Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

Hi I have problems with the Captured Dreams. The moment I am led to the solar for the first time. THe game Crashes the moment the sex scene starts... Once it run a bit further but I was placed in front of Elenwen and couldn't move....

Typically it will crash during one of the early sex scenes but reloading from a save made sometime after the point the harness is removed will allow it to run normally. As for the stop in the scene in Elenwen's room: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23844-devious-devices-captured-dreams-shop-updated-2-5-2015/?p=1325691

Tried the save game, works until a second sex scene and game freeze. I have no animations whatsoever during the first sex scene... And if I use the save game where I am on my knees after the sex scene CTD.

Hi I have problems with the Captured Dreams. The moment I am led to the solar for the first time. THe game Crashes the moment the sex scene starts... Once it run a bit further but I was placed in front of Elenwen and couldn't move....

Typically it will crash during one of the early sex scenes but reloading from a save made sometime after the point the harness is removed will allow it to run normally. As for the stop in the scene in Elenwen's room: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23844-devious-devices-captured-dreams-shop-updated-2-5-2015/?p=1325691

Tried the save game, works until a second sex scene and game freeze. I have no animations whatsoever during the first sex scene... And if I use the save game where I am on my knees after the sex scene CTD.

If it is continually freezing it is likely another mod trying to do things with you at the same time. If it continually crashes at the start of a sex scene that is SexLab and it usually does not happen after reloading the save. If you want to post a log from either event I can take a look at them.

How Do I get the Log?

Look in the 'General' section on this page: http://www.creationkit.com/FAQ:_My_Script_Doesn%27t_Work!

How's the next update coming along?

Not impatient just curious :)

Yup, curious here too...not impatient at all... :P

Testing is going slowly but I am making progress. I am going through the Player as the Master portion now, the dialogue is rather complex and the main branch of it needs reorganized. There are still several large parts that needs testing as well so I don't have any estimate on release.

How's the next update coming along?

Not impatient just curious :)

Yup, curious here too...not impatient at all... :P

Testing is going slowly but I am making progress. I am going through the Player as the Master portion now, the dialogue is rather complex and the main branch of it needs reorganized. There are still several large parts that needs testing as well so I don't have any estimate on release.

That's fine, there's no rush. But it's good to know progress is being made :)

i'm having an issue with the elenwen quest, at the part where the guards are supposed to take you to the solar to wait for elenwen. in my game, nothing happens - elenwen just orders her guards to take my pc to the solar, then the screen fades to black only to reveal that nothing happened. i've tried enableplayercontrols but my pc is still stuck.

any suggestions? :P

i'm having an issue with the elenwen quest, at the part where the guards are supposed to take you to the solar to wait for elenwen. in my game, nothing happens - elenwen just orders her guards to take my pc to the solar, then the screen fades to black only to reveal that nothing happened. i've tried enableplayercontrols but my pc is still stuck.

any suggestions? :P

Had the same problem on my 2nd playthrough. Saved before the scene and tried it multiple times. Finally worked (I think the third or 4th time I tried it).

If that does not work you could try to user "player.sqs cdxexpquest02" to get current stage and use "setstage cdxexpquest02 NEW_STAGE" to set the next stage (replace NEW_STAGE with the correct number).

The current stage of testing only I can do as it consists of running through what needs tested, find bug, fix bug then run it again. Once I have something that works well enough for me then I will allow additional testers. Due to the amount of content in this version I will be adding some testers.

The current stage of testing only I can do as it consists of running through what needs tested, find bug, fix bug then run it again. Once I have something that works well enough for me then I will allow additional testers. Due to the amount of content in this version I will be adding some testers.

Due mainly to experienced testers missing gobs, I humbly suggest (did I mention "humbly"?) you pick testers who know next-to-nothing about the game, or programming, like maybe your relatives or a few of us.

You could post specific directives

("today I want you to solve the 'puzzle of the green spoon'. Tardiness will be punsh-ed"

Due mainly to experienced testers missing gobs, I humbly suggest (did I mention "humbly"?) you pick testers who know next-to-nothing about the game, or programming, like maybe your relatives or a few of us.

("today I want you to solve the 'puzzle of the green spoon'. Tardiness will be punsh-ed"

Aelie has been my primary tester and was damn good at breaking my mod as well as pointing out issues in dialogue. Currently, most problems are due to conflicts with other mods or are minor things. When I am ready to start having others test v4 I plan on having some unexperienced people test it but my only concern is that they won't be able to use the console well enough to look up information or to try things.

Aelie has been my primary tester and was damn good at breaking my mod as well as pointing out issues in dialogue. Currently, most problems are due to conflicts with other mods or are minor things. When I am ready to start having others test v4 I plan on having some unexperienced people test it but my only concern is that they won't be able to use the console well enough to look up information or to try things.

They could be given basic pointers on what commands they should use for certain situations.

They could be given basic pointers on what commands they should use for certain situations.

Its not like that. Its hard to say what would you need and at which point.

If you notice a bug then console or papyrus log can give you hints about what caused that bug and how to get rid of it. How to get around it as well but in testing first two are most important.

For alpha testing i would even say that basic know-how about both console and CK is quite handy. It makes it a lot easier to spot broken things.

Beta testing is a little different - at this point most of major bugs should be rooted out already.

I consider what I am doing the alpha test now as I build whatever quest then test / fix it until I can run through it with no problems. During this I typically have the CK and a script editor open so I can examine and adjust things as necessary.

For the beta that is the point where I can regularly get through everything with no issues and leave it up to others to break (which it usually does).

Peaches studied up on collars and cuffs, and apparently there are a very few that can be removed without a whole lot of fanfare.

Sssso,,,,

Let's say maybe a person was doing an errand for Master, and Player (I'll just write "Peaches" or "me").

Say they were doing an errand, and Master says something about wearing the belt.

"Sure, why not, You're hot and I'm feeling submissive today"

So off they go to complete the errand, but the plugs start vibrating, the belt chafes, and Peaches removes them.

Just before she goes back into the shop, she puts them back on, thinking no one will notice.

"I see you've removed the belt. You've failed me" (Or words to that effect).

"Oh, No! Please, Master, I didn't know, I do want to please you, let me try once more"

"Well all right but this time you get the (Tyrannical really messed up plugs)"

"O yes, master, Thank you"

And heroically peaches manages to stagger away to the next errand.

See, she's a submissive slave-type-person, and all of it was willing.

It's like going to church and feeling holy after the sacrament.

(or something).

The way it is now all that boiling seething stuff towards Herran and the trash talkers is building.

It gets piled on with Elenwen, and Finally Dez'ra.

She (you, they) is either submissive or they aren't, forcing them to do stuff might make them really dangerous later on.

Maybe not, but it's 4:00 and I can't sleep, I was trying to be all immersive and stuff.

(Have a nice day) 

yea i also dont understand how experience in game development does disqualify somebody as a tester.. http://creativeskillset.org/job_roles_and_stories/job_roles/338_qa_tester

trust me you need both, knowing how to get through messed up pieces(knowing why the gears grind) and how to trigger the issue ( how about we bypass a trigger with quicktravel?). An example:

Scene: A -> B -> C

A and C are bugged, issue needs documentation. If u cant bypass the issue with A there is no way u can test C, even if its a minor bug. And setstage only helps so much...

All in all, if my help is needed i would be happy to.

yea i also dont understand how experience in game development does disqualify somebody as a tester.. http://creativeskillset.org/job_roles_and_stories/job_roles/338_qa_tester

trust me you need both, knowing how to get through messed up pieces(knowing why the gears grind) and how to trigger the issue ( how about we bypass a trigger with quicktravel?). An example:

A and C are bugged, issue needs documentation. If u cant bypass the issue with A there is no way u can test C, even if its a minor bug. And setstage only helps so much...

Wha...why... no, experience abounds, and is much appreciated, bunches.

Tons,

It's the odd point of view that might get missed, such as how in hell a person might know to pull a chain in a cave that is nearly completely dark, and the chain is hidden by a large board.

In a normal game you could google some answers (like why one of the pillars with no sign should be set to "dolphin") but in a mod, it isn't usually google-able.

Why the captured dreams shop has so many guards who make it a point of telling you not to speak to them.

et cetera (what does Master Reallyreally want)

I don't think the concept is always about actual skill in testing and reporting, but running against less than ideal setups and diversity of playstyle.

Sure, you always want a decent ability to report bugs accurately ('it doesn't work' doesn't cut it), but having a random mix of testers is always good.   Bit like everyone having the best PC to run the game, doesn't test the game for hardware compatibility in a general population.  Or if everyone is good at game mechanics and min maxes a game, hard to tell how balance is for newbs who don't. etc.

Goes back to the rule.  If you really want to idiot proof something, you need an idiot to test it. (not meant in a nasty way :) )

Meh shit hits the fan anyway when something new and complex is released, you should do like in the big world: patreon with early access to closed beta and throw them a broken, buggy mess and watch the world (forum) burn  :P 

And when mod is released, take a 3week vacation with the money you made from patreon, preferably somewhere where is no internet-access :lol:

but back on topic: Is the player-slavery to master and player-slavery to husband/wife mutually exclusive? Can player be married to dom and still do slavery-quest in the shop?

but back on topic: Is the player-slavery to master and player-slavery to husband/wife mutually exclusive? Can player be married to dom and still do slavery-quest in the shop?

You won't be able to be a slave to both your spouse and the Master, she won't take slaves that belong to someone else (at least without good reason). While you are a slave to your spouse you can still do other quests for the Master. The Chaste Life / Chaste Spouse options are restrictive but these are meant to be used more for role play than casual use. There is one way to get to do all of them though, being the master in the relationship with your spouse will allow you to be a slave to the Master.

With testing there are a few things that the testers provide:

- A different mindset when playing the quests. This helps me if I miss a possible alternative to something or something does not react properly to what they do.

- A chance to see if there is any instabilities. What works for me may not work as well for others so I may need to improve how things work.

- Someone to look at my dialogue to see if it flows properly or there is something that is missing.

The power supply in my main pc died last night both my power supply tester and the 'paper clip test' confirm that it is dead (just get a loud click when trying either). I put another psu into it to test the motherboard and it is good but the test psu can't handle the power draw from that pc. I am getting another psu in a few hours and send the old one back for rma.

You won't be able to be a slave to both your spouse and the Master, she won't take slaves that belong to someone else (at least without good reason). While you are a slave to your spouse you can still do other quests for the Master. The Chaste Life / Chaste Spouse options are restrictive but these are meant to be used more for role play than casual use. There is one way to get to do all of them though, being the master in the relationship with your spouse will allow you to be a slave to the Master.

- A different mindset when playing the quests. This helps me if I miss a possible alternative to something or something does not react properly to what they do.

- A chance to see if there is any instabilities. What works for me may not work as well for others so I may need to improve how things work.

- Someone to look at my dialogue to see if it flows properly or there is something that is missing.

The power supply in my main pc died last night both my power supply tester and the 'paper clip test' confirm that it is dead (just get a loud click when trying either). I put another psu into it to test the motherboard and it is good but the test psu can't handle the power draw from that pc. I am getting another psu in a few hours and send the old one back for rma.

I love it when you talk hardware.

The RMA'd PSU, I wouldn't put much faith in them.

I was a proselyte for a power supply company in the nineties, until their

product died occasionally (whenever it felt like it).

RMA, and they said it was fine.

Can't remember the rest except I've never bought them after that.

The new PSU therefore (I think) should be as nice as your old one,

not some hasty interim replacement.

O, maybe, um, unplug a few USB devices, you don't need them all the time and they just leech power, cause heat.

I was going to buy a new keyboard and maybe a vacuum cleaner,

and then Amazon had a sale on Routers.

So if it's still on sale tomorrow, I'm getting it.

This might be as nuts as some person wishing for Prada shoes,

but all user reviews love it

Unless they don't.

I love it when you talk hardware.

The RMA'd PSU, I wouldn't put much faith in them.

I was a proselyte for a power supply company in the nineties, until their

product died occasionally (whenever it felt like it).

RMA, and they said it was fine.

Can't remember the rest except I've never bought them after that.

The new PSU therefore (I think) should be as nice as your old one,

not some hasty interim replacement.

O, maybe, um, unplug a few USB devices, you don't need them all the time and they just leech power, cause heat.

I was going to buy a new keyboard and maybe a vacuum cleaner,

and then Amazon had a sale on Routers.

So if it's still on sale tomorrow, I'm getting it.

This might be as nuts as some person wishing for Prada shoes,

but all user reviews love it

Unless they don't.

I have had pretty good luck with rma's other than the time it takes. Gigabyte did ok with the videocard I sent back to them earlier this year but they were slow to give me updates on the progress. I have not heard anything bad about Corsair and rma's and everything I have had from them has been pretty good quality.

I have the new psu installed, it is a remanufactured Corsair 1000w gold for $120 US. When the other psu died it didn't damage anything else luckily.

While theoretically unplugging USB devices could conserve some power, the amount they draw is so pitifully tiny compared to pretty much anything else running in the system that if you actually have to resort to that you should really be getting a higher power PSU. 

I love corsair hardware! They have excellent customer service, and their products are very well made. As a note: do NOT use corsair software! It sucks! ;)