Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Freeze! Before doing anything... First check the name of the mesh (the one you want to be Rigid) in Nifskope. I'm surprised that the name is Arms:000-Arms:003 though, usually is Foot:Upperbody or something more meaningful.

P.S.

Well, it's an android... that explains everything.

As I recall gerra6 has it set up to append those numbers too. So what you may see initially in the original NIF via NifSkope would be different in the converted NIF.

And this reads like maybe a Skyrim mesh, yes? Not much help there but this reads like the inner is bouncing and the outer is not? You can run Mesh Rigger and just select the BBB nodes and replace them, if what is wanted is bounce. If no bounce is wanted use NifSkope to delete those nodes, or at least that is what can be done with Oblivion based meshes. No idea if it'll work for a Skyrim mesh since I don't have it.

I know that elalquemista is willing to port it to Oblivion (it seems a difficult task, particularly for the head mesh and the blue lights on the back). Should he succeed, I would grab it instantly. Very nice model, though not exactly lore-friendly for Oblivion.

Guest endgameaddiction

Well the thing about the droid body is that it's divided into two meshes. inner and outer layer. The inner layer is the carbon fiber like where the glowing light resides and the outer layer is the skin pad what ever like thing <- lack for a better name (I'm not an expert on droid components). I would say the head mesh will be much easier to port over the body. I already had a flaw on trying to use clothing converter for this droid body. it only recognized the bottom layer and was very unsuccessful. I am new to cc, and I haven't tried mesh rigger, yet. I just want to avoid blender 2.49 if possible by doing converts of mesh and armors.

Edit: Spine is another mesh so that's 3 total.

I already had a flaw on trying to use clothing converter for this droid body. it only recognized the bottom layer and was very unsuccessful.

By your description, and assuming that Fallout and Oblivion meshes are quite similar in structure, I would use Nifskope to create two or three separate files, using CC on each one separately, and finally joining them again in Nifskope.

i believe that the converter will have a lot of difficulties to convert that robot model to oblivion  and will cause a lot of cliping issue . 

I think for this one  it is better to do it from a body model from " set body " and make a similar . as i do not know for textures  it might need a remake of textures also.

for the head part it is a coplete textures remake  no effort in blender just gimp !

if i have time (working on a house mod actualy ) i might make the model  it will take me much more time with gimp  ( textures )  to have a similar color   . but what is annoying me is

from pics there are different body color  ( red, blue, green , and a mix )  i do not know if it is ' blockhead ' results or if it is a different body choise .

Guest endgameaddiction

I already had a flaw on trying to use clothing converter for this droid body. it only recognized the bottom layer and was very unsuccessful.

By your description, and assuming that Fallout and Oblivion meshes are quite similar in structure, I would use Nifskope to create two or three separate files, using CC on each one separately, and finally joining them again in Nifskope.

I'm not all familiar with Oblivion, but unlike Oblivion and Skyrim, we don't have a separated upperbody and lower body mesh it's just one piece. And this is probably what I think your are talking about since the droid body is handled similar?

I'm just specifically doing this for clothing and armors from fallout for now. I haven't been 100% successful with any armors on a normal body just yet, the edges come out jagged or feet point upwards after the conversion, but I will see about your suggestion.

edit: erm confused skyrim body. it's body and feet. not half n half :P

So i found out how to get the nif from project ares. I didn't know the project ares and the daughter bodies were so different. I have to wonder if it will work using it as a template. guess i'll find out.

EDIT: It doesn't have the glowing bits and the "outer shell" is even different. I wonder if it even has that inner layer or not. Kinda wish the mod author would come back.

EDIT 2: Yup still explodes!

@RedBattleDragon

By explode do you mean stretching? If it's stretching you need to look at the nif that you are trying to add the nodes to and make note of them and make sure those nodes don't get removed when you added the new nodes. Either use a skeleton that has all of the needed nodes plus the ones that you are adding or use multiple nifs.

*Edit

There seems to be something wrong with the femaledroidbody ares project nif it runs till it hits the arms and then stops so I tried again but used a BnB body instead and it worked perfectly without mesh rigger closing I only tried the one prject of ares nif so far but haven't tested with the other one with more stuff in it yet.

Project ares nif the one from the BSA. 

post-25667-0-40869100-1433130096_thumb.jpg

*Edit

Just tried with the project of ares Nude Body and that one also came out perfect.

post-25667-0-17262800-1433131966_thumb.jpg

Project ares BSA nif and project ares Nude Body nif now with BnB. The BSA nif you will have to change the name and open the BSA to find the folder path for it and manually make the folders and add them to your games folder and then added the nif into the folder and it will be used instead of the one in the BSA and the other one just rename it and overwrite the one in the nude body folder.

No what happens is the inner layer, arms and legs, explode out between the outer layer sections. really creepy stuff. The outer layer would work just fine and have the BNB.

Thank you very much for attempting at making these for me but when i loaded them into the game the same thing happens. The inner layer explodes out while the outer is fine. I'll post a pic.

post-105563-0-31187200-1433184074_thumb.jpg

i thought you wanted a mesh for oblivion !!!

in your case why don't you simply keep the inner body  !!!       and replace just the outer body !!!

not exactly a conversion  and no textures for now  (testing the same time the body the house mod and a heli )

post-35101-0-88246800-1433186569_thumb.jpg

post-35101-0-39255300-1433186577_thumb.jpg

The inner layer explodes out while the outer is fine. I'll post a pic.

How about adding some padding to the outer layer (in Clothing Converter)?

Then use Mesh Rigger only for the outer layer... the inner layer would remain hidden, so you shouldn't need weight painting for that. And about myuhinny's files, are you sure you put those in the correct location/folders?

@RedBattleDragon

That is a easy fix I believe I fixed it what I did was take copies of the non modified ones and copied the inner layer branches and loaded up the ones that were run through mesh rigger and deleted out the inner layers and pasted in the inner layers from the unmodified ones so hopefully that should of fixed that problem.

@noobsaleh

It depends if the armors all use the same body type or not as bodies like UNP and CBBE have different UV maps so you can't use the UV search option if you use a body nif as a template because it can cause the bodies to look weird. If you try to use a skeleton as a template try to use one that doesn't have a shit ton of nodes in it otherwise you will never be able to hit the ok button because there will be too many nodes listed and you will not be able to see the ok button. There might be a lot of nifs that are named the same so you might have to add the name to the end of a nif so that they don't try to overwrite other nifs. If you are going to add just a belly node you will still need to make sure to have a body hand feet and head nifs ready or a skeleton that has all of the required nodes that a armor/outfit has in them before adding the belly node because if you only try to add a belly node without using a skeleton/meshes to keep from removing the nodes already in the nifs you will cause the armors/outfits to stretch.

Yeah they have the same body type and use the same skeleton. Does that mean I can (or should?) use said body as the template rather than the skeleton? My skeleton is XPMSE, and yeah I have the body, hands, and feet nifs as well. Both for the armor that already has the belly node (let's call it Armor 1), and the armor that doesn't have it (Armor 2).

Now, about what you said regarding file names. Let's say I have in my meshes/armor folder the individual folders for each armor. That is, armor1, armor2, and then armor3 and so on for all the other ones. And within each folder all the nif's are unique. So in the armor1 folder I have armor1(armor/boots/gauntlets).nif or whatever, and so on for all the other ones. Will I still have an issue with overwrites?

@noobsaleh

Depends on how many nodes are in the skeleton too many nodes will make the node selection screen big bigger then your computer screen which will prevent you from hitting the ok button or most things for that matter and you will have to force close it. I usually never use a skeleton as using nif files for templates usually works way better. You could always try the skeleton and see if it's too big then you can just stick to the nifs.

I use a UNPCM body which has TBBP and a belly node added to it that I did myself since the body didn't have any of that. As I'm throwing nifs into the target folder I am also looking at the nodes in the nif if they all have the same nodes everything is fine if they don't have the same ones those ones get placed into a different folder to be run through in the next run with the required nifs needed for the nodes. If a armor requires nodes from the body hand head and feet you can hold down the CTRL button and click each nif if those are the only nifs in the folder you can hold down shift button and click one to mass high light them.

Mesh rigger has a target folder that is where you place the _0/_1 nifs into when you want to fun them through mesh rigger. There are ones that have their own names but there are also many that use the same name type like cuirass_0 so you have to add the armor/outfits name to the end of the nif like cuirass_0 steel armor this is to keep them from overwriting nifs of the same name and it also helps you keep track of what the nifs name is and where it came from.

This outfit I did a little bit ago notice the stretching on the hat I missed that it had a head node and when I ran mesh rigger I only used the body nif which made the mesh rigger remove the head node because I didn't use a head nif along with the body when I ran it through it.

post-25667-0-03144100-1433650105_thumb.jpg

@BlairIpswich

Shouldn't you be using Gerra6's clothing converter instead of mesh rigger. The clothing converter converts a armor/outfit from one body to another though the clothing converter works better when the 2 bodies have matching UV maps. If they don't have matching UV maps then you can't use the UV search option for either the clothing converter or mesh rigger.  

• 3 weeks later...

@RedBattleDragon

That is a easy fix I believe I fixed it what I did was take copies of the non modified ones and copied the inner layer branches and loaded up the ones that were run through mesh rigger and deleted out the inner layers and pasted in the inner layers from the unmodified ones so hopefully that should of fixed that problem.

They work! Thanks a lot!

Ok, i have the K2ME3Jack outfit.  I used the converter to change the outfit to BNB Body from type 3.  This worked fine and looks good in game.  Now I am trying to add the bounce back to the outfit.  

I use the Femaleupperbody.nif as the referenece.  and the ME3 ouytfit as the target.  The strange thing is if I select anything other that copy select bones there is no output nif created.  

can someone tell me can this copy wieghts in FNV.

@RedBattleDragon

Glad to hear it I figured it would work since I have used that tactic before when I hit a stretchy piece.

@Arcturus7777

If there is no output nif then that means that mesh rigger hit a error or something like that. To see what the cause was go to your save folder and look for mesh rigger log then open it and scroll through to the bottom and see if there is any error present there or watch the mesh rigger screen and see if you can see  the error before the page closes.

Also is there a body underneath the ME3 outfit? If not then that would be the problem there has to be a body under the armor/outfit for mesh rigger to be able to run. So just paste a body that fits into the outfit after you run it through mesh rigger and it complete then load the new nif up and delete the body back out.

@RedBattleDragon

Glad to hear it I figured it would work since I have used that tactic before when I hit a stretchy piece.

@Arcturus7777

If there is no output nif then that means that mesh rigger hit a error or something like that. To see what the cause was go to your save folder and look for mesh rigger log then open it and scroll through to the bottom and see if there is any error present there or watch the mesh rigger screen and see if you can see  the error before the page closes.

Also is there a body underneath the ME3 outfit? If not then that would be the problem there has to be a body under the armor/outfit for mesh rigger to be able to run. So just paste a body that fits into the outfit after you run it through mesh rigger and it complete then load the new nif up and delete the body back out.

I created a new lattice and converted a dress.  the conversion now transfers the bounce, however the shoulders stick up like a piece of cardboard.  I missed this in the first conversion due to padded shoulders in the armor.

were you talking about cutting and pasting in nifscope?