Halstrom is correct.. The old version didn't work. It had bugs and all sorts of problems. Many didn't show up as pregnancy problems but they were problems none the less caused by Pregnancy.  I had very few issues running sexout mods.. most of those issues were related to the pregnancy and sperm setup.. It was a heavy handed way of handling the issue. Now it is more refined and light and functional. I thought I didn't' like it either when I tried it for testing Tryouts and such but It grew on me.

So there are three mods instead of 2 or whatever. Fine.. There are times when a mod needs to be split.  However most people bitching about the mod are bitching about the fact that THEY SCREWED UP AND DIDN'T INSTALL THE REQUIREMENTS THAT ARE CLEARLY POSTED IN THE OP.  That is when someone points them to their simple to avoid mistake after they spent "hours' trying to get it to work.. Hint.. follow the instructions and use the links to get the proper versions of the mod.. It isn't rocket science..

For the past two weeks most of my support given out was for people that can't inconvenience themselves to read an OP and get the correct versions of the mod. Not reading the basic instructions is inexcusable, completely inexcusable. Have a question on those instructions.. great.. post them for clarification we have non English speaking members and some that might have other reading, or comprehension issues.. This isn't directed at those individuals

And whoever told anybody that an upgrade, with or without a clean save being needed, requires starting a new game must've been having a laugh. :P

Yea.. they would read and remember that.. :dodgy:

I would like to respectfully add that forums are very dynamic places. There is no single, constant procedure for installing three different top-tier mods and all of their dependencies in an environment where changes are being made on a weekly if not daily basis. I might add that all three of these mods have different version requirements for some of the common dependencies posted on their pages, such that anyone who tries to install all three mods on the same day without the keenest eye may unknowingly make the mistake of installing the wrong version of such a dependency because they did not notice the distinction.

For instance, until this afternoon, I was not even aware that there was an active beta version of SexoutNG available, as the only link on their page to the beta is four letters long in the midst of an entire sentence of 12 point gray font on top of a gray backdrop, sandwiched between two other lines of colored text.

Now I can understand and respect that people becoming frustrated over installation problems is irritating to say the least, but remember that the dependency sequence for a clean installation for all three of these end-user mods covers at least 7 different web pages with different formatting, some of those also requiring sub-dependencies from different websites as well. Add to that the fact that all of these mods are updated & replaced frequently, and you get a very bad situation. There is no comprehensive installation guide because the present rate of succession would likely render any such procedure completely obsolete in a matter of months.

In summary, I believe there are sufficient grounds for allowances to be made for the end users of these high-tier mods. At the same time, I also believe that no free software developer can realistically be expected to be omnipotent or infallible.

Ultimately, it's what we chose to do about these problems that makes a difference. Working to keep installation instructions as simple and current as possible will alleviate the root of the problem at it's source to an extent. The clearer it is for people to understand exactly what they need do to for a hitchless installation, the fewer incidents we will have.

Likewise, getting mad at modders when something doesn't work will only lessen the likelihood of them taking time out of their lives to help you. The more quantitative data you can pull from crashlogs and debugging tools, the faster the issue can be identified.

----------

Now, would anyone be kind enough to explain how 'swimmers' are supposed to function under normal circumstances? I believe I have the overall functionality of Spunk operating correctly now, but I can't seem to figure out why these 'swimmers' never spawn for me.

Current build includes:

-Sexout-93-BETA-24---June--20--2015

-Spunk 0.921

-NVSE 5.0.1

-NX16, installed in accordance with special instructions provided by the author

I would be happy to provide an updated debug dump upon request.

Thank you for your help so far.

EDIT: It appears that there is a considerable number of other players experiencing the same symptoms. It seems there is enough of a correlation to safely hypothesize that there is a common failure of some sort. I would not rule out the possibility of a scripting bug within this mod or one of it's dependencies.

I might add that all three of these mods have different version requirements for some of the common dependencies posted on their pages,

What about the "or newer" part ;).

Add to that the fact that all of these mods are updated & replaced frequently, and you get a very bad situation.

Yep.. bad situation that there are active modders here on this site. Bad indeed. Perhaps we shouldn't have so many active modders.. Lets make a mod and then have all the mod authors wait 6 months before being able to update a mod.. 3 months for a bug fix.. That would solve that problem real quick. You can then be confident that you have the current version at all times.

For instance, until this afternoon, I was not even aware that there was an active beta version of SexoutNG available, as the only link on their page to the beta is four letters long in the midst of an entire sentence of 12 point gray font on top of a gray backdrop, sandwiched between two other lines of colored text.

HUh.. what are you talking about.. Sexout stable has links to beta. Beta is clearly downloadable in the downloads section. I don't know where you see this "12 point gray font on top of gray backdrop, sandwiched between two other lines of colored text". If this is the case... did you post a question on that mod's thread or comment about how hard it is to see? Ask for clarification? Or just go and start posting on threads elsewhere and complain instead of actuallly trying to fix a potential problem. I see problems and issues many times and I post a question for the mod author or thread OP to review and decide if it is indeed a problem. Many times.. guess what. it gets fixed if the issue is reasonable. ;).

In summary, I believe there are sufficient grounds for allowances to be made for the end users of these high-tier mods. At the same time, I also believe that no free software developer can realistically be expected to be omnipotent or infallible.

On this point I agree. The end user should read the OP.. If there are hidden grey text sandwitched..oh whatever.. post a clarifiy post and ask what is going on there. Perhaps a quote from that section, Then the issues is on the OP or mod author to fix or clarify. I have several tutorial threads. I can't tell you how many times someone has commented on the content and layout.. Some good many times bad. I have seriously taken into consideration each and every comment and made changes accordingly. I have done the same for others here. The authors have made reasonable changes in their OPs as well. Communication is Key.

Ultimately, it's what we chose to do about these problems that makes a difference. Working to keep installation instructions as simple and current as possible will alleviate the root of the problem at it's source to an extent. The clearer it is for people to understand exactly what they need do to for a hitchless installation, the fewer incidents we will have.

Yes and it is up to the readers to give feedback not only about the mod but about the flow and content and even instructions to help others. When I started here. the instructions were just as bad if not worse. I asked questions after questions sometimes being a pest I am sure. I pointed out confusing parts of OPs and post and got answers .. it took time but I learned and am now able to follow this process and don't see the same problems others that are newer see. I have gotten the experience that this and that post and all the stuff that is being complained about.. don't phase me as much if at all. It is up to the newer members to point these issues out to each thread and ask respectfully if something can be clarified.. Perhaps even rewriting a section for clarity for the author. I assure most here are very receptive to this.

Likewise, getting mad at modders when something doesn't work will only lessen the likelihood of them taking time out of their lives to help you. The more quantitative data you can pull from crashlogs and debugging tools, the faster the issue can be identified.

YOu are so correct on this. I know some of these modders here. and many are starting to block certain members here for their hostility or negative comments. Then they can't see it, get PM's or messages or anything. In the end these individuals loose the great support that LL is known for. Lets keep it clean and constructive. See a problem, need clarificiation.. post it and ask for it. On a previous post on another thread one of the main assistance of that thread / co OP if you will informed me of a feature that I wasn't aware of.. I asked a few clarifications and now I can continue and help others with that same problem.

Now, would anyone be kind enough to explain how 'swimmers' are supposed to function under normal circumstances?

I believe the sperm is in the vagina and swimmers are in the womb. Not all sperm becomes swimmers. Some sperm can and will get lost. Some situations can loose most if not all of them. There can be medicines etc that prevent these swimmers or kill them. Not sure how that works myself. :D. I had a problem with it not working or so I thought when I was testing before. Ended up I just need to wait a bit of time. Then my toon got pregnant several times.. then nothing for a while. Kind of like real life. For deeper info or problem solving someone else would have to respond.

@DoctaSax.

I believe Odessa has moved the Beta to stable. Your link is now giving them a thread that only has the bodies meshes. Unless I am missing something the Sexout that should be used going forward is this one
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24614-sexoutng-stable-release-93/

At least until some new work on a new beta has been done. :D.

@use09

Requirements

SexoutNG 2.10.93b15 or later
NVSE 5.0.1 or later (5.0.1. actual DL is here)
NX 16 or later

Make sure you have these installed. and reference the entry to DoctaSax above. I bleieve the beta has now gone stable. ..

If you have indeed installed all the requirements from the quote above... and the requireements of teh mods those require.. crashing on start up can also be caused by missing master.

In any case..

Load order needed.

Spunk Log needed (to see your versions etc of mods installed. The load order I believe is included in the Spunk Log)

Updated SexoutNG to the new stable version and Spunk to the 0.921 today. All looks good besides one thing. When I activate water fountain to wash my character I got CTD. 

Definitively it's a problem with washing script, but I wonder if that happens only to me. Or anyone else noticed it too?

Will investigate more.

NVSE 5.0.2

NX 16

Besides: Keep up, great work on this! :)

mhmm so I cant get spunk working. the game stars up fine and I have the mcm  entry but I cant see the spunk at all. I have everything checked and the scanner doesn't seem to track it. am I missing files or am I just completely overlooking the simplest thing? 

@revanag

I can't seem to duplicate that CTD. Does it occur only with drinking fountains, or also with sinks, etc? In what specific location have you been experiencing these crashes?

@kingbudo

Enter the Spunk MCM menu and enable debugging tools under the first tab... This should spawn a menu with the option to enable a debug log.

Once you have enabled the debug dump, try to replicate your problem and then close the game.

You should be able to find the log file in your New Vegas install directory. Be sure to upload it and some of the folks around here may be able to interpret it for you.

Make sure you have the latest version of SexoutNG that was just released yesterday: http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/6599eb129138071eb1d32071df6ec635/sexoutng-stable-release-93

@revanag

I can't seem to duplicate that CTD. Does it occur only with drinking fountains, or also with sinks, etc? In what specific location have you been experiencing these crashes?

@kingbudo

Enter the Spunk MCM menu and enable debugging tools under the first tab... This should spawn a menu with the option to enable a debug log.

Once you have enabled the debug dump, try to replicate your problem and then close the game.

You should be able to find the log file in your New Vegas install directory. Be sure to upload it and some of the folks around here may be able to interpret it for you.

Make sure you have the latest version of SexoutNG that was just released yesterday: http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/6599eb129138071eb1d32071df6ec635/sexoutng-stable-release-93

Very nice tech support post Noverius.. very nice indeed.

Sorry DoctaSax. just had to complement a newer member stepping up and providing a very good support post.. :D.

Sooo...if we get CTD before we can get to MCM to enable debugging?  : \  Is there an nvse log somewhere that might be helpful?

Game is fine when I disable Spunk.

SO 2.10.93

NVSE 5.0.2 (revang mentione .2 above, but I think that is a typo?)

NVSE Ex 16

EDIT:  Doh!  I double checked.  Revang was right.  It is NVSE 5.0.2.

@nyaalich

I'm assuming you are using Spunk 9.21 in your install.

I would verify that NVSE-EX16 is in fact working correctly because of it's fussy install procedure.

It could also be a load order issue if you have determined that all of the dependencies are functioning correctly.

I'm not positive on NVSE's debugging features, but I imagine a project of that scale is bound to have some form of logging capability... Perhaps someone else here would know more.

It happens to some, not all. I can't really figure it out unless I can compare load orders. There's a new MCM option to switch to the older method of washing though.

@revanag

Well still not sure why it happened to me. But thanks guys!

From the MCM, changed washing method to the "activator-based" and I can clean PC with no trouble now.

I'll switch once again to the "effect-based" method when clean to see if it just makes CTD when updating spunk while dirty.

@Noverius

Just for the record, it occurs with every other water source as well.

I would think that since .93 was updated to stable over the weekend, it should work.

I used to get that message with zeroes for everything until I got everything updated.  Then I just went CTD.

EDIT:

I don't know if this or my previous post came across as me sounding like a dick. I'm just confused.  Since DRL and Preg are working fine (excluding the Spunk dependency for preg), NVSE and NVSE Ex are installed fine.

EDIT:

Clean save and reinstalling all SO stuff made Spunk happy in its happy pants.

Howdy, I've been messing around with this mod for a few hours and I keep getting the same issues, repeatedly getting errors such as invalid array access error in script 1501efcd, others dont seem to be having this specific issue, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. 

Cheers for the mods guys. They're pretty great. I was messing around in Debug mode too, so if there's a log I can send or something. Let me know.

Edit: Other issues include failures to evaluate, failure to initialise etc. All on the same script.

Edited by Zigrak

I just tried spunk on the latest 'stable' release of NG - fyi : 2.10.93.100 - and it works fine.

Invalid array errors in xx01efcd could be due to the fact that your .nvse file associated with your save is no longer available. If it's anything else, only logs can help, as always.

It would appear not.

I guess I have to use ./sexchange to get this mod to behave with PregnancyV3 when male pregnancy is enabled, unless a similar option is installed in future releases of Spunk.

I guess this works for now.

Thanks.

Probably 12 months ago, I allowed the pregnancy system to work on a male player only if a MCM box is turned on, but I had never heard any feedback from anyone who wanted it to know if it worked or not. I had just assumed spunk would track semen and sperm if it were added to a male :)

That's what I thought too, but I guess the technology is just outsmarting it's masters in this case, hehe.

I'm realizing after the fact that there are no male meshes availible at this point anyways... but the potential from a technical standpoint is there.  It does appear to be fundamentaly functional after Spunk has been