Sexout SewerSlave - updated 2013-Dec-28

I think that's it too. It wasn't using him, it was using it's own for a long time. I think when I was out of modding time but updating the threads, one of the others that sent me a new version did it by accident. When I first did SSR, I saw that the only record being used by sewerslave in SCR was a slave collar or something like that. It was a "nothing" so I removed the reference and since then, sewerslave wasn't dependent on SCR or SSR. Then it just snuck back in and I found it the hard way when trying to launch ;)

There are two other sewerslave NPCs in SCR as well that I saw when I was figuring this out. 0SexoutSS0Ambusher1 (and 2) are copies of sewerslave NPCs.. SexoutSSAmbusher1 (and 2). I don't think anything ever used them, including SS.

I think that's it too. It wasn't using him, it was using it's own for a long time. I think when I was out of modding time but updating the threads, one of the others that sent me a new version did it by accident. When I first did SSR, I saw that the only record being used by sewerslave in SCR was a slave collar or something like that. It was a "nothing" so I removed the reference and since then, sewerslave wasn't dependent on SCR or SSR. Then it just snuck back in and I found it the hard way when trying to launch ;)

There are two other sewerslave NPCs in SCR as well that I saw when I was figuring this out. 0SexoutSS0Ambusher1 (and 2) are copies of sewerslave NPCs.. SexoutSSAmbusher1 (and 2). I don't think anything ever used them, including SS.

Yeah I'll mark them for deletion too.

Hey Prideslayer, if you're under the hood again on Sewer Slave do you think you might be able to get Positioning

to work with it? Something about the transition from pre-sex dialog to sex animations short-circuits Positioning on

quite a few mods. Sex Assault is the only mod where it works close to 100%. (probably because there is no dialog)

Sexout Sex (the latest update) works only depending on the dialog choice before sex; about 70%

In Sewer Slave the only time Positioning kicked in was after trading sex for Rad Away with the ghoul doctor.

I really dig that you got Sewer Slave working; this morning was the first time I ever got to try it out :) Thanks!

Wow, I didn't know it wasn't working for anyone -- sorry! Most people do have SCR which I thought was why they were no reports of problems.

What's the exact problem with positioning? Is it that the positioning keys from astymmas mod don't work when in a sewerslave started animation, or is it that positions you've already adjusted are not adjusted when they happen in sewerslave?

What happens is that the animation begins, but no message saying that Positioning is active are displayed, and the keys

have no effect. A check of the console shows that Positioning appears to be running.

Positioning resets at the end of each animation; there is no set and forget feature, so it's necessary to adjust it manually

at the beginning of every sex animation (if needed)

This page - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18383-sexoutpositioning/page-3 

has some screencaps I posted when I was trying to give Astymma some debug info. I think the poor guy gave up trying

to fix it to make it work with modders different coding techniques. It really needs to be an embedded Sexout feature if you

want to add support for different body types.

Of the quest-related mods, only Breeder seems to have much functionality with Positioning, although I've never

managed to get very far into the later stages (Riverside).

I am using SCR, the latest and greatest. SSR has been phyisically removed from my system.

Wow, I didn't know it wasn't working for anyone -- sorry! Most people do have SCR which I thought was why they were no reports of problems.

What's the exact problem with positioning? Is it that the positioning keys from astymmas mod don't work when in a sewerslave started animation, or is it that positions you've already adjusted are not adjusted when they happen in sewerslave?

Ok, thanks. I'll look that stuff over and see what I can come up with.

Positioning support for his mod is in sexout core -- he added it -- and he's always welcome to add more. Right now he's away though, and may not return any time soon (or ever). I hope he does, he was a great help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

That said, I do have a plan for a future version of sexout that should eliminate most of this positioning bullshit once and for all. The big problem right now as you pointed out are the many different body combinations that different players can have. The solution to this is one set of positioning offsets for every possible combination of bodies.

Right now that's simply not feasable within sexout.

However, I am coming up with a way that should allow players to create (and share) offset files, rather than having them handled by sexout directly at all. It'll be a while before it's done and ready, but I do think it is going to be possible. When that's done, the existing offsets will go into the default file (T6M + Breezes), and then players can make their own and share the files for whatever body types they use. Eventually this way, all the combinations will be covered.

• 4 weeks later...

I was updating the SCR from 20131227.1 (my last sexout update was on cristmas) to 20140124.1 (newest beta) and F:NV didn't start anymore. No cursor, no meue. Had to shut down the computer to stop the program.

Tried 20140105.2 (the beta in the download section) --> same issue.

Reinstalled 20131227.1 --> the meue and cursor are back.

Reinstalled SCR 20140124.1

Deactivated all mods --> everything seems fine.

Reactivated the mods one by one --> cursor and meue apear.

Till SewerSlave is back in the game --> no cursor, no menu, no game :(

I don't know what has changed in the 2014's SCR, but SS_C doesn't like it.

But maybe it can be fixed :)

Hmm weird as my version of SewerSlave_C doesn't have SCR as a requirement, perhaps the old version is still lurking around somewhere, assuming someone other than me or maybe me updated it somewhere to not need SCR anymore?

I activated my SewerSlave, it checks out ok in FNVEdit except for a Null in a Sex hook Actor Effect and my game starts fine with it in.

Be nice if people put their files in zips with dates on them like I do :P

Oh!

My fault :o :o

At last as I reported it here I should have seen the name of the thread '... updated 2013-Dec-28'.

I thought I had the most recent version of Sewers Slave. But it still has SCR as requirement (and you have removed this before the actuall version, right?)

I was thinking about uploading my version here, so you could look, which one I had used, and how old it is. But as there are a lot of people around, who download and install everything, I better do not ... ;)

Yes, that's what I wanted to say ... maybe I should practise english writing a lot more :blush:

I should have been alerted, that the problem is on my side, as I figured out that SS_C breaks the game, because I can remember that you have written you will remove the requirement for SCR in SS_C and the Tryouts as you have developed SSR. That is a long time ago. And I know that you didn't include the requirement back, as SSR was retired. So ... it should have been obviously for me, that I was using an ancient version of this mod.

And at last, I should have been alerted much more, as the topic title says: Updated 2013-12-28 and the last update of my game was on the 27th.

Well ... maybe I'm getting old ... :)

Have a nice sunday. :shy:

Hey, I kinda ran into some issues with SewerSlave, and I was hoping someone could help me out here. As it is known, there are two ways to start the SS "quest," one by talking to Dermot and the other by getting kidnapped, but there's the darndest thing: I can't seem to get kidnapped! I've set all the chances and minimums to 100 percent, and have all but jumped into battle bare handed to try and trigger being knocked out, but it never triggers. Talking to Dermot still works, but is there a prequisite I'm missing that I need to fulfill first? 

If need be, I can supply a load order. 

Hey, I kinda ran into some issues with SewerSlave, and I was hoping someone could help me out here. As it is known, there are two ways to start the SS "quest," one by talking to Dermot and the other by getting kidnapped, but there's the darndest thing: I can't seem to get kidnapped! I've set all the chances and minimums to 100 percent, and have all but jumped into battle bare handed to try and trigger being knocked out, but it never triggers. Talking to Dermot still works, but is there a prequisite I'm missing that I need to fulfill first? 

If need be, I can supply a load order. 

I'm pretty sure the kidnapping only triggers once you've been taken by Dermot once and escaped. If you've never been enslaved in the sewer before, no-one is looking for you, and you won't get kidnapped.

Yes, the kidnapping kickoff doesn't 'work' currently, since it's for the old rapers. It could probably be made to work with some chance on any death or unconscious flag (even sleep) though. It definitely needs a new/different intro sequence if it gets started that way; that part of it was never finished.

There were a lot of bugs with the kidnapping as I recall anyway, like dead dermot popping up out of toilets and stuff to kidnap you. I think the entire kidnapping functionality needs rewritten from scratch.

-There were a lot of bugs with the kidnapping as I recall anyway, like dead dermot popping up out of toilets and stuff to kidnap you. I think the entire kidnapping functionality needs rewritten from scratch.-

I guess it's not called "Sewer Slave" for nothing :lol: Thanks for making me laugh; I really needed it...

I must say that I absolutely love this mod! it adds so much more depth to westside, which was an area sadly way underdeveloped by Obsidian. Im currently making an entirely different quest mod but liked the idea of this one so much im thinking about tieing them together somehow, if only in references maybe ("Go talk to Dermont, im sure he can help you out somehow").

Since this mod seems to be in limbo now, does anybody have any ideas on how to develop it quest/gameplay/dialogue-wise? Im just curious to see how this story could be expanded.

I must say that I absolutely love this mod! it adds so much more depth to westside, which was an area sadly way underdeveloped by Obsidian. Im currently making an entirely different quest mod but liked the idea of this one so much im thinking about tieing them together somehow, if only in references maybe ("Go talk to Dermont, im sure he can help you out somehow").

Since this mod seems to be in limbo now, does anybody have any ideas on how to develop it quest/gameplay/dialogue-wise? Im just curious to see how this story could be expanded.

I wrote an AAR about it a few years back with one of my characters, you could give it a read maybe for inspiration? I actually think another member decided to add it into the game (as diaries, or notes to be found in the sewers) but I'm not sure how far he progressed as SewerSlave has gone through various changes and different people updating it since then.

I've always liked this plugin, and I do think it is a shame it was never expanded. If you're willing to take up the gauntlet, you could count on my support  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, really like this mod, just my two cents on it :) :

Adding a slider for random approaches in the sewers would be nice, kinda like what Tryout uses.

The addiction dialogue ("I'll do anything for __") seems to only recognize Jet and Psycho. Alcohol should be on there too, I think.

There seems to be a (minor) bug: occasionally when Dermot approaches you when you're in a scene, he will perpetually switch between hostile and non-hostile (repeatedly holstering and unholstering his gun); the stopcombat command fixes this.

It's a little too easy to get hold of a weapon; Dermot should probably randomly shake you down for weapons when he collects each day.

It's also a bit too easy to kill Dermot with a decent unarmed/melee/sneak skill. If you were going into ghoul and drug addict-filled sewers, wouldn't you bring someone along to watch your back? ;)

It's a little ridiculous that randomly some NPC's can take away all your caps without you having any options at all. Using Terrifying Presence on them should prevent that, having a high speech skill could be used to convince them ("Dermot will kill me if I don't give him these caps"), or you could pickpocket them back.

Finally, more drug pusher content would be nice, as well as more named NPC's. :-/

Looking forward to more updates to this nice little mod :)

• 2 months later...