XDragonDMX Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) Hi, I'm trying to complete the quest where a need to get the skooma, the 10 bottles, hammer and tongs, but it seems that they are not being recognized in my inventory because the woman who gives me the quest keeps asking for them Edited September 30 by XDragonDMX
El_Duderino Posted October 2 Author Posted October 2 On 9/30/2026 at 6:39 PM, XDragonDMX said: I'm trying to complete the quest where a need to get the skooma, the 10 bottles, hammer and tongs, but it seems that they are not being recognized in my inventory because the woman who gives me the quest keeps asking for them Hi, when you return to the quest giver at this point, you must have the correct specific items in your inventory. All are vanilla items: - BlacksmithTongs01 (x1) - BlacksmithHammer01 (x1) - WineBottle02AEmpty (x10) - Skooma (x1) OR WindhelmDoubleDistilledSkooma (x1) You should be given these exact items if you obtained them from Riften NPCs via this mod's dialogue. If you found them or added them via console, make sure that they really are the precise items the mod is looking for. The note which the lady gave you has some more details. You may have got the wrong type of wine bottles?
bpmcgee Posted Friday at 05:21 PM Posted Friday at 05:21 PM I'm having a strange issue right at the very beginning of the quest. Brand new save, started the quest with the setstage command. I speak with the leader, get the quest stage changed to travel to Riften, but when I get to Riften I can't get into the town. The gate isn't clickable. The 3 NPCs have followed me, but they have no more suggestions. Is something wrong here beyond me being an idiot? B
El_Duderino Posted Friday at 05:25 PM Author Posted Friday at 05:25 PM 2 minutes ago, bpmcgee said: when I get to Riften I can't get into the town. The gate isn't clickable. Hi, that sounds like vanilla behaviour to me. One of the gate guards should force-greet you? You may have to speak to them manually if that for whatever reason didn't fire. Actual spoiler if you get stuck: Spoiler If you can't convince the guards to open the gate for you or can't afford their fee, the leader of your rescuers should have some extra dialogue.
bpmcgee Posted Friday at 06:32 PM Posted Friday at 06:32 PM 1 hour ago, El_Duderino said: Hi, that sounds like vanilla behaviour to me. One of the gate guards should force-greet you? You may have to speak to them manually if that for whatever reason didn't fire. Actual spoiler if you get stuck: Hide contents If you can't convince the guards to open the gate for you or can't afford their fee, the leader of your rescuers should have some extra dialogue. There aren't any guards outside the gate. B
El_Duderino Posted Friday at 11:31 PM Author Posted Friday at 11:31 PM 4 hours ago, bpmcgee said: There aren't any guards outside the gate. That is very unusual, I've never seen that happen in the decade+ that I've been playing Skyrim now. I can only vaguely guess what could have caused that (some enemies killed them? A mod overwriting the Riften exterior in an incompatible way? Your savegame is broken?) I am confident though that it's not my mod that caused the guards to disappear. There's more about the Riften gate guards here (3rd paragraph): https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Riften
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now