Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

12 hours ago, YaHash said:

20190802232516_1.jpg.b5bbea2f9e22d143c161d7e0196a6508.jpgCould sameone help me with this ? What mod i miss/vortex or me installed wrong ?

looks like several files are missing. Make sure you have CD Part 1, 2, 3, 5 and that they are in that order in the load order. You might just need to redeploy the mods. 

I'm getting a quest stopping bug that has happened to a few others before, but there didn't seem to be a solution.  The option to "handle a personal request" became available before a courier showed up, so I tried it and she said "This is something I need handled rather discreetly" but the only choice I had before learning what it was is "Um, maybe later."  The courier did arrive a day later and gave me a note, but the same thing occurred when talking to the Master again.  Looking at the quest variables (as described in earlier posts) I have Avail_ExpQuest01_var = 2, 02 = 1, 03 and 04 = 0.  I have done the Embassy quest and the Falkreath quest already, and my disposition is 10.  I was holding two notes, the Embassy and the Falkreath requests, which might mean I put the first Embassy quest note in storage already and this was a repeat offer?  I am not sure.  Anyway, the earlier reports of this problem didn't explain what a value of 2 would mean, but did say to set one of the variables to 2 so I don't know what I should do next.  :)

On 8/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, YaHash said:

20190802232516_1.jpg.b5bbea2f9e22d143c161d7e0196a6508.jpgCould sameone help me with this ? What mod i miss/vortex or me installed wrong ?

the easiest way to find what is causing the problem is, stand near one of the objects, open the console and click on the red box, it should tell you what last effected/changed that object. i had an issue similar to what you are seeing and found out that it was USLEP from the steam workshop being hidden by the author. i had to go and download it from nexus to fix my issue. you may try there. also the only required parts are part 1 and 1 option from part 2, part 3 and part 5 are both optional.

Well that option to do a personal task finally went away, and then I got a new letter to do the Solitude job with Queen Elisif.  Problem now is that it is looping in the second session.  I keep having the final conversation with her after removing all the devices, only to put them back on, take them off, and have the conversation all over again.  Need to know a setstage to advance it methinks...

Edit:  Ok I poked around with sqv cdxexpquest03 and checked scenes with issceneplaying, found that it was 66060790 that was looping, so I stopped it.  The stage had already advanced though so I setstaged back to like 825 I think to restart the next session, where I'm given the choice to blindfold and gag her or not.  But after I did that and got her ready for her plugs ;) and put them and the belt on, it started looping back to the end of the previous day's session conversation.  But, 66060790 wasn't running this time.  So I gave up and played scn_ReleaseElisifFinal and setstaged 975 to end it.  But going back to Master to give her the documents, when I chose "About that job" it just dropped out of conversation.  So I setstaged to 990 to complete the quest.  Kinda sad I missed the rest of the third session and any other sessions after that.  :/  

Oh, and Elisif was left still wearing the collar, cuffs, belt and plugs, I don't know if it was supposed to be like that.  Poor girl.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

the easiest way to find what is causing the problem is, stand near one of the objects, open the console and click on the red box, it should tell you what last effected/changed that object. i had an issue similar to what you are seeing and found out that it was USLEP from the steam workshop being hidden by the author. i had to go and download it from nexus to fix my issue. you may try there. also the only required parts are part 1 and 1 option from part 2, part 3 and part 5 are both optional.

I would say that you should strip all the mods until you have this one and its requirements and see if it's fixed. sometimes other mods with conflict and invalidate files that can cuase this issue.

52 minutes ago, DarmanSejuk said:

I would say that you should strip all the mods until you have this one and its requirements and see if it's fixed. sometimes other mods with conflict and invalidate files that can cuase this issue.

mine wasnt a mod conflict, just a mod on the workshop that was removed. i had to go and find it from nexus. the solution i said can tell the person what mod caused the issue and either remove it, or if the cause is uslep they can get it from nexus. both can fix the issue. as far as conflicting mods, most if not all, as of the last update of CD are listed.

29 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

mine wasnt a mod conflict, just a mod on the workshop that was removed. i had to go and find it from nexus. the solution i said can tell the person what mod caused the issue and either remove it, or if the cause is uslep they can get it from nexus. both can fix the issue. as far as conflicting mods, most if not all, as of the last update of CD are listed.

Was just saying. I originally had an issue with Cursed Loot and Captured Dreams that is why I posted the previous comment.

13 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

.....just a mod on the workshop that was removed.......

FYI - USLEEP does not exist any more in the steam workshop and the version on nexus is a new one that was updated 8. july. If you have the old link for steam you got an info box that steam only supports Skyrim SE mods in the future. ATM steam forwards you to nexus. I think it is possible that will happen for other mods either. I hope if they kick LE out of steam that they repeat the action with getting SE for free if you got all DLC's.

USLEEP is still available on steam for russian.

I can't get past the point in the quest "A date with a Jarl."

I can get to the part where I tie Elisif to the column.  I think that is right after the 2nd bondage scene.  She says she wants to meet at 9 pm again.  I am able to leave the room, but she does not leave the column area and quest does not advance.

I tried the debug option in the MCM menu, but that dose not work.

What do I need to do?

Here are load order and priority from MO2.

image.png.a7c92d16c4c4193bdf30987ff9299a40.png

image.png.ff3c230753f41e56041ff95d89e96cee.png

image.png.60b8e9d46f4e9d64b11a7baa79acd7ca.png

image.png.e3588a21265ec2c96278477b7d97205e.png

image.png.08f52fa18742f2dbdfe734cea73aa2ff.png

Thanks

OK, don't be angry, but there are some things wrong with your install.

1. One error I see, but I don't think is the cause to your problem, is that you only need one part 2 and one part 3 of Captured Dreams installed. Because I see no UNP Body I think you use CBBE and therefore need only part 3 installed with the cbbe in its name. Part 2 you need only one the parts installed depending on the resolution you want to use. Because of your install-order you use atm the 2048k-resolution because it's the last of the 4 CD2-options. You can remove CD2 512k, 1024k and orig and the CD3 UNPB-mesh.

2. I think you use some tools the wrong way with MO2. (BTW - please update  MO2 to its actual version 2.2.1)

a) If you look in loot and MO2 - the load order is not the same.  Captured Dreams in the loot screenshot is in Pos 29 and in that position (right side of the MO2-Window (priority) ) is Estrus Chaurus. Loot is integrated in the MO2, if you click on the sort-button it will start the vfs and in the log window there will be messages [loot]..... . The MO2 calls an integrated loot-client to sort the loadorder. No need to install and start loot to see a loadorder an then manually change it. Loot is only interesting if you got problems and want to see if loot have some hints like " if you have problems try to put the mod after ...." but that need manually changing the loadorder. But normally you get the same hints when there are problems when you click on the triangle with the excamation mark right to the heart.

b) Bodyslide - there should be an activated mod second to last in the install window created by you for the created files from bodyslide. You create an empty mod, activate it and define that mod as the target in the executables window for bodyslide (You reach that over the symbols with the two gears) Please look at my attached screenshot 

c) FNIS - there should be two activated mods created by you for FNIS - one for the created data at the last position of your install-window and one for the created logs from FNIS. Before running FNIS the first time after install you need to create two empty mods one for the data and one for the logs and activate them. After that  you click on the symbol tools (right to the two gears) click in the context-menu on FNIS and then "Run FNIS" MO2 will see that you run it that way the first time and ask if you want to use a target mod for the data. You will need to select your empty created mod for the data, afterthat it will ask where to put the logs and you need to select your empty mod for the logs. Then FNIS will run the first time. After that you need to configure it :click on the symbol tools (right to the two gears) click in the context-menu on FNIS and then on "Configure FNIS Patches". Select your needed patches - most times only the gender patch, the arm patch for the skeleton and an absolute must "File Redirection...." for the work with MO2 and profiles. save and run FNIS again - It should load the VFS, run FNIS in the background with a few messages in the log window and finish without any problems. You should run FNIS every time you change something about the mods. No matter if its just changing install- or loadorder or removing/installing a mod.

If you do not use the tools in that way that could cause problems in the way that the tools overwrite files they should not and that irreversible. The moving to the overwrite-directory does not work to 100% only with 99.9% That's the problems other mod manager have that they do not prevent overwrite and only try to not forget what overwrites what to reconstruct the correct structure if you remove a mod. It's like an open heart surgery.

3. MO2 shows an error - the triangle with the exclamation mark next to the heart. Did you check that ? I think the message will be that there are some files in Overwrite because of 2.

I could be wrong but I think one main cause for your problem is Pos. 2 . Just fix that and click the sort-button to see if it works after that and the second problem is your install order . Thankfully with the MO you can change that after installing. Just drag and drop the mods to the correct place. You find the required install order in the description of every mod you have here in the forum or at nexus. For some it doesn't matter but some require a specific install order or files are overwritten that should not be. For example you can install 20 different mods for changing the landscape but if they all change the same meshes only the last one in the install order will be active. You have that effect in your installation with CD2 -> 2048k is the last in the install and will be used because it overwrites the other files.

One example for a mod with specific installation descriptions is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90286 and a logical installation order everyone should know is that you should install a patch for a mod after the mod.

Bodyslide.PNG

I am not angry.  This is the type of help I am looking for.  I am relatively new to Skyrim.

I updated to 2.2.1 MO2.

For slave run reloaded, there are two positions on the right, but only one mod on the left for slave run reloaded.  On the right position 41 is for slave run reloaded comments.esp and position 47 is for slave run reloaded.esp.  Both positions on the right link only to position 51 on the left.

Should slave run reloaded be before Captured Dreams, or after Simple Slavery?  I thought it should be after because the comments were before.

Also on the left, there are 75 mods.  Right side has 55 mods, so there were some left over mods on the left side.

All the leftover mods on the left are after priority 61.

How do I determine the priority of those mods.  Sometimes when I click on mod in the left column, one of those mods is also highlighted. 

Should I group together like I did for Captured Dreams?

Here is my new updated priority for MO2.

image.png.83b25d9965200ae36f8a4a998a704e17.png

image.png.c55beaa787a6a71647c95657f6642342.png

image.png.09d93b20ee93387ffc2f8b01c549021b.png

Thanks,

There is a difference between installed mods and loaded modules/plugins - if you think about it, it's just logic. For example Captured Dreams - you need minimum 2 parts on the left to get it to work ( CD1 and one CD2 ). But those two together result in only one file on the right. CBBE and Bodyslide do not appear on the right because they are only tools, the same is it for many installed mods that only change existing graphics - for example "women of skyrim" that changes the appearance of the female NPC's. The only mods you will see in the loadorder on the right are those mods that contain a *.esp (plugin) or *.esm (master) file. There are even some  mods that works the other way - one installed mod and many files in the loadorder - for eample "don't show headgears" DSHG is one mod that contains a few *.esp files one for each sort of headgear possible. If you want to disable the visibility of all sort of headgears with that mod it puts seven esp-files in the loadorder.

Left side the order is the cause which files are overwritten when the VFS is started. For sorting the installorder use the help of the flags and the colorcoding in MO2 when you mark a mod. That is what you have to use for slaverun - I don't use that mod and have no knowledge about his dependencies but I know Kenjoka has written a big amount of comments how to install etc.  
Overwriting files is normal and wanted but you must decide which file will be the one that will be loaded in the end. That is the cause why the created data of Bodyslide and the created data of FNIS have to be the most last two files. Otherwise you can't be sure the animations will work and the custom armor will look like it should. 
And right side is the loadorder - that order is partly dictated by the dependecies of the mods and by what the modder said the where it must be loaded - but these orders are mostly contained in the loot-functions and the sort -button will fix the most time any problems.
If not, read mod-descriptions and if thats not enough - experiment with changing the load- and install-order with drag&drop. First the mods are of different ages and an older mod maybe overwrites a newer file with an older buggy version and second as a modder you can't test every possible variant of installed mods how they work with your mod. For some you just have to accept that they are incompatible. And for some to get some of the older ones and newer to get to work together a lot of experementing with the load- and installorder, testing and maybe manually changing a file in a mod is needed.  

Maybe you should study these series of videos for the MO2 to learn its functions and to use it as the helpful tool it is. It's easier to follow these videos than to follow my written descriptions.

One thing I saw after saving this - you need to install the unofficial patch - it fixes many bugs in Skyrim LE that Bethesda failed to fix. That mod  - USLEEP - should be in the install- and loadorder directly after the DLC's  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214 - People who use Skyrim SE need USSEP https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266

I'm trying to figure out how to allow the Embassy quest to repeat like it is supposed to.  After getting the letter, I ask what jobs are available -> Personal request and the only option available is Maybe Later.  If I then resetquest cdxexpquest02, when I choose personal request, she does offer "Go see a friend of the Master", when selected she says something like "I have something that is suitable for someone like you" but then the conversation drops out.  Here is where something needs to be set, maybe a stage, or a variable... 

I can then start setstaging cdxexpquest02 up from 0 and at  21 she then acts like she's offered me the quest. (However none of my stuff is taken away.)  So I think the introduction to the quest and the confiscation of your gear is handled by a different quest and then you are passed off to cdxexpquest02 from there.  So it would be great to know what the missing step is so that we can enjoy repeating this quest every few days.  :)

I encountered a strange problem in the delivery quest. If the protector plus belt is equipped the Master removes it (recognizing it as a normal protector belt), but instead of equipping CD belt the dialogue ends and I can't initiate the quest.  I resetted CD, reinstalled it (cleaned the save), but it didn't help, the mod still won't run the quest normally.

Edit: figured it out. The issue is with the colors. White, red and black belts are working fine. Others not so much.

Is the V4.15 only for SSE-special edition? When i click download file it only says this on v4.15

• aptured Dreams v4.15 SSE Part 1.7z

1.77 MB

• Captured Dreams v4.15 SSE Part 2(2048k).7z

55.26 MB

• Captured Dreams V4.15 SSEPart 2 (1024k).7z

42.88 MB

• Captured Dreams V4.15 SSE Part 2 (512k).7z

25.79 MB

• Captured Dreams V4.15 SSE Part 2 (512k).7z

25.79 MB

• Captured Dreams V4.15 SSE Part 2 (1024k).7z

42.88 MB