[Req] Pubes for RaceMenu Plugin

Galacticat42

With the new Overlays Plugin for the Racemenu mod by Expired, I'd imagine it would be possible to put together a pack of pubic designs and colors for the overlays plugin. That way it would be possible to not only have a styled bush, but have it colored and most importantly, make it interchangeable in-game. I've looked over both LL and the Nexus and couldn't find anything like this. I'd do it myself, but I've a lot on my plate already.

Same with tan and sunburn. Would be fantastic to have that in race menu.

This would be possible.

but if they did, then it should be 3D-pussy hair!

This would involve actually attaching meshes which is not possible (well it is, but it wouldn't really work that well since it would be specific to every armor you wear), otherwise you can at best have another normal map to give the illusion of 3d. RaceMenu overlay plugins support alternative normal maps but you have to use the AddBodyPaintEx function, which lets you specify the particular texture you want to replace.

That is great idea, but will it be fully compatibile with all texture replacers? I mean when someone's using Navetsea's textures or SG, or Mature one... that would be awesome!

It would be. Racemenu just puts layers on top of your current body texture. The only thing that could be an issue is that certain textures will just not look good if combined with each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's actually really simple as long as you have the texture without the rest of the body. You make it as though it were a tintmask, so black and white, where white shows and black doesn't, then you move that to the alpha channel so it actually works like that. Then you color the RGB channel to whatever color you want it to be prior to tinting, for hair styles usually they aren't neutral so it's ok to just color the RGB channel to whatever you want it to look like.

I could easily make the plugin if someone provides the textures and normal maps. You could work with an entire body texture but that's not really the point, you want to be able to swap the texture out but still keep the body you're using.

It's actually really simple as long as you have the texture without the rest of the body. You make it as though it were a tintmask, so black and white, where white shows and black doesn't, then you move that to the alpha channel so it actually works like that. Then you color the RGB channel to whatever color you want it to be prior to tinting, for hair styles usually they aren't neutral so it's ok to just color the RGB channel to whatever you want it to look like.

I could easily make the plugin if someone provides the textures and normal maps. You could work with an entire body texture but that's not really the point, you want to be able to swap the texture out but still keep the body you're using.

You can probably find a few pubic hair textures here on the site. It would also be really cool if you could make it work with your Extended Slider Colors mod. I hope you can get to work on it soon.

I"ve used this in the past. It works really good and its nice for the npcs to have different body types. The problem I encountered was the Dreaded HeadSeam bug started up. I was impressed with the work though and endorsed it. At this point, the files can be manulated so the different races have different body types. Yes, Bump. To shave or not to shave, that is the question.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13567/?

With some work and ingeninuity, it might be converted to something your looking for. 

Archived