Sexout SewerSlave - updated 2013-Dec-28

Is there a list of requirements?  I'm unable to get the actual capture to trigger, she's either fucked twice and can leave or beaten to death by Dermot and St. James.  So i'm worndering if I'm missing something I need to have.  I don't get a missing master message, and the game doesnt' CTD, but I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im having trouble trying to get this mod to work. I set all the chance and health percentage to 100% to see if it works. Went to Van Graff gang and started attacking them. Sex assault took over and my character got raped, but after the sex animation, the gangs just killed me.

Is this supposed to work with sexout assault? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Once you're enslaved, if you escape, then you might be recaptured later.

It's not too much to ask that you read the first post in the thread which describes what the mod actually is, before installing it, and definitely before asking questions.. is it?

Nope, not at all. I did read the first post; read the whole thread actually. Read the parts about brutal rapers and how you could "get captured after sex" and thought that you could get enslaved after getting raped.

But judging by your response, that seems to only be a possibility if youve been enslaved before.

Second and third sentence, first paragraph, first post, first page:

The canonical way to start the "mission" is to talk to St. James in Westside, and tell him you'd like to go on a salvage trip with him. From here, it's rather obvious what you need to do.

Third paragraph, third sentence:

If you do manage to escape, certain events my trigger your recapture, and can be adjusted in the MCM settings.

As for BrutalRapers (which sewerslave supports), that was replaced by SexAssault, which sewerslave does not currently support.

Second and third sentence, first paragraph, first post, first page:

The canonical way to start the "mission" is to talk to St. James in Westside, and tell him you'd like to go on a salvage trip with him. From here, it's rather obvious what you need to do.

Third paragraph, third sentence:

If you do manage to escape, certain events my trigger your recapture, and can be adjusted in the MCM settings.

As for BrutalRapers (which sewerslave supports), that was replaced by SexAssault, which sewerslave does not currently support.

I see. My impression was that since sexassault replaced brutalrapers, this mod would work with sexassault. I guess I'd have to get brutalrapers then

By the way, how hard is it to mod, especially New Vegas? I'm a software engineer by profession working mostly with object-oriented programming languages. But I have no experience with modding games. What language is it written in?

Mods are made in the GECK a sort of RAD tool for the engine. The scripts are written in a language invented by obsidian (I guess) and are not like anything you've seen before, a sort of bastard offspring of Pascal and Basic. As a developer myself by trade, the biggest hurdles for me have been the things the language (by default anyway -- NVSE addresses a lot) cannot do.

Up until a few months ago we didn't even have variables to hold arrays, strings, or even user defined functions -- thanks jaam and NVSE!

If you want to look over sewerslave and see what it would take to change it to support sexassault instead of brutal rapers, that is probably as good a place as any to start learning. The code in SS should be pretty simple, I think, and most of it can probably be reused.

Sewerslave itself needs some work, I intended (and still do) to continue work on it, adding content and expanding it. I have big plans for it to be honest, it's one of my favorite mods, but finding the time is always tough. Especially with so many projects that need my attention.

By the way, how hard is it to mod, especially New Vegas? I'm a software engineer by profession working mostly with object-oriented programming languages. But I have no experience with modding games. What language is it written in?

Mods are made in the GECK a sort of RAD tool for the engine. The scripts are written in a language invented by obsidian (I guess) and are not like anything you've seen before, a sort of bastard offspring of Pascal and Basic. As a developer myself by trade, the biggest hurdles for me have been the things the language (by default anyway -- NVSE addresses a lot) cannot do.

Up until a few months ago we didn't even have variables to hold arrays, strings, or even user defined functions -- thanks jaam and NVSE!

If you want to look over sewerslave and see what it would take to change it to support sexassault instead of brutal rapers, that is probably as good a place as any to start learning. The code in SS should be pretty simple, I think, and most of it can probably be reused.

Sewerslave itself needs some work, I intended (and still do) to continue work on it, adding content and expanding it. I have big plans for it to be honest, it's one of my favorite mods, but finding the time is always tough. Especially with so many projects that need my attention.

I see. Thanks for the info. I also dont have much time myself, but I am willing to try and have a look. Sounds like it mustve been a nightmare before NVSE hah.

Mods are made in the GECK a sort of RAD tool for the engine. The scripts are written in a language invented by obsidian (I guess)...

Whatever it was, it was invented by Bethesda starting with at least Morrowind. Papyrus in Skyrim is even built off of its backbone.

I see. Thanks for the info. I also dont have much time myself, but I am willing to try and have a look. Sounds like it mustve been a nightmare before NVSE hah.

It was a real horror show, much worse than it is now. Did I mention we didn't even have any loops other than labels and goto? At least now we have while and foreach, though still no straight for loop (I think). 

Mods are made in the GECK a sort of RAD tool for the engine. The scripts are written in a language invented by obsidian (I guess)...

Whatever it was, it was invented by Bethesda starting with at least Morrowind. Papyrus in Skyrim is even built off of its backbone.

Ahhh, I really don't know who was responsible for what. I thought obsidian did everything prior to FO3, my mistake. Papyrus is ugly in some spots, but overall, a much nicer language. The only real shame there is that they didn't release the code to the base classes, and there's no way to inject code or properties into an objects superclass -- or at least, I couldn't find such a method back when I was looking.

So if you want to add a new property or method to every actor, say their favorite color, it's not really any easier than doing it in FONV. You either write a scanner and stick properties (or in FONV, NX vars) on them as you find them, or you provide a wrapper that other mods have to call that checks for the var on a given actor and reads it, or creates it if it's not there already.

I may not have dug deep enough into it, or it may be fixed by SKSE or something by now, no idea really.

Papyrus is as much of a shit-show as all the other Bethesda scripting.

Old-school Fallouts bear zero resemblance, engine-wise, to the modern ones.  Under the hood, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim are just incremental upgrades of precisely the same engine.  Console codes like tgm, tcl, etc are unchanged since Morrowind, as are all your classics like moveto, unequipitem, additem, placeatme, etc.  This is also why everything in Fallout's engine is spells and enchantments and whatnot in the GECK and why you can find globals for things like "last ridden horse."  Hell, even the guns are just re-worked magic staffs.

It's not nearly "as much". Base papyrus has functionality out of the gate that is missing (still, even with NVSE) in FONV. It's far from perfect or a "real" language, and I really don't understand why they didn't just include a C#/Python/Java/Whatever script engine instead -- but it is really light years beyond base FONV, and still has a leg up on NVSE as well.

I even somewhat understand the savegame script horrorshow, and my hatred there is mainly reserved for modders whos scripts aren't smart enough to do a simple ismodloaded check for their own origin mod and, if it's not there, clean up after themselves and terminate.

At least now we have while and foreach, though still no straight for loop (I think). 

You can do (NVSE):

array_var i

foreach i <- (Ar_Range 1, 9)

*i == 1, 2... 9

'*i' is shorthand for i["value"]

As equivalent to C:

int i

for i = 1; i < 10; i++

i == 1, 2.. 9

I even somewhat understand the savegame script horrorshow, and my hatred there is mainly reserved for modders whos scripts aren't smart enough to do a simple ismodloaded check for their own origin mod and, if it's not there, clean up after themselves and terminate.

Don't the scripts and even the game in any mod requiring a master just crash if the master isn't present or is that only if they call assets/variables from the master.

A missing master will crash as soon as you start the game, yes.

Ah I'm confused then of what you meant then by the origin mod.

Don't the scripts and even the game in any mod requiring a master just crash if the master isn't present or is that only if they call assets/variables from the master.

A missing master will crash as soon as you start the game, yes.

Ah I'm confused then of what you meant then by the origin mod.

Papyrus has scripts that exist as files outside of the mod.  If a modder is lazy - like it seems most Skyrim ones are - that script will keep running if you uninstall the mod, which leads to crashiness and ruined savegames.

Pride's wondering why they don't write the scripts in a fashion to make sure they don't execute if their mod isn't present.