Ok i will have to do all that questline before i have the possibility to start the civil war questline then.

I have updated yesterday LAL, so maybe in the previous version "roumors about Helgen" did not block the other quests.

I will get to the point in which I have to speek to Balgruuf, then I will go to Windhelm to enroll in the stormcloacks.

Thanks to your suggestions I have finally managed to start the quest!

It is a long time since I played the standard civil war missions... I got the chastity belt during the oath but then? when there will be differences? 

I recovered the crown from the 1st mission and now I have to go back to Ulfric... I hope to see something there awaiting my PG.

If I am correct the civil war crosses the main story mission at a certain point, I don't want to play the whole game again.

You can pickpocket the master belt key from Galmar (if you're playing as Stormcloak) and use it to unlock your belt.  When you next report to Galmar there will be a scene.  If your character likes punishment, hide the key someplace safe and use it to take off the belt before seeing Galmar for each mission.

I have tried the punishment but i had a bug: at the end of the long long night, he cames back and release me, but in the process he removes the belt, then he is immediately upset and repeat. :(

I have tried to reload and try to manually equip the belt from inventory, but the message says: you cannot remove this item.

Then i escaped the dialogue and noticed that also the collar, even if removed from inventory is still visible on the charachter

• 1 month later...

Something that's low priority but may be useful to add is proper object bounds on the added books for compatibility with unlimited booksshelves(not recommended) or the skse bookshelves script. I like to collect books of all kinds and stash them in breezehome.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the key... I had a key and it was taken away when caught for a crime and I've been looking for a way to get another key and I seen something about creating a key at a forge is that possible or is it just the key I've lost

I'm not sure whether the generic DD keys work for this mod.  In case they don't, you can pick-pocket a key from Galmar or Tullius (depending on which side of the quest you are doing).  You can craft keys for generic restraints and chastity items by going to the College of Winterhold and reading a book in the Forbidden Bookshelf in the Arcaneum.  Check the original post in the Devious Devices - Integration thread for details.

Edit: to correct misinformation about who to pickpocket from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi great mod! i have a problem though. When my pc is in the pillory there's no npc's in solitude so no one participates in the punishment, and also i waited like a day and tullius never came. I think it might be Open Cities and Dynamic time scale, are the compatible? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any chance for a Civil War Overhaul patch to see the light ?

I had to throw this mod out because it made several problems, but I guess it was related to having CWO installed.

I'd really love to have this mod back in my list, together with cwo...

Also: Has anyone checked if this is still compatible with SL1.6 and the newer dd(i) versions?

Ok, so, after re-reading the posts in here concerning CWO I thought that maybe it's not CWO causing the conflict, so I tried running with Regulations again.

I got some weird results and haven't reached a final conclusion yet.

Still posting since somebody else might have a great idea and so I don't forget.

(This is all [still] with SL1.59c, DD 2.9[.1] and Regulations 1.7e - skyprocs are EBD & ASIS)

++Run#1++

-all set up properly with regulations (loot, bash, sum)

-new game

-no Devious Devices menu shows up

-saved

-restart & loaded

-lots of papyrus errors from several mods since DD isn't properly running I guess

++Run#2++

-just removed Regulations + bash & sum

-new game

-DD menu is just fine

-saved

-restart & loaded

-still looks fine

++Run3++

-exit & added Regulations at bottom of load order (above bashed/skyprocs) without running bash/sum anew

-loaded save from #2

-Regulations registers menu and seems to work, DD menu seems fine as well

++Run4++

-exit & ran bash & sum, no loot, so reg still at bottom

-load of save from #2 causes ctd on load, probably since the bash/skyproc files changed

-new game

-no DD menu, same problems as in #1

My conclusions so far:

a) I don't think it's a load order issue, since it worked on #3 and didn't on #4, which had the exact same load order

B) regulations might generally mess up with newer DD versions

c) something bad might occur only on new games with reg (for me)

d) something bad might happen with the bashed patch

e) something bad might happen with the skyproc patchers

Future Plans:

I can try to rule out B) by re-running #3 and try saving & loading after first initialisation.

I can try to rule out c) and/or d) by re-running #3 and then making a new game with/out bashing.

I can try to rule out e) by blocking the reg esp for the patchers.

If none of the above help or case c) should be true, I/someone will have to dig into the papyrus logs more (have most of them archieved for now).

Alright, I figured it out: it was option e), the skyproc patchers.

I don't know if it was ASIS, Everybody's Different or even SUM, but blocking Regulations from them (via .txt file) fixed every problem.

Not only that, but the same also worked for DD for the Masses II, with which I've been having the same problems.

I can't believe I had to renounce from these two awesome mods for months now and it was so simple!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this mod finished/abandoned?

Overall it works fine, I didn't see a single bug, which is commendable.

I'd still say it could be expanded a bit.For example I don't know if there is any way to lose the Punishment items (other than to steal the key).

I could imagine a little system which follows the enemy soldier kills and after a while, you will be forgiven and the punisment items are removed. Or get a mini quest to kill an enemy officer, steal some document or something similar to earn your freedom (at least from the punishment items).

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see this mod go a little farther, as a final punishment after getting locked up for a day just have Tullius give up on you, puts you in steel shackles, a ring gag and nothing else. Then he makes a comment like "So you want to not wear a belt, lets just show you what can happen if you don't have one" then he takes you into a cell in the Castle Dour Dungeon. "This Stormcloak prisoner is cooperating with us and you are what I am rewarding him with, have a pleasant night" he then throws you into the cell to be repeatedly attacked all night. The Stormcloak could make all sorts of comments about what he is doing to an imperial.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found a small issue (finally, something is wrong with this mod! ;) ). It is not a serious issue, just some illogical thing.

I tried what happens if as an imperial soldier, I equip a stormcloak belt. I could do it w/o problem, but 2 strange things happened:

- Tullius & Co had only the basic, non-regular belt reaction (which is btw an awesome compatibility solution, I salute you). I expected some different/harsher reaction when they saw one of their soldier wearing the enemy's belt.

- There is no Stormcloak Master key on the Stormcloak dude who usually has it if you join the stormcloaks. This makes the belt unremovable w/o console.

The above situation is a rare occurence, so I understand it was not handled. Still it would be nice to have the keys at least on the enemy officers as well.

I could imagine some immersive game elements with this though. A few examples:

- if you are seen by your faction officer wearing the enemy Regulations gear (belt and/or collar), you either get arrested on the spot or get a bounty on your head.

- when captured, you spend your time in the prison, doing interrogation sessions (beatings, rapes). I'd make only one outcome so to not make it too complicated, at the end of the sentence you are considered innocent and they remove the enemy gear (and ofc give you a new one for you faction).

- if you seek out an enemy officer wearing their gear, you can ask them to remove the gear. They wil offer a choice: either help the cause with a large donation (gold), or helping to maintain the morale of the soldiers (groupsex in the barracks). Or do something to betray your side, like kill some soldiers, steal some documents, etc (miniquest).

- if you have the Master Key, you can start a dialog with belted soldiers. They are willing to pay you for their release, either money or with their body. Some might be very dutiful and report you.

As a final word, I'd like to commend this mod, which was always incredibly stable, did its job perfectly in all my playthroughs, even after so many months w/o an update. Simply awesome.