Shicozaru Posted August 17 Posted August 17 5 hours ago, GrimGrim31 said: I am not sure what you mean by bodies that are set to unbreakable objects? One of the mods I am using will be bugged if corpses of NPCs added by that mod be scrapped but there`s an option for setting corpses unbreakable to avoid problems. When I test that mod with Human Cattle after post that, settlement robots properly recognize them as non-scrappable bodies so maybe there`s no problem. And thank you for replying about just business thingies. Maybe I will use that with Human Cattle.
kannz Posted August 21 Posted August 21 On 8/16/2026 at 2:23 PM, GrimGrim31 said: This is probably due to your mod load order. If you use mods that change the previsibines for Vault 81 Secret, try loading them after my mod. after I updated your mod to most current it seems to have stopped it. now I can go into vault 81 and everything is normal. 😛 I guess I was using one version older than the current one. 1
GrimGrim31 Posted September 9 Author Posted September 9 Version 2.5.4. is available now for download. I made a lot of small changes, most of which I cannot remember. I have been playtesting for several months and making small corrections as I went. There are some voice files added for Edward Deegan, Emogene Cabot, and the male and female player. If you are using the mod that allows Emogene to become a settler, Edward may show up there looking for her. If she has disguised herself as a hucow, Edward might start a dialogue with you. Dialogue has changed slightly with Rhode Island Red because I made it possible to trade with her outside settlements. You also have the choice to trade either settlement cows or follower cows with her. You can alternate back-to-back trading sessions with her to sell both, but she still only takes five cows in each of her visits. Red also will not follow you around. She travels to the center of the settlement and waits there. I also added a Heifer Pill that you can use on female (and male) NPCs when you don't want to change them to mindless hucows. They will look like hucows and lactate like them (providing milk for their settlement) but will function almost normally in all other respects (including combat). This is useful if you want to change NPCs in Diamond City (because a syringe starts a combat alarm there). The pill also works on caravan NPCs (female guards, Carla). Note that the change is instantaneous. I might add a slow change version. I added an ability to Revive recently killed human NPCs. Use the MCM to turn this ability on. Once the ability is on, you need hucow serum syringes or injectors in your inventory (having them loaded in the Syringer rifle doesn't count) to use the Revival ability. When you kill human NPCs or find them deceased at camp sites in the Commonwealth, you can revive them as hucows. Revived NPCs might start a dialogue with you, but you can skip through it if you prefer. NOTE: THIS ABILITY DOES NOT WORK ON HUMAN NPCS THAT HAVE BEEN DEAD FOR A LONG TIME. Examples of non-revivable NPCS are the dead Raider and Minutemen in Concord, the dead Raider on the road between Sanctuary and the Red Rocket, etc. I made changes to the Bull Sex quest so a female player hucow should get fucked more by bulls if you allow it in the MCM settings. I assume this mod works for all versions of FO4 now but I only playtest it on the pre-NG version. If you notice bugs or other odd things happening that you believe are part of this mod, post issues, screenshots, and/or questions here. 4
Dranos1 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 When i try to recruit Loris for the quest he just keeps saying Hello sir with no dialog 1
GrimGrim31 Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 4 hours ago, Dranos1 said: When i try to recruit Loris for the quest he just keeps saying Hello sir with no dialog Okay, I will take a look at that later today.
GrimGrim31 Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 4 hours ago, Dranos1 said: When i try to recruit Loris for the quest he just keeps saying Hello sir with no dialog Out of curiousity, have you completed your required dialogue with Doctor Moreau before trying to recruit Lloris? When you make Doctor Moreau's quest the current one in your Pipboy, what objective is showing?
Dranos1 Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Yes i have quest and and its showing on map i am talked to Doctor Moraeu
GrimGrim31 Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 (edited) 18 hours ago, Dranos1 said: Yes i have quest and and its showing on map i am talked to Doctor Moraeu I checked the scene and then playtested it as a male PC. It works fine and there are no conditions for the dialogue after Lloris greets you. Something either interrupted your conversation with him or you moved away from him while talking (or he moved away from you before his stay at scene package kicked in). Give him a moment and then try again. It is a player activated conversation so you can try as many times as you like. If you get no dialogue "Talk" option with him then it is a FO4 bug that occasionally happens when talking to NPCs. Save, reload, and then talk. If all else fails, just go on ahead with the quest. Having Lloris along is more fun but optional for quest completion. He will stay at Finch Farm until you finish the quest. Edited September 13 by GrimGrim31
Dranos1 Posted September 13 Posted September 13 1 hour ago, GrimGrim31 said: I checked the scene and then playtested it as a male PC. It works fine and there are no conditions for the dialogue after Lloris greets you. Something either interrupted your conversation with him or you moved away from him while talking (or he moved away from you before his stay at scene package kicked in). Give him a moment and then try again. It is a player activated conversation so you can try as many times as you like. If you get no dialogue "Talk" option with him then it is a FO4 bug that occasionally happens when talking to NPCs. Save, reload, and then talk. If all else fails, just go on ahead with the quest. Having Lloris along is more fun but optional for quest completion. He will stay at Finch Farm until you finish the quest. The settlement was attached briefly while trying to interact with them 1
Dranos1 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Even after completing quest stayed at Flinch farm and didn't go to the slog or vault 81
GrimGrim31 Posted September 16 Author Posted September 16 On 9/14/2026 at 11:43 AM, Dranos1 said: Even after completing quest stayed at Flinch farm and didn't go to the slog or vault 81 Is he walking around Finch Farm or is he standing at one spot all of the time?
Dranos1 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 On 9/16/2026 at 3:09 AM, GrimGrim31 said: Is he walking around Finch Farm or is he standing at one spot all of the time? Hes standing in one spot unless the area is attacked
GrimGrim31 Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) 14 minutes ago, Dranos1 said: Hes standing in one spot unless the area is attacked I have looked in the esp at the quest and tried it out in game on an old save and a new game. He works like he is supposed to and I don't see any conditions that might stop him from talking. So I have no idea why he is hanging up for you. Looking at the quest variables might shed some light on the mystery. Do you know how to use console commands? What version of FO4 are you using? Are you using the latest version of this mod? Since Lloris is moving around when the farm is attacked, we can rule out the possibility that he is restrained. Edited September 17 by GrimGrim31
Dranos1 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 1 hour ago, GrimGrim31 said: I have looked in the esp at the quest and tried it out in game on an old save and a new game. He works like he is supposed to and I don't see any conditions that might stop him from talking. So I have no idea why he is hanging up for you. Looking at the quest variables might shed some light on the mystery. Do you know how to use console commands? What version of FO4 are you using? Are you using the latest version of this mod? Since Lloris is moving around when the farm is attacked, we can rule out the possibility that he is restrained. I deleted my old save (OG) and started a new one and it worked. though still waiting for them to arrive at vault 81 1
Mr.Gee Posted September 18 Posted September 18 Hi everyone, I created a small add-on for this great mod because I wanted horns and ears for my hucow. They are based on "Wearable Ears and Tails 1.0.4" by valcon767, which you can download here (required): It works for both NPCs and the player whenever they become (or already are) a hucow. Trigger for NPCs = Hucow Faction; for the player = Hucow Perk. VaultTecExp134_addon.7z 2
Dranos1 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I noticed that Scrapping dirt in Vault 81 Secret. The Settlers would still go to the original mound high if using something like farming
duke2 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Sorry to bother, I just did a total reinstall of everything that touched fallout4. I use vortex. I enable the mod load in a brand new character. and can can't find anything from this mod. other mods are fully working. after restarting vortex I find the esp not enabled. Relaunch the game same issue. esp never got enabled. did full sort of plug ins and mods made sure mod order wasn't the problem. this is not the only mod doing this.
GrimGrim31 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 11 hours ago, duke2 said: Sorry to bother, I just did a total reinstall of everything that touched fallout4. I use vortex. I enable the mod load in a brand new character. and can can't find anything from this mod. other mods are fully working. after restarting vortex I find the esp not enabled. Relaunch the game same issue. esp never got enabled. did full sort of plug ins and mods made sure mod order wasn't the problem. this is not the only mod doing this. This happens to any mod when you do not have the required mods installed. Make sure you have all of the required mods for Human Cattle. Fallout 4's DLCs Automatron Contraptions Workshop Far Harbor Nuka World Vault-Tec Workshop Wasteland Workshop AAF XDI (Extended Dialogue Interface)
Cealapa Posted September 24 Posted September 24 11 hours ago, duke2 said: Sorry to bother, I just did a total reinstall of everything that touched fallout4. I use vortex. I enable the mod load in a brand new character. and can can't find anything from this mod. other mods are fully working. after restarting vortex I find the esp not enabled. Relaunch the game same issue. esp never got enabled. did full sort of plug ins and mods made sure mod order wasn't the problem. this is not the only mod doing this. Besides what @GrimGrim31 said you could verify for yourself in Vortex if you had missing "masters" (hard required mods). On the left side, Plugins tab, Flags column you should have only white icons. If you see something orange that means you have missing masters and affected mod won't work. Double click on it and you'll see in the right a new column where those missing masters are orange marked. Spoiler
GrimGrim31 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) On 9/22/2026 at 8:24 AM, Dranos1 said: I noticed that Scrapping dirt in Vault 81 Secret. The Settlers would still go to the original mound high if using something like farming I will take a look at it. Maybe the navmesh precuts are not quite right. EDIT: I had a look at it. The navmesh for those dirt areas will have to be reworked. The original navmesh follows the contour of the dirt mounds and it will take a lot of work to fix that issue. It's not complicated work but it is long and tedious. Edited September 24 by GrimGrim31
serra2 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 So, what are the spawn conditions for Dr Hope? I have had playthroughs where she shows up the second I get a Hucow, and others where I never see her.
GrimGrim31 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) Version 2.5.5. is available now for download. This update makes several minor changes: You can build a post in your settlement for Rhode Island Red (the travelling hucow trader). She will travel there and wait instead of going to the center of the settlement. This is useful when you have a very congested settlement or something built over the center. Note that you have to run the holotape for Building Plans and Specifications in your Pipboy or a terminal to access all of this mod's constructible objects. You will also need Local Leader 1 unlocked to construct Red's Post. Note that you can only have one post for Red at any given time. If you build a new one, the old one is removed. I fixed the issue with reviving dead humans as hucows. You can see an example of the Revival prompt when you move the cursor over a dead human. Note that you must have hucow serum (a syringe or injector) in your inventory (not loaded in the syringer) or you will not see the "Revive" prompt. You also have to turn the option to Revive on in the MCM settings for this mod. Some new voiced dialogue has been added for RobotProtectron, Carla (femaleOld), Cricket, Lucas, Doc Weathers, and their caravan guards. The protectron dialogue is used when a protectron (including Drinking Buddy) is cleaning up hucow poop or bodies at a settlement. The new caravan actor dialogue is used when Carla or one of the female caravan guards is a hucow. HOWEVER, you must convert them into a hucow using a Heifer Instant Transformation pill. If you use any other method to convert them, the new dialogue will not work. The pill has to be placed in their inventory to take effect. I have redone a few more scenes for the female player with Nora's voice instead of the voice that I used when I first created this mod. This is an ongoing process until all of the female player dialogue uses Nora's voice. There are other minor changes as I tweak errors found during playtesting. Edited September 24 by GrimGrim31
GrimGrim31 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) 51 minutes ago, serra2 said: So, what are the spawn conditions for Dr Hope? I have had playthroughs where she shows up the second I get a Hucow, and others where I never see her. There is a ten percent chance that she will show up at a player owned settlement that has at least two hucows (male or female). The mod checks every four hours to see if the player is in a settlement location. It uses a randomizer and there is a ten percent chance that Dr. Hope will show up if other conditions are met. If she never shows up, then it is likely that she is already at another player owned settlement with hucows, and you just missed seeing here there. Once she shows up at a settlement, she will not move to another unless you send her like any other settler. She often shows up for me before I have even built her office, bed, and idle markers for her research. I usually base her in Sanctuary but have sometimes placed her at Sunshine Tidings, Starlight Drive-in, or Egret Tours Marina. These are my favorite settlements to use for hucow farms. Edited September 24 by GrimGrim31
GrimGrim31 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) The post that you can build for Rhode Island Red is a simple bollard as shown in the pic above. If she is already in your settlement, she will still move to the post after you build it. Edited September 24 by GrimGrim31
ShovelBot Posted September 24 Posted September 24 (edited) I can't seem to get this mod to work properly. I have never seen the milking animation. The cows do no morph to appear to need milked, and do not ever need milked. I have tried several variations of load order, etc, and nothing seems to fix it. In the latest attempt, after installing 2.5.5, I still don't get the Hucow furniture option in the Workshop mode, and I can't make Syringer ammo. What am I doing wrong? The game version is the latest, 1.11.240 F4SE and everything like the UFO4 patch are up to date. I load the Hucow mod last in the mods list. Edited September 24 by ShovelBot Added details
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now