Chuckle,  I have so many requests I have a hard time keeping track of them all :D

Skeevers, Netch, Canine, Spriggans, more werewolf, Horses, and even human ones. 

My poor brain is gonna esplode from it all . . . . lol

We all look forward for GangBang animations with this lovely creatures who can not wait to get in.. action! :D

4e2f9c47ab4af1e7372517452a6290e1-d4gvvz8

Flying-Skeever.jpg

Has anyone actually made "parts" for the skeever yet ?

Chuckle,  I have so many requests I have a hard time keeping track of them all :D

We all look forward for GangBang animations with this lovely creatures who can not wait to get in.. action! :D

Flying-Skeever.jpg

Boy parts, yes (2). Girl parts? Not that I know of (not really looking out for it).

Flying-Skeever.jpg

Are ready in two version..  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32953-more-nasty-critters/?p=835902  ^_^

Okay, time to pick your brains a bit :D

I'm not sure how much you all know about the animation export process, but I'm stumped so here we go. . . . .

When animating tails ( eg: Khajiit / Argonian ) we use any of the skeletons that have the tail bones within them.  XP32's .nif files do, the skeletonbeast_xxx.nif files do, etc. etc.  I will import one of those skeletons into Max and animate the tail.  No problem. 

The issue I've run into is this:

I've built an animation which has the tail movement animated built upon an XP32 skeleton.  When I exported it, the main actor performs as expected, but the tail has no movement to it.  Some further digging into the skeleton.hkx files only puzzles me even more.  The tail bones are not in there.  In fact, I can't find the tail bones in any skeleton file I've looked at so far. 

Since the export via the .nif exporter or Havok is building the motion data against the skeleton.hkx files for any particular character, how in the flying hell do the tails get any motion data if the bones / nodes aren't even IN the skeleton files to begin with ?  In other words, what crazy ass magic is at work to animate the tails at all ?

Extremely amazing animations!

Questions...

Why do people want skeevers? I don't get that... to each their own of course... but cmon... skeevers out of all the creatures in skyrim? Would be nice to see sex animation designed for female giants... or some new creatures with their own lore. Estrus chaurus style. Maybe a race of all female elves that pursue strong men for a mating ritual. Only the elite woman of their tribe get mating rights after proving themselves. Stuff like that... anyway that's just my two cents. 

Guest Xandero

Okay, time to pick your brains a bit  :D

I'm not sure how much you all know about the animation export process, but I'm stumped so here we go. . . . .

When animating tails ( eg: Khajiit / Argonian ) we use any of the skeletons that have the tail bones within them.  XP32's .nif files do, the skeletonbeast_xxx.nif files do, etc. etc.  I will import one of those skeletons into Max and animate the tail.  No problem. 

I've built an animation which has the tail movement animated built upon an XP32 skeleton.  When I exported it, the main actor performs as expected, but the tail has no movement to it.  Some further digging into the skeleton.hkx files only puzzles me even more.  The tail bones are not in there.  In fact, I can't find the tail bones in any skeleton file I've looked at so far. 

Since the export via the .nif exporter or Havok is building the motion data against the skeleton.hkx files for any particular character, how in the flying hell do the tails get any motion data if the bones / nodes aren't even IN the skeleton files to begin with ?  In other words, what crazy ass magic is at work to animate the tails at all ?

Maybe I misunderstood the question (because my English very bad). But I was faced with something like this: 
I imported the animation from Skyrim (which we used for the labels "start" and "end") which does not have the keys for the right leg (it remained in the "standart" position). I then imposed its animation and like everything was normal - leg move.But after conversion I checked  created animation - right leg became In "standard" position (was sticking straight and angled, though i I turned the knee). I spent a lot of time tinkering with it, but it didnt help. Then I just deleted all hell (apart . xaf files) and re-extracted all (but the animation from Skyrim is another which was animated right leg) after conversion I checked - Praise be to Allah, it worked as it should(knee was turned). So I think you need to find an animation that already animated tail and use it to mark the "start" and "end".

Extremely amazing animations!

Questions...

Why do people want skeevers? I don't get that... to each their own of course... but cmon... skeevers out of all the creatures in skyrim? Would be nice to see sex animation designed for female giants... or some new creatures with their own lore. Estrus chaurus style. Maybe a race of all female elves that pursue strong men for a mating ritual. Only the elite woman of their tribe get mating rights after proving themselves. Stuff like that... anyway that's just my two cents. 

Why on earth creatures that arent even in the official game? I mean... there are a lot of creatures in the vanilla game that have not a single SL animation to them, why waste time on creatures in addons that only a few people even use?

You should ask Panic.

You should ask Panic.

Umm.. Im not so sure this can be solved that easyly. Panic released his new Doganimations with a Tail-overwork. However I couldnt get tails working correctly in those animations, yet. No matter which skeletons I used. 

Maybe the problem Dayelyte encountered is more profound, indeed...

Thats Skyrim after all. Just spent hours trying to bring Dragons into Nude Creatures/Hentai Creatures and the things I encountered there can only be explained by Crack. Or weed. Or whatever the devs took....

Just a thought, but maybe because tails are controlled by:  data / meshes / auxbones / tail / TailProject.hkx  

Probably need to dup the animation into that .hkx with fnis for modders, and hope you don't need it re-exported from max with just the tail data.

I'm sure I've mentioned that before, so I might be completely wrong.

You should ask Panic.

Before posting this here, I already shot Panic a PM :D     Waiting on a reply. FIgured I would ask you all in the interim.

You should ask Panic.

Umm.. Im not so sure this can be solved that easyly. Panic released his new Doganimations with a Tail-overwork. However I couldnt get tails working correctly in those animations, yet. No matter which skeletons I used. 

Maybe the problem Dayelyte encountered is more profound, indeed...

Thats Skyrim after all. Just spent hours trying to bring Dragons into Nude Creatures/Hentai Creatures and the things I encountered there can only be explained by Crack. Or weed. Or whatever the devs took....

This is what worried me.  I was unsure if the new tail animations were game engine tested yet or not.  Can anyone confirm if the new tail animations are operational in game ?

Just a thought, but maybe because tails are controlled by:  data / meshes / auxbones / tail / TailProject.hkx  

Probably need to dup the animation into that .hkx with fnis for modders, and hope you don't need it re-exported from max with just the tail data.

I'm sure I've mentioned that before, so I might be completely wrong.

Now see, proof positive you just know way too much about the inner workings of this thing :D     If you've mentioned it before, then you can blame it on my memory going on me . . . lol

Let me go take a look at that.  They got the damned things animated somehow,  just need to figure out how they did it.

*edit*

Ahhhhh . . . there's my skeleton file.  ( Thank you Cyndi ) meshes/auxbones/tail/character assets/tailskeleton.hkx

Looking at this though, they created the tail animations separate from the main ones.  This means they are somehow calling these animations from the mains as needed.  Time to go digging through the dope sheets as that's my best guess about how they're being triggered / called.

**snip**

Now see, proof positive you just know way too much about the inner workings of this thing :D     If you've mentioned it before, then you can blame it on my memory going on me . . . lol

Let me go take a look at that.  They got the damned things animated somehow,  just need to figure out how they did it.

*edit*

Ahhhhh . . . there's my skeleton file.  ( Thank you Cyndi ) meshes/auxbones/tail/character assets/tailskeleton.hkx

Looking at this though, they created the tail animations separate from the main ones.  This means they are somehow calling these animations from the mains as needed.  Time to go digging through the dope sheets as that's my best guess about how they're being triggered / called.

I only know that, because the first real mod I ever made was a tail mod, and you need a BGED ref block in the mesh nif to tell the tail to use tail bone behaviors.

Don't blame your memory though, I think it was panic's thread I posted about that in, it was A LONG time ago anyway.

edit: ... thinking about it, it's probably that BSBehaviorGraphExtraData block in the tail that tells the game whether it needs the animations to play or not. They (the tail animations) probably need to have the same name as the animation they are supposed to play with. Inferring that from how the uskp fixed the weird twist on the tail when sneak forwards vs backwards.

I only know that, because the first real mod I ever made was a tail mod, and you need a BGED ref block in the mesh nif to tell the tail to use tail bone behaviors.

Don't blame your memory though, I think it was panic's thread I posted about that in, it was A LONG time ago anyway.

edit: ... thinking about it, it's probably that BSBehaviorGraphExtraData block in the tail that tells the game whether it needs the animations to play or not. They (the tail animations) probably need to have the same name as the animation they are supposed to play with. Inferring that from how the uskp fixed the weird twist on the tail when sneak forwards vs backwards.

Think you're onto it here.  Seems the animations in the tail directory have the exact same naming convention as the primary ones. So I'm going to try the easy route ( knowing it's likely going to fail in epic fashion, but going to try it all the same :D ) by exporting a tail animation out by itself, naming it to match and watch what, if anything, happens.

Since this is a vanilla folder with vanilla animations, there isn't an FNIS file to update, so the odds of this working are about a billion to one, but going to try it anway. 

Maybe I misunderstood the question (because my English very bad). But I was faced with something like this: 
I imported the animation from Skyrim (which we used for the labels "start" and "end") which does not have the keys for the right leg (it remained in the "standart" position). I then imposed its animation and like everything was normal - leg move.But after conversion I checked  created animation - right leg became In "standard" position (was sticking straight and angled, though i I turned the knee). I spent a lot of time tinkering with it, but it didnt help. Then I just deleted all hell (apart . xaf files) and re-extracted all (but the animation from Skyrim is another which was animated right leg) after conversion I checked - Praise be to Allah, it worked as it should(knee was turned). So I think you need to find an animation that already animated tail and use it to mark the "start" and "end".

Xan:  Of interest to you since you're starting to do your own animations.  When I exported via the Havok Tool I didn't need to run it through the FBX conversion process nor the .Xaf.  Havok took the animation as it existed and did all the conversions on its own, IK setups and all.   I didn't load in a vanilla animation as a template nor did I modify the dope sheet  start / end parameters either. 

If it's working as I suspect it is, it will save us a LOT of time converting this stuff over to Havok files.   Might experiment with it a bit and see what you think. 

Think you're onto it here.  Seems the animations in the tail directory have the exact same naming convention as the primary ones. So I'm going to try the easy route ( knowing it's likely going to fail in epic fashion, but going to try it all the same :D ) by exporting a tail animation out by itself, naming it to match and watch what, if anything, happens.

Since this is a vanilla folder with vanilla animations, there isn't an FNIS file to update, so the odds of this working are about a billion to one, but going to try it anway. 

There is so a fnis thingy.

You just have to make folders, and a list for fnis to read.

Right after I typed that in, I found the FNIS_ZOO entry in there and came to the same conclusion. 

So, based on that I:

Exported the main animation out using the Havok Exporter.  Named it. Placed it into the meshes/actors/character/animations/SexLabCreature folder

Exported out just the tail bones using the Havok Exporter. Named it the same.  Placed it into the meshes/auxbones/tail/animations/SexLabCreature folder

Created the FNIS animation list file for the tail folder.  Updated the FNIS animation list for the main character folder.

Ran the FNIS modders app to build the behavior files, then ran the FNIS users app. 

FIred up the game, triggered the animation and . . . . .

Be damned if the animation didn't *almost* ( see below two posts ) play as it should :D  *cheers*

On that note, I'll PM Panic and let him know that the tail animations need to be exported separately from the mains.  I don't know if the .nif exporter will work ( I suspect it will if you feed it the tailskeleton.hkx file, but I didn't test it that way so I can't be 100% positive on that )

To clarify for the other animators out there:

1)  Tail animations need to be exported out to a separate .hkx file and named the same as your primary animation.

In other words, you'll have TWO .hkx files that need to be exported if you want the tails to work. 

One of them will go into the actors / critters folder, the other will go into meshes/auxbones/tails/animations/modfolder. So as an example:

meshes

actors

character

animations

SexLabCreature ( or whatever mod you're using )

yourprimaryanimationfile.hkx

meshes

auxbones

tail

animations

SexLabCreature ( or whatever mod you're using )

yourtailanimationfile.hkx

2)  You'll need to create / update the FNIS animation list file in both folders.  Run FNIS for modders on both, then the usual FNIS for users to get it game ready. 

At this point you should be able to test them in game.

Seems I celebrated too early. 

Closer inspection of the tail in game shows the attach point of the root of the tail to the main body mesh to drop about a foot when the animation starts. So once the animation fires, it looks like the tail is attached to the actors genetalia :|

Modifying the bone positioning on the skeleton within Max does nothing as the root of the tail has weight maps to other bones on the skeleton. 

Swear if it isn't one thing, it's a dozen others . . . .

Duct tape

\o/

If that doesn't work there's always the offset settings, but I wonder if the "even actor heights" thing might come into play a bit.

I tested that, and it made no difference.  What did help it somewhat were some non-default option settings within the Havok exporter itself.  I'm attaching a .pdf file of the Havok settings I used.

The tail is a biped object (iirc) so it should scale with the body right at the position it is located ... i hope.

Hahahaha.  If I've learned anything about Bethesda and / or Skyrim, it's don't try to apply logic to what they did :D

Skyrim Tails with Havok.pdf

Flying-Skeever.jpg

Boy parts, yes (2). Girl parts? Not that I know of (not really looking out for it).

Oh nice i cant wait for an animation with it :)  hopefully it is part of nude creatures that works for me since a lot of it doesnt work right even after reinstalling it lots of times.