Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

Veladarius, Is there a simple way of finding out which mod is causing my game to CTD? Or is it just a case of disabling a mod, see if it works, if not then disable another, rinse and repeat?

Papyrus log MAY give you a clue.

But there is no guarantee - for example if you got some problem with skeleton or some incompatible armor mod it would crash without leaving even a tiniest trace in a log.

close the game, disable 10 mods, check if it still crash.

if yes - disable another 10

if no - enable 5 of those previously disabled.

Veladarius, Is there a simple way of finding out which mod is causing my game to CTD? Or is it just a case of disabling a mod, see if it works, if not then disable another, rinse and repeat?

But there is no guarantee - for example if you got some problem with skeleton or some incompatible armor mod it would crash without leaving even a tiniest trace in a log.

I doubt it is the devices or you would have issues with entering the shop. Erani herself is a normal Dark Elf, no custom race or anything there. Since it happens at the start it would likely be something that is happening when she is set up at the tower that would carry over with her to wherever she goes. The only things that I can think of is the evaluatepackage command used on her and her devices which include custom versions of the ZAZ iron collar and cuffs.

Here is an adjusted script for the quest that will not add her items or have her evaluate her package, it will just enable and move her to the tower.

CDxExpQuest04 adj script.zip   put this in the script folder.

You will need to go back to a save before you accepted the mission (quest stage will be 10 or less).

If this works I suggest seeing if the standard ZAZ iron collar and cuffs (non locking) cause issues as those are used for her items.

If that does not work then go to a save before the quest starts, enable Erani and move her to you and see if it crashes then. If it does then I don't know what the issue would be as she has no AI packages or equipment or anything else that should cause an issue.

I doubt it is the devices or you would have issues with entering the shop. Erani herself is a normal Dark Elf, no custom race or anything there. Since it happens at the start it would likely be something that is happening when she is set up at the tower that would carry over with her to wherever she goes. The only things that I can think of is the evaluatepackage command used on her and her devices which include custom versions of the ZAZ iron collar and cuffs.

Here is an adjusted script for the quest that will not add her items or have her evaluate her package, it will just enable and move her to the tower.

attachicon.gifCDxExpQuest04 adj script.zip   put this in the script folder.

You will need to go back to a save before you accepted the mission (quest stage will be 10 or less).

If this works I suggest seeing if the standard ZAZ iron collar and cuffs (non locking) cause issues as those are used for her items.

If that does not work then go to a save before the quest starts, enable Erani and move her to you and see if it crashes then. If it does then I don't know what the issue would be as she has no AI packages or equipment or anything else that should cause an issue.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the help!

When is Quest 3 supposed to start? It's been a while since I went to the Embassy (had to use the console to get through it), and the Mine, Barracks and Smithy were all in place when I returned to CD, but I'm not getting a starting point for the next expansion quest.

Otherwise this mod is fantastic.

Edited by theSaltminer

When is Quest 3 supposed to start? It's been a while since I went to the Embassy (had to use the console to get through it), and the Mine, Barracks and Smithy were all in place when I returned to CD, but I'm not getting a starting point for the next expansion quest.

Speak with the Master about jobs a day or two after the Embassy quest is done.

But it's been several months since the Embassy quest was done. Could I have broken it by clearing the Embassy with SetStage?

But it's been several months since the Embassy quest was done. Could I have broken it by clearing the Embassy with SetStage?

You won't get a letter since she mentioned it at the end of the Embassy quest. You can start it by setting cdxexpquest03 to stage 10.

Hey there :)

First, thanks for the mod, really an amazing addition to the game :)

BUt I have a small problem : the quest at the Thalmor embassy doesn't work for me. When I arrive at then entrance, I speak with the guard, then nothing happens, and my character is stuck. What can I do ? I have joined a log, if it can help to solve my problem. Thanks :)

Papyrus.0.log

Hey there :)

First, thanks for the mod, really an amazing addition to the game :)

BUt I have a small problem : the quest at the Thalmor embassy doesn't work for me. When I arrive at then entrance, I speak with the guard, then nothing happens, and my character is stuck. What can I do ? I have joined a log, if it can help to solve my problem. Thanks :)

There are no script errors causing the issue. Use the MCM menu to enable your controls, move closer to the gate then disable them again to see if it starts. If it doesn't then another mod is likely trying to do something with the player and/or guard and interrupting the scene.

hi ive got to the embasy but when ever it says take her to my room it dosent do anything they take my stuff but i just stand there can anyone help me with this

setstage cdxexpquest02 150

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had problems with CD and the latest STEP Core patch, where the game will CTD after starting/loading a game if CD is before STEP Core in the load order, but runs fine if CD is after it?

I thought the STEP patches were supposed to be first anyway?

Hi! About CBBE Piercing fix - do I need it with CD 3.84?

If they don't show properly or in the placement is off then use it.

Has anyone else had problems with CD and the latest STEP Core patch, where the game will CTD after starting/loading a game if CD is before STEP Core in the load order, but runs fine if CD is after it?

I thought the STEP patches were supposed to be first anyway?

Any patches or mods that change a large amount of things in the world should be loaded as early as possible or they may override small changes made by other mods.

Guest Hellethia

Hello Veladarius,

I'd like to give you a feedback about your mod.

I've been playing your mod since a whiiiiiiiile, and i still love it as much, but i'm a bit confused about the dom/sub system.

Actually my feedback could be apply to almost every mod using D/S positions.

It seems that the more dom you are is like: i don't want to wear your devices, fuck you, you're a crazy person !

And sub is: i'm a naughty girl (even a bitch, a hore, etc...) and i love wearing device, being dominated, pls fuck me, etc ... (actually, that's mainly the most common behavior we see in SL, and i don't like it)

And that's where i wonder: where is the true submissive ?

In my opinion, the submissive is more like: i'm a slave, i can't make decisions, i don't have a choice. And this is the most important for me, because i don't really see this anywhere. Well a bit of course, but ...

This is the main definition for submissive: you don't want to wear devices, you want to denie, but inside you, you want to become the property of the master, being locked in chastity, but never you'll admit it to others ...

When the girl fall into this, firstly, she doesn't want to ! She's afraid ! And when she has no longer choice, she ends up in all those devices, crying, abandons herself to her master. She'd like to escape, but not in a dominate behavior, she's so afraid and submissive to raise against the master. For exemple, i love when Elenwen told you that you already belong to the Master, you like it or not and you have to accept it. Then this is where the player should accept it while crying (for me it's not: cool, i'll be a sextoy, or no, i'll kill this bitch).

In the other way, after the manor quest, if you're dom, you just kill the master after you've been traited like this ...

And about the behavior, it seems that the master likes you only if you're really submissive, but that's mean enjoying being lock. I agree with this, but the slave should not agreed to wear devices like a bitch because she's naughty. And if u're a bit dom and you do the delivery quest, you must not have the choice of being locked ! You're a slave, you have to be locked ! =)

So i played the mod a lot in different way and i mainly stay in equal sub/dom system, but sometimes i prefer some dominants answers, and sometimes submissive answers.

So those are the feedback i'd like to share with you, and i can't wait to play your next update, begging for the possibility of the master locking you definitly at least with a collar, so you have to admit you're her slave forever, you're her, you belong to her =)

Thanks again ;)