Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Diablo is not a MMO its a hack and slash action game with rpg elements.

Open world RPG's like Elder Scroll 1-5 have nothing to do with TESO period besides some lore and same name, no discussion because TESO is not a open world game plus total freedom which TES games have.

WoW and Guild Wars 2 same are TESO are theme parks no real freedom follow path have nothing to do with open game worlds and freedom which you don;t have in WoW-GW2 or TESO.

By first sentence you know what i mean (first mmo)hehe

Your new to MMO you only watch some by friend and its obvious your new other wise you would not confuse  a hack and slash action  rpg game with mmo in the first place.

Sandbox are open world and freedom you can do what ever you want(Skyrim and early installments are open worlds with total freedom whats not to understand here?)

Themeparks are follow the path guided by the game no real freedom.

Why you mention spinoffs is beyond me?... it have nothing to do with my argument about this subject and reply i gave.

Im not attacking your style you like im fine with that and hope you enjoy it a lot.

If your here to win your argument then i suggest take step back and start researching first what are open world games with total freedom and games like TESO or other theme parks you mentions learn what the difference is because you will never win this argument ever.

Just enjoy what you like that's more importend then try win a argument about TESO is good or bad or its open game or not.

Have fun with TESO.

I don't play mmos so I cannot compare with anything. I did play the beta (not much) and my feeling is that it is not a real mmo. I feel more that it is mainly a solo game with cooperative features in public environment. Why I say this ? Because you rarely confront other people (at least it didn't happen to me) so the other players are like npcs in a solo game. You may interact and  team up with them to accomplish some quests but tha's cooperative stuff. So may be it's an interesting story but I don't see why I should pay a monthly fee for playing this kind of game. I prefer my sandbox solo game with total freedom.

The DUMB DOWN ROAD STARTED with ESO zenimax give in on the whiners.

They just annouce they gonne make vetran alot more easy because many complaints(whine and cry is more accurade :P )on forum.

Whiners always get there way lol

Guest endgameaddiction

Gotta love when they nerf the MMOs because people complain so much about class/jobs getting more love than others. Or the simple fact that the new comers want a free pass to high level so instead they give a low blow to the loyal veteran players.

Wait wait wait wait. So now this discussion is about winning an argument? I thought it was general discussion? 

I assumed Diablo was an MMO because there is multiplayer, PvP, an auction house and classes. In ESO, there is a path, sure. It doesn't mean you have to follow it. In a level 25 zone, I've seen players at Level 5. I've seen level 10 players joining a public dungeon built for level 30 players.

Besides, ESO was never marketed as a sandbox game. It was sold as an MMO with RPG elements and set in Tamriel.

I mentioned the spinoffs because I felt like those disgraced TES more than ESO, so it does relate to the reply you gave. Also, for a game you seem to be very disinterested in, you seem to keep tabs with it for some reason  :P

Not winning, just corrected you about whats a mmo, but that seems not helping much so you win ok :P .

MMO=Massive Multiplayer Online.

RPG=Role Playing Game.

A game that have multiplayer don't mean is MMO.

Diablo is not massive and it also have no persistend world thats 24/7 hours online.

Its have semi RPG elements its not real RPG ala TES games(solo games)

Who said ESO was sandbox?

With little bit knowledge you know ESO is a themepark from the beginning they annouced it so dunno what you mean with someone said it was sandbox?

It don't relate at all about spinoffs, but if you think so fine by me.

If someone in a discussion say something then you can reply and not about winning a arguement you just give your view and opinion on the subject of the topic thats all.

Auction house PvP Classes is not exclusive for MMO'S so no when a RPG have auction house or PvP don't mean it's a mmo.

Some even call DayZ a mmo (STEAM say its a mmo) but its not a MMO, its limited to 40 players per server thats not massive it have no classes no rpg no auction house it's just a open sandbox world thats all.

I lost so you don't have to reply i wanne win :D

Once you play a game you can mod the living hell out of no other game will compare no matter how good it is. Even if ESO was good it still can't compare to a game such as Skyrim that allows you to make it something truly yours. Zeni had it's head in the clouds thinking it could make a MMO that could go in the same league as any TES game.

Absolutely right on. It spoils you forever. 

In a strange sort of way I get something of the old MMO vibe when I mod my Skyrim. I spend far more time discussing what goes on in my single player game than I would ever want to do normally.

There's something of that old school MMO spirit in my modded Skyrim setup, it's a very tough and uncompromising place to be. Round every corner is an opportunity to get my ass kicked by a pissed off mummy bear and her ravenous cubs, or I might get one shotted in the head by a bandit I didn't even know was tracking me. 

Modded Skyrim is the literal opposite of what TESO wants to be in my view, it's the antidote to one of the single most fucking boring advents in video gaming history, the utterly brainless bimbo theme park MMO.

Zenimax tried to play it save to much. It's the same problem with The Old Republic. They poured so much money into it, had one or two nifty ideas (the freeform character development in case of ESO) but then were to afraid over their investment to take some risks and really make a game that stands out.

If the game follows the same old formula as WOW, then why do they think people will "leave" WOW for any amount of time after the initial appeal has worn off.

I can't even say i "hate" ESO. Hate implies i have some kind of investment in the product. I find it so bland and uninteresting that i don't care for it at all.

You know an MMO that really stands out? Eve Online. Now that's a game that's not competing with WOW.

I like the feel of the engine and combat a lot more. It's not floaty like gamebryo. Questing was pretty entertaining until the later game got grindy.

Yeah, they are scrapping the Veteran-levels completely now. Apparently the complaints about the mindcrushing grind got too loud. Although now others are complaining that this making ESO even easier than before so idk.

The few people i know who are playing ESO are telling me that step is steering ESO even more toward a Solo-MMO.

It will never be as succeful as Skyrim nomatter how hard they try and it will be badly made thempark that will never have succes of WoW. Its failed from the moment they annouced it.

Now they desperately try dumbdown road how stupid can they be at Zenimax this beyond me.

No open world

No freedom

no mods

Badly made themepark

50$ plus 15$ a month how dumb can they be :D

IT'S FAIL!!!

Soon to be annouced FREE 2 PLAY :P

I've just spent a night playing GW2 after a year away, and I had a total blast on my engineer. it might not be to a lot of folks taste, but it's about as far forward as any theme park MMO is ever going to get it seems to me, not sure where else they can go.

But one thing for certain in my mind at least, TESO doesn't manage to justify it's sub, not when GW2 does similar things far better than it's currently managing. The only way I can see it becoming successful long term without going FTP is if they bite the bullet and do a FFXIV style relaunch with new guts. FTP it is then, 9 months in?

I quit mmo's after GW 2. I hate the endless grind it always turns out to be. Don't get me wrong i think GW2 is the better mmooff the moment. However it will never beat GW 1. They had almost everything right with that one. Even the hero's came at the exact right time.

The game was loosing players in anticipation of GW2, became harder to form parties and it let you play on your own when you only had little time to play.

overpowered, yes, but man was it fun to manage your heroes to kill bosses for you.

Anyway, the main problem with mmo's is the grindfest it always becomes, the inability to cater to both hardcore and casual players and the lack of non fantasy mmo's. It's time for a Fallout or Shadowrun (the paper and pencil one) mmo. I'd like to see CD projekt's view on a mmo based on their upcoming Steampunk 2077.

Why always play the hero? Why not take on the role of a shopkeeper with a questline of it's own to fill your shop with items other players need? The better you get the better items you can sell all the way up to becoming a powerfull relic/unique item seller never bothering once about the mainquestline. Focus on becoming a weapon or armor smith and become the one everyone wants to buy armor from. Build in the possibility to make unique skins and import them into the game. Want to open an inn and become the place to be for all those heroes to rest and spend their money on drunk and food. Your questline would be to hunt down and secure rare spices, drinks and food, not fight bosses and grind dungeons. You could hire a hero to do that for you while you bother with running your inn and turning it into the place to be.

Combine it with elements from secondlife, simms, create a real online world. You can go offline just make sure your inn is stocked. Auto smith armor and weapons while you are offline to be able to keep up with demand or finish ordersn

in time. Only thing you need to do is gather the materials while you are online. The develloper that manages all that has the WoW killing mmo.

Bought it , played till level 20 and uninstalled it in less than 7 days... is my new MMO record.
For a game with 5 year of development on his back is a big failure. No open world, poor level design, bugged quest, etc, etc...
The only good thing was the music, and that is not enough for me.

I quit mmo's after GW 2. I hate the endless grind it always turns out to be. Don't get me wrong i think GW2 is the better mmooff the moment. However it will never beat GW 1. They had almost everything right with that one. Even the hero's came at the exact right time.

The game was loosing players in anticipation of GW2, became harder to form parties and it let you play on your own when you only had little time to play.

overpowered, yes, but man was it fun to manage your heroes to kill bosses for you.

Anyway, the main problem with mmo's is the grindfest it always becomes, the inability to cater to both hardcore and casual players and the lack of non fantasy mmo's. It's time for a Fallout or Shadowrun (the paper and pencil one) mmo. I'd like to see CD projekt's view on a mmo based on their upcoming Steampunk 2077.

Why always play the hero? Why not take on the role of a shopkeeper with a questline of it's own to fill your shop with items other players need? The better you get the better items you can sell all the way up to becoming a powerfull relic/unique item seller never bothering once about the mainquestline. Focus on becoming a weapon or armor smith and become the one everyone wants to buy armor from. Build in the possibility to make unique skins and import them into the game. Want to open an inn and become the place to be for all those heroes to rest and spend their money on drunk and food. Your questline would be to hunt down and secure rare spices, drinks and food, not fight bosses and grind dungeons. You could hire a hero to do that for you while you bother with running your inn and turning it into the place to be.

Combine it with elements from secondlife, simms, create a real online world. You can go offline just make sure your inn is stocked. Auto smith armor and weapons while you are offline to be able to keep up with demand or finish ordersn

in time. Only thing you need to do is gather the materials while you are online. The develloper that manages all that has the WoW killing mmo.

I prefer GW2's traditional open world to GW1's instanced one, plus I wasn't keen on how the maps were limited to defined corridors. But I agree that a few things about it were better like the skills system and the general gear design had much more flair too. 

When GW2 came out and turned out to be better than most of the mmos with a sub let alone the ftp ones, I thought we'd seen the end of the sub model. I think that's why it's being given the kicking it's getting. I remember in the press a year before TESO's release that it was still speculated what sort of finance model it would have, but the evidence suggests a game that would have really suited Arenanet's model but really doesn't suit WoW's. 

And what you're describing is exactly what would have justified not only the use of the Elder Scrolls property but also would have pretty much guaranteed I'd be paying a sub now, and I bet anybody else who's a TES and MMO fan - they'd have absolutely romped it if they'd had some balls. That's why I think it's a monumental fuck up rather than just a very average MMO. 

But they don't give a fuck, they'll still make a lot of benjamins. 

Archived