New ILS & CTD Fix

cornbreadtm

I can't get to that other topic for some reason, has it been locked or something?

I've been running this patch all day and I think it's a revelation, especially for those of us gaming on rigs that have seen better days. It's like Safety Load but with a fuel injection. My game is genuinely significantly smoother with it than without, no question. And no load issues so far so it's looking like I might be able to stop using Safety Load for good. I've even found the guts to up my u-grids to 7 and my crappy old rig didn't seem to give a shit. 

Very much worth a try out. Maybe look in here for a way to get it up and running without having to do any major Matrixy shenanigans like compiling code...

Yes it got deleted because there was a "universal" version of this that MIGHT have worked on pirated copies of Skyrim. However, The person who posted it made it clear he wasn't 100% sure that it would work with one.

which is funny as every version that is being compiled is modifying skse which in itself something that works on pirate copies when this patch has shown they choose not to include the lines need to force steam use

if anything next skse version should force steam use just to break all the pirates games XD

it should be noted that non steam versions are closer to skse then the ones that force steam

but tesv.exe and skyrimlauncer.exe still require steam regardless of your skse loader choice

who knows maybe the skse team knows something we dont and choose not to require steam and link directly into tesv.exe for a important reason or it was just redundant

Since there are no more official updates for Skyrim SKSE 1.06.16 will likely be the last version.

Well, the DLCs are over, the game won't probably be patched anymore, and it's pretty old, too.  I'd have dropped scripting a long time ago so I can't blame them for stopping xP

I downloaded the "pre-compiled skse_steam_loader.dll" from this site (http://enbdev.com/ctdfix2.html)

Copied the files in the right folder, added the  

[NotPlacebo]

GiveFirstBornToSheson=1

to the SKSE.ini but for some reason it seems not to work.

As you probably read yourself he wrote..

In order to verify that the patch is working correctly, go to your Skyrim folder located under My Documents and locate the SKSE folder. Folder path --> Documents\my games\Skyrim\SKSE. Open up the "skse_steam_loader" text document and inside you should find a little message near the bottom saying "Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory". This will let you know that the patch is correctly implemented and everything works as it should.

But i can't find the "Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory"  in my skse_steam_loader file. :/

So what did i wrong? Any idea?

Since there are no more official updates for Skyrim SKSE 1.06.16 will likely be the last version.

Don't worry more updates to the SKSE are in the works. The updates are looking very impressive from what I read. Though I do not have any information on when it will be finished and released, I'm not part of the team.

I downloaded the "pre-compiled skse_steam_loader.dll" from this site (http://enbdev.com/ctdfix2.html)

Copied the files in the right folder, added the  

[NotPlacebo]

GiveFirstBornToSheson=1

to the SKSE.ini but for some reason it seems not to work.

As you probably read yourself he wrote..

In order to verify that the patch is working correctly, go to your Skyrim folder located under My Documents and locate the SKSE folder. Folder path --> Documents\my games\Skyrim\SKSE. Open up the "skse_steam_loader" text document and inside you should find a little message near the bottom saying "Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory". This will let you know that the patch is correctly implemented and everything works as it should.

But i can't find the "Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory"  in my skse_steam_loader file. :/

So what did i wrong? Any idea?

Use the patch I posted. You should see "Sheson still took your first born in exchange for more memory, even though you're running Steam version." >.>'

I'll post the version of the patch that I have in the first post. You need steam in order to use it. If your not using the steam version of Skyrim, please ask for assistance in a different thread.

or judging by the demise of the last thread, not anywhere on LL to be honest.

I had this problem but it's because I'm using Neovalen's own compiled version and it requires a different entry in the ini to launch it.If the ini is correct and the dll placed correctly in the main skyrim folder I can't think of what else would stop it working besides the steam launcher, or SKSE not working. 

Incidentally, over on Nexus they'll ban you for even mentioning the word, it's one of their many fundamental laws. Is that why there are so few pirate themed mods?

edit: Not already running Safety Load I take it? If it's own ini file were still in the plugins folder that might well bugger things up.

I'll post the version of the patch that I have in the first post. You need steam in order to use it. If your not using the steam version of Skyrim, please ask for assistance in a different thread.

or judging by the demise of the last thread, not anywhere on LL to be honest.

I had this problem but it's because I'm using Neovalen's own compiled version and it requires a different entry in the ini to launch it. Other than the lines in the ini and the dll being in the main skyrim folder I can't think of what else would stop it working besides the steam launcher, or SKSE not working. 

Incidentally, over on Nexus they'll ban you for even mentioning the word, it's one of their many fundamental laws. Is that why there are so few pirate themed mods?

True, and rightly so. Some of us like it when developers consider making more games since they gained a profit from its predecessor.

Digressing: I did enjoy the Pirates of the Pacific mod on the nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29443/?

Digressing more: I think the pirate to ninja ratio is way off in general when it comes to Skyrim mods...

Resisting the urge to talk about piracy (other than saying I gotta check that Pirates of the Pacific mod! It looks awesome!) I gotta say this fix is great! It turned my 'crash every 10 minutes / ILS every second load' heavily modded game to something seemingly perfectly stable. I had some rare crashes at 512/256, but I changed it to 768/512 (768/256 crashed on startup) and everything works great.

If anyone finds the info usefull:

8 Gbs of RAM

I did install stable uGrids

I do have ENBoost

Honestly I think more people would be less inclined to pirate and more inclined to give Bes money if they could actually make a game that was stable and didn't have nine hundred & ninety nine Trillion bugs in it that they only fix less then a third of leaving the rest to be fixed by the modders or fix one bug while breaking something else in the process that they never fix. <_<

Honestly I think more people would be less inclined to pirate and more inclined to give Bes money if they could actually make a game that was stable and didn't have nine hundred & ninety nine Trillion bugs in it that they only fix less then a third of leaving the rest to be fixed by the modders or fix one bug while breaking something else in the process that they never fix. <_<

Name a game with as much content, with less bugs... :/

Not really since even if the game was cheap they would still pirate it because they are cheapskates.

Starcraft was very stable so saying people would pirate less because the game has no problems at all is just bullshit.

So far Starcraft was pirated more then skyrim.

That is bit of a though one. Games like Skyrim are rare. There are others like the Witcher but they are totally different.

Guest Xxxxxxxx4688

Minesweeper.

All the content that makes Skyrim worth sticking to is pretty much mod content anyways.

Would have dropped this ages ago if it wasn't so.

Minesweeper.

All the content that makes Skyrim worth sticking to is pretty much mod content anyways.

Kinda horrifying how that is basically true once you realize there's not much to Skyrim either from roleplay perspective, graphics or difficulty.  But then, even Daggerfall, which I still consider as the best of TES, needed Andyfall to boost it a bit, why would the recent TES games be any different :P

Minesweeper.

Okay Nail.

You do realize that it's the amount of moddable content that makes a game last long in modding communities right? The tools given and used, the resources.

But this is completely off topic, so... yeah.. lets drop it.

Not really since even if the game was cheap they would still pirate it because they are cheapskates.

Starcraft was very stable so saying people would pirate less because the game has no problems at all is just bullshit.

So far Starcraft was pirated more then skyrim.

Depends on the type of pirate.  There are also the trial pirates, but is that discussion even relevant? :P

Guest Xxxxxxxx4688

Minesweeper.

Okay Nail.

You do realize that it's the amount of moddable content that makes a game last long in modding communities right? The tools given and used, the resources.

So more bugs to fix = Better, more lasting game?

45103513.jpg

But yeah, let's drop this. :D

Minesweeper.

Okay Nail.

So more bugs to fix = Better, more lasting game?

45103513.jpg

Well in my experience yeah... Kotor 2 just got finished like a year ago lol not bugs the actual game....

Oblivion and the Fallouts are still getting updates to their bug fixes.

8 years from now SKyrim will be 92% bug free and we'll be having this same conversation about TES6... *cough* Blackmarsh *cough* *knocks on wood*

Archived