Sexcraft - A speechcraft overhaul [BETA]

5 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

This looks fucking good. [...] would it conflict with existing prostitution mods like Radiant Prostitution/TDF Prostitution?

Thank you! No, no conflicts. Sexcraft only displays its topic when you tease NPCs with the sex button so you can easily ignore this feature if you want to. I use it with radiant prostitution without issue.

4 hours ago, abcd99 said:

Can you add this perk to NPCs?

Not yet, but this is something I want to do :) 

For most perks it is trivial, but some other perks are trickier if I want to stay nice with the papyrus engine.

3 hours ago, Rosvinar said:

I hope this isn't too much of an ask, so sorry in advance, but would it be possible to get a changelog?

Of course, a changelog will be provided. If you see the mod updated without a changelog, it means that I added pictures, or updated the description but nothing more.

2 hours ago, qualcheduna said:

Would it be possible to either add these keyboards to the checks or have a way to add additional keywords in the config? [...] Mod looks great! :)

Thank you! Yes the revealing armor detection is minimalistic for now. This is on my todo list of stuff to improve :)

2 hours ago, SomeDragonbornGuy said:

Sounds amazing if was non-sl and oStim instead.

Thanks, but it is out of scope, sorry!

1 hour ago, kidleader96 said:

hi why when i installed this mods, my char weight always reset to 0 ?

Hi, it is a feature. Everything is explained in the description.

Edited by SNK_1
Formatting

Interesting mod but i'm running into a few bugs on my side.

1. The Hotkey doesn't give me any output in the console. Trying the command you recommend, it says that there is no papyrus script attached.
2. I can't talk to any NPC, they just look at me but I don't get a dialogue menu. Only started to not function after installing the mod.

19 hours ago, SNK_1 said:

I did not know about that. I provided the source code with this message, let me know if you find anything.

Thanks. I saw nothing strange here (and the code looks pretty clean btw), so I did some more testing. I tried to recompile things via CK, which for some scripts works with SL P+ 1.8.2.3, but not all. The GetThread function you're using isn't in SL P+ 1.8.2.3. Trying it in-game anyway I saw the hotkey was now working, but no scenes would start from dialogue and NPCs would not follow me. I guess that means SL P+ 1.8.2.3 is not compatible at the moment.

I grabbed SL P+ 2.3.2.1 from their discord and tried again - this time all scripts compiled. Couldn't test it in-game though - SL P+ crashed on me as soon as I tried to start a SL scene. I'm don't really want to put in the time to figure out how to fix that as well, so that's as far as I'll go for now - I have my own mod(s) to tend to >.> I might give it another shot later.

Some feedback on the parts that did already work for me:

• The tease dialogue is well written.
  • The one-button approach feels like it works pretty well.
  • The sweating effect and weight change work without issues. Didn't test the others yet.
  • The tutorial messages are good, but some of them seem like they are too long to display and cut off midway.
  • Also, the listed keys in the tutorial messages describe the resulting action, not the key itself. Telling me "Press the [Sex] button for sex!" is amusing, but not terribly helpful if I don't remember the keybind already 😛 Would be more useful if they showed the key that was bound to the action instead, if that's possible.

bounty was 450 from a gaurd after he walked away, tryed another gaurd, another bounty, it went up rather quickly, i have TDF which i seen has no issue with this mod in the reply's already, BM license's is the other major mod in question for this given it can give bounty's 

@Frayed Thank you for your help and your feedback, I really appreciate it 🙏

I was beginning to think that this whole thing only worked on my PC :/

During your testing, did it work after that you recompiled the scripts or did it also work before?

36 minutes ago, Frayed said:

Also, the listed keys in the tutorial messages describe the resulting action, not the key itself. Telling me "Press the [Sex] button for sex!" is amusing, but not terribly helpful.

Yeah, I hear you about the tutorial messages, they need some improvement and the tutorial quest also. I improved them a bit for the next release.

@Vnique Which command did you try? This one sqv SCHotkeysQuest?

Can you try with a minimalistic LO? Like just with sexcraft and its dependencies? Also it seems that the current version is only compatible with SLP+ 2.3.0+

That might be the issue. About the NPC not talking I am clueless tbh, I never had the problem.

@RandomKhajiit Can you check in xEdit if Sexcraft has any conflicts with other mods from your LO? Looks like a compatibility issue to me. I don't know about TDF, I only use Radiant prostitution.

50 minutes ago, SNK_1 said:

@Frayed Thank you for your help and your feedback, I really appreciate it 🙏

I was beginning to think that this whole thing only worked on my PC :/

During your testing, did it work after that you recompiled the scripts or did it also work before?

Np. I was lucky enough that some helpful folks helped me test my mod when I first posted it, and this mod looks great, so it deserves a good start 🙂

I'll summarize for clarity:

Scripts as downloaded with SL P+ 1.8.2.3: hotkey doesn't work, stack dumps in Papyrus log.

Scripts recompiled with SL P+ 1.8.2.3: not all scripts compile but the hotkey one does, and in-game the hotkey works, but scenes will not start from the resulting dialogue. No stack dumps.

Scripts recompiled with SL P+ 2.3.2.1: all scripts compile, but I couldn't test further because of crashes when starting SL scenes.

From what I can tell from the script compile errors it's probably just that the SL P+ API changed between those two versions, and your scripts use the new API, which doesn't exist in 1.8.2.3. Papyrus doesn't handle trying to call functions that don't exist very elegantly, from my experience. Could well be the cause of those stack dumps I saw. And stack dumps cause all sorts of other problems, maybe even what @RandomKhajiit mentioned about not being able to talk to NPCs - I think I vaguely remember seeing that myself before.

I suspect if I could get SL P+ 2.3.2.1 working then this mod would probably work as well, but unfortunately that seems to require a bit more time and effort than I have at the moment. I might give it another shot later.

4 hours ago, Frayed said:

Scripts recompiled with SL P+ 1.8.2.3: not all scripts compile but the hotkey one does, and in-game the hotkey works, but scenes will not start from the resulting dialogue. No stack dumps.

There's my answer. I did a new game, installed SL P+ 1.8.2.3 and everything else needed and everything works...seduced NPC, they follow me, find a spot, let do it here... then nothing happens

I used other mods to start sex (SLEN, spells) everything works. So it's your mod and SL P+ 1.8.2.3. I'll try the latest version SL P+ and lose all my animations because in their wisdom they decided to reinvent the wheel. I'm open for reinventing the wheel... but only if it makes the wheel better. I just want to see the full concept of your mod (Which I like).

BTW- I always have lots of bugs with SL P+ (Or any mod in that ecosystem). Why limit your mod with it ? 

I love the concept for this mod! I'll give this a follow for now as I am somewhat apprehensive about the possible compatibility issues with Ordinator as well as my lack of PPlus. The use of adjusting the weight of the player as opposed to using racemenu's morphs is one of the best selling points for me. The exclusion of a separate tree is a bit disappointing but it's understandable if you don't want to open that can of worms. Good stuff regardless!

EDIT: It's rare I see someone who can make synthesis patchers, would you mind dropping this for general use?

On 1/20/2024 at 1:12 PM, SNK_1 said:

I made a synthesis patcher re-weighting NPCs from 0 to 60

Edited by PRYINGORBS
Synthesis Request + I suck at reading

1.  Are the sexuality points still speechcraft points ? means you can also raise the skill by selling items. if not, how did you change that ?

2. How did you calculate the amount of skillpoints necessary to skillup ?  Means the formula how every skilllevel needs more skillpoints and how to get them.

Wouldnt it be easier, more solid and universal usable if simply each sexact from sexlab raises sexuality ?

Edited by shiagwen

Well got it working installing the latest SL P+ ver 2.3.2.1  It says on Discord that version is for Skyrim 1.6.1130 but it works with no dll errors on Skyrim 1.6.640

After installing the SLSB animations conversion 0.6 your mod works. By works I mean seduced NPC, they follow me, find a spot, sex happens, you gain experience and so on.

Now the bad news. SL P+ is just not ready for prime time. It feels like an early alpha compared to regular SL, especially the latest SLU +. Laggy, buggy, lack of features, and no compatibility with everything outside of its infrastructure, and even the mods within is infrastructure are extremely buggy. I got infinite loads, unresponsive commands, not enjoyable at all.  

So with that said I'm going back to my previous set up. Nice mods, I wish you ported to a better SL API.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:12 PM, SNK_1 said:

Requirements

- A brand new save

- SKSE

Which version of SKSE? Many people downgraded to SE 1.5.97 and the last compatible version of SKSE is 2.0.20.

10 hours ago, Kruggar said:

Can you please tell me which UI mod you are using? Looks clean

Sure, it's Nordic UI :)

4 hours ago, B3juc0 said:

Well got it working installing the latest SL P+ ver 2.3.2.1

After installing the SLSB animations conversion 0.6 your mod works.

[...] Why limit your mod with it ?

Thank you for testing! Helps me a lot. It confirms what I feared, Sexcraft is only compatible with P+ 2.3.2.1 for now.

It is not my intention to limit the compatiblity honestly. Since my modding time is limited, I just developped it to work with what I use with my game.

It's ironic because I started the implementation with SLU+, and I refactored the code when I switched to P+. However, with that being said I may find a way to get the best of both worlds and make it work with everything (SL AE, SLU+ and the latest SLP+). I must do some testing, but it won't come any time soon.

7 hours ago, PRYINGORBS said:

I love the concept for this mod! [...] It's rare I see someone who can make synthesis patchers, would you mind dropping this for general use?

Thank you @PRYINGORBS! Sure I will provide it with the next release. It nothing fancy though, just a simple patcher multiplying the weight of female NPCs by 0.6. I will improve it a bit so that you can change the multiplying factor and choose to apply it to males, females or both 👍

4 hours ago, shiagwen said:

1.  Are the sexuality points still speechcraft points ? means you can also raise the skill by selling items. if not, how did you change that ?

2. How did you calculate the amount of skillpoints necessary to skillup ?  Means the formula how every skilllevel needs more skillpoints and how to get them.

Hey, good questions!

1. Yes they are still speehcraft points :)

But as explained in the description, the skill won't raise when you sell items or persuade people. I just use a simple trick: When the game starts, I immediately add an invisible perk to the player forcing all speechcraft gains to be 0. When I give you skillpoints, I briefly remove that perk, give EXP and add the perk again. It worked really nice on my playthrough and it is very compatible.

2. I made up a simple "WIP magic formula" to compute exp gains depending on the number of actors in the scene, and its total duration (in real time seconds). When a scene ends, I simply compute the exp points and give them to the player. The required amount of EXP to level up are the same as vanilla speechraft. I built my formula around these values.

I designed it so that the PC needs a given total time of "exercice" to reach level 100 (I don't remember exactly how much time though, I did it a while ago but the details should be in some Excel sheet somewhere...). During my play tests, I reached Sexuality 100 around level 40 (time spent roughly 80% in quests, 20% sex) which felt right to me. Up to lv 50, sexuality ranks up pretty quick but it becomes longer to reach lv100. However, I provided a configuration to apply a factor on the exp gains, as the default curve will probably not match everyone's play style/setup.

Edited by SNK_1
Added more precision
56 minutes ago, WolfPack51942 said:

Hey so i feel like this question might be a bit dumb but just thought i would ask does this work with the normal version of sexlab? or only Sexlab P the main reason i ask is i don't use sexlab P since almost none of my animations work with it.

Only P+ 2.3.2.1 for now, but I will try to make it more compatible.

45 minutes ago, belegost said:

Which version of SKSE? Many people downgraded to SE 1.5.97 and the last compatible version of SKSE is 2.0.20.

I have the latest version for SE 1.6.640, but sexcraft only use papyrus functions that exist in SKSE for a long time, so I think you don't have to worry (sexcraft does't use any DLLs). Let me know if something explodes though 😛

I just wanted to say that I just read the entire description and I am thrilled to try this mod. I was waiting for something roughly like this for years and this sounds better than I had hoped for. This may be the motivation I needed to return to modding Skyrim SE.

Hi may I ask where I can download SL P+ ver 2.3.2.1, one of the requirement of this mod? I went to discord but cannot find the download link. Also just want to ask is there any possibility in future to use this mod without Sexlab Plus as none of the animations work in previous version when I installed it.

Edited by zwdragonbone8314

14 hours ago, Hessi said:

I just wanted to say that I just read the entire description and I am thrilled to try this mod. I was waiting for something roughly like this for years and this sounds better than I had hoped for. This may be the motivation I needed to return to modding Skyrim SE.

Hey, glad you like it! Let me know what you think if you test it :)

2 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi may I ask where I can download SL P+ ver 2.3.2.1, one of the requirement of this mod? I went to discord but cannot find the download link. Also just want to ask is there any possibility in future to use this mod without Sexlab Plus as none of the animations work in previous version when I installed it.

From memory, if I recall properly:

- First you need to install SL AE.

- Then In the dev-releases channel of the P+ discord you can grab the latest version (2.3.2.1).

- Go to the slsb-packs channel and download the latest pack.

- Install P+ over SL AE

- Install the SLSB packs you are interested in and grab the matching SLAL animation packs from the URL provided in the SLSB installer. Ensure the versions match.

- Install the SLAL packs.

- Place the SLSB packs after the SLAL packs to override them. P+ should also override SL AE.

- Run your behavior patcher (FNIS, Nemesis, Pandora...)

- You should be good to go.

If any one can confirm this procedure, I will add it to the description.

Edited by SNK_1
45 minutes ago, kidleader96 said:

uhm the sexuality perk doesnt show up? [...] Only for P+?

Try to put Sexcraft at the end of your LO.

Only for P+ yes! I don't have enough time to support multiple SL versions so I develop with the framework I am using.

I may port Sexcraft to other SL APIs once I finish it but not in a near future, sorry.

If you encounter issues with P+, ensure that it is installed properly. If it still crashes, open a ticket on the P+ discord with the stack so this can be solved.

Edited by SNK_1
grammar