Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Some UNP bodies are hit and miss on. The only UNP body that I have found that actually works really well in mesh rigger is the UNPCM body by haloform. Even converting one UNP body to a different UNP can have mixed results some bodies have defects in them sometimes something converts better if both bodies have matching textures along with a match UV map. 

This one is a UNPB TBBP body that literally just blew up in the converter when I tried to convert it from UNPB to UNPCM and it didn't really convert anything the breast and stuff are still UNPB and I usually have no problem converting from UNPB to UNPCM so the body in this armor must have some defects in it or a shitty skeleton was used.

post-25667-0-66738900-1422746978_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-46182700-1422746995_thumb.jpg

Have you tried instead of trying to add TBBP to the body to just convert the UNPB body to the UNP body that you are trying to add the TBBP to? I have done this a few times and have even taken armor/outfit nifs and deleted everything out but the bodies and renamed them and used them as my players body.

Yeah sometimes it is hard to remember what someone did to achieve what they did for one thing or the other. Sometimes it requires trial and error again till it is found out or remembered how they did it. It could also depend on what version you were using at the time that it was made. How it is done could change from version to version.

Seems that last outfit/body explosion was a screw up on my part I tried to paste the lower pants into the main armor it was missing a ninode so instead of adding new ninodes and then renaming them for a temp thing I pasted scene root of the pants into the scene root of the main nif. I tried again with just the top and coat in it and had no problem. 

post-25667-0-57047600-1422805977_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

first of all sorry if what I'm about to post has already been covered, I must have missed it,

So I exported my armor from 3ds max doing the usual rifraf. skinwrap, bsdismember wich was made for UNPetite. it's a dress, so I thought I will load in a simular shaped dress to copy weightpainting and follow the instructions. but when I load my game my hands are like not attached to my body.

what am I doing wrong?

I don't think it is anything that you are doing it is most likely the way the UNP body was made the skeleton that was used to make it and what the authors did to make their body work. Many times running a UNP body through clothing converter/mesh rigger you will see many improper rotation matrix errors and other errors. I have seen where a UNP body will shift down/back/forward in the nif while everything else in the nif never moves. When I convert a UNP armor to a different body like the UNPCM body by Haloform I first run it through the clothing converter then before running it through mesh rigger I then transfer the armor/outfit from the UNP nif and paste it into a copy of my players body nif. Then run it through mesh rigger and it usually comes out looking the way that it should.

Thnx for the reply! nothing is ever easy xD I will try and do it the way u described.

and I just wanna ask a little question if its ok.

What if I want to port an outfit from somewhere else But its in tpose for example. Would I be able to use these tool to accomplish the they are fitted and weighted? And what would be a good way to accomplish this

Well usually if you port something say from oblivion to skyrim which uses the tpose it is best to convert the pose to the pose of the game that you are porting it to.

I have found when converting oblivion bodies to skyrim bodies it came out better when the bodies matched pose wise or the conversion came out weird. So I just throw the one body into Gerra6's pose converter and then change it to the one that I am porting it to.

I have seen some armors that use a different pose.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a setting or solution to fix the inaccuracy of the mesh rigger's output weights? All of the weights that are copied over are substantially less weighted than the template mesh, to the point where it's hard to tell the output has weight painting at all.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this, I have it installed and upgraded to 89_k, I can select a mesh, target and folder too. When I have selected my information and gone to the bone screen, I can select those too and it will run, however there are no results, no new file and no skeleton inside my nif. 

I don't know what to do :\

I thought I did? Regardless, this is for Skyrim.

I have my own robes modeled and exported to .nif through 3ds Max. My template file is malebody_0.nif. I followed the steps in the very first post EXACTLY and there doesn't seem to be any errors or halts thrown up when processing. The end result is as if nothing changed. I'm pretty knowledged in Skyrim modding, so this not working doesn't make any sense to me.

@johnvakiin

There will never be a skeleton in the mesh after running mesh rigger it only adds the nodes to the mesh like breast butt belly hand foot nodes and so forth. All you have to do is either use a skeleton or a mesh with the needed nodes that you need. I suggest never using a skeleton unless it doesn't have a lot of nodes in it otherwise when you go to select the nodes that you want you will not be able to hit ok to get mesh rigger to run because the bone node screen will be too big. Instead find a mesh that has the nodes that you want and use it for your input folder.  If both the input and target file have the same UV map like UNP to UNP you can use UV search but if the input mesh has a different UV map like CBBE and your target mesh is UNP then you can't use UV search.

I have a question. I have a armor that doesn't have a body in it so when the player wears it they have to have the body that the armor was made for and it appears over the body. But when I run it through mesh rigger it keeps adding BSDismemberSkinInstance to the 2 armor pieces which is what I think is messing up the armor pieces. Because afterwards I take the copy after it went through mesh rigger then make 4 copies of it rename them to match the _0 and _1 files then delete out the body and upper armor out of the 2 and the body and the lower armor out of the other 2 then use remove bogus nodes to remove nodes not being used. When I go into game the armors do not appear when worn and I'm pretty sure it is because it added the BSDismemberSkinInstance to them. I even tried deleting the BSDismemberSkinInstance out of the bodies before running but it still adds it.

So my  question is how do I keep it from adding it to the armor meshes?

I have a question. I have a armor that doesn't have a body in it so when the player wears it they have to have the body that the armor was made for and it appears over the body. But when I run it through mesh rigger it keeps adding BSDismemberSkinInstance to the 2 armor pieces which is what I think is messing up the armor pieces. Because afterwards I take the copy after it went through mesh rigger then make 4 copies of it rename them to match the _0 and _1 files then delete out the body and upper armor out of the 2 and the body and the lower armor out of the other 2 then use remove bogus nodes to remove nodes not being used. When I go into game the armors do not appear when worn and I'm pretty sure it is because it added the BSDismemberSkinInstance to them. I even tried deleting the BSDismemberSkinInstance out of the bodies before running but it still adds it.

So my question is how do I keep it from adding it to the armor meshes?

Have you tried already to rebuild skin partitions with nifskope? Usually that fixes it for me.

@Jarka Ruus

Skyrim uses BSDismemberSkinInstance for armor slots.

The reason they don't appear is because it adds the BSDismemberSkinInstance which in turn changes the piece from a unnamed slot to a named slot if that wasn't there then the items would show up. I temp fixed it for now by firing up the CK (creation kit) and changing the slot from unnamed to 35 - amulet for the top and 36 - ring for the lower part and repeated for the nifs. They appear but have clipping so need to figure out why they are clipping in game but not nifskope. I also tried the spells - make all skin partitions and I'm not sure what else to do for that as I have never used it before. 

This still isn't working for me. I've made a robe and tried running it through Mesh Rigger using warlockrobes_0.nif as a base. I don't get any results. No changed nif or anything. I've tried with the thin weighted male body, still nothing.

What is wrong here?

@johnvakiin

Is there a body in the robe? If there is no body in the robe then you will get a no gender error and it will close. Do you have it set to the correct gender. If it's a male armor with a male body in it then it needs to be set to male only if it's a female armor with a female body in it then it needs to be set to female only both setting is used if you are using both male and female. Say the target nif is male and the input file is female then you would have to select both. If you have it selected wrong you will get a incorrect gender selected error. There should also be a mesh_rigger.log in your save folder open it and read the last part of the log to see what is happening. Also are the meshes going to a designation folder that you selected if not they might be going somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply.

There is no body inside the robe and it was set to male just like instructed. Like I said before, i didn't see any results and nothing appeared in the target folder. It's as if the program runs but nothing is produced.

I did manage to get my custom robe working, but only by taking the skin wrap from existing robes in 3ds Max. This worked after some tweaking but I fear it's not going to be a solution once I finish the Bandos Armor I'm working on.