BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

I'm having an odd issue, when i try to load Nifs outfits from Heimu Clothes Pack http://eiheispot1.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-108.htmlthey don't show up in OS. They load in game but are UNPB and i use CBBE Hdt i wanted to convert, problem is with version 2.2d and 2.3. The outfits load into NifSkope just fine.

Could you try with v2.5 please?

Hmmm OS crashes when I save project.. I'm using the latest version 2.5

I'm looking into stuff like that while I refactor the NIF code.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few feature suggestions for OS :)

Camera controls:

• access preset view points like front / side / top
  • orthogonal / 2D view? (big question mark here)

Brush:

• weighting smooth brush - this could work as an area brush, or at least on single vertices so it checks the neighbours and interpolates to a medium value between them
  • snap vertex to vertex - this would allow to snap a vertex from one mesh to another mesh, example to line up (partial) vanilla hands to the UUNP seam or maintain alignment on multi-mesh outfits like the CT77 Wench

I have a few feature suggestions for OS :)

Camera controls:

• access preset view points like front / side / top
  • orthogonal / 2D view? (big question mark here)

Brush:

• weighting smooth brush - this could work as an area brush, or at least on single vertices so it checks the neighbours and interpolates to a medium value between them
  • snap vertex to vertex - this would allow to snap a vertex from one mesh to another mesh, example to line up (partial) vanilla hands to the UUNP seam or maintain alignment on multi-mesh outfits like the CT77 Wench

There already is a weight smoothing brush. Hold shift to use it, you might need a higher brush strength. It's dangerous using it, though, because it removes a lot of curves and doesn't always smooth the way you would expect it to (it's the same algorithm as the normal smooth brush).

I have a "vertex move" dialog that you can access with the V key, but it's not a snap. That was my original intent, but it would require me to make all shape's vertices available for selection in the view, which is the complete opposite of what OS usually does. So I'll have to think some more about that.

I'll see what I can do about the front/side/top and orthogonal.

There already is a weight smoothing brush. Hold shift to use it, you might need a higher brush strength. It's dangerous using it, though, because it removes a lot of curves and doesn't always smooth the way you would expect it to (it's the same algorithm as the normal smooth brush).

I have a "vertex move" dialog that you can access with the V key, but it's not a snap. That was my original intent, but it would require me to make all shape's vertices available for selection in the view, which is the complete opposite of what OS usually does. So I'll have to think some more about that.

Learning new things every day, thanks for the fast reply :)

Just checked the vertex move dialogue, i think that can work when i write down the exact coords of the target vertex first, then move the other one on top of it.

No idea how a code for a "snap" could work, but this would make larger operations much more convenient. I thought about simply moving one vertex within a certain pre-defined distance to another mesh, then it would snap right onto it.

Camera controls would be a big quality of life improvement, currently there can be an awful lot of zooming and panning - and when i have 2 OS windows open for better reference comparison, it is impossible to re-align the camera in both windows after moving it once.

PS.: okay and the weight smooth function seems to work very nice, exactly what i need ;)

Learning new things every day, thanks for the fast reply :)

Just checked the vertex move dialogue, i think that can work when i write down the exact coords of the target vertex first, then move the other one on top of it.

No idea how a code for a "snap" could work, but this would make larger operations much more convenient. I thought about simply moving one vertex within a certain pre-defined distance to another mesh, then it would snap right onto it.

Camera controls would be a big quality of life improvement, currently there can be an awful lot of zooming and panning - and when i have 2 OS windows open for better reference comparison, it is impossible to re-align the camera in both windows after moving it once.

PS.: okay and the weight smooth function seems to work very nice, exactly what i need ;)

Added front/back/left/right buttons, perspective/orthographic toggle and field of view slider.

http://i.imgur.com/JMGYHrv.png

Added front/back/left/right buttons, perspective/orthographic toggle and field of view slider.

Great! :)

BTW i forgot another suggestion, what about a weight brush that always paints a specified weight? Like enter "0.5" in a box, then the brush always paints exactly 0.5.

Can you explain? I don't really know what the use of that could be.

BTW i forgot another suggestion, what about a weight brush that always paints a specified weight? Like enter "0.5" in a box, then the brush always paints exactly 0.5.

I actually do have a good example :)

post-134589-0-05451800-1433543011_thumb.jpg

That is the Skaal outfit from the UNP Minidress Collection, in the picture you can see this horn attached to the hip. The author painted it in exactly these weights, probably to have it move as a more solid object:

Pelvis: 0.84017

R Thigh: 0.05

Spine: 0.10983

After using either weight copy method, this will be painted all over with any surrounding weights. Now this could also be restored by loading the original mesh as reference, applying a mask and transferring weight, but AFAIK loading a non-OS mesh as reference will remove all the sliders?

I actually do have a good example :)

attachicon.gifOS-weightbrush01.jpg

That is the Skaal outfit from the UNP Minidress Collection, in the picture you can see this horn attached to the hip. The author painted it in exactly these weights, probably to have it move as a more solid object:

Pelvis: 0.84017

R Thigh: 0.05

Spine: 0.10983

After using either weight copy method, this will be painted all over with any surrounding weights. Now this could also be restored by loading the original mesh as reference, applying a mask and transferring weight, but AFAIK loading a non-OS mesh as reference will remove all the sliders?

If all you want to do is copy weights, you can simply, after having saved the project, load the NIF from ShapeData, copy weights to it and export the NIF, overwriting it. Since you neither have to load nor save sliders to copy weights.

Yeah it would be useful for that. It might work to turn on "Edit Connected Only", set the brush strength to what you need, the brush size to the max and click one time.

While you're still taking suggestions - what about "Camera Zoom Strength" controls?

Sometimes when working on really tiny details, the camera can jump too far into the mesh with the default zoom increments.

Yeah it would be useful for that. It might work to turn on "Edit Connected Only", set the brush strength to what you need, the brush size to the max and click one time.

Ah yeah i totally forgot about the "edit connected only" function. Is there any way to visually distinguish these separate meshes? Because these "un-connected" meshes all just show up as one single NiTriShape in NifSkope (or Mesh/Outfit in OS).

If all you want to do is copy weights, you can simply, after having saved the project, load the NIF from ShapeData, copy weights to it and export the NIF, overwriting it. Since you neither have to load nor save sliders to copy weights.

Good idea, thanks

While you're still taking suggestions - what about "Camera Zoom Strength" controls?

Sometimes when working on really tiny details, the camera can jump too far into the mesh with the default zoom increments.

Ah yeah i totally forgot about the "edit connected only" function. Is there any way to visually distinguish these separate meshes? Because these "un-connected" meshes all just show up as one single NiTriShape in NifSkope (or Mesh/Outfit in OS).

I'd rather add a "Hold SHIFT + hold middle mouse button" feature to zoom the camera more accurately (I think Blender etc. have that for the same reason).

They're connected if at least one edge connects the parts. So mostly you can find out by trying out or looking closely.

I'd rather add a "Hold SHIFT + hold middle mouse button" feature to zoom the camera more accurately (I think Blender etc. have that for the same reason).

Done.

Ok, sliders sound cool, but I don't see how they can be better in most instances and here's why. I've converted hundreds of clothes/armors now and the only moving that ever needs to be done is either the old caliente/cbbe move (which you have covered as a button, thank you so much) or a huge value when the meshes are way out of whack like in the 120+ range. I can't recall having to move any pieces 2 4 5 or even smaller amounts, they are either lined up, way the hell out, or caliente offset. Anyway thanks for all your work :)

Ok, sliders sound cool, but I don't see how they can be better in most instances and here's why. I've converted hundreds of clothes/armors now and the only moving that ever needs to be done is either the old caliente/cbbe move (which you have covered as a button, thank you so much) or a huge value when the meshes are way out of whack like in the 120+ range. I can't recall having to move any pieces 2 4 5 or even smaller amounts, they are either lined up, way the hell out, or caliente offset. Anyway thanks for all your work :)

It's still useful. Even if they're off by 120, you can type that into the box and apply it. Then you can open the move dialog again and use the sliders for the accurate matching. I could make the sliders go from -120 to 120, but then they would be useless as you don't have any precision when moving them anymore.

Is it possible to set the brightness and contrast down in the 3D window of the Outfit Studio? 

attachicon.giftoobright.jpg

I have a different question - what is going on with your rendering in the program? :P

It shouldn't look that bright and purple/cyan.

Or did you manually load a texture that looks like that intentionally?

Is it possible to set the brightness and contrast down in the 3D window of the Outfit Studio? 

I have a different question - what is going on with your rendering in the program? :P

I loaded the original *_msn.dds textures. 

Same problem with *.jpg

I loaded the original *_msn.dds textures. 

Same problem with *.jpg

Yeah, the brightness was increased with OS, as most textures are more on the dark side because in-game lighting makes them brighter again, otherwise you would barely see things.

I was thinking about making the 3 lights completely customizable in general before already. My problem isn't how to do it, but rather how to not clutter the UI (and I don't want to have it open a new window for it).

I will use 3dsmax and import the adjusted meshes. 

Are you the programmer of the tool? 

Can you add please *.3ds or *.fbx support for export/import meshes. 

Not really planning to. It already exports .obj meshes, something wrong about them?

Archived