File Name: HDT Autopilot Tools for 3ds

File Submitter: necKros

File Submitted: 17 Feb 2014

File Category: HDT Physics Extension

Requires: Havok Content Tools (latest version), 3ds Max

HDT Autopilot

Version 1.0

What is it?

It's a 3ds max script that aims to cut time and pain in the creation of constrained rigidbody systems for the SKSE HDT Plugin. Through its GUI it will help the user create and edit bone and RB chains from sets of default max bones.

What?

It's a modders resource for helping to create dynamic hair and other stuff for Skyrim with the help of the HDT Plugin.

What do I need?

3ds Max and the latest Havok Content tools for max. The script was developed in max 2012 so compatibility with that version is 100% guaranteed. I'm pretty new to Maxscript but I don't think I've used any function that wasn't available in the latest versions or deprecated in the newest ones.

Take a loot at the GUI:

NjJ9M9O.jpg

And watch this video demonstration/tutorial (please excuse my awkward and choppy narration and english)

Notes:

• Constraint spaces will be aligned with the nub bone pivot in BOTH translation and rotation. This is an issue than I'm still looking at because the way the constraint space object works isn't very intuitive.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/17/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Havok Content Tools (latest version), 3ds Max
  • Special Edition Compatible

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/20/2015 at 5:30 PM, Graviczapa said:

Hi)

When I press the "create" button in the "Create Nub and RB Chain", then the error appears. Error: -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined.

What can it be? 3ds max 2012 x64.

Did you find a solution? 5 years later i'll assume that you did, maybe..

• 1 month later...

It is also relevant to this time especially with the advent of CBPC - CBP Physics. All you need to do is align the pylons with the standard 3ds Max coordinates and use spheres. Obtained .xml to open in hdtHavokModifier "Just For Fun" (JFF) v4 v4 and transfer data to CBPCollisionConfig. And believe it much faster than other ways.

I'm adding a configuration file

HavokPcXsContentTools

HDT.HKO