Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Question:

What is *THE* most important feature you would want to see in a new version of Apropos?

Speaking in "see": getting a bigger variety of text snippets. Maybe we can come to a kind of "growing community-text package"  which would be "officially" maintained here but not necessarily been written by you.

Next, I think a better awareness of the actors gender and matching basic texts. Here, it might be worth to dive deeper into the varieties that don't really match the male/female couple archetype.  That said, it would be great to better distinguish a "cock" from a strapon, to think about the "monsters" like dwemer machines, draugr, etc ..

Proper detection of all these circumstances sounds difficult to me and having proper text snippets for each possibility would be a loooooooot of work.

But for me , I'd say it would be worthy enhancement.

1 hour ago, worik said:

Speaking in "see": getting a bigger variety of text snippets. Maybe we can come to a kind of "growing community-text package"  which would be "officially" maintained here but not necessarily been written by you.

Next, I think a better awareness of the actors gender and matching basic texts. Here, it might be worth to dive deeper into the varieties that don't really match the male/female couple archetype.  That said, it would be great to better distinguish a "cock" from a strapon, to think about the "monsters" like dwemer machines, draugr, etc ..

Proper detection of all these circumstances sounds difficult to me and having proper text snippets for each possibility would be a loooooooot of work.

But for me , I'd say it would be worthy enhancement.

Most of the text descriptions were authored by Decauk (I think long gone from LL at this point); The initial set was authored by me, and there have been a scattering of contributions, big and small uploaded to this forum. I simply have harvested them, sanitized them, and they are part of the mod file.

Strapon detection: yes - would be good.

"to think about the "monsters" like dwemer machines, draugr". Not sure what you mean here, since we have descriptions for individual monster races.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, gooser said:

Question:

What is *THE* most important feature you would want to see in a new version of Apropos?

I know I've mentioned it before, but for me it's definitely being able to have longer messages, at least for when the player is involved. 

Potentially an option for Apropos to allow it to loop through messages while on a stage for longer durations.

4 minutes ago, chimiz said:

I know I've mentioned it before, but for me it's definitely being able to have longer messages, at least for when the player is involved. 

Potentially an option for Apropos to allow it to loop through messages while on a stage for longer durations.

Looping through messages has been suggested - I'm still considering putting it in. Not sure if it should be a timed random thing, or a keystroke thing.

Longer messages means bigger widget for player, right? Already some have asked for wider widgets (or a way to increase them) - considering. I would have to dip back into Flash development to open up properties again.

10 minutes ago, gooser said:

Not sure what you mean here, since we have descriptions for individual monster races.

Ah, ok. Forget about it then :classic_blush: 

I never paid much attention to that one and didn't really care that it's not working here. I always thought it's not done yet.

I need to check what I messed up in my setup in that case.

1 minute ago, gooser said:

Looping through messages has been suggested - I'm still considering putting it in. Not sure if it should be a timed random thing, or a keystroke thing.

Longer messages means bigger widget for player, right? Already some have asked for wider widgets (or a way to increase them) - considering. I would have to dip back into Flash development to open up properties again.

Is it a hassle to add an option to toggle between the two? I know some probably prefers it automatic, while I'm as certain others would like to be able to trigger it themselves. I'm personally partial to the timed thing, potentially with a MCM option for how long the timing pulse should be. 

Yeah that sounds familiar. I haven't gone into Widget editing myself so I'm not sure what the options are there, but its definitely the highest on my wishlist for Apropos. 

44 minutes ago, nagothm said:

The only needed feature I can think of is if you could make the running mascara remove itself after a while.

That's done. It actually removes soon after the actor starts "healing". While abuse continues against the actor, the tears/mascara remain. Also I added a color picker in MCM and made it default to black.

4 hours ago, chajapa said:

female/female functionality.

Threesome functionality.

Ummm, please tell me which *exact* scenario is not working. Specific animation and actor list. Because I just looked and there is definite FF support and threesome functionality.

FF functionality includes both anims tagged as Lesbian, and regular MF animations where one F has a strapon.

ElseIf isLesbianSex ; defined as two females

If !animation.HasTag("Lesbian")  ; we are using a regular MF animation probably but with two Fs

If isVaginal || isAnal || isBoobJob ; look for tags that seem to indicate a strapon
                Int actorWithStrapOnIndex = GetIndexOfMalePosition(thread, actorList)
                If actorWithStrapOnIndex != -1 ; if the animation is tagged as vaginal or anal, and we are all females, we should have a strapon somewhere ...
                    Int receivingActorIndex = -1 ; index of actor receiving the strapon

If actorWithStrapOnIndex == 0
                        receivingActorIndex = 1
                    Else
                        receivingActorIndex = 0
                    EndIf

Actor actorWithStrapOn = actorList[actorWithStrapOnIndex]
                    Actor receivingActor = actorList[receivingActorIndex]
                    Bool isReceivingVictim = thread.IsVictim(receivingActor)

If Config.TraceMessagesEnabled
                        String rape = ""
                        If isReceivingVictim
                            rape = " (victim)"
                        EndIf   
                        Log("Actor with strap on : " + actorWithStrapOn.GetDisplayName() + ", receiving : " + receivingActor.GetDisplayName() + rape)
                    EndIf

If isVaginal
                        DisplayFemaleActorFemaleVaginalDescriptions(thread, isReceivingVictim, actorWithStrapOn, receivingActor, effectiveVoice, True, Framework.IsVaginalVirgin(receivingActor))                    
                    ElseIf isAnal
                        DisplayFemaleActorFemaleAnalDescriptions(thread, isReceivingVictim, actorWithStrapOn, receivingActor, effectiveVoice, True, Framework.IsAnalVirgin(receivingActor))      
                    ElseIf isBoobJob
                        DisplayFemaleActorFemaleBoobJobDescriptions(thread, isReceivingVictim, actorWithStrapOn, receivingActor, effectiveVoice, True)
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            ElseIf isForeplay
                ; who is primary and who is active? Gonna just use the default answers: that 0-PlayerRef, 1-other chick
                DisplayFemaleActorFemaleForeplayDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True, Framework.IsVaginalVirgin(primaryActor))
            ElseIf isOral
                ; who is primary and who is active? Gonna just use the default answers: that 0-PlayerRef, 1-other chick
                DisplayFemaleActorFemaleOralDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True, Framework.IsOralVirgin(primaryActor))
            ElseIf isFisting
                DisplayFemaleActorFemaleFistingDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True)
            ElseIf isFootJob
                DisplayFemaleActorFemaleFootjobDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True)
            ElseIf isHandJob
                DisplayFemaleActorFemaleFootjobDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True)
            EndIf            
        Else ; has Lesbian tag
            ; currently hardcoding False for virginitylost - cuz? I don't know! Do people consider lesbian sex virginity loss possible?
            DisplayFemaleActorFemaleLesbianDescriptions(thread, isPrimaryVictim, activeActor, primaryActor, effectiveVoice, True, False)
        EndIf

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Hmm, I never see any commentary for FF here either.

Lots for MF and CF so Apropos is working there but not for FF either with a strapon or lesbian and no effect on wear and tear for FF either

I always assumed it hadn't been implemented

It's implemented but there aren't many files to back it up.

20181018150323_1.jpg

On 10/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, gooser said:

That's done. It actually removes soon after the actor starts "healing". While abuse continues against the actor, the tears/mascara remain. Also I added a color picker in MCM and made it default to black.

Will there be multiple stages of that or will it be an on/off thing?

Just curious

1 hour ago, nagothm said:

Will there be multiple stages of that or will it be an on/off thing?

Just curious

I don't have a lot of working tats to play with basically we have:

- A singular tat for running Mascara

- We have 3 levels of "Tears" (Tears1, Tears2, Tears3)  and two levels of "Sob"

- A singular "Battered" tat.

I expect this isn't doable without a rework of the entire mod, but it'd be nifty if descriptions could filter based on race.

For example, Nords have access to description A and B, Imperials have access to description A and C, and all other races only having access to description A.

If this was to be implemented, having races not be hardcoded in the papyrus script would also allow for descriptions to be specific to non-traditional races, or races that come from other mods.

19 hours ago, Glaurung26 said:

I would like to swap profiles in game instead of the automated "weight" system. Alternatively linking animation tags to database profiles (dity with dirty, loving with loving, resistant with aggressive, etc.).

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Here's the list of tags commonly used for 'theme':

3P
Acrobatic
Aggressive
AggressiveDefault
Anal
Binding
Blowjob
Boobjob
Breastfeeding
Cuddling
Cunnilingus
Custom
Dark Investigations
Dirty
DomSub
Facing
Feeding
FemDom
Fetish
Fisting
Fiveway
Fondling
Footjob
Forced
Foreplay
Funny
Gangbang
Groping
groupsex
Handjob
Holding
Hugging
Impaled
Kissing
Knees
Kneeling
Laying
LeadIn
Licking
Loving
Lying
Masturbation
Necro
Orgy
Petting
Prone
Riding
Rimming
Rough
Sex
Sideways
Sitting
Sleeping
Snuff
Solo
Spanking
Standing
Threesome
Threeway

You mentioned that the next version would be pregnancy aware, I’m not really sure what will be implemented, but it got me thinking about non-verbal NPC reactions to PC state (their heads turn toward you when you walk by anyways).  Something like, “Whiterun guard leers at the smeared makeup running down your cheeks,” “Jarl Elisif looks at your swollen belly and clucks her tongue at your bare ring finger,” “Barbas hungrily laps at the cum dripping down your legs,” etc. etc.  The non-verbals would be based on their faction, morality, sex, etc.  Anyways, not sure if that’s too much but I think it fits in with the theme of the mostly non-verbal supplement to the action that makes Apropos a great mod.

I don’t know if anyone mentioned it already but awareness of the PC’s body state via SL Inflation Framework.  Whatever mods you have installed (Beeing Female, Estrus Chaurus, Hentai Pregnancy, SGO III, Fill Her Up, etc.) won’t matter because most NPCs would assume a big belly/butt/boobs means you’re pregnant.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:22 PM, gooser said:

How much wider would you want the message widget to be? 10% wider?

A tough question, hard to tell without seeing it of course, and too wide widgets in those locations could get intrusive I know, but the lefthand widgets could probably be 10-20% wider without being too intruding on the center of the screen I'm sure.

What about the bottom of the screen for the player widget though? Like the area where you normally would see subtitles. Allows for a much wider widget there. Figured that not much in terms of important subtitling would be going on during player-involved scenes.

4 hours ago, chimiz said:

A tough question, hard to tell without seeing it of course, and too wide widgets in those locations could get intrusive I know, but the lefthand widgets could probably be 10-20% wider without being too intruding on the center of the screen I'm sure.

What about the bottom of the screen for the player widget though? Like the area where you normally would see subtitles. Allows for a much wider widget there. Figured that not much in terms of important subtitling would be going on during player-involved scenes.

I think the approach I will have to take is distribute an alternate, wider widget - 10% or 20% wider, and then let the user in MCM select the wider version. Can't see how to vary the width any more flexibly because the TextField seems to require a hardcoded width, and it's currently set (by me) at 300px.

7 hours ago, fighter139 said:

You mentioned that the next version would be pregnancy aware, I’m not really sure what will be implemented, but it got me thinking about non-verbal NPC reactions to PC state (their heads turn toward you when you walk by anyways).  Something like, “Whiterun guard leers at the smeared makeup running down your cheeks,” “Jarl Elisif looks at your swollen belly and clucks her tongue at your bare ring finger,” “Barbas hungrily laps at the cum dripping down your legs,” etc. etc.  The non-verbals would be based on their faction, morality, sex, etc.  Anyways, not sure if that’s too much but I think it fits in with the theme of the mostly non-verbal supplement to the action that makes Apropos a great mod.

I don’t know if anyone mentioned it already but awareness of the PC’s body state via SL Inflation Framework.  Whatever mods you have installed (Beeing Female, Estrus Chaurus, Hentai Pregnancy, SGO III, Fill Her Up, etc.) won’t matter because most NPCs would assume a big belly/butt/boobs means you’re pregnant.

I mentioned another adjunct mod, which would respond to Pregnancy type events, some time ago. Not sure where I will end up with that. Some of my future thinking ideas are making it into the current release I'm working on, some are not.

5 hours ago, gooser said:

I think the approach I will have to take is distribute an alternate, wider widget - 10% or 20% wider, and then let the user in MCM select the wider version. Can't see how to vary the width any more flexibly because the TextField seems to require a hardcoded width, and it's currently set (by me) at 300px.

Might consider an alternative MCM option to use Original Widget or Wider Widget so it's a run time option instead of install time.  That's as long as it doesn't become a nightmare to call more than one widget.