[WIP] Skyrim Slavers Guild

ON HOLD!?!?! My dreams are crushed! Destroyed! My heart thrown into a blender and chopped to a billion pieces! WHYYY!!!!

Ehem.... anyways, Hope your life is going well Doc, and I extremely look forward to your continuation on this... my excitement can barely be contained since I learned about this many moons ago!

<3 Keep up the awesome fantasticle wonderous work! *when you haz the time ^_^*

What i don´t get is why you are making such an extensive mod ?

Why can´t you just make a mod like MLA and improve it ? Why can´t you just add the function to capture Npc´s make them your whores , and placing them to differet towns , to make them gain money for you . You just need to do that and add more animations and misc. Features to MLA and there you have it , the perfect Sex ,Rape and Prostitution mod for Skyrim ?

I don´t understand why you have to write 2 Books worth of story and mechanics just for a Sexmod...

Ehem.... anyways' date=' Hope your life is going well Doc, and I extremely look forward to your continuation on this... my excitement can barely be contained since I learned about this many moons ago!

[/quote']

I don´t understand why you have to write 2 Books worth of story and mechanics just for a Sexmod...

I want to make a quest with adult content because that's the sort of mod that I enjoy playing. I don't want to write just a sexmod.

Honest question, honest answer.

What i don´t get is why you are making such an extensive mod ?

Why can´t you just make a mod like MLA and improve it ? Why can´t you just add the function to capture Npc´s make them your whores ' date=' and placing them to differet towns , to make them gain money for you . You just need to do that and add more animations and misc. Features to MLA and there you have it , the perfect Sex ,Rape and Prostitution mod for Skyrim ?

[/quote']

Why would he want to write another sex mod like ML or AP? They are already written and they work fine for what they do (except for some bug fixes). The man has a vision of HIS mod (I repeat, HIS mod) and he can do what he bloody well likes with it. I for one want to see where his vision ends up because it is very intriguing. If you think that someone needs to change/fix/update ML, download the CK and get to work. No one is stopping you but you.

thank you for that srayesmanll...

was going to say something similar myself' date=' apparently some people find it hard to understand something as simple as creating a mod for yourself yourway etc..

[/quote']

It's amazing how demanding some people can be about mods. When I first starting using mods (I'm a recent convert) I never thought about demanding anything from the mod developer. I would make suggestions, but never questioned the direction of a mod. It wasn't my place because it wasn't MY mod, I just used it. It's like someone downloading a song (for free mind you) and telling the artist they used the wrong chord and they need to change the lyrics. That just seems so damn rude to me. And the advice I gave about do it yourself is something I did with Sexout. I saw something I thought was missing, and added to sexout rather than whine about nobody else doing it. And it really doesn't take a PhD to mod. If you can read and you can do basic math, you can mod. Granted not with any speed or accuracy to begin with, but then you start small and build. Although with what Doc is building with this, some experience helps :D . But as with all this, experience comes with practice...

i use the same rules on or offline so what you see is what you get... and yea it is a bit rude, but sometimes it can help with motivation or extra ideas later on (but usually with better information added about the mod itself instead of comparisons etc.) and constructive criticisms etc.

but yea, if its not your mod... suggestions are ok, demands are probably going to be ignored (much like walking into someplace like valve and trying to demand something from gabe or something, wont get very far), though it might be hilarious to film and rewatch several times lol

Ehem.... anyways' date=' Hope your life is going well Doc, and I extremely look forward to your continuation on this... my excitement can barely be contained since I learned about this many moons ago!

[/quote']

I want to make a quest with adult content because that's the sort of mod that I enjoy playing. I don't want to write just a sexmod.

Honest question' date=' honest answer.

[/quote']

Honest advise - make a slavemod, and expand it with a quest later. Dont try to make a final version of a product at 1 time. Thats why they make beta, v1.0, v1.1, DLCs etc.

Ok...

With larger development it's very useful to do most of the analysis and design before starting on development. Goes for small projects too, by the way.

True, you can do things by versions (and most do). But it is still useful to know where you want to be with v 5.0 even when you're working on v 1.0.

But thats just the "hard" aspect of project management. I find that most people totally ignore the more softer parts. Like motivational planning.

When it comes to development largely done by one person you need to make it rewarding for that one person. If it's not, then Doc (in this case) will not be able to go the whole distance. So... I say he should develop in a way that is most fun for him, primarily. In that case, giving advice on what to do first is just contraproductive. Doc seems to know what he's doing.

With larger development it's very useful to do most of the analysis and design before starting on development. Goes for small projects too' date=' by the way.

[/quote']

Yeah. Although, truth be told, I don't usually work that way. I tend to jump in and start coding most of the time, which isn't ideal. For this project though, I had all the ideas before there was a CK kit to work with. So I started a thread to write them all down and things grew from there.

When it comes to development largely done by one person you need to make it rewarding for that one person. If it's not' date=' then Doc (in this case) will not be able to go the whole distance. So... I say he should develop in a way that is most fun for him, primarily. In that case, giving advice on what to do first is just contraproductive. Doc seems to know what he's doing.

[/quote']

That's it in a nutshell. The trouble with any sort of game dev work is that you never get time to play the game. You're coding and debugging, and after a while it stops being a game and becomes just work. And it once it starts being work, it stops being a hobby you can do to relax and starts being a source of more stress.

Honest advise - make a slavemod' date=' and expand it with a quest later. Dont try to make a final version of a product at 1 time. Thats why they make beta, v1.0, v1.1, DLCs etc.

[/quote']

I'll take that in the spirit in which it was intended.

And I am planning to release stages. That's why there's one quest is already done. I get that you'd be happier if I worked on the mechanics first, but I'm certainly not trying to do the make the final product in one go.

Hey, sorry if what I'm about to suggest has already been brought up - I was going to read through the whole thread, but then I noticed 320 pages... eek!

So, I recognise that this project is on hold, and feel free to dismiss this out of hand - it is your mod after all.

I had a thought similar to the Dwemer slave training facility arc that you mentioned at the bottom of page 2, in the "goodies" post. If you're a female character, or possibly a male character too if you have male slaves, you're following the destroying the guild path, and they defeat you at the ultimatum part, or maybe at any point in the questline, they figure that if you won't join their membership, you can join their slave pens. Something like the escape from jail side missions, except with decent locks, so you have to be REALLY good at lockpicking to get out that way. If you rest, you'd do the fade to black thing, except instead of waking up outside the castle, minus any stolen goods, you wake up where the slave girls would, either thrown into the boxing ring, or having had your services bought for the evening by some passing trader or crooked imperial or stormcloak officer, or maybe one of the guild has decided he wants to have you that night. Then when you've performed, fade to black, and back to the cell with you, maybe with a new lockpick if you have a good enough pickpocket skill, or the key if you have a very high one, or if you were servicing a guild member.

This could probably go on for a few months of ingame time (so maybe make it an optional part for people who don't find playing as a sex slave for more than a few minutes appealing) with a few possible escape routes, all of which requiring high skill levels in one thing or another - maybe a high speech skill would let you convince that imperial officer who's violating you that he wants to take you with him, buy himself a wife from the slavers, then you could escape from him in the night or slit his throat, although this way, you would lose whatever equipment you'd been carrying when they caught you, other than quest items, so possibly a matter of running naked in the tundra...

Obviously there'd have to be a point where you get out, or it could end up being a sex slave game with no escape available to you... or maybe that would be another optional, to have a non-skill escape option after, say two months in game. Maybe one of the guards has been having doubts for a while, and sees that there's still a light in your eyes and that you could fight your way out to freedom if someone "accidentally" left your cage unlocked, and some equipment on the table, then fell asleep. Or maybe the boss thinks you're broken and has decided that he wants you to be his woman, then, again, slit his throat as he sleeps and make your way to freedom. Or perhaps your new occupation would steadily increase your speech and pickpocketing skills?

Anyway, this is getting really long, and I don't think there's much to add, so take it as you will.

Wait, no, I also thought that the captivity might have had an effect on you - you could get another chance to become a member if you take one of the internal escape paths. Oust the boss, take his place, and follow the main arc from some way down the questline, as they would have developed more while you were in captivity than they would have if you'd joined outright, possibly farther depending on how long you'd been captive, but that might detract from it, I don't know.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this mod, even if you reject this suggestion. It kinda makes me feel a little uncomfortable, but then so does becoming a cold blooded assassin in the service of a talking corpse, and it's good to face what makes you uncomfortable, especially when it's possible to do it safely.

I hope whatever is making your life unsettled gets sorted out. :)

So, I've been keeping watch on your thread and think that your idea is great, and even though it's on hold now, I am hopeful that you will get back to it at some point in the future. It looks great as an idea, and I think it would be great if you can get everything implemented. Anyway, from following your idea, I had an interesting idea and decided to share and see what you and others thought. Towards the end of the quest line, and if you've joined the stormcloaks and gotten the civil war about halfway done but not finished it, there's an extra quest that shows only under those conditions. The idea of the quest is that Ulfric wants to make his bid for the throne of the High King more legitimate, and after hearing of the slavers guild, gives them a proposition. Bring him the subdued Jarl of Solitude (can't remember her name) so that he can beget an heir through her, and when he becomes High King he will make the guild a legal and reconized guild in skyrim with his backing.

On the other hand if the civil war is going in favor of the imperials, the guild decides to have the Jarl of Solitude captured, broken, and in their graces before having her 'rescued' and returned to Solitude to give them some breathing room with Solitude and the lands under her rule and those loyal to her.

Regretfully' date=' this mod is now officially on hiatus.

For those who don't know, my paying job is in meltdown at the moment, and between the stress of that and my self-inflicted workload from the mod I've got to the point where it hurts to think about it.

So, development is suspended. Apologies all round.

I'm not ruling out resuming work when my brain cools down a bit, but for now I'm taking a break until further notice.

[/quote']

Sorry to hear about this, the mod sounded amazing but I totally understand why you would want a break. Thanks for the work you've done so far, thanks for the delightfully horrible ideas you've thrown around and I hope things improve for you soon.

To make things clear' date=' sorry if something sounded rude, I did not want that. Just suggesting.

[/quote']

Understood :)

If you're a female character ... you're following the destroying the guild path' date=' and they defeat you at the ultimatum part, or maybe at any point in the questline, they figure that if you won't join their membership, you can join their slave pens.

[/quote']

Yeah. For a lot of people, the whole point of a DTSG path is to get their characters enslaved against their will :)

Then when you've performed' date=' fade to black, and back to the cell with you, maybe with a new lockpick if you have a good enough pickpocket skill, or the key if you have a very high one, or if you were servicing a guild member.

[/quote']

I had some ideas about an escapology skill to give you a temporary, improvised lockpick. The skill would have a cooldown period and only be usable in escape from captivity situations.

you could get another chance to become a member if you take one of the internal escape paths.

I did have a notion to have a way out of slavery by earning a place in the guild. Sort of' date=' anyway :)

I hope whatever is making your life unsettled gets sorted out. :)

My batteries are recharging :)

Towards the end of the quest line' date=' and if you've joined the stormcloaks and gotten the civil war about halfway done but not finished it, there's an extra quest that shows only under those conditions. The idea of the quest is that Ulfric wants to make his bid for the throne of the High King more legitimate, and after hearing of the slavers guild, gives them a proposition. Bring him the subdued Jarl of Solitude (can't remember her name) so that he can beget an heir through her, and when he becomes High King he will make the guild a legal and reconized guild in skyrim with his backing.

[/quote']

I had some plans in mind for Elsif. But I was thinking of giving each leader a subordinate in charge of "dirty tricks" with some guild oriented side missions for the player.

Sorry to hear about this' date=' the mod sounded amazing but I totally understand why you would want a break. Thanks for the work you've done so far, thanks for the delightfully horrible ideas you've thrown around and I hope things improve for you soon.

[/quote']

Thanks! The situation is unchanged, but a few decent nights sleep and some actual recreational computer time and I'm starting to feel a bit more like my old self again. No promises about when I'm going to resume work, but things are going in the right direction.

I did have a notion to have a way out of slavery by earning a place in the guild. Sort of' date=' anyway :)

[/quote']

This post started out as an attempt to recap what's been said about this so far (on the wiki and here). It's from memory, so don't be too hard on me if I get it wrong. It did, however, become more than that as I got some ideas while writing. So please bear with me ;)

Basically, if you go along with your training, and you're a good little slave (a reward-system based on points have been proposed), your captors will eventually acknowledge your adventuring skills (and the fact that you're the dragonborn?) and allow you to serve them in that capacity. They are after all smart enough to see that it will be more profitable than just keeping you as a sex slave. (They need some money to keep all the other slaves as well as paying the thugs they keep around for protection. And lets face it, slavery is a business, not just an opportunity to continually live out your ultimate sexual fantasies ;))

That you behave like a well-trained slave is of cause a precondition. You need to complete the quests the slavers supply you with (basically catching new stock, foiling the anti-slavery movement and taking a hand in training other slaves) and that you return now and then to put yourself at their mercy. That would entail a reminder (probably of a sexual nature) of the fact that you're still their property.

To ensure that you do, they keep you in bondage through some sort of magic (collar or similar) that provide them with some sort of inescapable control, communication and forces you to return at intervals.

As long as you comply with all that is required of you as a slave, you are allowed to go along with any other activities you want (completing other quests as long as they do not interfere with guild business). This could present a possibility to somehow (via a hard side quest) find a way to escape your "inescapable" bondage. Maybe via some contact with the anti-slavery movement that you encounter while doing the slavers bidding. (Nice way to join that side of the story line if you want.)

If you get this option and do not follow up on it, you could possibly prove to the guild that you are properly broken and trained, giving you the choice to serve as a "slave out of bondage" (- see my idea later in this post). This would mean that you basically forfeit the possibility to eventually buy your freedom (would not be something you want to do anyway).

You can eventually buy your freedom. This would of cause first require the privilege of owning property, then require you to earn money in some way, either from adventuring or possibly from being pimped out.

If you buy your freedom (optional) you get the offer to stay in the guild as a member. As a member you'll get to continue the guild quest line, part of which you've done while still a slave (?). Eventually you'll get the option to lead the guild. (As a former slave, this may not be a possibility?)

While a former slave (meaning you're female) but now member of the guild, getting some remarks from other guild members about your time there as a slave would be a nice touch ;) Stuff like "I remember when that cute ass of yours was strapped into this... good times, eh? Want to try it again, just for old times sake?"

A nice idea (that just came to me) is that you can somehow earn the position of a slave out of bondage... (basically when the slavers are convinced you are completely broken and will not possibly escape or act against them). The notion of convincing your masters of this is near impossible as it provides you to prove you WANT to be a slave. And you will not get the possibility to prove this, as you are constantly FORCED to be a slave. This effectively creates a catch 22 situation. To get out of it, you first need to figure out how to break out of your bondage and then return to your masters and inform them. This will provide you with a quest to find out how to perfect the bonds. This gives you the possibility of becoming the first (and only) slave out of bondage (the ultimate privilege for a slave). You'll still get a collar, but it's not magic any more ;) Your promise of servitude is now fully trusted.

This could provide the interesting option to effectively play as a slaver (and slave) all the way up to the top. Even becoming the leader of the slavers while still being the property of the Guild.

After all... leading the slavers to the best of your abilities could be the ultimate act of service, huh? Of cause, you would still be required to serve at least your immediate subordinates in any other capacity they require ;) You would basically be THE slave, and the guild (no specific person) would be your owner and master.

Come to think of it, this would probably be the best government of an organization like this. It would provide the perfect example of successful slavery, it would guarantee a fair and un-corrupted leadership and the means to keep the sub-leadership happy and efficient and possibly not contending for personal profits. The "leader" would make fair decisions for the best of the guild, not for the best of her personally.

This actually gives me another idea :)

When you play the game as an ordinary slaver and eventually get the option to lead the guild. As the guild leader if you have a slave that's properly trained you have the option to install her as leader in stead, and remain some kind of second-in-command. Giving you more time to attend your other duties as slaver and adventurer. This could be set up in a similar way as it would happen if you play a slave...

Once you are the guild master, you get to select a slave (maybe first capture one) that has the right qualities to be an adventurer, train her properly then send her out on quests. If she returns (she could of cause be killed if shes not skilled enough) she will after a while find out how to break her bonds and give you the information of how to perfect the bonds, thus creating the option of making her a slave out of bonds and someone you can promote as guild leader, letting you step down to being a second in command :)

Basically' date=' if you go along with your training, and you're a good little slave (a reward-system based on points have been proposed), your captors will eventually acknowledge your adventuring skills (and the fact that you're the dragonborn?) and allow you to serve them in that capacity. They are after all smart enough to see that it will be more profitable than just keeping you as a sex slave. (They need some money to keep all the other slaves as well as paying the thugs they keep around for protection. And lets face it, slavery is a business, not just an opportunity to continually live out your ultimate sexual fantasies ;))

[/quote']

Well, this is why I say "kind of". The idea was to have some interactions with the other slaves. There's going to be some jockeying for top slot among the other slaves. So there'd be two ways to play it. Either try and get along and basically let the other slaves boss you around, or you can try and dominate your fellow slaves. If you're in good standing as a slave and you show talent in making the livestock obey you, you might then be able to buy a chance to get out. Which would probably involve fighting for the right, similar to the fight to take over Secunda's Watch.

Even released, you'd still be pretty low in the guild pecking order. You'd need to watch your step pretty carefully until you build (or rebuilt) some rep with them.

This could provide the interesting option to effectively play as a slaver (and slave) all the way up to the top. Even becoming the leader of the slavers while still being the property of the Guild.

I can't see them accepting a slave of any kind as leader. I can see them giving you a handler as a follower and sending you out to adventure' date=' and from there it ought to be possible to get your handler to the top of the guild with you as his faithful slave bodyguard, but that's about as close as I can imagine it.

Once you are the guild master, you get to select a slave (maybe first capture one) that has the right qualities to be an adventurer, train her properly then send her out on quests. If she returns (she could of cause be killed if shes not skilled enough) she will after a while find out how to break her bonds and give you the information of how to perfect the bonds, thus creating the option of making her a slave out of bonds and someone you can promote as guild leader, letting you step down to being a second in command :)

I don't know how I'd resolve that one at all. Except for maybe generic quest missions which pretty much abstracted to getting regular dollops of cash, similar to sending out the pirate ship in the oblivion Thieves Den DLC. That said, I'm all in favour of training a fighting slave as a bodyguard and companion yourself. Just make sure she's really as loyal as she pretends, first ;)

Yeah. For a lot of people' date=' the whole point of a DTSG path is to get their characters enslaved against their will :)

[/quote']

Definitely. I'd like my PC thrown into slavery against his will. To keep the "slave" in slavery and not make it into some alternative career path or recreational occupation.

Glad things are starting to clear up for you IRL, I am very much looking forward to whatever you will come up with! :D

Doc, I'm glad to hear that, indeed, you're starting to feel better again and get things straightened out. RL always comes first, but we're all happy to hear that you're getting back into the swing of things.

Personally, I have a few different ways that my characters would play through this...and as a result, what I would REALLY be looking forward to in this mod:

1. Being able to become a slaver, work my way up from the bottom and eventually rule. I have a sneaky character already that has an amorous side and would love to have the opportunity to turn some women into nice little sex slaves. ((Someone mentioned Elisif... that would be... um... the absolute most awesome thing! :D ))

2. Secondly, being able to completely destroy the guild. I have a 'light sided' character that, if he found out about this, would be more likely to bash some skulls and rescue those girls than let it go on a moment longer...

3. I have a female character... I wouldn't mind having her get captured, even during the process of trying to kill the guild... as long as when she breaks out she can still kill them all. Perhaps have a 'slave uprising' sort of line.

That's just my two cents on the whole thing. I can tell you that I'm looking forward to it in whatever form.

Peace and well wishes!

A nice idea (that just came to me) is that you can somehow earn the position of a slave out of bondage... (basically when the slavers are convinced you are completely broken and will not possibly escape or act against them). The notion of convincing your masters of this is near impossible as it provides you to prove you WANT to be a slave. And you will not get the possibility to prove this' date=' as you are constantly FORCED to be a slave. This effectively creates a catch 22 situation. To get out of it, you first need to figure out how to break out of your bondage and then return to your masters and inform them. This will provide you with a quest to find out how to perfect the bonds. This gives you the possibility of becoming the first (and only) slave out of bondage (the ultimate privilege for a slave). You'll still get a collar, but it's not magic any more ;) Your promise of servitude is now fully trusted.

After all... leading the slavers to the best of your abilities could be the ultimate act of service, huh? Of cause, you would still be required to serve at least your immediate subordinates in any other capacity they require ;) You would basically be THE slave, and the guild (no specific person) would be your owner and master.

[/quote']

I always like the idea of getting used by your subordinates, but this would probably pose a bit of a problem of authority in practice. Though it might be fun to have events where this happens exceptionally, like that club quest where you're tricked into whoring with a male guild member around, or perhaps even something more long term if one subordinate is secretly blackmailing you.