New ILS & CTD Fix

cornbreadtm

Just to make it clear.

I bought Skyrim Retail at Amazon and activated it at Steam.

Anyway..

Do i need to deinstall Safety Load to get this Mod to work? :o

/Edit - Nevermind.. should have read the first post...

Why do we need the patch? Every legal version of Skyrim runs through Steam or am i wrong?

Honestly I think more people would be less inclined to pirate and more inclined to give Bes money if they could actually make a game that was stable and didn't have nine hundred & ninety nine Trillion bugs in it that they only fix less then a third of leaving the rest to be fixed by the modders or fix one bug while breaking something else in the process that they never fix. <_<

Name a game with as much content, with less bugs... :/

Neverwinter Nights (multiplayer assets)

Civilization IV (take a look at the Fall From Heaven mod)

Mount & Blade (Floris modpack for instance)

Any MMO, actually

The truth is that most people play Skyrim (or rather Bethesda games) because the experience it offers is unique. But it does not mean it is well executed. It is not. It was poorly programmed and poorly optimized.

I think Beth/Valve should be happy it's still getting a decent revenue stream from a game that would have long since died a natural death if not for modders. How often do you hear a console gamer talking about Skyrim? To them it's little more than a beer mat, can't even get a decent part-ex for it. The CK makes blindingly good business sense, just develop a game for consoles, tack the CK on the PC version and sit back while very talented people you don't have to pay totally fix your game. 

Back on topic, I urge everybody to give this patch a try, it's proper black magic so it is.  

Thanks Cornbreadtm for your pre-made patch.

Yet here is what I find in skse.log :

"checking plugin E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\mempatch.dll
plugin E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\mempatch.dll does not appear to be an SKSE plugin"

Therefore It seems it is not loaded. Is it right ?

Honestly I think more people would be less inclined to pirate and more inclined to give Bes money if they could actually make a game that was stable and didn't have nine hundred & ninety nine Trillion bugs in it that they only fix less then a third of leaving the rest to be fixed by the modders or fix one bug while breaking something else in the process that they never fix. <_<

Not really since even if the game was cheap they would still pirate it because they are cheapskates.

Starcraft was very stable so saying people would pirate less because the game has no problems at all is just bullshit.

So far Starcraft was pirated more then skyrim.

Depends on the type of pirate.  There are also the trial pirates, but is that discussion even relevant? :P

That's fairly true and I can see where they are coming from with the "Trial Pirating". If a game looks good but has mixed reviews you have three options, buy it and live with it if the game sucks, Don't buy it and maybe miss out on a good game, or use a pirated copy to try out the game. with the trial method if you like the game you can then buy it but if the game totally sucks ass you are not out any money or have to deal with the BS of trying to get a refund that they may deny anyway.

After My experience with ME3 I can see that method as useful (NOT RECOMMENDING IT) would have saved me $80 plus the cost of all the DLCs.

I think Beth/Valve should be happy it's still getting a decent revenue stream from a game that would have long since died a natural death if not for modders. How often do you hear a console gamer talking about Skyrim? To them it's little more than a beer mat, can't even get a decent part-ex for it. The CK makes blindingly good business sense, just develop a game for consoles, tack the CK on the PC version and sit back while very talented people you don't have to pay totally fix your game. 

Back on topic, I urge everybody to give this patch a try, it's proper black magic so it is.  

No truer words have ever been spoken........errr typed :P I think at this stage in the game when Bes themselves have completely stopped working on Skyrim they should be lucky to be getting any Sales at all.

On Topic: I haven't had much time to play with it but so far it seems to be working.

I have a retail version intalled but in skyrim/data/skse directory i don't have an skse.ini file so as to add 

[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
MemBlock1=512
MemBlock2=256
Should i create a text file,rename it as skse.ini and add the lines?Thanks!

I have a retail version intalled but in skyrim/data/skse directory i don't have an skse.ini file so as to add 

[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
MemBlock1=512
MemBlock2=256
Should i create a text file,rename it as skse.ini and add the lines?Thanks!

Just unzip this into your SKSE folder. it also has the settings for the high res textures on tattoos so if you don't use high res tats you might want to remove that from the file or else the vanilla tats will look like shit..

SKSE.rar

"checking plugin E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\mempatch.dll

plugin E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\mempatch.dll does not appear to be an SKSE plugin"

No, that's ok. SKSE finds the mampatch.dll in the plugins folder, checks if it's a plugin and skips it because it's not. Check mempatch.log if the patch is running.

Or, better, use VMmap to find out. VMMap

To check: While Skyrim is running, launch VMmap and select TESV.exe process. Select "Private Data" in the upper table, the lower one turns all yellow at this point. Then you sort the lower one by size and look at the size of the two largest records. If the patch works, their size will match the settings in your skse.ini.

I didn't put that together. Uriel did. Thank him.

And no. Just plugin in per the instructions and play. Don't confuse yourself....

Use the other package on the next page or so (page 13), called skse+mempatch+steampatch.rar hosted on dropbox

You won't have to deal with skse thinking mempatch.dll is a skse plugin.

What the diff between this universal DL and the one from nexus ? Since there is one more .dll in the universal, im not sure with one install ?

The universal patch by either Uriel or someone else include support for both Steam and non-Steam installations. They both do the same thing, using the same mempatch.dll create by someone else. The one made by someone else includes the SKSE.ini file you need to activate the patch though, while Uriel's doesn't.

Just a Thought: Using this patch doesn't mean that anyone should freely throw months or even years of careful modding practices and common sense out of the window, such as texture optimization or picking the right mods that are really important to your gameplay or mod cleaning with TES5edit.

Just a Thought: Using this patch doesn't mean that anyone should freely throw months or even years of careful modding practices and common sense out of the window, such as texture optimization or picking the right mods that are really important to your gameplay or mod cleaning with TES5edit.

this.

The universal patch by either Uriel or someone else include support for both Steam and non-Steam installations. They both do the same thing, using the same mempatch.dll create by someone else. The one made by someone else includes the SKSE.ini file you need to activate the patch though, while Uriel's doesn't.

That someone else is a gent and a scholar -  be sure to tell then won't you tase ;)

Well said. I still have some performance issues, I'm sailing really close to the wind with my geriatric rig and everything I throw at the poor old girl. If I didn't continue to carefully maintain my mods as you say, not even a miracle patch like this one would keep my wheels turning. 

It has enabled me to run Immersive Patrols again which has been off the menu despite how much I love it 'cos  it caused some spectacular hitches whenever a patrol happened to be in a cell.  It's fixed that which is truly wonderful, but I'm guessing if I added Immersive Creatures wheezy old Bertha (my pc) would crap her knickers again.

So yeah, Sheson's definitely working some magic, but he's not the Messiah (he's a very naughty boy!). 

life_of_brian.jpg

Does installing this patch on a really old rig is a good idea ? My Cg is a radeon 4850 512mo. My other spec are core duo E8400 @3,6ghz 4go ddr2 ram on a 64 bits win7.

The patch will work as long as you have 4gb of memory and Win7/64.

BTW, someone has come up with a version that looks like a DX9 wrapper, but it keeps your SKSE files intact. However for some this scheme doesn't work.

Archived