Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

I have a question about the upcoming update. From what I've seen, it appears to change a lot, does it require a clean save? I'm looking foward to it.

No, it won't be required but it won't be an update where you can do it whenever since there are a number of quests changing they can't be running when you do.

the CD collar caused a conflict

Other way around. That other mod interfered with behavior of an NPC it had no business interfering with. You can't expect a mod that can potentially alter every character in the game not to mess things up unless there's a specific compatibility patch. (Obviously, it's infeasible for a dev to go for compatibility with every mod out there, mainly because of mods being updated all the time.)

My quest devices won't try to equip if you have a non generic device of the same type, it will skip it. Also, when removing my quest devices if someone elses quest device is there in its place it will not remove it, my script looks specifically for my devices only. When I can I look to see if the player has quest devices from someone else, especially on quests where it is important to have my devices on you (there are only a few where it is important enough to not start the quest).

Maybe put something in the mod description along the lines of "If you have a device quest from PetCollar, Cursed Loot, SD+ etc active you must complete it before starting the Captured Dreams expansion quests. Otherwise the scripts cancel each other out causing reality to divide by zero and the whole of creation gets sucked down a super-massive blackhole. Or your game glitches like buggery and you get stuck, which is worse."

Or words to that effect.

I think the user should be aware of the consequences of running gameplay altering mods and that the mod affected shouldn't be held responsible.

I am working to add a better check for items from other mods for my quests so they won't start if you have an unremovable item from another mod on you already. I already have scripts that can examine your inventory and see if you have any unremovable items so having it check isn't that hard.

Also got to say this is a pretty good mod. With a caveat.

The Thalmor Embassy quest would have been better if I'd remembered to activate the female guards .esp, definitely more in line with my pc's orientation as a kinky submissive lesbian with an rubber ebonite fetish. The times it got stuck were probably due to a conflict with another mod, still not figured out which one yet, but toggling the player controls in the MCMs got things rolling again.

Rubber is arguably lore-friendly. See this.

Since rubber can be made from either oil or natural substances I see no reason it can't be available.

Saying that- I do think it happens too early, no matter how submissive you've become at this stage you are not the Masters slave - at this point you're still just a customer that does jobs for her. I personally think this should be moved up to after the main part of the fourth quest, a final test to see if you are worthy kind of thing, with the last part of the 4th quest activating if you pass.

Plus seriously either get rid of Ailus altogether or change the Masters dialogue - the rather blase "Oh so I see you have met Ailus" is a massive she doesn't give a shit if you get hurt, whereas "Ailus was there? Elenwen assured me that would not happen. I see that I am going to have to have words with her" shows that she does give a shit and doesn't treat people as disposable things.

(A bit of background - I'm involved in the South West UK BDSM community, I was photographer at a BDSM/Fetish club for two years and I was in a relationship with a professional dominatrix for three years.

Trust is the key in any BDSM relationship.) 

Sorry to keep harping on about it but that one quest just gets my hackles up. A couple of simple dialogue changes would be all it takes. "This next task is not for the faint of heart, it will push you to your limits" - "Ailus was there? Elenwen assured me that would not happen. I see that I am going to have to have words with her" Along those lines.

I had stated this some time ago that the dialogue for the Embassy quest was cut rather short, I was not happy with the ending but did not have time to add the related material (story related). I will be changing parts of the dialogue for v4, mainly the opening and closing parts, as well as making it optional. The main thing with the quest was to provoke a reaction from players, good or bad, while their character was reduced to a 'thing', not a person but a true slave.

How the 4 quests are triggered will be based on rank instead of the Expansion progress. Each will be expanded with additional dialogue and follow-up encounters after the quests themselves.

Awesomesauce, really looking forward to the new version.

I'll start with a new game when it's ready, my current save is pretty much toast anyway what with all the mod testing I've done on it. Even with using MO so nothing gets overwritten and rolling back to a pre-install save there's still a bunch of mods that have been in there from the start of this run through that don't cut the mustard and have to go.

DSR because it is stupidly script heavy (with it disabled approaching the CD shop is way less choppy), UFO because it's two years out of date and buggy as hell - you'd think I would have noticed that seeing as I keep everything else up to date, but nope. Moonstone Castle - looks great but it's too big and buggers up the spouse 'quest'. Not to mention not registering properly as a player home, prompting a ten mile hike to Riverwood for some kinky nookie. In sexy but reeeeeaaally slow catwalk mode at that.

I'm hoping that getting rid of DSR & UFO will clear up the quest sticking problem I encountered seeing as both have been fingered as causing problems with a lot of other mods. *fingers crossed*

Until then I'll keep testing mods, there's no saving this particular save so no need to waste time trying to, it was always intended for testing anyway. (I've got the character setup saved as a racemenu preset so starting over is not exactly going to be a hardship)

The SKSE installer does not know what to install. It sets up the execution environment; not the developer one. Download the zip version, and extract the source scripts yourself.

Scripts.rar is not needed unless the CK upgrade deleted your source scripts.

Recompiling stock scripts will not make Ysolda look better, or have any other effect on gameplay.

Even bleeding edge SKSE has a compiled version - use it.

Have you read https://github.com/xanderdunn/skaar/wiki/SKSE:-getting-started?

Have I read it? Well it was a lot less pithy than your post, and I got through around half of it.

Read it! if you've got a few hours.

I installed the latest (here) version of this excellent mod.

Did a couple of quests (delivery and retrieve).

Purchased a protector belt.

Question:

I use with great satisfaction the RandomSex mod by Arziona_Steve.

Well, it seems that animations started by this mod doesn't count at all if I'm wearing a belt and uses vaginal and anal sex anyway.

Solutions?  (Without disabling RandomSex, of course).

Question:

Well, it seems that animations started by this mod doesn't count at all if I'm wearing a belt and uses vaginal and anal sex anyway.

DD Integration is what filters what positions are used so either something is not working properly with it for you or the animation being played does not have the proper tags (most do). I occasionally seen where an animation that should have been blocked will start but it typically will change after a moment or two. Also, very few of the beast animations don't have the tags set up properly either so they pretty much ignore the belts as well.

I would have to trust modders to include their most recent script-source in order to confidently recompile their script source.

For example, the milk-mod, which gets updated every few days and has its own development-kit.

I thought one of the features in the mod might be wonky or something, and my intention was to recompile it and skse too.

But I've been too busy playing to attempt it yet.

As a developer I'd never include my source scripts in the release package, you simply don't do that. If you want to make your project open source, then use something like GitHub to provide the scripts. Everything else is plain stupid and results in more work (since dozens of script versions are flying around in the internet and you have no control over them).

And you are doing yourself so much more work then necessary: just do the following (on a clean skyim)

1. Install the creation Kit

2. Install the zip version of SKSE inside your Skyrim main directory.

3. Install a text editor of your choice to write scripts.

4. Compile the scripts via console commands.

That is the most basic and simple setup to get scripts running. You don't need anything else. VS is only needed if you want to use C++ for more performance, but be advised, that this is a lot more work.

Furthermore: Don't use the latest GitHub commit for production work, it's unstable and should never be used. Also you are making your mod incompatible with many installations of SKSE, since you are using such an advanced version, which probably nobody has.

Question:

DD Integration is what filters what positions are used so either something is not working properly with it for you or the animation being played does not have the proper tags (most do). I occasionally seen where an animation that should have been blocked will start but it typically will change after a moment or two. Also, very few of the beast animations don't have the tags set up properly either so they pretty much ignore the belts as well.

Thanks. I think to have pointed out the source of the problem. I use with satisfaction the new NSAP animations, expecially the Leito's new ones.

The aggressive animations I chosen for RandomSex. It's probably this the culprit. Maybe they don't have the right tag, as yuo wrote.

Do you know an easy way (maybe with TES5Edit) to add the needed tags to those animations?

Do you know an easy way (maybe with TES5Edit) to add the needed tags to those animations?

that's a script. NSAPAnimationsScript exactly. So to change it you need Creation Kit or something else able to compile scripts.

in there you will find number of functions like this

function leito69(int id)
sslBaseAnimation Base = Create(id)

Base.Name = Config.animName3[0]

Base.SetContent(Sexual)
Base.SoundFX = Sucking

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "leito_69_A1_S1", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "leito_69_A1_S2", 0, silent = true, openMouth = true, sos = 9)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "leito_69_A1_S3", 0, silent = true, openMouth = true, sos = 9)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "leito_69_A1_S4", 0, silent = true, openMouth = true, sos = 9)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "leito_69_A1_S5", 0, silent = true, openMouth = true, sos = 9)

int a2 = Base.AddPosition(Male, addCum=Vaginal)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "leito_69_A2_S1", 0, silent = true, sos = 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "leito_69_A2_S2", 0, silent = true, sos = 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "leito_69_A2_S3", 0, silent = true, sos = 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "leito_69_A2_S4", 0, silent = true, sos = 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "leito_69_A2_S5", 0, silent = true, sos = 0)
Base.SetStageSoundFX(1, none)

Base.AddTag("Leito")
Base.AddTag("Sex")
Base.AddTag("Straight")
Base.AddTag("Oral")
Base.AddTag("Dirty")
Base.AddTag("Blowjob")
Base.AddTag("Cunnilingus")
Base.AddTag("69")
Base.AddTag("Knees")
Base.AddTag("MF")

Base.Save(id)
endFunction

just write more of these Base.AddTag("...."), compile and save.

ofc all those edits you make there will go down the toilet once you update / reinstall NSAP.

I need help as I've encountered a problem very early into the Embassy quest.

My Dragonborn has just arrived to deliver the package. Elenwen used the amulet on her. Ordered her to strip and then had to go away, so she asked a soldier to prepare the Dragonborn.

This is when the problem starts. The soldier gets her ready. The scene fades to black, but instead of loading the next scene, nothing changes. I'm still at the same place with the soldier. The quest just gets stuck there.

Here are the last few lines of the log:

11083137)>]: Elenwen got 4 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:11PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:19PM] [Zad]: OnContainerChanged()
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:19PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[item 6 in container  (720EFC04)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
[item 6 in container  (720EFC04)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:19PM] [Zad]: Giving item away. Not last copy.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: Giving item away. Not last copy.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnContainerChanged()
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: Captured Dreams Leg Cuffs Red Ebonite)
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: RD-Ebonite Collar (Harness))
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: Caught remove-all. Re-equipping device.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: Captured Dreams Arm Cuffs Red Ebonite)
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: Leg Cuffs is switching containers. Count: 0
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: Collar is switching containers. Count: 0
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: Arm Cuffs is switching containers. Count: 0
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Nothing needs to be done.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[item 2 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
[item 2 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory() called for one Arm Cuffs, while already wearing another.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping Collar.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:30PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 2 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:31PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 4 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:42PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:50PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 2 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:16:07PM] VM is freezing...
[09/21/2015 - 11:16:07PM] VM is frozen

Is there a way to move the quest forward with a console command line?

Had the same problem on my 2nd playthrough. Saved before the scene and tried it multiple times. Finally worked (I think the third or 4th time I tried it).

If that does not work you could try to user "player.sqs QUEST_ID" to get current stage and use "setstage QUEST_ID NEW_STAGE" to set the next stage (replace QUEST_ID with the real quest id and NEW_STAGE with the correct number). You could try "showquesttargets" to search for the correct quest id.

EDIT: Found the quest id in this thread. Should be cdxexpquest02

My Dragonborn has just arrived to deliver the package. Elenwen used the amulet on her. Ordered her to strip and then had to go away, so she asked a soldier to prepare the Dragonborn.

This is when the problem starts. The soldier gets her ready. The scene fades to black, but instead of loading the next scene, nothing changes. I'm still at the same place with the soldier. The quest just gets stuck there.

[09/21/2015 - 11:15:19PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[item 6 in container  (720EFC04)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: Captured Dreams Leg Cuffs Red Ebonite)
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: RD-Ebonite Collar (Harness))
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Maxine: Captured Dreams Arm Cuffs Red Ebonite)
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[item 2 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:20PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory() called for one Arm Cuffs, while already wearing another.
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:30PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 2 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:31PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 4 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine
[09/21/2015 - 11:15:50PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Thalmor Soldier got 2 exposure for  seeing naked Maxine

I did a recent test and had the same issue, changing to first person view allowed it to advance (no idea why that worked but it did).

stack:
stack:

I did a recent test and had the same issue, changing to first person view allowed it to advance (no idea why that worked but it did).

hey, i had the same issue. and it worked after i deinstalled firstpersonplugin?! could this be the problem? (Grüße ;):D)

stack:
stack:

hey, i had the same issue. and it worked after i deinstalled firstpersonplugin?! could this be the problem? (Grüße ;):D)

I don't use that myself but it could have contributed to your issue.

can you drop the level from 8 to 5 ? 5 doesnt start vampires off 8 does >.<

Use the slider in the MCM menu, it goes down to 5.

my mcm cant go below 8 i tryed same as bandits min is 50%

Change the Global Variable  CDxExpansionStart  to the level you want it to start at just don't change the value in the MCM menu.

I would have to trust modders to include their most recent script-source in order to confidently recompile their script source.

For example, the milk-mod, which gets updated every few days and has its own development-kit.

I thought one of the features in the mod might be wonky or something, and my intention was to recompile it and skse too.

But I've been too busy playing to attempt it yet.

As a developer I'd never include my source scripts in the release package, you simply don't do that. If you want to make your project open source, then use something like GitHub to provide the scripts. Everything else is plain stupid and results in more work (since dozens of script versions are flying around in the internet and you have no control over them).

And you are doing yourself so much more work then necessary: just do the following (on a clean skyim)

1. Install the creation Kit

2. Install the zip version of SKSE inside your Skyrim main directory.

3. Install a text editor of your choice to write scripts.

4. Compile the scripts via console commands.

That is the most basic and simple setup to get scripts running. You don't need anything else. VS is only needed if you want to use C++ for more performance, but be advised, that this is a lot more work.

Furthermore: Don't use the latest GitHub commit for production work, it's unstable and should never be used. Also you are making your mod incompatible with many installations of SKSE, since you are using such an advanced version, which probably nobody has.

Thanks.

The part about not including sources for scripts would make sense except then why does the scripts directory have a source directory, which most of the mods put (some version) of loverslab or nexusmod source scripts into?

You don't have to answer that, I think many modders feel the way you do, which is why I mumbled something about not trusting the sources.

I accidentally succeeded recompiling skse_loader.exe, after successfully installing python (for wrye-smash.pyw.) I spent hours reading how to do it wrong, but I went through forums like this one, with nice people, and figured it out anyway.

Thanks again.

in response to badbat111's and veladarius's post about vampire quest starting levels I have  a minor suggestion to make

get the mod "timing is everything" from nexus.  that particular mod runs for me with no problems in a 250+ mod setup on a

weak system and allows you to use the mcm menu to adjust when a lot of the default quests start (including dragonborn

and dawnguard) with it you can either raise or lower the levels a lot of vanilla stuff starts at. caveat it works best if you have

never used it to start it on a new game.  you cant use it to raise when dawnguard starts if it has already started for example.

other than that it works fine for me and I find the ability to adjust (delay mostly) certain quests start times really useful.

Had the same problem on my 2nd playthrough. Saved before the scene and tried it multiple times. Finally worked (I think the third or 4th time I tried it).

If that does not work you could try to user "player.sqs QUEST_ID" to get current stage and use "setstage QUEST_ID NEW_STAGE" to set the next stage (replace QUEST_ID with the real quest id and NEW_STAGE with the correct number). You could try "showquesttargets" to search for the correct quest id.

EDIT: Found the quest id in this thread. Should be cdxexpquest02

stack:
stack:

Thanks! I used console commands to get the stage and then moved it to the next stage.

As a developer I'd never include my source scripts in the release package, you simply don't do that. If you want to make your project open source, then use something like GitHub to provide the scripts. Everything else is plain stupid and results in more work (since dozens of script versions are flying around in the internet and you have no control over...

I have to comment on this...

It is of course your right to not include the source scripts in a mod you create. Just like it is my right to never  run a mod on my system that does not include source.

Of the last 150 or so mods I have installed, exactly one did not have source - and was promptly deleted.

My great fear of paid mods is that they give the authors an incentive to withhold the source.

Plenty of modders have learned how to mod by looking into other ppl work.

So if everyone would do it like that there would be a good chance that modding community as a whole would be less developed now.

Just my point of view.