The whipping is just normal skyrim attack animation. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's the same issue if you ever get stuck with a half-drawn weapon where your character is in the weapon drawn animation but the weapon model is still sheathed. There are couple of workarounds listed for the scene in the OP.

Also, have a screen of the NPCs facing the wrong way? Did they start the animation facing you and then turned on the spot?

For the duration, they'll release you the morning following your detainment, sometime after 10:00. The day start is counted from around 6:00, so if you get caught in the morning just past that, it's over 24h.

Hello,

First thanks for your hard work making this awesome mod... I had it running but that was awhile ago and I recently updated all of my mods that I could and now no matter what I do I can not get this mod to run it CTD everytime and no matter what load order I place it it does the same...

Can someone help with this?

Is it because this one hasn't been updated and now is not compatible with the other sl Devious mods?

Thanks for your time and help

There hasn't been any changes to DDi recently that would make this incompatible. But you need to supply more details. Where/when are you crashing? Also, papyrus log and load order would be helpful.

Well its been some time since I had it running and now I have updated all the devious mods and SL mods such as SexLab Defeat, SexLab Aroused, SexLab Frame work Devious Devices Assets, DD Intergration, DD for the masses II, DD captured Dreams,  and more due to it being so long since I messed around with it...

After updating these and othere where there has been no update for Devious Regulations I assumed it was due to that...

My load order I have changed around several times I could put it up for ya if you'd like but whats the easiest way of doing so? Print screen split into 2 images?

I've ran boss and that just seems to crash even more things so I don't mess with it since everything else is running good now except me not getting Regulations to work... of which it crashes the game just after the Bethesda logo about stops spinning before you get the menu...

I did notice that under DeviousRegulations.esp in the Masters list is says:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

SexLab.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Devious Devices - Intergration.esp       <----------- Should this be esp?

I do not have a Devious Devices -Integration.esp insted I have Devious Devices - Integration.esm

I would be happy to get a papyrus log but I never have done this before and have no idea how to...

Once again thanks for the help and time

If it is still looking for DDi.esp, you're running an old version of regulations. Update to the latest and it should work, assuming you're still also on sexlab 1.39b. I need to update regulations for sl 1.51 once DDi is updated.

The whipping is just normal skyrim attack animation. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's the same issue if you ever get stuck with a half-drawn weapon where your character is in the weapon drawn animation but the weapon model is still sheathed. There are couple of workarounds listed for the scene in the OP.

Also, have a screen of the NPCs facing the wrong way? Did they start the animation facing you and then turned on the spot?

For the duration, they'll release you the morning following your detainment, sometime after 10:00. The day start is counted from around 6:00, so if you get caught in the morning just past that, it's over 24h.

I reloaded from a save prior to going to the camp, but this time used AFT to tell my follower to stay behind in Markarth.  The fact that she was not wandering around the camp during the punishment might have some effect on the differences I saw this time through.

I also used the MCM menu to reset the Sexlab animations and the zaz animations before going to the camp.

This time, Galmar's whipping animation worked just fine.  His whipping of the female Stormcloak also worked fine.  So I suspect that resetting the animations fixed that.  I'll have to try it next time my PC goes to prison, since as I said I've been seeing the same intermittent whipping problem in Prison Overhaul.

Next, while Galmar's manipulation of the squeezable plugs went as expected, the 3 male Stormcloaks that came to play did as I described before.  To answer your question, they started to approach my PC, started to lift their left arm, then turned and faced away as their right hand made motions as if squeezing the plugs.  Here's a screenshot:

ScreenShot18.jpg

Also, this time my PC reached the camp shortly before dusk, and was released by Galmar the next evening.  The prior playthrough she was stuck in the cage for 3 days - I quit before she was ever released.  So perhaps script overload, or the follower being in the wrong place at the wrong time prevented the release the first time.

With so many problems in the base Skyrim, it's amazing that you modders can supply us with great mods like this at all.  In case I haven't said it before, thanks for an amazing mod!

If it is still looking for DDi.esp, you're running an old version of regulations. Update to the latest and it should work, assuming you're still also on sexlab 1.39b. I need to update regulations for sl 1.51 once DDi is updated.

Well that was it... I thought I had checked and there wasn't any updates for Regulations but there was and once I installed the updated version it fixed the instant CTD

Thanks for the help

I reloaded from a save prior to going to the camp, but this time used AFT to tell my follower to stay behind in Markarth.  The fact that she was not wandering around the camp during the punishment might have some effect on the differences I saw this time through.

I also used the MCM menu to reset the Sexlab animations and the zaz animations before going to the camp.

This time, Galmar's whipping animation worked just fine.  His whipping of the female Stormcloak also worked fine.  So I suspect that resetting the animations fixed that.  I'll have to try it next time my PC goes to prison, since as I said I've been seeing the same intermittent whipping problem in Prison Overhaul.

Next, while Galmar's manipulation of the squeezable plugs went as expected, the 3 male Stormcloaks that came to play did as I described before.  To answer your question, they started to approach my PC, started to lift their left arm, then turned and faced away as their right hand made motions as if squeezing the plugs.  Here's a screenshot:

ScreenShot18.jpg

Also, this time my PC reached the camp shortly before dusk, and was released by Galmar the next evening.  The prior playthrough she was stuck in the cage for 3 days - I quit before she was ever released.  So perhaps script overload, or the follower being in the wrong place at the wrong time prevented the release the first time.

With so many problems in the base Skyrim, it's amazing that you modders can supply us with great mods like this at all.  In case I haven't said it before, thanks for an amazing mod!

Do you happen to have a log of any of those scenes taking so long?

Basically, every 0.8 game hours ( ~48mins) it checks if you should be released, if not, it checks if someone should visit you. If someone visits you at the cage, the next release check is done at its end. It decides to release you if: you've been tied for over 5h and the time is between 10:00 and 12:00. If those conditions are true on the check at the end of a scene, you'll get released on the next hourly update. If you get unlucky and say someone starts coming to you just before 10:00 and leaves just after 12:00 you might spend over a day tied. But I can't really think of a reason why it would release you during the evening, not unless you modified timescale manually or used wait.

That said, I'll change the release check somewhat for the next version to be more reliable.

For the turning, I suspect it's NPC deciding it's too close to another (you), and then turns away and walks just the tiniest amount, since the animation itself doesn't actually prevent them from acting normally. Also, what camp was that screen taken in?

You might be right about the NPC turning because they're too close.  My stubborn PC removed her belt again, returned to the same camp in the Reach, and was punished by Galmar again.  This time he hit her so hard that the whipping post was moved further than I had seen it before, and it was still somewhat in the way when Galmar went to manipulate the plugs.  He approached from a slightly different angle (I think because of the moved whipping post, which didn't move back until afterwards), and turned about 90 degrees away from her instead of the 180 degrees that the other NPCs had done.

The 3rd time my PC was punished at the camp in the Reach, during the night the two male Stormcloaks and the female Stormcloak (who had participated in the 3-way the previous times) came walking up to my PC in the cage naked (except the 2 males had their boots on).  The 3-way scene played out as before, but I found it amusing that they were wandering around the camp naked.

Edit: This 3rd time in the camp also went way too long without Galmar releasing my PC.  If I recall correctly, she arrived at the camp around 6am, was punished, and then was in the cage through the day, the night, and all of the following day.

Here's the papyrus log:

Papyrus.0.log.7z

The 3rd time my PC was punished at the camp in the Reach, during the night the two male Stormcloaks and the female Stormcloak (who had participated in the 3-way the previous times) came walking up to my PC in the cage naked (except the 2 males had their boots on).  The 3-way scene played out as before, but I found it amusing that they were wandering around the camp naked.

Edit: This 3rd time in the camp also went way too long without Galmar releasing my PC.  If I recall correctly, she arrived at the camp around 6am, was punished, and then was in the cage through the day, the night, and all of the following day.

Here's the papyrus log:

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log.7z

For this, it looks you got tied down some time in the morning. Galmar left you alone just past noon, and you should've been released the next morning after 10. However, some time between seven and eight, NPC was triggered to come and visit you. A stormcloak soldier was slotted for that but he never got you, so the scene got stuck waiting for that one NPC. I think I need to add some kind of timeout to these in case the NPCs get stuck.

And yep, same thing with the previous log.

Sorry about my English.....

I got some probem from the mods, that mean when Player Change The Side Between Stormcloak and Imperial after "The Jagged Crown" Quest line, The mods not working and galmar or tulius still assume player still their side and attempt a punishment. even though I change the side.

when try to join before speak an oath both side, Player only get one Imperial or Stromcloack Belt, so when I want change a side, only the first time Player get The belt from tulius or galmar.

And if I use "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" and Chose I'm the solider of the army, the mods not working to the player too  :-/ and  continue to "The Jagged Crown" quest.

Sorry about my English.....

I got some probem from the mods, that mean when Player Change The Side Between Stormcloak and Imperial after "The Jagged Crown" Quest line, The mods not working and galmar or tulius still assume player still their side and attempt a punishment. even though I change the side.

when try to join before speak an oath both side, Player only get one Imperial or Stromcloack Belt, so when I want change a side, only the first time Player get The belt from tulius or galmar.

And if I use "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" and Chose I'm the solider of the army, the mods not working to the player too  :-/ and  continue to "The Jagged Crown" quest.

Changing sides is not supported at the moment, and it really isn't a priority. I didn't even realize it was possible until months after I released the first version of Regulations.

Yes, LAL skips the joining dialogue that initiates the quest for this mod, there's way to manually start it a couple of pages back in this thread.

Thanks for looking at my logs.

My PC tried it again at the Stormcloak camp northeast of Morthal.  After resetting the SL animations (which seems to be key to getting the whipping animations to work in my setup), everything worked perfectly.  This time the soldiers who came to play with her plugs faced the right way, and she was released by Galmar on time.  The only odd thing was that the soldiers who do the 3-way showed up nude again (except for boots), like they had run all the way from the camp in the Reach nude :cool:

Ok, one last post, since I'm now wrapping up the Civil War quest by capturing Solitude.  My PC once again wandered into a camp (this one the one southwest of Solitude) without her belt.  She was not released on time - I think the problem was the morning when she should have been released, something or someone entered the camp and all the guards and Galmar rushed off to fight them.  With my limited point of view, I couldn't see what had invaded the camp, but the I could see the battle going on for some time, and when Galmar returned he didn't release my PC.   Concerned that the same thing might happen if I reloaded and tried again, I reloaded, had her equip the belt, and proceeded without the punishment.

Thanks again for an entertaining mod!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

And thanks to some "testing" you did, I have some fixes for the next version. It should be out soon after DDi is updated for the latest SexLab as I need to change some things for that as well.

So I am trying to figure out which files we need, whether or not it is both of them, there is an "a" file and a "b" file.  Which is the most up to date one?

Which one comes after? :P

It also says the latest version in this thread title, and on the title of the file page. You can also see the release order from the changelog.

Just a quick note to report my findings so far. First off I'm very impressed and grateful that this exists. It is very stable. I haven't had any outright failure at all and hell civil war needed something big to happen to it. It was dull when new, its been very good to have a reason to revisit. 

I thought having been caged and um inflated I had seen the highest tier of punishment available, but second thoughts I have seen something called "Strong *faction* punishment plug. in eithercase I hope this helps other's or creator gage there work.

I've invaded a few places now. The first few attempts to troll the higher ups (achieved with pickpocket potion and galmar's turned back)  resulted in a telling off and vibrating plugs inserted. One of these moments was while whiterun jarl was surrendering but that's probably on me, simply tabbing away from chat saved me from having less dignity at that moment than the defeated forces.. I'd rather have my belters too eager than too passive so on the whole not a big problem- lesson learned complete your tasks belted. 

I've been caged once, on the long side but I'm on of the few who likes it when its long. In this instance it was turning up to camp (Falqueath I think) Getting spotted instantly then scene runs, all smooth, all fluid, perfectly acceptable in current state but 3 issue's of polish do percent themselves to mind:

Galmar binds your hands. "Woah their getting serious at last" I thought. They faded away seconds later. I'm sure alot of us are used to being locked in cuffs by now, so by all means give us a new problem with locked cuffs and punishment scene- it will stop the "Faux" tied  kneeling in cage look. I added via console one try and it worked ascetically.

The whipping and release are great do let me say that, mechanically flawless. the slight quibble comes in that like a few posters above my storm cloaks face backwards as well, additional dialogue might work once all the scripting and important stuffs is done and I'm probably not saying anything new and in fact critiquing a place holder but yeah "Cozy cage" gets a little old in just one run. 

Finally- release with just chastity belt and zero plugs- this was surprising, Just mentioning as an oddity- it could well be that plugs are saved for later punishments, and if so that's something I can applaud- a bit of pacing. Just reporting that currently your in a better off state than they left you the time before.

So yeah I came to the party late, but overwhelmingly positive of this mod, hope my reporting on functionality helps other's make sure there in step with everyone else and that my minor points are being read as just that- minor.

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you like it!

Yep, tabbing out of the conversation pretty much breaks it for the moment at least. Though as Stormcloak in Whiterun, it'll skip the actual whipping scene and just fit you with collar, plugs and belt. The actual scenes only happen in the camp and Windhelm for the Stormcloaks.

I was going to add cuffs while in the cage at some point, but there were some problems with it. However, I've changed a few things since then and it might just be feasible now.

For the plugs missing after the scene, that's odd, you should have the stronger ones after. Do you happen to have a papyrus log of that event around?

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you like it!

Yep, tabbing out of the conversation pretty much breaks it for the moment at least. Though as Stormcloak in Whiterun, it'll skip the actual whipping scene and just fit you with collar, plugs and belt. The actual scenes only happen in the camp and Windhelm for the Stormcloaks.

I was going to add cuffs while in the cage at some point, but there were some problems with it. However, I've changed a few things since then and it might just be feasible now.

For the plugs missing after the scene, that's odd, you should have the stronger ones after. Do you happen to have a papyrus log of that event around?

I have a full report prepped with pictures, but alas no words yet so I will shorter than I would like until later on:

On the cage cuffs issue- most cuffs did in fact kill the cage but not the scene- you stand there in hands behind back while everyone carrys on as normal.

What I found was that the black leather cuffs from DD (think they came into my game with captured dreams) I've slotted on both before and after Galmar has finished. Make of that what you will, just pleased to be the first to say its not impossible with current strictures.

Steam lost the pics, but I will submit proof when time is less tight. Hopefully along side Thalmor sneaking into camp forgoing all intelligence and sabotage oppertunties to toy with the inflatables. Hilarious but could be be the basis of a third scene without being to tongue in cheek, I saw that tuant sex scene, I'm not usually packing my game with all the sex stuff but that was malicious, I loved it,  But yes you've allready scripted running away so that might well be a bug in your favour.

On a more serious note having paid close attention to whipping in captured dreams, prisonoverhaul and noticing a stark difference between first camp and second I might also have some good news for you- Whippers Aggressors how ever you refer to them tend to stay more or less stationary when on flat land. By nature of PO's urban environment its most noticeable- very stable aggressors even before Xaz nailed the whole whip punting issue. If you watch Galmar between first and second camp you will notice similar behaviour.

Skyrim is a bit nuts about how angle'd surfaces affection, sometimes gravity win's out after a lag and such- could it possibly be that the inflator pressor storm cloaks are simply being about faced and slide down by the tiny tug of gravity and being stationary while on a subtle incline that is just to steep for stabilty? 

****idea bellow****

Seem to have inspired myself with possibilities of thalmor in camp- Impromptu Integration!

Thalmor "Something something I have a tiny window but we know how to cause alot of angish in mere seconds- which way to smithing quarters?"

Player: Options of shake head,  nod left, nod right. 

Thalmor A text box of doing something distinctly worse but done entirely in text and not altering scene mechancis as they are.

Current musing present- magic! "Thalmor agent Applies magic to the plugs so against your interior walls they grow almost to hot to touch, the sensation overloading over stimulatied nerve endings/ Cold as the deepest depths of Winterhold the icey sensation spreading deep with in in a matter of seconds. (Alternates between two each "round")  Another method would be simply making the them vibrate while inflating if the theme should remain whole sensory over load. If tongue in cheek option perhaps tickling or itching powder, itching powder on the nipples would really ruin the night.

But yeah idea being you break depending on levelled health or arousal level with punishment or reward based on if you nodded the right way or wrong way. I'm sure you get

Just tired musing really its amazing what's possible once the ground work is layered. Tell me I'm nuts by all means, the important stuffs above this is mere fluff.

On the cage cuffs issue- most cuffs did in fact kill the cage but not the scene- you stand there in hands behind back while everyone carrys on as normal.

What I found was that the black leather cuffs from DD (think they came into my game with captured dreams) I've slotted on both before and after Galmar has finished. Make of that what you will, just pleased to be the first to say its not impossible with current strictures.

Steam lost the pics, but I will submit proof when time is less tight. Hopefully along side Thalmor sneaking into camp forgoing all intelligence and sabotage oppertunties to toy with the inflatables. Hilarious but could be be the basis of a third scene without being to tongue in cheek, I saw that tuant sex scene, I'm not usually packing my game with all the sex stuff but that was malicious, I loved it,  But yes you've allready scripted running away so that might well be a bug in your favour.

Yeah, the DD cuffs should pretty much work for it, though the ones on the player during the escort bit aren't exactly the same, there's going to be a small window where you're not wearing any cuffs if I add them for the cage.

Heh, it just picks a random nearby NPC without really caring about its affiliation, so Thalmor isn't all that surprising, maybe a bit odd sight in a Stormcloak camp though. Still, I did fix bandits getting picked for it in some earlier version, that really didn't work all that well.

For the suggestions, I already have a few things planned, some also written. So more stuff is coming at some point, though next update will be just a maintenance one for DD and SL updates.

Got to third camp and quest end. A beautiful creation, very keen to know whats coming. I shall try try empire next, after a break (Only so many 20 combatant skirishes I can endure while skyrim shamlesslly pretends its a battle) Curious to see the puinishments as apparently those punishmnts are static and/or differ. In summary I guess in no particular order-

Keys- very few, Only found 2

Dialogue- Beautiful scene's happen when you beg, more is needed and tuant cage diaglogue.

Ending- A bit brief, and by then you garanteed to have a collar....if you spent the SINGULAR key on the collar...

Plugs- I don't know if you did the themed plugs yourself but there beautiful. I like the colour gradiants in severity very artful.

Followers- Every mod has trouble with this so no bigy but something for your loyal dope of choice might be nice down the line

And the big one Whipping/Bulb Squeezing, Re Wrong way: seeing the third camp on a slope and having mused before I'm positive that both torrments will go  much more smoothly and correct facing  on something flat- some planking down at camps might work I guess, There's a historical precedent in that armies punished as a deterent and would line everyone to watch. British Troops 18th/19th Centuary woudl build special whipping triangles everywhere. So yeah some porch or something from vanilla resources, Hang up some furs, maybe a banner... yeah I can see the inclusion of something flat not detracting from camp astetics...

That said it is your mod, and your garanteed to be smarter and more talented than me, How ever you tidy up that aspect and be it near or far I'm sure it will be incredable.

Well done on ambitious astounding work.

Update supporting latest DD - Integration and Sexlab:

• Updated for DD - Integration 2.7.5 and SexLab 1.52
  • Added open belt for Stormcloaks
  • Tweaked release checks from punishment scenes to be more reliable
  • Tweaks to punishments:
    • Added timeout for waiting an approaching NPC, to prevent the scenes from getting stuck
    • Approaching NPC going into combat now stops the scene and resumes wait for the next NPC

I just installed it but i dont seem how i can be punished? What do i have to do? :/

From the description:

• Blocks civil war quest progress if player is seen without her belt by Tullius/Galmar
  • ... until they have a chance to correct the situation.
  • Punishment scenes, including whippings if you're incapable of following orders