Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Argonians lost their immunity or resistance against poison in Skyrim. That being said, the screenshot you posted is about a quest taking place on Bleakrock Isle, an island to the north east of Skyrim. In that quest some adventurers were ambushed by frostbite spiders and the Argonian is the only one that's still standing while the others were paralyzed and carried away by the spiders.

About the actual design of the Altmer cities, well. It's certainly easier to describe something with words than to actually create the thing you just described. It's nice if you go for an exotic and alien description, but those words were written in games were the altmer cities played no part whatsoever. A city needs to look believable as in: This town looks like people could live and work there. Take Planescape:Torment for example. The whole game played in a world where the mundane was something extraordinary and yet the city of Sigil was pretty outlandish on the outside, but houses and the like were something we are all familiar with. Anyway, this is a matter of taste, I think.

Elden Root is the capital of the Altmeri Dominion for political reasons. Queen Ayrenn believes that all races of the Altmeri Dominion are equals and she wants to show them that this is her honest opinion. Not all bosmer are comfortable with being part of the Dominion and don't want that the Altmer defile their forest with their outposts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving TESO.  Basically just another Elder Scrolls game.  Keep in mind I don't like MMO's.  Didn't like WOW, Guild Wars, Conan, APB.....you get the idea, but I'm addicted to ESO.  Loving it.

As far as Lore goes......which game to date has actually followed the lore from the previous game?  Each game takes it's own liberties with the Lore to suit it's needs.  I am let down that the story is focused around a single "chosen one" when their are literally thousands of other people clearly there with you.....

Since they live in black mash.....seems logical they have those features.....

I don't see how you can defend this lore rape so proudly

Yes, I do find it strange that they removed the Argonian's immunity to poison in Skyrim.

Just to note... there's a gap of couple hundred years or more between this game and Skyrim.

Just to note... there's a gap of couple hundred years or more between this game and Skyrim.

TESO is closer to the original lore than Skyrim regarding the Argonian's immunity to poison. In TESO, they are resistant to poison. In Skyrim, they don't even have that. They are affected by poison just like everyone else. When it comes to the argonians, Skyrim is the biggest lore breaker yet. I fail to understand what the timeline has to do with that, though.

Argonian poison resistance are a race important track like the dunmer red eyes or you forget the special legacy they have with the hist?.. And not TESO does not follows the tes lores...it rapes them..

It rapes the lore not so hard as Skyrim did.

Maybe this will somewhat reduce your selective perception:

Established Lore about Argonians: Immune to poison.

TESO: Argonians are resistant to poison.

Skyrim: Argonians have no resistance against poison whatsoever.

BTW, still waiting that your mysterious friend sends you the screenshots he already showed you ages ago.

Not saying this to start anything but have anyone who has posted on this topic actually played the game? If so at least past the first couple zones? IE: Level 25?

I made it to veteran rank 1 (Level 50) and yes there are things that needs improvement. That will come in time. Many bugs have been fixed and they are introducing armor dyes, barbers, guild tabards and rumors of mini shops in the future. I am enjoying the game very much. Like people say about experimenting with sex: "dont knock it until you try it." Have faith. :)

Not saying this to start anything but have anyone who has posted on this topic actually played the game? If so at least past the first couple zones? IE: Level 25?

I made it to veteran rank 1 (Level 50) and yes there are things that needs improvement. That will come in time. Many bugs have been fixed and they are introducing armor dyes, barbers, guild tabards and rumors of mini shops in the future. I am enjoying the game very much. Like people say about experimenting with sex: "dont knock it until you try it." Have faith. :)

Ive seen a friend playing it and with all the video's ive seen not in million years they get my money for this crap.

And im not saying this or that and then doing the opposite and playing, im no hypocrit.

I stand by my principles its a money grab and the game has little to do with solo games.

If  you like it fine, but i'll wait for TES VI(not realy i think it will be even be more console port then ever not much faith in bethesda eather anymore) untill then i hope playing The Witcher 3 next year(CDProject for now have my blessings as a PC developer).

i will grim.. when i finaly catch him online... if you have friends that play teso ask to them

I do play TESO myself, but I haven't seen any Dunmer NPC with green or whathaveyou eyes. Otherwise I wouldn't ask for the screenshots - I'd just look for myself.

This is difficult. I was very happy to get an Elder Scrolls online game. My sister and I got into the Beta and started playing as a group, and it all looked great until we noticed that we actually DIDN'T play as a group. We couldn't do anything together, all our quests worked like solo quests, we could only fight a few monsters along the way (which were slightly too difficult for one alone but too easy for two), and we found ourselves constantly drifting apart. It ended when my sister realised that she couldn't get past level 10 as a healer in light armour without my help, while I played everything in heavy armour and got along fine. So she dropped out, and I started playing on my own at game release. I joined a guild... and found that it was exactly the same, people constantly running past each other, not helping, running through dungeons while I was trying to sneak, and it didn't break immersion because immersion never even got the chance to BE THERE to be broken. (Besides, I hate Teamspeak cause whenever I'm trying to talk to an NPC, the entire guild talks over it.)

I'm also not thrilled about the fact that everybody steals each other's loot. I have opened chests only to have some asshole steal the content while I open my inventory to remove some junk to make space.

Next: This is not Skyrim online, as I had hoped it would be. I had hoped we could start in Skyrim to compare it to what i knew, then happily travel on to other countries. But having to be level 30 before I could even set foot into the frozen north made me impatient with everything. I thoroughly disliked Vvardenfell, not because it was badly done (which it wasn't) but because it wasn't where I wanted to be. And when I finally got into Skyrim, it was... meh. Windhelm is cool but everything else is unrecognizable, and worse, it all looks the same, it's some generic place with wolves and zombies. AND it's only one fifth of the actual Skyrim, the rest is NOT THERE.

Which brings me to my main complaint. This isn't an open world game. It's restricted to some areas that force me to follow a questline, and when I go to Cyrodiil to try and explore it, I'll be murdered by some fellow player ten minutes in. I CAN'T GO WHERE I WANT TO GO.

The world is nice but generic and unspectacular. The questline is a railroad, and I'll never play it with another character. The main questline is boring (I knew who the Prophet was the moment he said "Varen was lost".) The leveling is horribly slow. I'm level 31, I haven't played in a month, and I don't feel the urge to jump back in because I feel alone and unsignificant in a world that doesn't give a damn about me.

I'm bored and disappointed.

If sex was as dull as ESO the human race would have died out with Adam and Eve :D

If the game is not interesting enough to hold people until more 'fluff' comes into the game, it's futile trying to argue that it will come "later", when you go into a market filled with established competitors. People pay subscription cost for the game now, not for having "faith" in the future.

And of course there's rumors about a mini shop - they have to make ready for cash-shop when they go to an alternate payment model.

I played ESO for about a month, and lvl 1-50 were fun. the quest and stories were not bad. However, once i reached the Veteran content it got tedious, the "play how you want" premise doesn´t work anymore because fights get significantly more difficult, and because of imbalances with classes and skill lines (stamina builds and heavy armor are pretty much too weak) you´re foced into a few cookie cutter builds to be efficient (especially if you want to do the "raids" and veteran dungeons). You either do all the Quests to level up, which feels like a chore, or you go to the new zone, Craglorn, and grind from Veteran level 1-12.

Also the Veteran content breaks immersion so hard, at least for me, because for one third of the game you´re playing for the alliance of your choice (Daggerfall for me), being the hero, and then after you beat Molag Bal you´re sent to the other two alliances with a pretty weak excuse (see what would have happened if you would have been the hero in another alliance, basically an alternate timeline thing) to play the other two thirds, starting as a nobody again (R.O.U.S.´s kick the butt of the "hero" that defeated Molag Bal), and after you finished one Alliance like that you wash up on the shore of the third alliance, starting as a nobody once more.

And there are lots of other issues with the game, like with group play. In a lot of quests you can´t see and help your group member if they are in a different stage of the quest or made another decision during the questdialog, ect.

My 2 cents

I saw Angry Joe's review on ESO. Is it really true that it's basically impossible to play the story line with your guild? I mean, whats the point of a massive multiplayer online of you can't play the game with your friends? 

Depends on which quest you are doing. A lot of quests use phasing for different stages and everyone that is not in that stage of phasing you are currently in is invisible for you and you can't interact with them in any way. Even when you are together in a group, everyone who is not in the same stage vanishes. That means if you want to play with friends you have to make every step together.

It's quite stupid, yes.

Maybe and maybe not... the good part is that the game will have to go free to play sooner for it. Thats awesome for me. I can't wait to play it, yet would not spend money on it with out getting into it first and heck no to a monthly fee. XD

OK, I'm going to add my two cents worth here.  I played thru half of the beta sessions and have played every TES game to be released, so I think I'm qualified to voice an opinion here. :D

The biggest thing hurting ESO right off that bat is that it is NOT a true TES game.  This showed up real quick when I had to re-roll characters at the start of the first couple of betas.  A few side quests and the ability to do the handful of quests given at each level in the order you want, gives the ILLUSION of a free to roam anywhere RPG like Skyrim, but really you're still pigeon holed into the same plotline.  It's not as bad as Star Wars TOR (next to no replay value there IMO), but there are certainly MMOs out there with more options.

Somebody is going to say "but it's new, give them time".  City of Heroes is good example of how to do it right.  AT RELEASE they had multiple story arcs you could diverge through, and they only continued to expand on it while the game was alive.  If they can do it, ESO could have done it.

While we're at it, did anybody read the Steam featured news story about the Devs all but throwing up their hands over the gold farmers absolutely running amok in the game too?  NOT good.

Then there's other things like not enough variation in armors.  Recoloring won't change that.  Red. blue or green Hondas isn't going to change the fact everybody is still driving a Honda, lol. 

The Dominion newbie yard absolutely stinks too.  Boring quests, bad voice acting, and no NPC on my own side that I didn't want to take the blade to.  The other two factions were better at least.

The density and respawn rate on baddies was insane too.  Even if I took a break to harvest for crafting (one of the few bright spots in the game), I was still killing so many foes I felt like I was in a 300 movie.

Do I even need to get started on one of the worst in-game chat systems in an MMO that I've ever seen, or the bad map & quest markers too?  O_o  Better have Vent and a headset if you want a prayer of communicating with your team.  Since most roleplaying takes place via the chat box to help aid immersion, that's a HUGE hit to what should have been a game with massive RP value.

There were serious bugs in the game right up thru the beta immediately before release day also.  Major quest lines that were broken, and had been bitched about for multiple beta tests.

*shakes head*  The game has potential, and admittedly some of the best graphics I've seen in an MMO, but even if Zenimax gets it straightened out I think it may be too late to recover from the bad start.

Going FTP sooner will only worsen the problem too, since all the trolls come out once a game goes FTP, and it'll make it even easier for the gold farmers & sellers/spammers to operate.  I'd personally prefer to see games operate on a reduced monthly fee like $5 instead of pure FTP.  That will discourage some of the worst trolls at least.  $5 every time they get banned, they'll learn to be civilized or go somewhere it's easier to be an ass.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest endgameaddiction

Ive seen a friend playing it and with all the video's ive seen not in million years they get my money for this crap.

And im not saying this or that and then doing the opposite and playing, im no hypocrit.

I stand by my principles its a money grab and the game has little to do with solo games.

If  you like it fine, but i'll wait for TES VI(not realy i think it will be even be more console port then ever not much faith in bethesda eather anymore) untill then i hope playing The Witcher 3 next year(CDProject for now have my blessings as a PC developer).

Probably see the same as Square Enix did with Final Fantasy. Release another MMO after two single game releases. Though, I am still new to the whole TES story. Just out of curiosity, what else would there be to explore other than all the areas that have been done?

Probably see the same as Square Enix did with Final Fantasy. Release another MMO after two single game releases. Though, I am still new to the whole TES story. Just out of curiosity, what else would there be to explore other than all the areas that have been done?

There's a LOT more to Nirn than just Tamriel which is only one continent about the size north america.

This section from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Tamriel

Other lands are known to exist, though they have never been seen in games. They include:

• Akavir: an often hostile continent to the east of Tamriel
  • Aldmeris: a fabled continent from which the Aldmer came to Tamriel
  • Atmora: a frigid continent to the north, home to the ancestors of the Nords
  • Cathnoquey: a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Akavir
  • Esroniet: a small island kingdom that lies between Tamriel and Akavir
  • Pyandonea: a continent to the far southwest of Tamriel, home to the Maormer
  • Roscrea: a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Atmora
  • Thras: an archipelago to the southwest of Tamriel, home of the Sload
  • Yneslea: a region of land that lies between Tamriel and Akavir
  • Yokuda: a ruined collection of islands blasted by a cataclysm to the west of Tamriel, original home of the Redguard

If I can add my two cents, I Pre-ordered the game with the Standard edition (i played no betas if you're wondering) so I had a few days of early access. Also, my first MMO.

Boy, did I enjoy those few days! It was really fun actually. I mean sure, graphics aren't that great but they're better than other MMO's. I came into the game knowing it wasn't going to be Skyrim with Multiplayer since it was made with the ability for laptops to be able to play it too. Bugs? It's an MMO/ TES game. I knew quest-breaking bugs were going to be there just from being an Elder Scrolls game. When I got to a broken quest, I sent a ticket through Bug Reporting and did a different quest. The quests were enjoyable and some were very interesting. Some were funny and some were lame. Combat I felt was a bit clunky but enjoyed some of the spells and powers, though enemies being able to melee hit you from meters away did irk me.

Money wasn't much of a problem for me. I did quests, got gold and sold the stuff I picked up. Yeah, one or two coins from a dead enemy was troubling but I got over it from the gold i was given when turning in the quest. I didn't care for the horses, since they were only faster than me when they were sprinting and I would prefer to be on the look out for hidden chests that spawned. 

I really enjoyed the game for the time I played it. I played the free month, enjoyed leveling up and crafting my weapons and armor and seeing the hell that Tamriel was in. I only have two complaints of the game, which may or may not be fixed already.

1) PvP became unbalanced FAST. I went into PvP one day a bit after the free month and saw a sea of Veteran Players against my faction. A lot of the player types were the ones that had the power to pull you a la Scorpion to kill you, being able to pull you from your keep to be slaughtered by players three times your level. Then, those Veteran players became VAMPIRES with the ability to get a swarm of bats to suck the life out of you and give to the vampire. That spell + Veteran 10 weapons and armor led to ONE Vet10 Vampire player to take one of our Outposts by HIMSELF. A whole keep of mixed levels were wiped out by one Vet10 Vampire. Never went back to PvP after that since most of our faction in PvP weren't Veteran players. But hey, there was PvE right?

2) The game was to antisocial to me after the first month. Being a PC player, most of my friends couldn't get the game since they didn't have gaming PC's. I made a few friends in ESO but for the most part, the game is just everyone trying to make it a single player game. In the zone chat, people would type, "Wanting to clear out X area. Anyone want to join in and help?" No responses. Occasionally, there would be players that would respond and join in but it would take too long. Most of the chat box was filled with people advertising their guild, people wanting to sell or buy items, the occasional gold spammer (that always got banned immediately after) or with people looking for a group for the group-mandatory dungeon. People conversing with each other was almost none existent in the zone chat and communication was limited to being forced to look for a group to clear a dungeon. 

The game was terrific to me and I hope it succeeds, truly. The thing that really made me stop playing is having no one wanting to do the Multiplayer part with.My two problems with the game were an ourobors to me. PvP and it's overleveled players made me go to PvE to level up for PvP. Though PvE got boring since no one would quest with each other so I'd go back to PvP and it'd repeat and repeat. I'm not sure if it's any different now since I stopped playing (mainly due to large patch files every few days when I have a slow internet connection) but my first month's experience was a great one.

If I can add my two cents, I Pre-ordered the game with the Standard edition (i played no betas if you're wondering) so I had a few days of early access. Also, my first MMO.

Boy, did I enjoy those few days! It was really fun actually. I mean sure, graphics aren't that great but they're better than other MMO's. I came into the game knowing it wasn't going to be Skyrim with Multiplayer since it was made with the ability for laptops to be able to play it too. Bugs? It's an MMO/ TES game. I knew quest-breaking bugs were going to be there just from being an Elder Scrolls game. When I got to a broken quest, I sent a ticket through Bug Reporting and did a different quest. The quests were enjoyable and some were very interesting. Some were funny and some were lame. Combat I felt was a bit clunky but enjoyed some of the spells and powers, though enemies being able to melee hit you from meters away did irk me.

Money wasn't much of a problem for me. I did quests, got gold and sold the stuff I picked up. Yeah, one or two coins from a dead enemy was troubling but I got over it from the gold i was given when turning in the quest. I didn't care for the horses, since they were only faster than me when they were sprinting and I would prefer to be on the look out for hidden chests that spawned. 

I really enjoyed the game for the time I played it. I played the free month, enjoyed leveling up and crafting my weapons and armor and seeing the hell that Tamriel was in. I only have two complaints of the game, which may or may not be fixed already.

1) PvP became unbalanced FAST. I went into PvP one day a bit after the free month and saw a sea of Veteran Players against my faction. A lot of the player types were the ones that had the power to pull you a la Scorpion to kill you, being able to pull you from your keep to be slaughtered by players three times your level. Then, those Veteran players became VAMPIRES with the ability to get a swarm of bats to suck the life out of you and give to the vampire. That spell + Veteran 10 weapons and armor led to ONE Vet10 Vampire player to take one of our Outposts by HIMSELF. A whole keep of mixed levels were wiped out by one Vet10 Vampire. Never went back to PvP after that since most of our faction in PvP weren't Veteran players. But hey, there was PvE right?

2) The game was to antisocial to me after the first month. Being a PC player, most of my friends couldn't get the game since they didn't have gaming PC's. I made a few friends in ESO but for the most part, the game is just everyone trying to make it a single player game. In the zone chat, people would type, "Wanting to clear out X area. Anyone want to join in and help?" No responses. Occasionally, there would be players that would respond and join in but it would take too long. Most of the chat box was filled with people advertising their guild, people wanting to sell or buy items, the occasional gold spammer (that always got banned immediately after) or with people looking for a group for the group-mandatory dungeon. People conversing with each other was almost none existent in the zone chat and communication was limited to being forced to look for a group to clear a dungeon. 

The game was terrific to me and I hope it succeeds, truly. The thing that really made me stop playing is having no one wanting to do the Multiplayer part with.My two problems with the game were an ourobors to me. PvP and it's overleveled players made me go to PvE to level up for PvP. Though PvE got boring since no one would quest with each other so I'd go back to PvP and it'd repeat and repeat. I'm not sure if it's any different now since I stopped playing (mainly due to large patch files every few days when I have a slow internet connection) but my first month's experience was a great one.

But your first sentence is where we are totally different when it concerns this game i play mmo's sinds 1999 i started with Asheron's call 1 ive played over years only SANDBOX mmo's and one themepark Guild Wars 2. My solo games are mainly RPG and majority are open world with total freedom.

My first TES was 1998 i bought Daggerfall.

So when a MMO like TESO comes along its not only a disgrace to the open free roaming world like Elder Scroll it's also a themepark badly done plus limited freedom.

My experience over the years also with other players also make me hate mmo's i just don't like it any more thats why i will never buy games like TESO for me it's a cheap money grab.

But i absolutely understand why you tried it and like it for while your new and first time MMO player good for you if you like it ive np at all if others like TESO but i don't with my back ground and experience.

Technically, that was my second sentence. 

But I disagree. I have seen others play MMO's like Diablo 2 & 3, WoW, GW2 etc and I do not find this game to be a disgrace to open world games or to TES. I think the TES spinoffs like Battlespire and Redguard were disgraces to TES since they both stripped different things from the game (Battlespire stripped open world and Redguard was completely linear). 

Archived