You can increase the number of racmenu slots for tattoos in the nioverride.ini file in data/skse/plugins folder.  Look for a section labeled "[Overlays/Body]" .  Default is 6, but you can put in a larger number (max # is signed integer I believe, it's somewhere in the comments section of the RaceMenu page on Nexus). Remember, the more you make available, the more lag you may get.  HOWEVER, this may still not apply to SlaveTats.  The MCM for SlaveTats may be hard set to 6 rather than dynamically adjusting to that same ini.  The author or someone who has open it up in the CK could tell you better.  Or just try it - set the ini value to 8 and see if SlaveTats MCM shows 8 slots instead of 6.

As far as the basic slaves tats being available through showracemenu, they would have to be repackaged in a different folder structure (or not) and probably requires it's own esp (another esp to add to your mod list) and some sort of scripting to get it to appear in racemenu.

Increasing the Number in the RaceMenu config doesn't give more slots in the SlaveTats MCM I already tried that before so it was just a question of getting them to show up for RaceMenu

well... if it isn't possible I may just end up combining the tattoos I want to use into a single one and replace one of the tattoos I don't want to use to get it to work as I want it to :) (That should be ok with the mod-author and tattoo-artists I believe? correct me if I'm wrong @ responsibe ones)

Any ideas why I'm getting some cubes instead of letters inside mod settings?  :-/

Did you download the Chinese versions of some tattoo packs?  The names have _CN in them.

Yeah, it's almost certainly that you installed the Chinese version at some point. I had the same issue when I did it because I didn't know the difference between the versions at the time. :blush:

i cannot chose the body tattoos... it says external but i dont know how to solve.... but when chose a npc its working...

If you've assigned tats to your character through RaceMenu to all 6 slots, then you cannot assign them through SlaveTats.  By default there are 6 body slots available through RM.  If you assign tats, etc through RaceMenu to those any of 6 slots, then you cannot assign them in game through ST (each slot used in RM uses a ST slot).  I think there is a way around this, but I haven't tried it yet.  You can try changing the number of available slots in RM through an ini file in the the SKSE/Plugins folder (nioverride.ini).  Find the section on body slots and up the number of slots (try 8).  (That part does work by the way).  This doesn't affect ST - ST is hard coded to 6 body slots, and I'm thinking (hoping, actually) only the first six.  Go back to racemenu (showracemenu in the console) and only assign tattoos to the last 2 slots in the body section, leaving the first 6 slots open.  Save, then go into the MCM for SlaveTats and see if the all 6 slots are available again.  I believe this will work - was going to test this last night but didn't get the chance.  Remember that the more tattoo slots used, the more it can affect your game.  You could theorectically have 12 slots for RM, only use the last 6 and still have 6 slots for ST.  Again, I have not tested this theory.  Hopefully it works.

i cannot chose the body tattoos... it says external but i dont know how to solve.... but when chose a npc its working...

If you've assigned tats to your character through RaceMenu to all 6 slots, then you cannot assign them through SlaveTats.  By default there are 6 body slots available through RM.  If you assign tats, etc through RaceMenu to those any of 6 slots, then you cannot assign them in game through ST (each slot used in RM uses a ST slot).  I think there is a way around this, but I haven't tried it yet.  You can try changing the number of available slots in RM through an ini file in the the SKSE/Plugins folder (nioverride.ini).  Find the section on body slots and up the number of slots (try 8).  (That part does work by the way).  This doesn't affect ST - ST is hard coded to 6 body slots, and I'm thinking (hoping, actually) only the first six.  Go back to racemenu (showracemenu in the console) and only assign tattoos to the last 2 slots in the body section, leaving the first 6 slots open.  Save, then go into the MCM for SlaveTats and see if the all 6 slots are available again.  I believe this will work - was going to test this last night but didn't get the chance.  Remember that the more tattoo slots used, the more it can affect your game.  You could theorectically have 12 slots for RM, only use the last 6 and still have 6 slots for ST.  Again, I have not tested this theory.  Hopefully it works.

ok thx

Are there any prerequisites for a new section(Not tattoo slot, I know that is capped by RaceMenu) to appear(like "Dom Labels" or "Nordic")?

I have "mything" folder inside SlaveTats one with "mything.json", which follows the example given in the first post and... nothing new appears in game.

Halp plas!

I tested your theory and it works just fine.

Are there any prerequisites for a new section(Not tattoo slot, I know that is capped by RaceMenu) to appear(like "Dom Labels" or "Nordic")?

I have "mything" folder inside SlaveTats one with "mything.json", which follows the example given in the first post and... nothing new appears in game.

Halp plas!

http://json-validator.com/

Paste the contents of your json file to that website and validate it. If it has ANY errors then you must fix them before your tat options will show.

Halp plas!

http://json-validator.com/

Paste the contents of your json file to that website and validate it. If it has ANY errors then you must fix them before your tat options will show.

Didn't know about that website. Thank you.

Seems that there shouldn't be a comma after last entry.

Yup, that was the issue. I guess one can forget the basics of programming quickly.

Hi, I'm noob, just started moding like a couple days ago, and found this mod fantastic. I installed latest SKSE, SkyUI, NetImmerse Override (it seems that RaceMenu is not compatible with ECE, so I downloaded this instead) and JContainers 3.1.1, since I could not find 3.0 on nexus. on MCM screen it says that I do not have JC 3.0, and shows blank screen. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Sorry for a noob question.

What version of Slavetats do you have?  I'm running 1.05 with JContainers 3.1.1 with no problems.  1.06 is the most recent.  Note also that some other mods have in the past included a version of JContainers with their mod, so if you installed one of those after JContainers 3.1.1 you might have regressed it to an older version.  If you're managing your mods with Mod Organizer it can tell you about conflicts like that.

What version of Slavetats do you have?  I'm running 1.05 with JContainers 3.1.1 with no problems.  1.06 is the most recent.  Note also that some other mods have in the past included a version of JContainers with their mod, so if you installed one of those after JContainers 3.1.1 you might have regressed it to an older version.  If you're managing your mods with Mod Organizer it can tell you about conflicts like that.

I love how some of you are stepping up to help with these kinds of answers. Thanks!

I have no idea what I did, but for some reason when I downloaded the tats from you download page only the; Criminal, Scrawl and Zoo came in properly on NMM. Everything else put in an item called DE Necro.

I have all the requirements, and I downloaded everything the same way (Save it as RAR, open it with NMM).

Same issue here, but it only occurred after I looked for updates for the mods I use with NMM. I assume it only changes the name of the file on NMM and has no real issue after you uninstall the "DE Necro" files.

After downloading the files, take the date off of the end of the name.  Nexus/NMM uses a numbering system as a way to identify mods and the numbers at the end of the name confuse it.  They all show with the name DE Necro because the files have the same date numbering at the end that happens to match a file on Nexus called DE Necro.  Remove the dates and you'll see them in the Mods tab with the name of the file.  Also, DO NOT click yes to the "Upgrade".  When you click yes, it removes the "old version" and adds the "new version" even though they are actually different (again, that numbering system they use).  In this case for these files, click No, and it will install the "new" mod alongside the old.

Slavetats 1.06, as I found about this literally couple days ago. If you do not mind could you share 1.05 version? I just want to try if it works for me as well.