OK, I gave this a try. My character's body slave tatoos choices don't seem to stick, they always show up as external. Is this due to me using all the body tattoo slots in racemenu? Face ones do work though.

I have to equip or unequip an armor on my companions for the changes to show. If I save and reload the changes disspear till I remove their armor or give them armor.

Yeah, that's exactly why. The RaceMenu tattoos take precedence, by design.

So how do I add more spots?

I posted this earlier in the Dibella Defenders thread.

1)  Go into the data/skse/plugins folder and look for nioverride.ini

2)  Open it in your favorite text editor.

3)  you need to find the 4 defaults for body, face, hands, and feet (6, 3, 3, & 3)

4)  set the new default values.  I usually set it to body = 12, face=3 (no change), hands=6, feet=4)

5)  In racemenu, apply your normal tats to these new (lower) positions.  Leave the upper spaces open (set to "Default").  These are the ones that SlaveTats will use.

6)  Save the character. Go into the MCM for ST.  You should now see the entries available for ST to use.

Some things to note:

1)  Remember, the more slots you have and use, the more your game can be affected (as always, this is machine dependent).

2)  You are not adding spots to ST.  You are adding more overall slots to that racemenu can use.  ST is always limited to the first 6/3/3/3 qtys.

3)  The overlays are added in layers, so the higher number locations will be placed over the lower locations.  So if you have a SlaveTat in the first body spot, then a normal tat in the 7th body spot, the 7th tat will be place over the 1st.

didnt work for me i put body as 10 i even edited the psc in source to add extras by coping some and pasting and editing them to go to 9 but when i load skyrim it stays as six

shame the pex has crap in it not english im sure the pex is the thing to edit to add more

OK, I gave this a try. My character's body slave tatoos choices don't seem to stick, they always show up as external. Is this due to me using all the body tattoo slots in racemenu? Face ones do work though.

I have to equip or unequip an armor on my companions for the changes to show. If I save and reload the changes disspear till I remove their armor or give them armor.

3)  you need to find the 4 defaults for body, face, hands, and feet (6, 3, 3, & 3)

4)  set the new default values.  I usually set it to body = 12, face=3 (no change), hands=6, feet=4)

5)  In racemenu, apply your normal tats to these new (lower) positions.  Leave the upper spaces open (set to "Default").  These are the ones that SlaveTats will use.

6)  Save the character. Go into the MCM for ST.  You should now see the entries available for ST to use.

Some things to note:

1)  Remember, the more slots you have and use, the more your game can be affected (as always, this is machine dependent).

2)  You are not adding spots to ST.  You are adding more overall slots to that racemenu can use.  ST is always limited to the first 6/3/3/3 qtys.

3)  The overlays are added in layers, so the higher number locations will be placed over the lower locations.  So if you have a SlaveTat in the first body spot, then a normal tat in the 7th body spot, the 7th tat will be place over the 1st.

didnt work for me i put body as 10 i even edited the psc in source to add extras by coping some and pasting and editing them to go to 9 but when i load skyrim it stays as six

shame the pex has crap in it not english im sure the pex is the thing to edit to add more

Try reading what I wrote:

Some things to note:

ST stays at 6 slots for the body.  However, you can use the slots added after the sixth slot in racemenu leaving the first six slots available for ST.

Some things to note:

Try reading what I wrote:

Some things to note:

ST stays at 6 slots for the body.  However, you can use the slots added after the sixth slot in racemenu leaving the first six slots available for ST.

i cant seam to get tats to work in race menu unless im doing something wrong like the degrading tats and others they dont show up in racemenu

The tats you download here for slave tats only work in SlaveTats.  They  would have to be redone as a true mod to appear in racemenu.  For example, the Coenaculi for SlaveTats repacks for SlaveTats are a repacked version of the Coenaculi tattoo mod from Nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35677/? ).  So if you want the Coenaculi for both SlaveTats and Racemenu, you need the original mod AND the repack.  Most of the tat packs for Slave Tats are not stand-alone tattoos that can be used in RaceMenu. 

i cant seam to get tats to work in race menu unless im doing something wrong like the degrading tats and others they dont show up in racemenu

Only tats that are registered to BOTH Racemenu and SlaveTats will show in both. Each mod has it's own registration systems and therefore only tats sets that are set up for both will show in both.

Only tats that are registered to BOTH Racemenu and SlaveTats will show in both. Each mod has it's own registration systems and therefore only tats sets that are set up for both will show in both.

so how do i set them all up to be on race menu ?

Read the instructions on how to set them up on Nexus where you find the Racemenu mod.

Read the instructions on how to set them up on Nexus where you find the Racemenu mod.

all it says is to make a plugin slavetats already has a plugin when i go to body on racemenu it only has default it doesnt show any slavetats from the slavetats mod

all it says is to make a plugin slavetats already has a plugin when i go to body on racemenu it only has default it doesnt show any slavetats from the slavetats mod

It provides an example RaceMenu plugin, you want the tats in Racemenu? Create a plugin to host them to Racemenu. The SlaveTats plugin hosts them to Slavetats.

It provides an example RaceMenu plugin, you want the tats in Racemenu? Create a plugin to host them to Racemenu. The SlaveTats plugin hosts them to Slavetats.

i bet it needs coding doesnt it ? i cant even program a vcr so coding is way out my league >.<

i bet it needs coding doesnt it ? i cant even program a vcr so coding is way out my league >.<

This is one of the reasons I wrote SlaveTats in the first place.

So this mod do not automatically adds tattoos to slaved chars?

No.  You can manually at tats to your PC or any NPC (preferably a named NPC) as it says in the OP:

Features:

SlaveTats lets you:

• Select tattoos for the player character
  • Select tattoos for NPCs (works best if they have a name)
  • Select the color of the tattoos
  • Make the tattoos glow in the dark
  • Choose between matte and glossy tattoos
  • Apply magical tattoos (for example, the Dibellan Defender tattoo pack)
  • Add and remove tattoo packs without messing around in the SlaveTats source code. No need to compile.
  • If you're a mod author, you can lock tattoos onto characters, so that they can only be removed by a mod.

However other mods can macke use of this mod.  For example, Dibellan Defender is a mod that has it's own tattoo pack for Slave Tats.  You still apply them manually to PC or NPCs, but the DD applies perks based on the tats applied.  Also, other mods can use Slave Tats APIs to add tats prgrammatically.  Think of Slave Tats as a framework similar to SexLab.  Apropos uses the SlaveTats APIs to do it's wear and tear functionality.

So this mod do not automatically adds tattoos to slaved chars?

No.  You can manually at tats to your PC or any NPC (preferably a named NPC) as it says in the OP:

However other mods can macke use of this mod.  For example, Dibellan Defender is a mod that has it's own tattoo pack for Slave Tats.  You still apply them manually to PC or NPCs, but the DD applies perks based on the tats applied.  Also, other mods can use Slave Tats APIs to add tats prgrammatically.  Think of Slave Tats as a framework similar to SexLab.  Apropos uses the SlaveTats APIs to do it's wear and tear functionality.

Slaves of Tamriel and QAYL both use slavetats to apply tattoos to your character as well.

Can someone help me figure out the face tattoos? I've used body, legs and hands without problem, but can't get the face tattoos to work. Are there any mods that might stop them from being applied? To be clear, they show up in MCM, but I haven't managed to see them on my PC yet.

Can someone help me figure out the face tattoos? I've used body, legs and hands without problem, but can't get the face tattoos to work. Are there any mods that might stop them from being applied? To be clear, they show up in MCM, but I haven't managed to see them on my PC yet.

It's possible for custom head shape mods to interfere, though most of them don't.

With the last update... something... happened.

Tattoos have a hard time loading / unloading. I put a tattoo on an npc, and additionally, even after "removing" it (the Tats menu said removed. Skyrim begged to differ) the papyrus log went bonkers. Here's a recent excerpt:

SlaveTats Menu: There are currently 2 known targets.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:07PM] SlaveTats Menu: The default target is Sofia
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:08PM] SlaveTats Menu: Found nearby actor Horse
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:08PM] SlaveTats Menu: Found nearby actor Horse
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:08PM] SlaveTats Menu: Setting up target selection choices.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats Menu: Leaving target Sofia. Queueing synchronization.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Upgrading target Sofia to SlaveTats 1.0.0
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Prior version was <= 0.9.13 (or never had tattoos)
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Considering 
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Considering Actors\Character\slavetats\The Coenaculi CBBE\Body\DesuIrishLLeg.dds
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Recognized as a tattoo.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: No matching entry found.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Considering Actors\Character\slavetats\makeup\eyeshadow1.dds
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Recognized as a tattoo.
[02/08/2015 - 03:39:12PM] SlaveTats: Matched with Eyelids Shadow Cbbe

Ad nauseum. Then, ultimately, eleventy brazilian lines later:

[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats: Caller requested slot 1
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats: Asked to remove matching tattoos (tattoo = 449991)
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats: {
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats:   "AREA": "face"
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats:   "slot": 1
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] SlaveTats: }
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] VM is freezing...
[02/08/2015 - 03:40:20PM] VM is frozen

More importantly, if I was to try to use RaceMenu at this point... Well, the RM UI would work fine, in the sense I could select and change options as I normally could, no problems. Except pressing "Done." It didn't work. So you're essentially stuck in RaceMenu, forcing one to either use the console to move to another cell, or load a previous game.

I should stress that everything worked fine before updating, and that nothing has changed in my mod lineup other than said update. If I started a new character, or load a save before I ever tried to put a tattoo on the npc, everything is copacetic.

Also note, this post is in no way deconstructive criticism, and I can't praise this mod and the author enough. This is one of those mods you have on your list forever, and refuse to live without. Just hoping this info will help the author, users with similar problems, and future endeavors.

Edit: Yes, I tried removing the Copacobana irish tattoo thing or whatever it was called. No, it solved nothing (other than missing the texture, obviously.) So is adding to an NPC and RM not working circumstantial? Iunno. Don't ask me lady, I just work here.  :P

I've been coming across a problem where most of the tattoo options come out as squares.

Pretty sure that is the result of installing the CN files and you aren't a Chinese language user.

Happens so often that the files probably ought to be renamed *_Chinese instead of the *_CN. Some people never quite understand and they sure as hell didn't read the instructions.

Translations:

Chinese translation is in the files ending with _CN. If you don't speak Chinese, you don't need those.