New ILS & CTD Fix

cornbreadtm

Does installing this patch on a really old rig is a good idea ? My Cg is a radeon 4850 512mo. My other spec are core duo E8400 @3,6ghz 4go ddr2 ram on a 64 bits win7.

I have 24Gb ram myself, but people with 4gb ram were reporting less crashes and smoother gameplay too. Try it.

Does installing this patch on a really old rig is a good idea ? My Cg is a radeon 4850 512mo. My other spec are core duo E8400 @3,6ghz 4go ddr2 ram on a 64 bits win7.

I have 24Gb ram myself, but people with 4gb ram were reporting less crashes and smoother gameplay too. Try it.

I am running 4gb of RAM. I installed it and it seem that with the the memblock usage postage in the OP I am running a LOT smoother with less stutter than usual. But I did just have to reinstall and I've added Reduced Vanilla Textures, used TES5Edit, switched to MO and ran the texture optimizer, too. So it's hard for me to say which made the most difference. :lol: But at any rate I'm glad I have a smooth, playable game on this ol' laptop.

Just one thing to consider if the PC only has 4gb: before playing make sure that any unnecessary programs are shut down, including utilities in the System Tray and unwanted Windows services; this will give you more memory and processor time for Skyrim to work with.

Just one thing to consider if the PC only has 4gb: before playing make sure that any unnecessary programs are shut down, including utilities in the System Tray and unwanted Windows services; this will give you more memory and processor time for Skyrim to work with.

Good advice.

I've taken it to the point where I set my Win7 to look and run like WinXP (in it's maximum performance mode) and have all unnecessary programs and services shut down. I've also changed how much of my HDD is used for V-RAM and have two flash drives set up for Ready Boost.

You can also use Razer Game Booster to shut down unneeded apps and services as well if you don't want to set the machine up like that yourself (but I figure that running is resources, too).

If I don't go these extremes this laptop has a Hell of a time trying to run Skyrim. :lol:

That's absolutely the same thing, just implemented differently. The ini has the same settings too, they are just presented in a more technical way. Read the commentaries in the ini to tune block sizes.

The difference is that SSME does not alter SKSE's files and provides full support for any kind of future fixes if any will be discovered. With this, you just get an info on fix, add it into the mmse.ini, patch is ready for use.

^

I tried it out and this time never had a crash despite running through several cells, and at one point, botched a quest and had to redo it all over again by reloading the autosave, and finished the quest with success.

However, because SSME mimics a DX9 DLL and thus making the antivirus -- including Avira Free -- flag it as a false positive, the file should be added to the exceptions list, both scanning and active protection.

(offtopic) Don't knock on Avira -- it's the only one that's lightweight and isn't bloatware -- and with some people in the house somewhat careless with their portable USB storage, always have to keep the condom on. Most of the big-brand antiviruses that used to be tops are now nothing more but memory hogs.

AV's are crap this days. :angry:

:@ WASH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH BEFORE YOU TALK SOMETHING ABOUT Nod and KAV/KIS :@

Yeah, this pair is among the crappest. Thanks.

I have had the nexus ssme version installed for two days now and have had zero problems with nod32 whatsoever!Just saying!

I have to say I rather like this patch/ SSME, but I am still held back by the limitations of my system a bit. Overall, It eliminated/extremely reduced stuttering from my game + ENB so I can actually hit maybe 52-57 fps and it FEEL like that amount outside (of course with sky lighting, DOF, Ambient Occlusion and Sun rays off. Sorry, I dont' run a super computer, just an AMD 8-core + crappy 660ti). I havent had any crashes in my Requiem setup outside when I do stupid things such as changing the load order. I still plan on running with most textures and such at 1k, But I may consider grabbing Immersive patrols / Sands of Time in the future and trying it out with this profile. See how stable it is with one of those running along with the other 159 Mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.

Couldn't this be adapted for another game say like Fallout New Vegas? It suffers even more from lack of memory.

Isn't that what the 4gb patch is for? To cut back on memory related stutter?

I do know that FONV isn't nearly as stable of a game as Skyrim is. And it's harder to run even with ancient looking graphics.

I have to say I rather like this patch/ SSME, but I am still held back by the limitations of my system a bit. Overall, It eliminated/extremely reduced stuttering from my game + ENB so I can actually hit maybe 52-57 fps and it FEEL like that amount outside (of course with sky lighting, DOF, Ambient Occlusion and Sun rays off. Sorry, I dont' run a super computer, just an AMD 8-core + crappy 660ti). I havent had any crashes in my Requiem setup outside when I do stupid things such as changing the load order. I still plan on running with most textures and such at 1k, But I may consider grabbing Immersive patrols / Sands of Time in the future and trying it out with this profile. See how stable it is with one of those running along with the other 159 Mods.

Sounds like I have more or less the same rig as you. I run 180 odd plugins, most of which are textures (1k optimised), gameplay tweaks and fixes and very few script heavy mods. With SSME my game is more stable and infinite loads aren't an issue. Reasons to be cheerful.

But it seems stuff like Immersive Patrols and Obis is still out of my reach because it gets really choppy in any cells with them in it. I could always reduve the number of texture mods, but I guess in a toss up I prize visual fidelity over some mob diversity and livelier roads and forts. Be interested to know how you get one with them.  

Hmm.

Couldn't this be adapted for another game say like Fallout New Vegas? It suffers even more from lack of memory.

Isn't that what the 4gb patch is for? To cut back on memory related stutter?

I do know that FONV isn't nearly as stable of a game as Skyrim is. And it's harder to run even with ancient looking graphics.

No, That just raises the memory limit of 2GB to 4GB. It doesn't increase memory package sizes.

At least to my knowledge.

Archived