5,6

I have constant working fine but I've yet to get sinus to work the way I want it to (at present it completes a whole cycle before I can read the serial port again). Making the patterns is easy, making it so that checks for new data from the serial port with minimal delay is more difficult. I don't know if it's a better way to do things but it means I can just feed the device some data and let it do its thing.

I'm still working on reliably getting the lines from the Papyrus log, my program is reading it now but I seem to get device start and device update lines at close to the same time so I need to think through how to handle them. My understanding of your code is that you have two threads - one to read the file and save the lines in a buffer and another to read lines from the buffer and turn them into vibrations. I have to figure out how to do this in my program.

Thankfully I've been experimenting with my little bullet vibe as I've been making the program and it's been fun and educational (though sometimes distracting! :blush: ).

This one guy seemed to have figured out something, maybe useful? 

He wrote a Dualshock 4 to Xinput wrapper, but the main thing for me is that he figured out how the rumble data is passed along. There's the source code and everything. My suggestion for mode of operation: program reads the rumble inputs Skyrim gives, and passes them forward to the things we want to vibrate.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

But does Skyrim give any rumble data if controller is disabled.. it would work if using the controller for playing..but with keyb & mouse, I don't know.

There's a "mod" for enabling some of the control back when using a controller. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30913/?

Yay! I have (thanks mostly to reading Mr. Private's code) got python to read lines from the papyrus log properly!

I only have one device working at present (a bullet vibe) but I'm hopeful that I can add at least one other.

This is a lot of fun but challenging.

Things like this really make me wish I was a girl. Just isn't the same otherwise.

Just tried to install this and ran into a small problem when it came to the .jar executable, even after placing the .dll files in c:/windows directory it refuses to recognize that they are there. Could it be something I missed or something I am missing? 

I am using the most up to date version of java.

Revision: 

If you use Windows 8.1 you need to make sure you are completely updated through Windows updater. I am not too sure what fixed the problem but it seemed installing most optional updates as well as all essential updates resolved the problem. 

-K

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so after a lot of trial and error (moreso the latter) I have an arduino working with two devices. ^_^

The arduino does all the work of handling the vibration patterns and duration. The reason I did it this way instead of having a device that simply accepts vibration intensity (like the xbox pad) is that I can theoretically use it with any program / game that can send the correct instructions.

Right now it works very well (though I have to keep swapping my little bullet vibe between two sockets for testing as I only have one). I have to put a few manual buttons on it to give me more control over the vibration strength and, importantly, a manual stop button as there are some instances where if an animation is interrupted (using the milker in milk-mod for example) the vibe will just keep on going as it never gets a stop event so it just keeps on going and going and... :blush:

I guess the biggest issue is the python script that I use to get strings from the papyrus log, it works well but it's not really friendly (I run it from a command line at present) it needs a lovely user interface like Mr. Private's program.

More testing is required but I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in making one of these?

That sounds lovely! I have been thinking about something like this ever since Mr. Private posted his neat little program.

I don't have an Arduino myself but always thought about getting one. Is there anything else you used for this? And what would you say, how much is your setup in total?

Long story short, definitely interested :P

I guess it depends on where you buy your parts from. You can buy an unofficial arduino for far less than the official versions.

The motors in the bullet vibes need more current than arduino pins can deliver so one needs a TIP120, a resistor and a diode:

tip120-solenoid.png

The circuit above is for a high-voltage motor but the little bullet vibes only need 3 to 5V and a couple of hundred milliamps of current at most. I use an old 12 volt, 1 amp charger to power the arduino and it can deliver the correct voltage to the vibe as it has voltage regulators onboard.

I have a couple of those little prototyping shields so I built all of the circuitry onto one and I just plug it in to the arduino. It's not exactly pretty but it works.

• 2 weeks later...