Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

It's a matter of personal opinion, but I was hugely disappointed with the graphic design of the "new elves" in ESO. The elves  introduced in Skyrim, clearly looked like a distinct biological species, as opposed to just humans except prettier and with pointy ears. Compared with that, the elves of ESO are a step back - now they look exactly like the fantasy elven stereotype in every other bog-standard Korean MMO. I can understand how some people didn't really dig the whole "UFO guys from Roswell" elven look and prefer them as pretty as possible. However, modders COULD make the elves attractive while still retaining the art direction taken to them in Skyrim -  for example the Ethereal Elven Overhaul.

Another would be Jenassa from the latest version of the Bijin Warmaidens mod.

She's just gorgeous AND still has that "alien species" look. This is what sets apart TES elves from all other fantasy elves IMO.

Maybe designers should take a look once in a while at what the gaming community creates, and try to incorporate those trends into their future games.

To clear things up on my side, my point was: whenever devs make a change to something well established in lore, they should provide an explanation. Doesn't matter if it's a corner stone or not.

So the game devs wrote this book you can find in TESO: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chaotic_Creatia:_The_Azure_Plasm 

Which I linked earlier, which you obviously didn't bother to read.

IN9JLuO.jpg

The eyes are not a corner stone of the dunmer culture....it is their skin color.  Their skin color is why they're called dunmer, why they are the dark elves.  Their eyes could be blue, white, or even yellow, as long as their skin is that color then they will remain the dunmer.  The eyes might be a part of the curse, but they in no way effect their culture.  Now if their favorite color was red and liked to style a lot of their builidings and such around the color red because of their eyes being red THEN you would actually be right.  As it is this is not the case.  So yes, their eye color doesn't matter that much.  My point, that in no way proves any point of yours, is that getting so very upset that a few dunmer don't have red eyes is ridiculous and acting as though its going to be the end of who they are and their culture, is retarded.  Now as I said, I won't ever play a dunmer without red eyes, because I agree with you their eyes should be red, but I will not get upset over it if a few end up being different.

Lore is important, to me it is the backbone of a story.  It is what explains and gives reason to why things are the way that they are, and where as I would personally prefer not to change the lore once it has been established, I would be fine with it aslong as a good reason for it existed and everything referencing what has been changed was also changed for the sake of consistency.  So let me be clear here and say this one final time, if you want to be upset about their eye color then do so.  However, do not go around acting as if it is the end of their people and the world of TES, because that is just stupid.  Now again, you have stated your thoughts on this more times than necessary its as if you think we didn't see it the first or second or third or 4th time you said it.  Be upset Mebrillia, express your anger about something, state it preferably once.  Twice if you feel you need to, try to atleast draw the line around 4 times, but after that keep it to yourself.  Otherwise you will come off like you are bitching and acting like a child.

I suggest you to read carefully the curse of azura on them.. Eyes are equally important as their skin.... the curse mention both.. At this point you are just being denial chosing to consider just the convenient side chosing "skin matters but eye not so much" is not about bitching..is not even acting childish..is the will to have things  done right... You know what? at the time Dragon age 2 was developed a lot of people when i expressed my concern told me... now you are just bitching... now you are just being childish and then some of those people contacted me with apology when their beloved franchise turned in a total piece of garbage...

When you force a change in a estabilished lore you create a broken lore.... Lore always must evolve forward not backward...Is SHIT like that the distinction between good rpg and garbage rpg...

I provided example... example you see to ignore.... Instead discussing you are calling me childish...Then do me a favour..ignore my post and come back when you learn some education...thanks

And yes i have to agree with Degren

(and onestly only the fact i must keep posting this line and people still debate that eye color of dunmer are not important on the lore prof again my point)

' May the eyes of the Changed Ones be turned as red as this volcanic ash, and may their skin be as blackened as their hearts. The accursed drawn, blood from the master spilled, and a curse shown in the race of these folk, forever-more"

By terms of contract they offer you 30 free days but force you to pay for a monthly sub in order to receive it.

Which is a bit of a dick move.

This reminds me about the Planetside 2 move.

40€ for joining the beta, and when the beta ends you get 40€ worth of game bits.

One month after the game releases, there is a 3x1 discount on game bits, wich turns the 40€ beta bundle into 10.33€ worth essentially.

Honestly, how much time do you guys give this game before it goes F2P? I mean I been wanting to play it a bit for the sake of playing the latest "Elder Scrolls" game, but I just don't feel that 15 dollar fee for a theme park game is worth it.

is not up to me... my friend have to make it for me... while another cute example of lore breaking...

lol i assume even Argonian poison resistence was a transcription error like the jungle of cyrodill?

Argonian from (skyrim): Argonians (they prefer Saxhleel in Jel, their native tongue, a word that seems to mean "People of the Root") are the little-understood reptilian denizens of Black Marsh. Years of defending their borders have made the Argonians experts in guerrilla warfare, and their natural abilities make them equally at home in water and on land. They have developed natural immunities to the diseases and poisons that have doomed many would-be explorers and conquerors of the region, and have been known to exude a sharp, faintly sulfurous odor when agitated. Very old Argonians can be distinguished by their paler, even translucent, scales. Their seemingly expressionless faces belie a calm intelligence, and many Argonians are well-versed in the magical arts. Others rely on stealth or steel to survive, and their natural agility makes them adept at either. They are, in general, a reserved people, slow to trust and hard to know, yet they are fiercely loyal, and will fight to the death for those they have named as friends.

While Argonians appear reptilian in nature at first glance, they also exhibit qualities of fish and amphibians: they are able to breathe underwater through small gills behind their ears, and swim using the same method as that of a tadpole or eel by moving their tail side-to-side to propel through the water. Argonians possess the most alien personalities in all of Tamriel from a human or meric perspective and it is often assumed that Argonians possess neither personality nor emotions. Of course this is not true; Argonians simply do not facially express their emotions as much as man and mer do, though anger is easily detectable from their bared teeth and narrowed eyes. Argonians' genders are sometimes referred to as life-phases, implying they may be able to change gender. It is said that upon exiting the juvenile stage of life, an Argonian will lick Hist sap in order to stimulate the hormonal glands, which sprout appropriate organs from which the Argonian's gender can be determined. However, this is unconfirmed, and Argonian hatchlings may apparently be of either gender. Argonian appearance ranges from reptilian to almost human; this is caused by the Hist sap they ingest as hatchlings which ceremonially takes place on their Naming Day. Ancient cave paintings depict figures which appear to be more tree-like than Argonian.

For more information on the Argonian people, see the Lore article on Argonians.

[edit]In-Game Description

This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their Black Marsh homeland, has developed a natural resistance to diseases and the ability to breathe underwater. They can call upon the Histskin to regenerate health very quickly.

And of course on the bosmer: 

The Bosmer are the Elven clan-folk of Valenwood, a forested province in southwestern Tamriel. In the Empire, they are often referred to as Wood Elves, but Bosmer, Boiche, or the Tree-Sap people is what they call themselves. Bosmer rejected the stiff, formal traditions of Aldmeri high culture, preferring a more romantic, simple existence in harmony with the land, its wild beauty and wild creatures. They are relatively nimble and quick in body and wit compared to their more "civilized" Elven cousins, making them well-suited for a variety of professions, including scouts, thieves, traders and scholars. The best archers in all of Tamriel, the Bosmer snatch and fire arrows in one continuous motion; they are even rumored to have invented the bow. They have many natural and unique abilities; notably, they can command simple-minded creatures and have a nearly chameleon-like ability to hide in forested areas. As part of their Green Pact they are religiously carnivorous and cannibalistic; they also do not harm the vegetation of Valenwood, though they are not averse to using wooden or plant-derived products created by others.

bqgj.jpg

Warning lore rape content: seriously Lawrence is splitting in the face in evrithing the briliant  Kirkbride wrote this is repulsing at this point is clear they just want a mmo generic stupid title... 

2rggh03.png

n48aq1.png

what? O_o

68gdmp.png

Archived