Some of you have reported that no messages are showing up. Because no one seems to really read the original post, I will repeat it here:

Note: This is beta. The database included in this release is not complete. Some content is missing, and some content is being restructured (Decauk) to take advantage of animation-specific messages. If you want a complete experience, wait until a release in the future.

IF you use 2nd Person for your Narrative Voice (the default) you will not see very much because the database included has primarily only 1st person versions. 

AGAIN when the database is ready to be released, I will make another Apropos Beta release.

If you switch your message preferences in MCM to 1st Person you should see considerable more messages.

Some of you have reported that no messages are showing up. Because no one seems to really read the original post, I will repeat it here:

Note: This is beta. The database included in this release is not complete. Some content is missing, and some content is being restructured (Decauk) to take advantage of animation-specific messages. If you want a complete experience, wait until a release in the future.

IF you use 2nd Person for your Narrative Voice (the default) you will not see very much because the database included has primarily only 1st person versions. 

AGAIN when the database is ready to be released, I will make another Apropos Beta release.

If you switch your message preferences in MCM to 1st Person you should see considerable more messages.

I'm getting an error. No messages are showing up in second or third person.

Of course, that's primarily because apropos is not active in my load order, but... :)

I'm getting no messages at all (either displayed or in console) with new version, tried uninstalling and going back to old version but that now doesn't work either.

Is there a clean uninstall procedure I can do?

I obviously tried using the uninstall option from MCM already.

This mod is still in beta format and therefore you should not use it with important saves. But if you want to clean a save, the clean uninstall is similar to the typical way you clean any SexLab mod.

1. Click the uninstall option in MCM for Apropos.

2. Save the game in a new slot.

3. Open your mod manager/organizer and uninstall apropos.

4. Restart Skyrim, load last save.

5. Wait a few minutes. Resave into a new slot.

You can always try one of the various skyrim save tools out there. I have successfully used:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Ashal seems to like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

See this post, which has embedded in it how to use that particular tool:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159b-updated-0915/page-304?do=findComment&comment=773897

Of course, that's primarily because apropos is not active in my load order, but... :)

Um read above ^ regarding 2nd person...

Sorry. I was trying to be funny. It fell flat.

It's just that I've been talking to some other people about people who download and try out mods without reading the notes or requirements and then complain, and this thread is an excellent example of that. Oh well.

And as this is my 666'th post, I guess I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to be devilish.

Sorry. I was trying to be funny. It fell flat.

It's just that I've been talking to some other people about people who download and try out mods without reading the notes or requirements and then complain, and this thread is an excellent example of that. Oh well.

And as this is my 666'th post, I guess I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to be devilish.

This is how I feel today about that exact topic.

post-76197-0-21714900-1411939490_thumb.jpg

@Content Consumer: if it's any consolation I got your joke (and I am notoriously slow). . ..

@Gooser: Don't let the messages get to you! We all love Apropos and know you are working hard to make it better even than it is!

@Others: Do read the op. Decauk and Gooser were very clear that some messages (esp. 2nd and 3rd person) are not written yet. You can write your own, you know. It's not that hard. . . .

Thanks Grimbold. Well, one positive thing to come out of this short period is that more people are apparently just using the default 2nd Person voice than I thought would be. To me that indicates we probably should give it priority in the future.

I have tried first person before, it wasn't as, well, immersive as second person for me. I don't know if that's other people's problem, but hey...

It's finished when it's finished. Give priority to whatever you feel like doing, because once you try to match your development to other's wishes it turns from something fun into a job, and that's no good.

@Content Consumer: if it's any consolation I got your joke (and I am notoriously slow). . ..

@Gooser: Don't let the messages get to you! We all love Apropos and know you are working hard to make it better even than it is!

@Others: Do read the op. Decauk and Gooser were very clear that some messages (esp. 2nd and 3rd person) are not written yet. You can write your own, you know. It's not that hard. . . .

+1

So far, Apropos is one of my favorite Mods and Gooser did a really good job. I'm suprised how good this pre-release (if you can call this so) is and can't really wait for the full-version. 

About my little question:

I checked the database to know what is actually in. So far, everything works like a charm :)

Just didnt get the massages for the female masturbating (only this) and since there are entries, I was wondering if I have an conflict somewhere or its just not activated in this release and cant work (because beta). Nothing big :) 

However. Keep up the good work Gooser! Looking forward when its all finished

I like that there would be some difference in tracking between consensual and non-consensual acts, and showing tears and possible injuries is definitely a new level of immersion when it comes to the bad things that can happen in Skyrim with LL mods around. ^_^

Also want to say that I can't believe I went so long without Apropos installed, as I am so into the variety of messages I get that really relate to what's happening to my character. Sometimes, the post-coital messages get delayed quite a bit, but I still love reading them. 

W&T Increase messages will be tweaked to make more sense with the delayed timer.

I have now finished 3rd person (standin content, 3rd person will be getting overhauled as I do the unique messages).

I'm now creating basic MalePC content, and will then tweak the W&T Increase files.

I am hoping to have this finished very soon (next few hours).

Guest Devocracy

- From 201403XX to 2014613:

• Make a clean save in Skyrim. Exit.
  • Uninstall your current version of Apropos.
  • Reload game save, dismiss warning about missing objects. Wait a few minutes, perform save again. Exit
  • Reload game save, wait a few minutes, perform save again. Exit
  • (optional) Use Save Game Cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?
  • Install new version of Apropos.
  • Reload game save. You should see message about Apropos upgrading to version 20140423. View MCM panel for Apropos and exit immediately.
  • Wait until you see a message about new MCM menu being registered.
  • Go into Apropos MCM panel and click "REFRESH" under Message Preferences.
  • Make a clean save.

Before the new update comes out I figure I'd ask this.

The update instructions refer to 201403xx to 2014613.

Now I'm currently using.. 2014613 and was curious if the same update instructions will need to be followed for the next update.

For the record, I have "wear and tear" disabled in Apropos, I'm just using it for the dialogue.  In short, I'm wondering if when the new update comes out, if I can just overwrite the pre-existing files and start up my game without any issues.  But if I am to do a clean save, which I'm not keen on, since wear and tear is already disabled, I imagine all I have to do is untick apropos and start up the game, do a save, exit the game, install the new version and then be golden?

- From 201403XX to 2014613:

• Uninstall your current version of Apropos.
  • Reload game save, dismiss warning about missing objects. Wait a few minutes, perform save again. Exit
  • (optional) Use Save Game Cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?
  • Reload game save. You should see message about Apropos upgrading to version 20140423. View MCM panel for Apropos and exit immediately.
  • Make a clean save.

Before the new update comes out I figure I'd ask this.

The update instructions refer to 201403xx to 2014613.

Now I'm currently using.. 2014613 and was curious if the same update instructions will need to be followed for the next update.

For the record, I have "wear and tear" disabled in Apropos, I'm just using it for the dialogue.  In short, I'm wondering if when the new update comes out, if I can just overwrite the pre-existing files and start up my game without any issues.  But if I am to do a clean save, which I'm not keen on, since wear and tear is already disabled, I imagine all I have to do is untick apropos and start up the game, do a save, exit the game, install the new version and then be golden?

I don't think i can recommend an in-place upgrade because I simply have not tried it. There isn't any differences in the scriptnames but there is quite a bit of reorganization related to properties that might make the in-place fail. I would recommend the clean save technique. I have just updated the instructions on the OP, but here you go:

From 201403XX to 201409xx:

• In the MCM panel for Apropos click "Uninstall mod" under the General tab. Wait a few moments then exit MCM.
  • Uninstall your current version of Apropos. Make sure to remove any Data/Scripts/Source/Apropos*.psc and Data/Scripts/Apropos*.pex files just in case.
  • (optional) Use Savegame Script Scalpel: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?
  • Reload game save. You should see message about Apropos upgrading to version 201409xx. View MCM panel for Apropos and exit immediately.
  • Make a clean save.

* Scalpel Instructions

1) Open "PDTWrapper.exe"

2) Click "Select ESS" and navigate to your saves folder and chose your most recent save file

3) Click "Load Papyrus Section" and let it run. (Can take some time)

4) Once finished, click the "Analysis" tab and you should be presented with some text showing you how many script instances aren't attached to anything and how many with no class definitions. Take note of what options it gives you.

5) To clean this, on the right hand side, will be the "Basic Cleaning" option. Click "Remove Unattached Instances" and let it run and do its thing.

6) Once this is complete click "Remove Instances" under "Instance Operations" and again let it do its thing.

7) Done!

Wow, this took me ages, and I'm not even anywhere near finished!

• Full 1st & 2nd support.
  • 3rd person currently is filled with converted 1st/2nd person messages. It will get its own unique messages as I progress, 3rd will not just be a copy of 1st/2nd with a perspective change.
  • MalePC support for females and masturbation.
  • No unique messages yet, and I still haven't written Werewolfgal, Spriggan and Atronach. But I will.
  • Currently few messages for the new categories; Horse Anal, Giant Handjob and Draugr Anal. Again, these will be done.
  • W&T Increase still has immediate post-coital messages. These are the very next thing I will fix.

I plan on changing the format as I move on. 1st & 2nd will be copies of each other, with minor changes. 3rd person will be different though, and will eventually have its own unique messages since it needs to serve both PCs and NPCs the PC is watching. It will also have a lot more 'looks' content, as opposed to the 'feels' content of 1st/2nd.

If you want an idea of what I plan to do, have a look at the MalePC Masturbation files, they're written in this way, as will the new files I write for the new categories and unique animations.

Let me know what you think, and continue to PM me spelling/grammatical/technical errors so I can correct them.

Apropos Custom 290914.7z

I'm getting no messages at all (either displayed or in console) with new version, tried uninstalling and going back to old version but that now doesn't work either.

Is there a clean uninstall procedure I can do?

I obviously tried using the uninstall option from MCM already.

This mod is still in beta format and therefore you should not use it with important saves. But if you want to clean a save, the clean uninstall is similar to the typical way you clean any SexLab mod.

1. Click the uninstall option in MCM for Apropos.

2. Save the game in a new slot.

3. Open your mod manager/organizer and uninstall apropos.

4. Restart Skyrim, load last save.

5. Wait a few minutes. Resave into a new slot.

You can always try one of the various skyrim save tools out there. I have successfully used:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Ashal seems to like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

See this post, which has embedded in it how to use that particular tool:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159b-updated-0915/page-304?do=findComment&comment=773897

Thanks, I had used the savetool before but had forgotten all about it, or even where I had loaded it.

Fixed and got latest version working, which is a bonus as I had royally fucked up the install in the first place... I was tired, it was late (early) and I'm a  dumbass... Those are my excuses, if you don't like them I have more.

Wow, this took me ages, and I'm not even anywhere near finished!

• Full 1st & 2nd support.
  • 3rd person currently is filled with converted 1st/2nd person messages. It will get its own unique messages as I progress, 3rd will not just be a copy of 1st/2nd with a perspective change.
  • MalePC support for females and masturbation.
  • No unique messages yet, and I still haven't written Werewolfgal, Spriggan and Atronach. But I will.
  • Currently few messages for the new categories; Horse Anal, Giant Handjob and Draugr Anal. Again, these will be done.
  • W&T Increase still has immediate post-coital messages. These are the very next thing I will fix.

I plan on changing the format as I move on. 1st & 2nd will be copies of each other, with minor changes. 3rd person will be different though, and will eventually have its own unique messages since it needs to serve both PCs and NPCs the PC is watching. It will also have a lot more 'looks' content, as opposed to the 'feels' content of 1st/2nd.

If you want an idea of what I plan to do, have a look at the MalePC Masturbation files, they're written in this way, as will the new files I write for the new categories and unique animations.

Let me know what you think, and continue to PM me spelling/grammatical/technical errors so I can correct them.

Really thanks for sharing that.

Guest Devocracy

I decided to just play it safe and started a new game with the new version of the mod, and the custom file a few posts above, and so far it is working flawlessly dialogue wise.  I can't comment on the wear and tear system, since like I said in an earlier post, I don't use the wear and tear system so I can't comment on the post-coital messages.

3rd person works fine with just the converted first and second person dialogue.  I tried 2nd person just for kicks though and talk about creepy, the last thing I want to read about how is how "embry" is doing me up the ass.   However, if I played as a male character, I imagine 2nd person would be the way to go. 

If the next database update requires a clean save, I'll then try the scalpel method since starting over yet again would just be annoying.  Most of the quests are actually fun to replay over and over.  The only quest I hate re-playing is Dawnguard's main quest, the spirit world part takes way too long, filling that one shrine with water takes way too long, and while many like Serena, I can't stand her. But I'm a werewolf guy, never cared much for vampires, especially after Anne Rice made them all girly men with frilly shirts.  

I saw a conversation about Stage 1, and thought I'd bring up my thoughts.

Stage 1 has a few uses; Start can be about penetration and Stage 1 can be about the initial fucking. Some animations (Spriggan CG) actually have startup animations where one party initiated sex, which could use the difference between the stages.

The major issue, and the reason I don't use Stage 1 files, is simply screen clutter. Both messages would fire simultaneously, and that just makes it hard to read. For now, I have no intention of using Stage 1, but that may change if the display options do.

Had apropos working fine in prior versions but gone wrong on this update.

Followed update instructions, get Upgraded apropos version <whatever the current one is>.

Got the mcm found 1 menu or whatever message

Apropos mcm intro menu shows with the picture, but there's no actual settings/submenus that list.