Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

Maybe a female courier slave with shop items? Add's a little CD to the mix ;)

But I wouldn't spam all the quests with couriers as they can get bugged sometimes and a bit in the face. Just a quest popup with "the master wants to see me" would suffice.

Or if you are wearing a shop item a messagebox with something like "The $item's lock starts pulsating, as master said, she requires my attendance at once".

This would require a small piece of dialogue the first time you get a shop item locked on. I think it's a bit more diverse than the regular courier or questmarker :)

I have my own courier for the shop, she works pretty well and is independent of the normal courier. Using her would also mean I can send requests whether or not you are in a device.

I can set it so the courier is only sent with quest requests every so often with a minimum and maximum time between requests (configurable). The request would be randomly determined between the quests that are set to use her. I may also set it so requests are not sent if you have a low ranking with the Master or have performed poorly on deliveries and such.

I posted a picture of her a while back but here is another:

post-101267-0-99969400-1451833029_thumb.jpg

I haven't been in the thread often lately so I did miss that ;)

But if you can set it so it won't spam like crazy then it would be alright.

Maybe the delivery/retrieve mini quests trigger can be done with the "device message"? that happens more often and it subtle.

Courier events sounds very good, my only worry is about how much time i would have to complete missions but if that can be adjusted then its ok.

If cursedloot decides to get creative and then courier arrives and tells me that some kinky snow-trolls stole the delivery and i should get it back in 24h from the other side of the map... im going to have a very disappointed master in these scenarios.

I usually have low level characters because i enjoy gameplay more at start so thats going to make things intresting anyway

The Customer Assist 01 would be set so you had about 2 days to get to the shop. The Recover a Delivery time limit would be about a week from receiving the letter, once I set it up so you may have to deliver it as well then the time limit would be much less though they would pay more.

As for using the devices it would only make sense to use those in cases where the player is to report back to the Master, Recover a Delivery would not require that until the quest was done.

The Customer Assist 01 would be set so you had about 2 days to get to the shop. The Recover a Delivery time limit would be about a week from receiving the letter, once I set it up so you may have to deliver it as well then the time limit would be much less though they would pay more.

As for using the devices it would only make sense to use those in cases where the player is to report back to the Master, Recover a Delivery would not require that until the quest was done.

What I meant was the trigger when you can ask for a new delivery/recovery. Not the quest itself, that would be a bit daft.

No, what i was asking was: if i do the main quest embassy part, and only then i will start doing the CD's quests, wil they work (the quest with elenwen at the embassy, i mean).....Not to repeat them, but to do them once, after the main plot

What I meant was the trigger when you can ask for a new delivery/recovery. Not the quest itself, that would be a bit daft.

I can add it where whenever one of the repeatable quests is available again the plugs would vibrate for a moment, should not be hard to do.

No, what i was asking was: if i do the main quest embassy part, and only then i will start doing the CD's quests, wil they work (the quest with elenwen at the embassy, i mean).....Not to repeat them, but to do them once, after the main plot

Yes, all the npc's I use are custom and the interiors are copies of the originals.

Not sure if you planned on expanding the Free Trial quest or not in future versions but I had some thoughts regarding it:

After successfully completing the current Free Trial quest the Master will offer a second free trial. At that point the player can choose not to start the second trial and hold off for a while, the Master will ask again eventually or the player can ask to start it.

In addition to the same devices from the first trial you now have to wear a Locking Slave Harness, the kind you can wear with belts and still use armor, and Slave or Pony Boots based on the player's preference. Perhaps even swap out the normal collar for a Posture Collar instead for the second trial.

The PC may also need to wear a gag but only for several hours a day. While the Master would prefer to have you wear it all day she knows you're the adventurous type and that would only impede your activities. A vibration from the collar would let you know when it's time to put the gag on, it would only unlock after the time period is over. Failure to wear the gag shortly after being notified by the vibration will result in a shock, continuing not to wear the gag will only offer more shocks and eventually knock the player out sending them back to the shop to be punished.

After the second trial is complete a third a final one would be offered. With this trial instead of Arm/Leg Cuffs, Posture Collar, Harness and Slave/Pony boots the player would now get decked out in a full set of Restrictive gear while still wearing a Chastity Belt and Bra. Nipple and Vaginal piercings could be added this time around if the player isn't already wearing some.

A gag would still need to be worn for several hours a day and I dare say but for this third trial a Blindfold and Armbinder may also need to be worn as well. Since both a Blindfold and Armbinder are extremely prohibitive you'd only have to wear them for a few in-game hours, but  potentially have to wear both twice a day unlike the gag which can only happen once a day but for a longer period of time.

What do you get after being stuck in devices for a month, maybe two months? A hidden perk that provides a small armor bonus for each device you're wearing, excluding plugs and piercings. After wearing devices for so long they became like a second skin and you feel strengthened by continuing to wear them. The Master would also reward you with a unique set of "Little Helper" plugs. These are more universal than the other Little Helper plugs you can buy, it could provide either attribute bonuses or magic resistance, something universal.

After completing the third and final trial the player can ask the Master to do one of the trials again. This time around they only last a week, the duration of the trial won't change depending on how submissive your character is nor the Master's disposition. The Master treats this as advertisement and will reward the player with gold after the trial, higher amounts if choosing a more difficult trail and may also reward a piece of random enchanted loot after completion. It'd be interesting to have some devices awarded with their own unique enchantments but not sure if that would work with the way they're set up in the CK.

Just some thoughts.

Looking forward to next version of Captured Dreams, thanks for work so far Veladarius and stay well.

So...my own idea (probably WAY too late to even think about adding, but its fun to think about), but as you do more deliveries/recoveries, Master moves away from being your employer, as a stepping stone to more...permanent arrangements.

After a few successful quests, and some submissive dialogues, she stops paying you gold, giving you only the keys to your restraints.

If you do well enough that she doesn't require you to be belted anymore, but you request it, then it goes to the next phase (I would assume that phase is immediately before enslavement).

In the last phase, after successful completions, she binds you, unlocks the belt and bra.  After that, she lets you...entertain yourself (either masturbation, or bring a very friendly follower with you), and then puts it back on.

I have a delivery quest to Morthal, but I didn't get a quest marker. There were bandits though. I've tried talking to the citizens there, but none had a proper dialogue option. Does anyone know who the quest NPC is?

Markarth is either Hroki in the Silver Blood Inn or Hamal in the Temple of Dibella. Use SQV CDxDeliveryJob to get the stage, 80 is Hroki and 82 is Hamal. You can set the stage manually if necessary and it should work.

I have a delivery quest to Morthal, but I didn't get a quest marker. There were bandits though. I've tried talking to the citizens there, but none had a proper dialogue option. Does anyone know who the quest NPC is?

Markarth is either Hroki in the Silver Blood Inn or Hamal in the Temple of Dibella. Use SQV CDxDeliveryJob to get the stage, 80 is Hroki and 82 is Hamal. You can set the stage manually if necessary and it should work.

Thanks for your reply.  I reloaded and got a delivery to a different city, but if it occurs against next time I'll try that. Another thing, I'm not sure if this is on my end or a bug, but I did the "assist customer" quest, and now 'the master' constantly opens a dialogue window when I get near her.

I'm not sure if this is all related, but after the demonstration, I did get some of my items back, but not the chastity belt. So I bought harness and a pair of nipple rings, but now the "plug vibration"-event seems to be only second. Before it sometimes lasted 10 seconds or even more, with sound and animations, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. (maybe it has something to do with the added nipple rings or maybe it's normal and I haven't given it enough time).

Anyway, I must say that despite these issues I really like this mod so far :-)

I can add it where whenever one of the repeatable quests is available again the plugs would vibrate for a moment, should not be hard to do.

Yes, all the npc's I use are custom and the interiors are copies of the originals.

Ah, perfect, thanks for the reply!

I am having a problem where all of the quests get to a point and stop or my character just walks away no idea where she goes I let her walk for ten minutes once. So I have had to use set stage to complete them all. I also tried starting a new game and it still does the same thing. Reading through this thread I am guessing the script is getting interrupted. How I can a fix this? 

If your character walks off during a scene it is due to a force greet that did not end and is now trying to (likely won't though). If you exit dialogue prematurely during a quest it can cause this problem. I have done quite a bit to ensure that the scene and force greet end properly dut some times another mod may interrupt before that happens. I am working on additional measures that will hopefully eliminate the problem.

This is untested but you can try the evaluate package console command as follows:    player.evaluatepackage     Do it while your character is walking and not under your control.

Hi

I am having trouble getting out of the protector belt. I have made the gold necklace and the cooling solution but can't find away to combine the two together.

Please help

Once you have the cooling solution go to a forge and make the protector amulet itself not just a gold amulet.

Another thing, I'm not sure if this is on my end or a bug, but I did the "assist customer" quest, and now 'the master' constantly opens a dialogue window when I get near her.

I'm not sure if this is all related, but after the demonstration, I did get some of my items back, but not the chastity belt. So I bought harness and a pair of nipple rings, but now the "plug vibration"-event seems to be only second. Before it sometimes lasted 10 seconds or even more, with sound and animations, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. (maybe it has something to do with the added nipple rings or maybe it's normal and I haven't given it enough time).

I redid the "assist customer" quest, by reloading the save game just prior to it. And before my character doesn't have this problem, and after finishing it she does. Basically 'the master' keeps opening the dialogue window as though the player initiated it. Other symptoms are an inability to sit, use crafting equipment, such as tanning racks and smiting block. If you try any of these the PC initiates the animation, and then immediately finishes it.

Apparently this type of bug is common with mods that use animations. For example:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/667278-cant-craft-due-to-short-animations/

Btw, someone in this threat claims he fixed it by running a sexlab animation. I tried that and when I did my character switched between the sexlab sex animation and the chain pose you take when that customer uses the player as a model. (hands in chains behind the back)

In many threads people suggest using the player.tai command, though that didn't fix it for me. Another suggestion I haven't been able to try out (for reasons) is hitting a guard and going to jail. Someone somewhere claimed that that fixes all sorts of animation problems, i'll try that when I have time.

Another thing, I'm not sure if this is on my end or a bug, but I did the "assist customer" quest, and now 'the master' constantly opens a dialogue window when I get near her.

I redid the "assist customer" quest, by reloading the save game just prior to it. And before my character doesn't have this problem, and after finishing it she does. Basically 'the master' keeps opening the dialogue window as though the player initiated it. Other symptoms are an inability to sit, use crafting equipment, such as tanning racks and smiting block. If you try any of these the PC initiates the animation, and then immediately finishes it.

Apparently this type of bug is common with mods that use animations. For example:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/667278-cant-craft-due-to-short-animations/

Btw, someone in this threat claims he fixed it by running a sexlab animation. I tried that and when I did my character switched between the sexlab sex animation and the chain pose you take when that customer uses the player as a model. (hands in chains behind the back)

In many threads people suggest using the player.tai command, though that didn't fix it for me. Another suggestion I haven't been able to try out (for reasons) is hitting a guard and going to jail. Someone somewhere claimed that that fixes all sorts of animation problems.

It is caused by the same thing I mentioned a few posts back. Dropping out of force greet dialogue early can cause the issue and the current ai package continues to run. Dropping out can be caused by trying to run through the dialogue too quickly, purposely dropping out of the dialogue or another mod interrupting before it is done. I suggested a fix above but I don't know if it would work or not.

It is caused by the same thing I mentioned a few posts back. Dropping out of force greet dialogue early can cause the issue and the current ai package continues to run. Dropping out can be caused by trying to run through the dialogue too quickly, purposely dropping out of the dialogue or another mod interrupting before it is done. I suggested a fix above but I don't know if it would work or not.

I tried the player.evaluatepackage command while doing an animation, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. I might try it tomorrow some more. As for the dialogue thing, you're right. I ran through the quest two times, not tabbing out of the conversation or speeding it up when the NPC seemed done, and in both cases my character was fine afterwards.

I tried the player.evaluatepackage command while doing an animation, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. I might try it tomorrow some more. As for the dialogue thing, you're right. I ran through the quest two times, not tabbing out of the conversation or speeding it up when the NPC seemed done, and in both cases my character was fine afterwards.

I am trying something different with force greets to see if I can keep the issue from happening, hopefully it works.

I've had an issue where the delivery timer starts before I get to ask the Master who the delivery is for. If you exit dialogue when you receive the quest, the target doesn't get set. Always ask "and who is the delivery for?" to prevent the problem.

I am considering some changes to how a few of the existing quests are triggered, many involving the CD courier

My $0.02 is to have the quests if triggered forcefully by a courier or remotely at all is to not have the first stage be time dependent. If I'm in the middle of something I really don't want to auto-fail the Captured Dreams quest. Have the first stage be "Go talk to Master" or an equivalent, then when you do start the timers. Fallout 4 / GTA 3 both did random forced timed quests linked to reputation / affection, and it ended up being more disruptive than lively. I really want to see the quests, but if I'm belted / chained to a wall / killing an undead Dragonborn I'll end up missing out.

I am trying something different with force greets to see if I can keep the issue from happening, hopefully it works.

Player.evaluatepackage had no effect. I will try what Koc did but i have multiple issues. When I  do the delivery quest to the temple in Morthal the temple is locked and I use console to unlock the door everyone trys to kill, I use my native Force of the Emperor or whatever its called to calm everybody down and that will allow me to complete the quest. Know I can not  use Tanning rack or work benches with out player tai . And the Quest for Mr. Tansish sorry do not remember his name shows uncompleted even though its complete. I get a note saying master wants to see me, but no new quest is available when I see her I have tried leaving waiting a day and nothing.  On the plus side my SSD came so I will be installing that soon with a fresh install and will try limiting my mods to the bare minimum. I really like this mod and your work is appreciated. Thanks for the help

Inspired by the "Conflicts and issues"-section at page 1, I managed to fix my original save by going back to the Captured Dreams-shop, and once inside disabled the "player controls" via the Captured Dreams-MCM. Then my character walked back to the spot where she was originally chained, re-assumed her pose, and then after I finished a conversation with 'the master',  everything seemed to work fine again.