Thanks to all for participation, will leave it for tomorrow.. And still can't reproduce :s And it's obvious that it's JC issue now

Thanks for your work. :)

No rush. I can easily avoid it and so far nobody else was complaining :)

If you excuse me now, I have to kill a dragon :D

yeah, I wouldn't consider this a high priority item Earendil since he has a work around, and I'm not so sure if I will even need JString.wrap() anymore (don't cry!) in a few months, since I believe my Flash-based Text widget will wrap text for me already nicely. 

yeah so no difference here.

Well, did try a new game to avoid maybe an update error. Still crashes. Thats all I can test for now ^^

Still dont have a good workaround for NPCs. mmh.. 

Dont know how to change the name for generic NPC like bandits. The Names appear in english in the ck. Some I cant even change :D

Thanks waree, I will take a look! 

The problem is, that jC crashes when it has to break a text that contains umlauts into segments.

Don't know whats different at my game. Deinstalled Radiant Prostitution as a updated Apropos to avoid an conflict and don't have any other mods that uses jC.

(Are there other mods then Apropos, Radiant Prostitution and Slave Tats?). Its hard to pin down. 

Skyrim 1.9.32.0.8 (SKSE 1.7.1 rel 46)

Making an Win-Update atm.

The stupid thing is, I cant get a workaround for generic npcs. Dont know where the translation is hiding exactly. 

Think I have to switch somehow to the english version if nothing else helps.

Do you have the german version and does it work for you? You dont have to, but would be nice. :)

Um den test gleich zu halten, einfach in der Welt zum nächsten Bär rennen (Hab die verlassene Hütte am Fluss bei Windhelm genommen. Da ist immer ein Bär oder Säbelzahntiger),  Matchmaker drauf und schaun ob er Sätze mit "Bär"/"Säbelzahntiger" umbricht. Charakterlänge auf 70. 

Edith: Tested your db. But it uses {active_name} instead of {active}. So he just didn't show any name. But was worth a try :)

Found something interesting: 

I switched in the default db {active} to Höhlenbär, because I think this is how Gooser did his tests. Expected a crash but it doesn't show any massage at all. Only the Orgasm stage, which I forgot to change, shows up (it was my fixed with bear instead of {active}).

So every .txt that contains an umlaut won't get showed.

[10/02/2014 - 04:58:16PM] Problems parsing file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Bear/femaleActor_Bear_Vaginal_Stage3.txt'. Check Json validity at jsonlint.com

Got also an Error on jsonlint.com with:

Das ist ein lustiger Höhlenbär welcher durch die Luft springt und lustige Sachen macht

Maybe this is helpful somehow

egon, take a look inside my db File and you you can see, Bär = Baer. JContainer nimmt wohl keine Umlaute.

Waree,

Your database fails three json validation tests, not to mention its out of date (uses the wrong tag names).

post-76197-0-74811700-1412265048_thumb.png

Thanks waree, I will take a look! 

The problem is, that jC crashes when it has to break a text that contains umlauts into segments.

Don't know whats different at my game. Deinstalled Radiant Prostitution as a updated Apropos to avoid an conflict and don't have any other mods that uses jC.

(Are there other mods then Apropos, Radiant Prostitution and Slave Tats?). Its hard to pin down. 

Skyrim 1.9.32.0.8 (SKSE 1.7.1 rel 46)

Making an Win-Update atm.

The stupid thing is, I cant get a workaround for generic npcs. Dont know where the translation is hiding exactly. 

Think I have to switch somehow to the english version if nothing else helps.

Do you have the german version and does it work for you? You dont have to, but would be nice. :)

Um den test gleich zu halten, einfach in der Welt zum nächsten Bär rennen (Hab die verlassene Hütte am Fluss bei Windhelm genommen. Da ist immer ein Bär oder Säbelzahntiger),  Matchmaker drauf und schaun ob er Sätze mit "Bär"/"Säbelzahntiger" umbricht. Charakterlänge auf 70. 

Edith: Tested your db. But it uses {active_name} instead of {active}. So he just didn't show any name. But was worth a try :)

Found something interesting: 

I switched in the default db {active} to Höhlenbär, because I think this is how Gooser did his tests. Expected a crash but it doesn't show any massage at all. Only the Orgasm stage, which I forgot to change, shows up (it was my fixed with bear instead of {active}).

So every .txt that contains an umlaut won't get showed.

[10/02/2014 - 04:58:16PM] Problems parsing file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Bear/femaleActor_Bear_Vaginal_Stage3.txt'. Check Json validity at jsonlint.com

Got also an Error on jsonlint.com with:

Das ist ein lustiger Höhlenbär welcher durch die Luft springt und lustige Sachen macht

Maybe this is helpful somehow

You have to paste in a valid json segment to validate, not just a sentence. Are you pasting the entire contents of the file ? or just that sentence?

You have to paste in a valid json segment to validate, not just a sentence. Are you pasting the entire contents of the file ? or just that sentence?

on jsonlint.com I just uses the sentece I have quoted. Was just a test to see what happend. :)

Thats why I quoted it, if this cant work in any case :)

(wasn a sentence from the db. Just something that is long and contains ö )

The logs are from ingame, where I changed {actor} to Höhlenbär in the default log. Just forgot to change the orgasm stage.

So if there is an umlaut in the db, it just don't show any massage at all in this stage and write an error in the apropos.log

Thought this is maybe helpful.

You have to type or paste in a complete json structure, not a sentence. Even "all good boys go home" is invalid json.

It either has to be a json array or object, something that starts with open { braces or [ array bracket.

yeah, tested it for about a second. its valid.

Now its the question why he wont load it ingame, when the .txt contains lines like:

"The Höhlenbär keeps me pinned beneath him as he allows his {BEAST} {COCK} to take me.",

I guess I'm losing track of what you are testing with - are you testing with waree's db but after updating the out-of-date tags?

I have no problems with umlauts apparently.

There are two things of how you could just display the short name. The first one is to make use of Text Replacements.

And the second to make use of StringUtil.

String ActorShortName = StringUtil.SubString(Actor.GetName(), 0, StringUtil.Find(Actor.GetName(), " "))

Yes, anyone can do that (parse a name). But that's not a designated "short name", that's just the first word in the name. Probably good enough.

EDIT: And, incidentally, Text Replacements are great for text strings coming out CK (quests, etc), but they don't really fit into the world where you are reading text from an external file during runtime.

And in a burst of incredible short-sightedness Bethesda doesn't do text replacements for strings used in Debug.Notification making their "awesome wonderfulness" they brag about in the CK Wiki into "frustrating unusability".

Is it possible to determine on his side the nature of the crash? I mean what causes the crash in JContainers?

I doubt he will allow me attach debugger :D Would be cool to know whether Skyrim generates crash-dumps, and then send me one in this case. The input string which causes this and `character wrap` number (which is 70) should be enough to reproduce crash on my side (i hope). 

Just wondered, it can't be caused by something else? First time I saw German translations in March, it had enough time to show up

SKSE.INI -- Add the following

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1
This will cause crash dump minidump files to be created (close to the Papyrus logs in the file system tree) when you get CTDs.

There are two things of how you could just display the short name. The first one is to make use of Text Replacements.

And the second to make use of StringUtil.

String ActorShortName = StringUtil.SubString(Actor.GetName(), 0, StringUtil.Find(Actor.GetName(), " "))

Yes, anyone can do that (parse a name). But that's not a designated "short name", that's just the first word in the name. Probably good enough.

EDIT: And, incidentally, Text Replacements are great for text strings coming out CK (quests, etc), but they don't really fit into the world where you are reading text from an external file during runtime.

And in a burst of incredible short-sightedness Bethesda doesn't do text replacements for strings used in Debug.Notification making their "awesome wonderfulness" they brag about in the CK Wiki into "frustrating unusability".

That's ok, though. I get a lot more flexibility the way I have gone. ;)

Is it possible to determine on his side the nature of the crash? I mean what causes the crash in JContainers?

I doubt he will allow me attach debugger :D Would be cool to know whether Skyrim generates crash-dumps, and then send me one in this case. The input string which causes this and `character wrap` number (which is 70) should be enough to reproduce crash on my side (i hope). 

Just wondered, it can't be caused by something else? First time I saw German translations in March, it had enough time to show up

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1
This will cause crash dump minidump files to be created (close to the Papyrus logs in the file system tree) when you get CTDs.

Is it binary or text?

Now its the question why he wont load it ingame, when the .txt contains lines like:

"The Höhlenbär keeps me pinned beneath him as he allows his {BEAST} {COCK} to take me.",

I guess I'm losing track of what you are testing with - are you testing with waree's db but after updating the out-of-date tags?

Sry, my english isnt that good. maybe I didnt explain it well :/

Used the default db that came with apropos. 

Just changed the {active} into Höhlenbär in my last log, because I thought that was how you test it.

In this case he doesn't show any massage and logged an error and I think this was worth to mention. 

I saw in waree's db that it used {active_name} and didn't use it for tests here.

Also saw that it worked for you. I just try to find out what makes my game different then yours :/

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1

Is it binary or text?

Binary, you need the debug tools in the SDK or Visual Studio to decode it.

Sry, my english isnt that good. maybe I didnt explain it well :/

Used the default db that came with apropos. 

Just changed the {active} into Höhlenbär in my last log, because I thought that was how you test it.

In this case he doesn't show any massage and logged an error and I think this was worth to mention. 

I saw in waree's db that it used {active_name} and didn't use it for tests here.

Also saw that it worked for you. I just try to find out what makes my game different then yours :/

Ok, can you just post an archive (zip, etc) of just your Bears db folder? 

egon, take a look inside my db File and you you can see, Bär = Baer. JContainer nimmt wohl keine Umlaute.

Waree,

Your database fails three json validation tests, not to mention its out of date (uses the wrong tag names).

Sure gooser. My db File is from 15.march this year and at this time the Validation was ok. I think this was your first release from Apropos. :)

Waree,

Sure gooser. My db File is from 15.march this year and at this time the Validation was ok. I think this was your first relaese from Apropos. :)

Understand. No problem. A lot has changed since March!

Did you mean to say that generally Umlauts were causing you problems back then?