Not sure if you can do anything about this, or if it would have to be xaz, but during the pillory events while imprisoned the player has both the ZaZ sounds and the gagged sounds.

What mod is that? Prison Overhaul? or which?

Oh yeah, I probably should've specified that... Yes, it's Prison Overhaul.

Well, I spent a couple head-scratching hours looking at that. I see what you mean. As far as I can tell, Prison Overhaul is using Sexlab for the sex scene, but not using it for the prisoner's sound effects. I can't quite pin down how they are triggering their own sounds, but, that's why they continue to play, even though I change the Sexlab voice. I think they must be using dialog to trigger sounds or something along that line.

Unfortunately, that means I have no way to stop their voice from playing. And I'm not sure there's any way I can tell that Prison Overhaul triggered the scene. So as of right now, I see no solution.

Well, I spent a couple head-scratching hours looking at that. I see what you mean. As far as I can tell, Prison Overhaul is using Sexlab for the sex scene, but not using it for the prisoner's sound effects. I can't quite pin down how they are triggering their own sounds, but, that's why they continue to play, even though I change the Sexlab voice. I think they must be using dialog to trigger sounds or something along that line.

Unfortunately, that means I have no way to stop their voice from playing. And I'm not sure there's any way I can tell that Prison Overhaul triggered the scene. So as of right now, I see no solution.

That's kind of what I figured, but thanks for trying anyways.

I'm continuing to work on this mod, As suggested, it will override as many default dialog options as possible, without hampering functionality.

So far for NPCs it will render most event triggered event dialogs as gag sounds if they are gagged, as well as standard followers will respond with gag sounds to commands issued to them.

For the player, many actions such as combat, etc will have grunting and other regular sounds replaced with gag sounds if you are gagged (and this is the case for NPCs which are gagged as well).  I'm also adding a MCM menu so some of these effects can be disabled if desired.

The drawback to doing this is, I will have to make ZaZAnimationPack and Devious Devices - Assets both required mods for this mod. But I don't think that should matter much, just about everyone has these two installed anyway if they are using this mod.

I'm still working out some details and fine tuning, but I hope to have this newer version released soon.

I've also been checking this mod against the new Sexlab Alpha, so i'll be ready for support when that finally releases. Some things change, but it appears I'll be able to keep this mod functional when it arrives.

That's kind of what I figured, but thanks for trying anyways.

good news. Prison Overhaul just released a new version, 0.26 which fixes the sound conflict, among other things. :)

I've made a quick alternative female gag sound set, feel free to use it :)

Quick question....will your mod pick up extra sound files automatically or am I limited to 9 sounds?

It will only pick up the max I have configured in the ESP file. I'm unclear if missing sound files will just be ignored, or not. If they were, I could configure in extra unused placeholders. I'll have to do some experimenting and see; if that's possible I will add more in the next version.  Thanks for the sounds. :)

Hrm. The mod does not seem to play gaged noises (or any at all realy) with gags in the new Devious Devices update. Still checking however, so dont take this to faith. 

The keyword that this mod uses to recognize DD's gags has not changed (Nor will it). I doubt that the 2.7 update altered this mod's functionality.

Hrm. The mod does not seem to play gagged noises (or any at all really) with gags in the new Devious Devices update. Still checking however, so don't take this to faith. 

The keyword that this mod uses to recognize DD's gags has not changed (Nor will it). I doubt that the 2.7 update altered this mod's functionality.

I'm going to look into a solution on my side, which is most likely just a clean install of GagSFX. Like I said, still checking.

I've not tried it with 2.7 yet, but I don't believe it should have any adverse effect. Best thing to try is resetting SexLab's Voice Registry, that will clear and freshly re-register the voices in case something has mucked up.

Next version I'm going to be adding a MCM menu with a reset option as well, but clearly it's not done yet. (soon, it's progressing).

I've not tried it with 2.7 yet, but I don't believe it should have any adverse effect. Best thing to try is resetting SexLab's Voice Registry, that will clear and freshly re-register the voices in case something has mucked up.

Next version I'm going to be adding a MCM menu with a reset option as well, but clearly it's not done yet. (soon, it's progressing).

Dah, dah, I'll give those a try before a re-install.

Still really glad this mod exists, keep working comrade!

When my character is gaged any NPC that gives me their random "welcoming phrase" is replaced by gag sound.

Well.. its me whos gaged not them so it is kinda strange ;)

Are you using Devious Devices - Gags+, by any chance? If so, I think it's your character that's making the sounds, not the NPC.

I installed Gags+ recently and one thing I noticed straight away (that I really like) is that when gagged my character makes noises when she gets within range of an NPC, as if she's desperately trying to beg for help. :P This plays instead of the NPC's normal greeting/comment. You can see the NPC's lips moving, but it's definitely my character that's making the sounds. I prefer that to just silence.

Not sure if this is what's happening with you, but thought I'd mention it in case.

Not sure if you can do anything about this, or if it would have to be xaz, but during the pillory events while imprisoned the player has both the ZaZ sounds and the gagged sounds.

What mod is that? Prison Overhaul? or which?

This should have been fixed in the v027 of the mod.

On another note, I too have been annoyed by this and this has been a planned feature for the next Zaz Animation Pack.

Nice to see someone fixing it. :)

It is exactly like you describe it. Prevously there was a separate dialogue playing the moaning and sounds. It's been fixed now.

It is exactly like you describe it. Prevously there was a separate dialogue playing the moaning and sounds. It's been fixed now.

Yes, I saw your update, was a welcome surprise. :)  Thanks.

Ok, I have released version 1.02. Here's the details:

- Now requires ZazAnimationPack and Devious Devices - Assets. Was the only way to integrate support into dialogs.

- Gags will now override dialogue when a NPC or Follower wears one. This can be configured on and off in sections via the new MCM menu.

- For Followers specifically, all dialog related to player commands are overridden. However, the commands will still be followed. (After all they can hear you just fine).

- This is for Generic voiced Followers that use the Standard Follower package. Custom Voiced Followers and/or followers that use custom packages, may not work. Details on conflicts and the like on the main page.

- For Serana from Dawnguard, I have created an additional ESP to handle her custom package specifically. Only install the Dawnguard ESP *with* the standard GagSFX.esp if you have Dawnguard and use Serana. I will create more custom ESPs for other custom followers as time and circumstance allows.

- Added a MCM menu that allows selective disabling of these dialog overrides. And a full reset of the mod in case of issues.

When my character is gaged any NPC that gives me their random "welcoming phrase" is replaced by gag sound.

Well.. its me whos gaged not them so it is kinda strange ;)

I think Mord Sif must be right about what you are seeing, because my mod doesn't override NPCs that way.

In fact until today's version it didn't interact with NPCs at all except during sex. Now though, if an NPC is wearing a gag, they will respond with gag sounds instead of "welcoming prhases" as they should. But you can turn this behavior off if you like via the MCM menu.

Hmm, with these extensions it might be almost a full replacement for Gags+ (except for the part about using writing materials to work around the gag).  But it sounds like this takes a more labor-intensive approach to the dialogue changes, like you had to specifically override a bunch of dialogue.  As I recall, Gags+ creates a single top-level blocking branch instead (blocking everything).

Hmm, with these extensions it might be almost a full replacement for Gags+ (except for the part about using writing materials to work around the gag).  But it sounds like this takes a more labor-intensive approach to the dialogue changes, like you had to specifically override a bunch of dialogue.  As I recall, Gags+ creates a single top-level blocking branch instead (blocking everything).

Gags + doesn't do what this mod does; they are completely different. 

Gags + is centered around blocking the Player's interaction with NPCs and followers. It stops Player speech.

This mod blocks the interaction of Followers and NPCs with the player. It stops NPC/Follower speech.

There's virtually no overlap at all. In fact they compliment each other in many respects.

Ah, I misunderstood which actors you were talking about!  Thanks for the clarification.  I had used both in my last play through, and agree that they complement each other, but was confused by the description of the new update.  Reading fail on my part, not your fault.

Thanks for the update, volfin. Just downloaded and can't wait to start gagging some followers :D

Also, hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but the original post still says:

"The mod looks for an attachment featuring the gag keywords from either ZaZAnimationPack (zbfWornGag) or from Devious Devices (zad_DeviousGag). Note that neither of these mods is required, but without at least one or the other, you're not going to have much fun out of this mod.  :)"