From my understanding (meaning someone more knowledgeable could probably better explain this)' date=' you just deleted two "bones" off the mesh. The stretching on the panties is due to Bone Weight Copy copying the thigh weighting to the extreme edges of the panty mesh. Deleting both Thigh bones should also delete the weighting, and there shouldn't be any problems exporting (though it might be possible).

If you run in to any problems, or need something explained more in depth, please post here.

[/quote']

It's probably worth mentioning that removing a bone from a mesh altogether *can* result in increased clipping. Typically what you want for any skintight clothing is for it to move in exactly the same manner as the mesh it covers.

I was extremely unsatisfied with the Blender Boneweight copy script, so instead I made my own.

Boneweight Copy Script 2.3

For optimal results, I'd probably recommend deleting all of the vertex groups on the clothing mesh and then running the updated boneweight copy script to copy the boneweights from the body mesh to the clothing.

For settings, I'd probably do between four and six target vertices. That gives a nice averaged weight (from the distance weighted vertices of the target) the generally allows the mesh to move in almost perfect unison with the target mesh.

Since you are so willingly sharing your Blender wisdom' date=' any idea of how to make a wig out of a hairstyle, Thorazine? :)

[/quote']

It looks like Movomo and GSBModders are talking about that very subject:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=15095

Sure, we were talking about the wig. Speaking of which, never tried yet a 'full' conversion to a wig. My big worry is that I'm not sure how their vert order will change during import/export process. Reordering vertex order is kinda tedious. Otherwise it hardly has difference from typical clothing. Well We'd be happy if Thorazine kindly share the knowledge :)

And my suggestion, gerra do you think that vert ordering can be automated? :P The point of this would be distinguishing layer's position(inner/outer from the center of the head) and heading direction of normals (inner/outer), imo.

(But as I said never tried myself yet. If luckily enough the vert order remain unchanged during the process don't need it)

And my suggestion' date=' gerra do you think that vert ordering can be automated? :P The point of this would be distinguishing layer's position(inner/outer from the center of the head) and heading direction of normals (inner/outer), imo.

(But as I said never tried myself yet. If luckily enough the vert order remain unchanged during the process don't need it)

It probably could be automated. I'd probably have to understand what's involved in the process first, so I would know what I need to look for in the API and what things need to be changed and how they need to be changed.

I've never touched wigs/hair myself so I have no idea about how any of that stuff works.

When you speak of vertex order, are you referring to the actual vertex index number of individual vertices, or something else?

As far as normals go, I've previously coded a suite of tools that give us full control over vertex normals, so if you need to directly manipulate them, I can hook you up.

Probably could be automated. I'd just have to understand what's involved in the process first.

I've never touched wigs/hair myself so I have no idea about how any of that stuff works.

Sure. But first I need to experiment it myself.

well if you can't wait to see about it,

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.0

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=2460.msg81862#msg81862

edit\

Well I'm ignorant at technical thing but when I say vert order I mean their ages, their rendering priorities. When you copy a layer of collective vertice (which are linked to each other) then they are the youngest vertice in the object, and displayed before any other older layers.

edit\\

Uh oh. sorry for hijacking the thread.

It seems rendering priority is kept if I export the hair as obj and import it into Blender. I've realized Keep Vert Order option is enabled by default obj import setting. So I figure that as long as the original hair piece has no big trouble in it, no additional ordering required.

***Sorry for the Hijack***

It seems rendering priority is kept if I export the hair as obj and import it into Blender. I've realized Keep Vert Order option is enabled by default obj import setting. So I figure that as long as the original hair piece has no big trouble in it' date=' no additional ordering required.

[/quote']

That actually answers my question.

From a scripting point of view, changing vertex index is probably going to be a serious pain. The index itself is read only, and the only way I've been able to come up with for modifying it is the caveman approach of deleting a vertex from the mesh and then adding a new one in to replace it. Of course, when I do that I also have to rebuild all of the original faces, UV, edges, boneweights, etc that the original vertex was a member of. It's a bit ugly, probably slow as molasses, but potentially doable.

However, I *think* that you can achieve exactly the same effect by splitting a mesh and rejoining it.

I'll have to do some experiments to determine the exact behavior, but when you split a mesh into two separate meshes, each becomes a new mesh with new vertex indices.

When you join them up again, the actively selected mesh (the one that retains the name) *should* retain its vertex order and the newly joined mesh's vertex order should get tacked onto the end of that order.

This probably gives you the same basic control already that I would need to build a very ugly script to achieve.

That said...the ability to dynamically reorder vertex indices intrigues me. I would very much like to be able to, for example, dynamically reorder the vertices of an edited head mesh to match the vertex order of, say, a Ren Head, the Oblivion Vanilla Head, or some other head. The same goes for animating beast ears.

So, I may decide to work on this sometime after I've released Pose Converter, the automated UV Remapper, and maybe the Clothing Tear tool.

I somehow got into playing Skyrim again. Oops. At least it looks' date=' and works, better. :P

[/quote']

Will you be doing any conversions for Skyrim? There are a few outfits I'd like to see converted to CBBE_BBP specifially for the 'new manga body' by ledo4ek. :P

BTW I am still waiting for the AGS armor 'Love'. There are 7 outfit textures I want to convert to that mesh. Pls leave the transparency it has. I need it. :D

I somehow got into playing Skyrim again. Oops. At least it looks' date=' and works, better. :P

[/quote']

The Box (of DMRA Conversions) 2011-2013

38546_340.jpg

:P

hE83EDCC6

:rolleyes:

[/quote']

Will you be doing any conversions for Skyrim? There are a few outfits I'd like to see converted to CBBE_BBP specifially for the 'new manga body' by ledo4ek. :P

BTW I am still waiting for the AGS armor 'Love'. There are 7 outfit textures I want to convert to that mesh. Pls leave the transparency it has. I need it. :D

I really want to, but it's doubtful I will for a long while, kinda waiting for the official support to end before I start learning how to do conversions for Skyrim.

Manage to get the most of everything I had set out to accomplish (get the main quest done, and play through Dawnguard). Hopefully, I'll start back on to Oblivion conversions today.

Decided to mess around a bit in Skyrim and take a few screenshots, so if anyone is interested:

My Ashen character in Schwertleite armor, and dual wielding Schwertleite swords:

e6ee74f90ff67d09e7ca1082637eede6c8c8d93a1dde588a72b67e999cb393406g.jpg

I preferred staying a Warewolf, Now with a Vampire companion :D

f63af85ee2fdf326d643f73e2270a1c0a94568aa76e28bcaed42a5c9ef9d31b26g.jpg

Random thing I found while waiting to transform back:

643e08847e0c5d1593c22f76556baf228f72521da320f694a38bc731edc697166g.jpg

I know, this is the Oblivion section...

Guest flingingfeces

I've been super excited the last few weeks about some of the new animations in progress for Skyrim. Still there are not many besides walking animations and my blender skills are limited.

Oblivion on the other hand has so much going for it and the camera isn't such a pain in the ass lol

I've been super excited the last few weeks about some of the new animations in progress for Skyrim. Still there are not many besides walking animations and my blender skills are limited.

Oblivion on the other hand has so much going for it and the camera isn't such a pain in the ass lol

Dittos FF!!I would really like to see a walk anime like 'Pretty Woman' by Beni for Skyrim. I'm using VHH and it has some irritating issues with it. The walk aninimation is wierd. Standing still, your feet are flat on the ground, but when walking, they're slanted. the thighs clip badly and any uneven surfaces, like stone, carpets, stairs/steps make the walk jerky or you stop moving foward. While Skyrim has some awesome graphics, Oblivion has the better game mechanincs I think.

I can't stand playing Oblivion anymore, sure it has a superior camera system but that's about it. Skyrims camera system in battle is better than Oblivon IMO, but for vanity purposes it sucks ASS. This is easily rectified with console commands but is annoying. Even the bland colors (which a lot complain about) can be fixed with the many different ENB's that are out there.

I can't stand playing Oblivion anymore' date=' sure it has a superior camera system but that's about it. Skyrims camera system in battle is better than Oblivon IMO, but for vanity purposes it sucks ASS. This is easily rectified with console commands but is annoying. Even the bland colors (which a lot complain about) can be fixed with the many different ENB's that are out there.

[/quote']

I managed to edit the Skyrim camera so it doesn't move when unsheathing weapons, makes it easier to play in third person.

snippity snip snip

awesome sexy work. hey i was wondering' date=' is the room in the priestess of dibella video a playable map? and how do you make the faces in the video look like that. because the faces in the pics aren't my cup of tea.

In the future, please refrain from quoting an entire post that size. It slows the page down ridiculously. - CK

awesome sexy work. hey i was wondering' date=' is the room in the priestess of dibella video a playable map? and how do you make the faces in the video look like that. because the faces in the pics aren't my cup of tea.

[/quote']

Please don't quote the entire first post, it is NOT needed.

You'll have to ask flingingfeces about the videos.

Guest flingingfeces

All faces in the videos are part of the modular beautiful people mod as well as the diablo 6 in 1 race. Both found here on LL.

Modulars

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3812

Diablos

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2467

Also the area in the video is from a giant armor and clothing mod called Double Melons Wardrobe found here.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37152

One other thing I sure don't mind answering questions or helping folks so just shoot me a pm next time so we don't bog down this wonderful thread. Which I guess I kinda just did, but I already wrote most of it before I realized that lmao!