Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Same here, people issue, like in RL, most (or even if not, just 1% can easily put all down and trash it as lon,g it is endorsed/ok for the publisher (pk, harrasement etc).

Then, a MMO TES ?

So far, I played quite some MMORPG, but the best experience/memory came while upon private server, with either friends (previous met, or selective entry (sic).

RPG playing does require both will and memory, at last some (ahem, you are not the character you are playing, still, he is living, he is not ? > Immersion).

On that subject, stop reading now if not curious (!).

Once upon a time,

We (with friends) created a private (WOW) server, who was quite hidden (no people came out of recommendation but they where a very wide range of people, from Cops (and) to father and son, some mothers (sic, where the one wed had the most care about, as when discovering RPG, while home wife, can be far more dangerous than an affair (time + sentiments..).

Then, at some point came one, then her best buddy (teen girl), some boys, on the course of three month came then half class > kids from multiple schools over town *1, from 7 to 15, what was magistral was we suddently had enough people to get over correct event Horde side.

Of course, my previous experiences (Game Master over D&D, Anarchy Online AGM, unprofessional GM for some years over diverse MMO (cannot say for who, has we where both tester & event manager, in some case quite granted control enabled).

What we did, was to check each people individually, from us three, each with some RPG assets, and so where able to manage easily to 180 registered account and over 500 characters (while multiple "main character" was not encouraged, almost all peoples had at last one event character, while "team" hosted for some more than 40 for some of us) yep, we had several long term appaerance character, each with ingame personnal need/story/personality, and ties to selected others characters (damn, the ceremony, over 20 weedings, more than a thousand auto created events (by non admin/gm accounts, mostly unendorsed by the team, just because the setup was "ok" = made).

After we had 10 peoples, each with a correct background & character immersion, came long term tutorial, (co-opt).
First, a friend came, alright, from now on you are responsible.
New one ? Hm, who's available ? Surprising (..) they where from start to close more than required interest.

Why ?
We had a good scripter, another one who could add content (then, we did get in touch with several others RPG private and experienced sharing of resources, which lead to quite another story).

I guess the most special as to that server was that at one time, all admins where gone, so players (with 9/40 who had limited GM access) had to manage ingame content by themselves.

Damn, they survived and more, where rocking both over the forums (there, I should reckon that out of forced visit (presentation before activation of the account, background before accessing level 20) they where more people who never poster (altrough I do wonder what exactly happened, as out of some case, important agenda (downtime, events etc) where well know (of course, they was also a ingame announce system, but only ingame information was broadcasted).
So, I guess some read, did not post and then did tell others (ah, communication).

closing then, hm, quite a sad part, hosting was achieved by two of the three founder, we where able at some point to have another host, but, it never get beyond "lets go" status :x.

So, a first down of more than two month (surprise ? 35/70 (active at that time) came back on 24h once up) (no rss for that :x).
Forums, kept some messages coming until going down, lets say more than 7 years ?

There is more but I guess the point is visible, out of a robust 'education' + "responsibility", things cannot go well (sic, > liberty).

For now then, no MMO, some time over friends private server (WOW, L2, ah castle romance, ahem, that and shared exploration with good players = ahem).
(Will never know the exact ratio, but they where enough woman character to go over a wide range of scenario, and so, create correct to georgous experiences / memory).

Also, another point, RPG multiplayer server = matchmaking setup, where one flew over ocean (EU > Canada) to meet and live with a girl living there (ahem, she "stole" a lot of content (background, events scenario) for her book project, but as it was never intentended for real life profit (oh, no experiences over there ..).

And so, given the average ratio & type of players over MMORPG = no way.

Quite easy to grasp it finally, it is not ?

*1 : we had several teaching course, from ingame event creation to RL marketing (ah, posters, some did get into life changing events over that experience), communication & life care (sic, from tea preparation (Japanese way & English), to drawing & flash programming.
Forum had some fine content over their up time (more than 10 years ? !)

Pas de hasard, tout est lié. (General Semantic + quantic physics add "bene vivere", responsibility's & opening (> serendipity).

Oh, something else, as to be time proof, find people over all the world, so you can have at last one +account online over all time, and then, give people access to some tools (who's online, where, busy ?)
At some point, with 6 peoples over Canada (5 = Quebec) 3 from Asia (2x China), 2 from Africa, three from Japan and a correct range of EU players.
On that aspect, I do wonder as to time perception & management, as it seem some of the most meaningful events & otherwise content happened out of the "rush time".

(Server load was correct (ok with 200 over the overall map, but, more than 20 on the same cell = down.. So event had to be segmented & caring as to that limit + people mind as to stay "out" if not into the first (damn, how we struggle over that limit, still, tech + system hardware ..).

I can repeat that as often as you want, I don't really know why you want me to repeat 2 sentences like a broken record, but if it makes you happy, sure, why not. (...)

Random dudes who happen to work for the company that owns the IP, of course. (...)

Repeat as much as you want, it's word vs word.

People who own the IP are not random dudes. If you compare some guy from the Internet with game devs, then I can't help you.

Oh, so it's surely an oversight, it HAS to be, because Zenimax CARES! I'm so sure about it.

By the way, the whole lore of the elder scrolls universe is made up by random dudes who like pulling things out of nowhere.

Wat? Please elaborate what do you mean by random dudes.

I would say so, because the majority of the dark elves do have red eyes. I haven't seen a single dunmer NPC without red eyes yet, but I haven't seen every single NPC in this game so I can't say if there are some that don't have red eyes. I can repeat that as often as you want, I don't really know why you want me to repeat 2 sentences like a broken record, but if it makes you happy, sure, why not. The uesp wiki has a very incomplete gallery of NPCs you can find in the game and surprise, all dunmer have red or black eyes.

Random dudes who happen to work for the company that owns the IP, of course. The lore of the elder scrolls is completely made up, it's a work of fiction. Regarding the three pictures you posted earlier, the first is a dunmer, the second an altmer and the last is a bosmer. So I am not entirely sure what you are doing here, tbh.

I don't see dunmers in the picture posted... nor altmer or bosmer... just generic boring elves that again don't follow the lores on how race should be... Where is the dark eyes  bosmer should have?.... Where is the golden skin altmer should have?... Where is the red eyes ALL DUNMER should have?....

And again there are many dunmer with different eyes from red in TESO.....sadly

I can repeat that as often as you want, I don't really know why you want me to repeat 2 sentences like a broken record, but if it makes you happy, sure, why not. (...)

Random dudes who happen to work for the company that owns the IP, of course. (...)

Repeat as much as you want, it's word vs word.

People who own the IP are not random dudes. If you compare some guy from the Internet with game devs, then I can't help you.

You can look up the NPCs (well, some of them at least) in the uesp wiki. It's only word vs word when you close your eyes and refuse to look for yourself.

So the game devs wrote this book you can find in TESO: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chaotic_Creatia:_The_Azure_Plasm 

Which I linked earlier, which you obviously didn't bother to read.

Dude TESO devs can also write that Akatosh is a pink bunny... i don't care.. since no matter what they write no matter on what excuse they find to fix the broken lores..... That is just apologism a way to make damage control on the mess they did... and i honestly i don't care.....since TESO don't respect the lores..

And again... Are all the merchant supposed to be souls shriven?....because a lot of merchant in TESO don't fit on the dunmer race description...

Dude TESO devs can also write that Akatosh is a pink bunny... i don't care.. since no matter what they write no matter on what excuse they find to fix the broken lores..... That is just apologism a way to make damage control on the mess they did... and i honestly i don't care.....since TESO don't respect the lores..

And again... Are all the merchant supposed to be souls shriven?....because a lot of merchant in TESO don't fit on the dunmer race description...

You keep telling the same story. Do you have a screenshot and the name of the NPC so I can look him up in the game? Also I know that you don't care as long as you get more fuel for your hate, that's why I am not really keen on responding to you. No matter what I say, you come up with something new, no matter if it's actually true or not.

Now you are in denial state.....

Anyways i told eveything that can be told now......

I am not in denial. You claim to know that there are some dunmer merchants in the game that have the wrong eyes. I asked if you can provide a screenshot - you said you have one iirc - and the names of the NPCs so I can track them down ingame and look for myself. I have the game, it's no problem for me to find a NPC.

If you can't, than I am assuming that you don't really know what you are talking about and all you say is based on hearsay.

Well you did say "Zenimax" made the game right? wtf would they know about lore and why would they care? they are a media company not a game maker, it will be "their" failure not Bethesda's. and by the way "Zenimax" is the main company last I read. but anyway I just don't see the sense of complaining about a game your not going to play anywaybut yet you can go out and blow 5 grand on a new video card just so you can say you got the bigger, better card that plays the latest games.

It must be a bliss living in denial, when you ignore your own statements. So don't claim I'm the one that's turning your statements upside and down, inside and out when it's you yourself that does it. And I asked IF you were a troll now days. I DIDN'T call you a troll. Learn the difference. Besides it was you who had so much f****** fun when I added the Elder Scrolls Lore video about the Dark Elves. So care to explain why your f****** copy paste statement from the ESO Wiki is the only one that's valid while mine isnt?

Now you are in denial state.....

Anyways i told eveything that can be told now......

I am not in denial. You claim to know that there are some dunmer merchants in the game that have the wrong eyes. I asked if you can provide a screenshot - you said you have one iirc - and the names of the NPCs so I can track them down ingame and look for myself. I have the game, it's no problem for me to find a NPC.

If you can't, than I am assuming that you don't really know what you are talking about and all you say is based on hearsay.

i will ask a friend that is still in the game to provide them

Luckly i can still say ive not spent one CENT on this abomination called TESO, which i can't say about some others who come here, shame on you :P

Only thing i hope is it won't have any effect on the  next REAL Elder Scroll game, that's my main concern not what the fuck they do with the lore in this crappy game.

Luckly i can still say ive not spent one CENT on this abomination called TESO, which i can't say about some others who come here, shame on you :P

Only thing i hope is it won't have any effect on the  next REAL Elder Scroll game, that's my main concern not what the fuck they do with the lore in this crappy game.

Indeed.. i was lucky for me TESO was a gift....so actually a never spent a single cent on it..

I don't care about this game at all. Sure I were curious in the beginning, when it was announced. Sounded good on paper, killing stuff in Tamriel with your friends.

There are few things I can overlook, but there is other issues I just can't get past.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck about eye colors. Or any other stupid pointless arguments.

It's like saying it's wrong to have a pink sniper rifle with diamonds in a military simulator, because there aren't any in real life (ok, dumb comparison, but still) It's a game, and it's meant to be used to waste a few hours when your bored with life. Even if something was written 10-20 years ago, doesn't mean it's written in stone. Things are allowed to be changed.

Granted, sometimes it's for the better, and sometimes it's for the worse.

If the game is solid and fun. Who cares about eye colour? Cosmetics is just, cosmetics.

There are much much worse issues with this game. Issues that should had been ironed out before the release of the game.

I don't care about this game at all. Sure I were curious in the beginning, when it was announced. Sounded good on paper, killing stuff in Tamriel with your friends.

There are few things I can overlook, but there is other issues I just can't get past.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck about eye colors. Or any other stupid pointless arguments.

It's like saying it's wrong to have a pink sniper rifle with diamonds in a military simulator, because there aren't any in real life (ok, dumb comparison, but still) It's a game, and it's meant to be used to waste a few hours when your bored with life. Even if something was written 10-20 years ago, doesn't mean it's written in stone. Things are allowed to be changed.

Granted, sometimes it's for the better, and sometimes it's for the worse.

If the game is solid and fun. Who cares about eye colour? Cosmetics is just, cosmetics.

There are much much worse issues with this game. Issues that should had been ironed out before the release of the game.

THen again.. you dislikes rpg.. and TES is supposed to be and RPG....Attitude like that is why we roleplayers can't have no more a game made for us.... Is like if in those times be a roleplayer that rightly want a brand to continue to be a roleplay series is considered like being a sort of alien from another planet...

Now let me explain something...

In EVERY roleplay setting lore must have consistency to help the world to be more alive.. in depth and believable... If in a game in the lore you state all the dunmer have red eyes and black like ash skin due to a curse from a Daedric prince... it should stay in that way......

Is not just cosmetics is LORE dumner skin and eyes are PART of their HISTORY and CULTURE.... 

What you define pointless in fact is not.... LORE are the core of any rpg as long with other elements..

I know that gamers just want have a game where to bunny jump around killing evrything farming and grinding spamming LOL all the day... But TES is supposed to be a ROLEPLAY game.. not just a videogame....

And if you don't pay attention for detail like this roleplay game are not for you move along.

"Even if something was written 10-20 years ago, doesn't mean it's written in stone. ".. 

This mean you basically don't care about of RPG since lore are a key part of rpg.. if a race is like that there is no reason to change it whit out any motivation because make the world feel fake...and kills the Lore coherency that is a must for a rpg series...imagine if in The lord of the rings in the first movie Gandalf was a mage and in the second one is potrayed like a dwarf...((now you see why this is wrong?))

In this thread i listened all the opinion of the people... I was trying to prof how this game of The elder scrolls have only the name...Noone told me.. well i like it as MMO they just inisted to make appear TESO like a the elder scroll game.... but in his very heart is not... we are discussing this...

Now you will ask: then what is the problem?

Imagine if they decide a certain point to make another TES single player game keeping the changes they did with TESO....Now this will be for sure an huge problem...Since TESO broken so much the lores that a new TES with TESO lore elements will be not more a TES roleplay game but instead a warm stale soup stinking of rancid fish...

@ Mebrilla

Nowhere did I say I dislike RPG's. That one you just pulled out from your own ass. I actually love RPG's.  What I tried to say is, the color of the eyes is not the end of the world, when the core game is broken. I mean, what would you rather play. A game with a broken core mechanic or a game with functinal core mechanic?

@ Mebrilla

Nowhere did I say I dislike RPG's. That one you just pulled out from your own ass. I actually love RPG's.  What I tried to say is, the color of the eyes is not the end of the world, when the core game is broken. I mean, what would you rather play. A game with a broken core mechanic or a game with functinal core mechanic?

How a race look is part of the lore...If you are going to give an identity to a race and then change it whitout reason you will break is important because details like that gives the world depth and help to make the world feel more Believable....

A roleplayer.... Care about those kind of details..

Now you say you don't care if in a Tes game they change the race tracts in manner they ruin the lore...On consequence you don't care about the lore.. And this means you don't care of RPG if you don't care of the lores... You never told me you dislike rpg... but is evident how you don't care about rpg...and see them as just videogames like call of duty...

What i rather play is a different matter....but honestly..

Since a game is tied to the TES series... I expect it follow the Tes lores like is right to be..

Ok, so it's more important for you to have a correct eye colour than functional game as a whole.

That's interesting, because I think most people would say the opposite.

I just want to make one thing clear, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

I understand that even the tiniest of details can ruin something for some people.

But it scares me that people rather spend time arguing about less important stuff, instead of addressing the real issues.

Also what you define less important stuff is matter of your opinion.... Lore in a RPG serie must be the first thing... as a long with story... narration.... and gameplay should be developed around those factors.....not the opposite.....this is why almost all mordern RPG sucks.. because focus more with gameplay than content and lores... Roleplay game are not just ordinary videogames.... Need more elements than gameplay alone to focus on.... Also gameplay should be never make the lore change....

Is not a secret why that the best CRPG of all times have all solid lores....

I agree to some extent.. But you can't deny if, lets say 5000 people has problem with logging into the game, but no one is reporting it to the developers, but instead waste time and energy saying it "sucks" or similar, the developers will never know about the issue.

For a year I played Warframe. The core game is so broken, it's incredible. But I believed in the game, and kept playing, becuase I saw it's potention. I have spent countless of hours reporting issues, together with other players as well. But we never get heard, because the other half is screaming "MOAR WEAPONS, NERF THAT, PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, WE WANT MOAR FLUFFY STUFF NOW!!!!!!11111!!!11" even louder.

It's often the newcomers who screams the loudest, the ones that will play the game maybe for a few months only, and then move on to the next game.

But to try to keep the players playing a game, they just release new weapons, skins, and god knows what, to try cater the ones that screams the loudest.

A friend of mine is playing TESO. Or he tries to. Sometimes he can't login, sometimes the mouse don't work. Sometimes he can't activate stuff.

Do you think he cares about the lore at this point? No, he cares more about a functional game.

Something everyone should do, at least in the beginning. When all critical issues has been fixed, then you can start pointing out the "less" issues.

I also contribute when i was in the beta and even after the launch to provide feedback at zenimax not only on lore discrepancy but also about bug ... glitches... and overall problems.....i did what i can...but of course..i can't pay a subscrition in order to test their product.. 

But of course when talking in a game in a TES universe.. even if then the gameplay will work...

Will be a tes?

No because screws the lores..

Do i see potential in TESO? no.. sadly not by some factor...

1) zenimax don't care about the lores

2) Zenimax is using a policy of grab any money you can in a shameless manner (imperial edition forced to do a subscrition even to play the free days that comes with your game)

3) Selling a full price a unfinished product

4) Calling the game TES but have nothing of TES

Ok enough of this ridiculousness.  So a few dunmer in ESO might not have red eyes (never seen an npc without them, but at the same time I haven't played on the pact) just because a few of their eyes aren't red doesn't mean the culture is going to be destroyed.  "Oh lawdy loo our eyes aren't red anymore fellow dunmer!  Lets for this reason alone stop worshipping Azura and the Tribunal and instead attach carrots to our foreheads and start worshipping frogs and rename our race to the Floopty Doo Wubmers, because fuck our culture our eyes are different now!"  Personally I've never played a dunmer without red eyes and that's how I will always play one.  There is also no doubt in my mind that when ES6 is released every dunmer will also have red eyes, but what I also know for a fact is that we will also be finding books that will be about the soulburst because like it or not many (keyword there 'many' not 'all') of the lore additions and changes brought about by TESO are now part of the TES lore, and that isn't a bad thing.  One of the things I would do in Oblivion and Skyrim was collect the ingame books and read them, I would also refuse to read certain book sets until I had acquired every single volume.  I love the tes lore, but I'm not fanatical about it, and I welcome some of these lore changes and additions.  However getting bent out of shape over something so insignificant as eye color and going around acting like because of this the world of TES is going to end is pathetic.  Also how many times do I have to say this Mebrilia?  Hopefully just this second time, the general appearance of all the elves have changed throughout the games, the elven races in Oblivion looked different from the ones in Morrowind, and the ones in Skyrim looked much different from the ones in both previous games, infact the only thing that was consistent are the general eye color, skin tone, and pointy ears.

Oh and Mebrilia, stop saying your 'debating' because your not.  In the beginning you were debating with people, it was civil and it was entertaining to read, but that is no longer the case.  Now your bitching and spewing endless hate, while at the same time trying to mask it, by making it look like your debating.  You are literally picking at every little flaw in the game and even making a few up.  Example, you complained earlier that winged twilights are only in the realm of Azura and that TESO violated this part of the lore by having them in Cold Harbour, even though Molag Bal's daughter, Molag Grunda, is a winged a twilight.  Now I'm not going to sit here and defend TESO, I already stated my opinion about it and unlike you and some others, I don't feel the need to repeat it endlessly.  However I have grown tired of your constant bitching and whining, were it simply confined to this single thread I wouldn't care, but it isn't.  Another thing is that many whom have had views differing from yours you have literally gone out of your way to challenge them, as if your purposely trying to pick fights with people here all the while claiming your debating.  Your behavior is nothing short of childish.  How old are you Mebrilia?  According to your profile you are 31 years old, that is too damn old for you to be behaving like this.

Now I don't want to be mean, I don't like being mean, but this has gone on long enough.  Now your probably going to challenge me, and claim that I'm wrong, that you are just debating, that your not bitching and that your not acting like a child, well I say go ahead,  Go ahead and say these things, and then immediately contradict yourself with the sentances that will follow in your post as you have done all the other times someone has called you out for being childish.  You can sit there and say your an adult, but I will simply say prove it.  Prove your an adult, by turning around and walking away from this whole TESO thing.  You have stated your opinion about this game more times than needed.  Infact you have done so more times than anyone else.  I wonder just how many of your posts from your post count are from you trashing this game?  We get it, you hate this game, you hate it exists, and time and again you have told us why.  Its seriously time for you to give it a rest, actually past time, and the more you sit here and continue to argue and complain the more childish you prove yourself to be.  That's not opinion either, that's a fact.

I just tell a single thing then i will shrug at your attitude: Lore are nice.... when they evolve forward... not when they go backward....this mean if a race is an a certain manner for a reason you can't change it simply for "is kewl to have forgotten realms drow clones" you can make the lore evolve avoiding to break them... Tes is a rpg series...lore are the key for it... who don't give a damn about the lores or who things lore can change like a pair of panties.. don't know what a roleplay game is..and should move to play action game...end of line..

Again Molag bal is associated with rape... he even sodomized vivec making it gave birth from the arse..... I am not suprise if her daughter was a winged twilight since molag bal loves to rape..

"nsignificant as eye color " are not so insignificant when they are tied to the dunmer lore and culture.......claiming that you kinda prof my point....

And not i am not here to fight with anyone.. i am just a roleplayer that expect to a brand created like an rpg at least to stay loyal to himself....to avoid the end of other franchises or dev houses ((like bioware)) my is just concerning TES will come in this way and what happen with TESO make my concern grow...

(but that's a my problem i am just unhappy on how devs in modern time split in the face to loreplayer making rpg for people that don't like rpg...so i feel a bit touchy on the argument"

The eyes are not a corner stone of the dunmer culture....it is their skin color.  Their skin color is why they're called dunmer, why they are the dark elves.  Their eyes could be blue, white, or even yellow, as long as their skin is that color then they will remain the dunmer.  The eyes might be a part of the curse, but they in no way effect their culture.  Now if their favorite color was red and liked to style a lot of their builidings and such around the color red because of their eyes being red THEN you would actually be right.  As it is this is not the case.  So yes, their eye color doesn't matter that much.  My point, that in no way proves any point of yours, is that getting so very upset that a few dunmer don't have red eyes is ridiculous and acting as though its going to be the end of who they are and their culture, is retarded.  Now as I said, I won't ever play a dunmer without red eyes, because I agree with you their eyes should be red, but I will not get upset over it if a few end up being different.

Lore is important, to me it is the backbone of a story.  It is what explains and gives reason to why things are the way that they are, and where as I would personally prefer not to change the lore once it has been established, I would be fine with it aslong as a good reason for it existed and everything referencing what has been changed was also changed for the sake of consistency.  So let me be clear here and say this one final time, if you want to be upset about their eye color then do so.  However, do not go around acting as if it is the end of their people and the world of TES, because that is just stupid.  Now again, you have stated your thoughts on this more times than necessary its as if you think we didn't see it the first or second or third or 4th time you said it.  Be upset Mebrillia, express your anger about something, state it preferably once.  Twice if you feel you need to, try to atleast draw the line around 4 times, but after that keep it to yourself.  Otherwise you will come off like you are bitching and acting like a child.

Archived