Member age ranges?? (Just out of curiousity)

arr0w

LL Member Age Ranges  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Age Range? (Im purely curious)

• 18-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-45
    • 46-55
    • 56+

It shouldn't be a surprise. The average age of a US gamer is 35 years old. I am 43 and was just a youngster, the perfect age to get addicted, when video games first came out. And I've been playing them ever since.

My first console? Atari 2000 and it could only play one stinking game. But it was fucking awesome at the time. We thought it'd never get better than that. At least until Atari released the 2600. :lol:

Guest xthejester

My age is in my profile.

Actually...my profile is pretty much filled out a great deal more than most I've looked at here.

I'm perhaps oversharing?

Guest Mogie56

my first console The Brown Box aka Magnavox Odyssey

what was your first Operating system with a GUI ?

mine was Geoworks Ensemble 1990 then Windows 1995

there was an earlier version of geos for the commadore but I used Dos 1.0 at that time.

I have an Atari 2600 sitting in the top of my closet; but I don't have a televsion anymore...

Personal computers didn't become a reality until I was in high school. I do recall my dad

getting all excited because he found a trick that allowed you to make crude drawings

on the VAX PDP11 computer they had where he worked. I was not impressed, and didn't

have much to do with computers and gaming until I played Silent Hill 3 and was blown away

by the graphics. Now I'm a graphics snob; if it doesn't look really good I'm not interested.

It's an exciting time to be playing games. There's enough clues here to guess about how

old I am ;)

It shouldn't be a surprise. The average age of a US gamer is 35 years old. I am 43 and was just a youngster, the perfect age to get addicted, when video games first came out. And I've been playing them ever since.

My first console? Atari 2000 and it could only play one stinking game. But it was fucking awesome at the time. We thought it'd never get better than that. At least until Atari released the 2600. :lol:

I had both of those, I actually had a 1970's pong system as my first system. How far we have come.

I had both of those, I actually had a 1970's pong system as my first system. How far we have come.
Yep. You might be old.

My brother and I received one of the original home Pong systems for Christmas that year. We were truly blessed to have the mom we had, as she always made holidays special.

Before that we would go down to the local bowling alley to play those late age mechanical games. Most people would just lump them together with pinball machines, but they really weren't. Sort of like how Whack-a-Mole is still found in arcade areas at malls. Our favorites were the target shooting games that sported a scoped prop rifle turreted four feet from tiny fluorescent painted animals attached to moving tracks, under a black light. The sounds were pretty neat, if I remember right.

Well great, now I feel really sad.

Pardon my reminiscence.

Reminisce all you want, old timer.

Remember shuffleboard bowling? I remember the first 3D tank combat game in the arcade (but not it's name! :lol:) where you looked through a set of goggles and there were wire framed tanks about the world you had to destroy before they got you. Man, that was the coolest thing ever.....for a year or so. :D

Guest endgameaddiction

I can't take the poll serious. I want to hit -18 for the laughs, but the sad thing is the law takes sarcasm like this serious.

I guess I can pretend I'm underage for a moment so I can feel... special? wanted?

On second thought. I like my age. must say the 80's and early 90's were good times for me. Everything after that (the prime of Nu Metal and then Emo/Scene era to the Nu Hardcore) just reminded me why It was good to be an 80's kid.

Guest xthejester

I can't take the poll serious. I want to hit -18 for the laughs, but the sad thing is the law takes sarcasm like this serious.

I guess I can pretend I'm underage for a moment so I can feel... special? wanted?

On second thought. I like my age. must say the 80's and early 90's were good times for me. Everything after that (the prime of Nu Metal and then Emo/Scene era to the Nu Hardcore) just reminded me why It was good to be an 80's kid.

Yeah...I don't get music these days.

The only newer stuff I seem to like is that pseudo-folk stuff. Which disturbs me to my very core.

• 3 weeks later...

My age is in my profile.

Actually...my profile is pretty much filled out a great deal more than most I've looked at here.

I'm perhaps oversharing?

If my profile would realy stay here and not used for anything i would give all.

I'm affraid we don't live in this fairytale world as long google-facebook-microsoft or goverment secret service and so many others plus criminals not building profiles to sell it or try hack into your life i won't reveal anything sorry sounds paranoid maybe for many but not me.

Blame the privacy invaders goverments-nsa-google-facebook-microsoft or criminals so i don't trust anybody or internet sad maybe thats how it is for me.

Sorry nothing personal guys and girls im bit weird i know :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just turned 28 but if it helps most people think I look 14-16 years old. I'm a lady with a baby face apparently. Which is both awesome and stupid at the same time. I get dirty looks when I'm out with my toddler (1 and a half) daughter and my husband gets dirty looks when he's out with me. And I'm older than him!

Archived