View File

A while back I converted Rost3's fantastic freckle body textures (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15766/?) to a racemenu overlay so I could use it independent of my skin texture. He recently got back to me granting permission to share it, so here it is.

There are two overlays, one for the body that adds freckles to the shoulders, chest and back area and a face overlay that adds freckles around the neck to prevent a noticeable seam. The neck freckles turned out kind of subtle in racemenu so they may need to be applied a few times, 'stacking' them to make them stand out relative to the body texture.

Requires RaceMenu to be installed of course.

All credit for the texures goes to Rost3 for going above and beyond in providing the source files for his freckle texture.

Further credit to Expired6978 for Racemenu and the documentation provided with it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/08/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    Racemenu: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks, glad people are finding it useful!

This is a really excellent mod!   I've been wanting to make a "Ginger" for such a long time.   Thanks!!!

I have as well, which is what lead me to put this together. I really wanted some shoulder freckles to finish the look but didn't want to use a body texture, especially after finally finding body and face textures that blended so well together. I was ecstatic when I found Rost3's mod and saw he provided his source files, I really couldn't have hoped for a better solution.

I'd like to do more of these plugins but don't have many ideas at the moment.

I am working on a milky breasts texture as well but I'm not quite happy with it yet:

f6DvhVI.png

Any interest in doing a pubic hair overlay plugin? You know, some different pubic hair styles you can equip and unequip on the go. Thanks!! There is actually a request thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22407-req-pubes-for-racemenu-plugin/  So as you can see, it's not just me.

That's a really good idea! Actually that sounds like something I'd like to have too now that I think about it, especially with RaceMenu's colour-chooser. I'll look into it and see if I can find some likely enough textures that no one minds I use but I'm pretty artistically incompetent when it comes to texturing myself.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Update: I'm still working on finding some proper pube textures but someone over on Nexus suggested tanlines, which are something I figured I probably could do. So, pulling the alpha from an old SIMs 2 bikini I made ages ago I came up with this:

iv23sZr.png

Because the bodies are very different there's still a lot of tweaking and refining to do, matching the seams specifically, but I think it's turning out nicely.

Can anyone please explaine how you use Overlays..? I'm trying to use this mod, and it works. But i only get the neck textures and dont know how to find the rest of them?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Alright, I'm assuming you have RaceMenu installed so the first thing you need to do is make sure you also installed the Loose Base Scripts from it as well. Once you have that just navigate to the overlay tabs: http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/48633-1-1386544669.png (The last four tabs on the right, press 'T' to choose a texture) NeckFreckles should be under the makeup overlays, though by the sound of it you've already found those, and the BodyFreckles should show up under Body Paint. If they still aren't showing up after installing RaceMenu's Loose Base Scripts try installing the optional RaceMenuOverlays.esp they provide and see if anything at all shows up under Body Paint.

Hope that helps!

Update: I'm still working on finding some proper pube textures but someone over on Nexus suggested tanlines, which are something I figured I probably could do. So, pulling the alpha from an old SIMs 2 bikini I made ages ago I came up with this:

iv23sZr.png

Because the bodies are very different there's still a lot of tweaking and refining to do, matching the seams specifically, but I think it's turning out nicely.

Can anyone please explaine how you use Overlays..? I'm trying to use this mod, and it works. But i only get the neck textures and dont know how to find the rest of them?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Alright, I'm assuming you have RaceMenu installed so the first thing you need to do is make sure you also installed the Loose Base Scripts from it as well. Once you have that just navigate to the overlay tabs: http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/48633-1-1386544669.png (The last four tabs on the right, press 'T' to choose a texture) NeckFreckles should be under the makeup overlays, though by the sound of it you've already found those, and the BodyFreckles should show up under Body Paint. If they still aren't showing up after installing RaceMenu's Loose Base Scripts try installing the optional RaceMenuOverlays.esp they provide and see if anything at all shows up under Body Paint.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for fast respond!

So the thing is i might have explained pretty bad on the last quote, but I'm going to go a bit more in depth..

I have RaceMenu, I have Loose Base Scripts, and I have the RaceMenuOverlays.

So what's happening is that when I load up my save file I type in "showracemenu" in the console. Once I have done that RaceMenu pops up and I go to the far right section which is called "Makeup" (or something like that, I'm not really sure..). There is something called NordFaceWarPaint (or something similar). I hover my cursor over that and press "T" when i do, "Beauty mark 1", "Beauty mark 2" ect., Dragon tribal 1 and NeckFreckles, pop up in a window called overlays.

And that's it, I can't find the "Body Freckles" anywhere.

So what I think might be the problem is that I'm using Body Slide for BBP (I'm also using CBBE btw.). Though I'm not sure as you say it works with all Body mods..

And I think the main issue might be that my RaceMenu is not detecting my body textures or something, I don't know you are the pro..

Please tell me if you want me to add screenshots or something if that helps.

Again, thanks for your fast response. It's way to many modders that take ages to answere! ;)

Your mod looks good by the way, would really enjoy it if I can get it working.. (I'm a lonely bastard, videogame women is all i got..)

*snip*

Once I have done that RaceMenu pops up and I go to the far right section which is called "Makeup" (or something like that, I'm not really sure..). There is something called NordFaceWarPaint (or something similar). I hover my cursor over that and press "T" when i do, "Beauty mark 1", "Beauty mark 2" ect., Dragon tribal 1 and NeckFreckles.

It sounds like you're looking for both overlays in the "Makeup" tab.

The body freckles are in the tab beside "Makeup". (the second section with the outline of a person) It should say "Body Paint" at the top like this: 

Svt3aP9.png

That's the section for any overlays below the neck. (Other than hands and feet which also have their own sections)

Is that any help?

And it's no problem, really.  :D

*snip*

Once I have done that RaceMenu pops up and I go to the far right section which is called "Makeup" (or something like that, I'm not really sure..). There is something called NordFaceWarPaint (or something similar). I hover my cursor over that and press "T" when i do, "Beauty mark 1", "Beauty mark 2" ect., Dragon tribal 1 and NeckFreckles.

It sounds like you're looking for both overlays in the "Makeup" tab.

The body freckles are in the tab beside "Makeup". (the second section with the outline of a person) It should say "Body Paint" at the top like this: 

Svt3aP9.png

That's the section for any overlays below the neck. (Other than hands and feet which also have their own sections)

Is that any help?

And it's no problem, really.  :D

Thanks yet again!

Yeah, that does help me in some way.. These last three sections isn't there in my game... Do you have any idea what could have caused this? :/ Do I have an outdated version of SKSE or RaceMenu maybe?

Looks like your SKSE is outdated. Quoted from RaceMenu page:

Are the last 3 categories unavailable? If so this indicates you don't really have the latest version of SKSE running. Many people misunderstand what the latest version is, the _1_9_32 on the end of the DLL is not SKSE's version. This is the game's runtime version indicating that the DLL will only run for that game version, there can be multiple versions of SKSE for the same game version.

Try updating SKSE, but backup your current SKSE files so you can roll back in case the new version doesn't agree with your particular set up. It has never happened to me but it doesn't hurt to be careful. If all goes smoothly that should solve your RaceMenu problems.  :)

Looks like your SKSE is outdated. Quoted from RaceMenu page:

Are the last 3 categories unavailable? If so this indicates you don't really have the latest version of SKSE running. Many people misunderstand what the latest version is, the _1_9_32 on the end of the DLL is not SKSE's version. This is the game's runtime version indicating that the DLL will only run for that game version, there can be multiple versions of SKSE for the same game version.

Try updating SKSE, but backup your current SKSE files so you can roll back in case the new version doesn't agree with your particular set up. It has never happened to me but it doesn't hurt to be careful. If all goes smoothly that should solve your RaceMenu problems.  :)

Yeah.. Sorry about that..

Ok, I think this sums it up, I found out the problem.

So I was using a VERY outdated RaceMenu, the reason i haven't noticed this before is because I have downloaded it with the Nexus Mod manager and as good believing I am i thought  that it updated automaticly like many of the other mods on the nexus.. I did recently revert my skyrim to a fresh game, but since I did not check for updates on the mods I aleredy had I just installed the lod one again from my already existing file.. So sorry about wasting your time.. This was obviuosly all my bad.. :/

Well thank you for your continuing support! :)

(Mod endorsed on the nexus btw, and congrats on frontpage! :D)

iv23sZr.png

I was going to suggest tanlines then I saw this post :P Guess I'm looking forward to it then :D

Tan plus freckles shoul add a nice touch to body customization.