Sexcraft - A speechcraft overhaul [BETA]

On 1/20/2024 at 3:37 PM, SNK_1 said:

Hey, thanks :)

Yeah, I thought about using it at first, but then I decided to replace the speechcraft tree for 3 reasons :

- I wanted to blend sex stuff within the vanilla trees so it feels part of the original game.

- I wanted as few dependencies as possible.

- Speech tree always felt boring to me, even in other perk overhauls.

Yeah I was hoping for this because I like Ordinator's Speech perk tree.  Also, if I decide to use Vokrinator Black there's no way I'm smart enough to make a patch with this.  

5 hours ago, EnragedBard said:

Yeah I was hoping for this because I like Ordinator's Speech perk tree.  Also, if I decide to use Vokrinator Black there's no way I'm smart enough to make a patch with this.  

Hey, Ordinator and Vorkinator Black patches do already exist.

But I'm glad you brought the CSF (custom skill framework) up, it's a subject that interests me. I'm going to take this opportunity to develop my point of view a little, because I asked myself all these questions when I decided to make Sexcraft.

Will be a good chunk of text so I put that in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Let's start by clarifying my intention with Sexcraft. I'm trying to imagine what Beth would have done if they'd wanted to integrate sex mechanics into the gameplay. I don't claim to be able to do it, of course, but that's my goal.

This means that the mod must be fair and balanced, that I must avoid redundancy in design and that the user experience must feel integrated.

Now, let's say I'm using the CSF (custom skill framework):

I- First, it doesn't feel like it belongs in the original game. There's a separate perks menu, which is odd for a feature that I want to be part of the core gameplay loop. In the vanilla game, this option is reserved for transformations, which have their own separate gameplay loop. In my opinion, the CSF makes more sense when the mod's purpose is to add a new transformation, like werebear, succubus or optional additional content.

II- Then there's the question of balance. With CSF, I have no idea what speech perks people will have. They could have vanilla, adamant, vokrii... How do I balance the experience if I don't know which perks I can add to my mod without overlapping the perks they already have? I can't. By overwriting the existing tree, it's easier. I know what I'm taking away from the player, so I know what I can give back. Even using CSF, if I wanted to balance sexcraft against each perk overhaul, I'd have to make several versions, which is the same as making patches without using it in the end.

III- Also, I think what people regret losing most from other overhauls are the shouts improvements, which I understand.
But tbh, I never liked them. In my opinion, shouts aren't supposed to be buffed much. They're mainly utilities, that Beth extracted from the spells of their previous games to provide new gameplay options for warrior characters. That's why they don't cost any mana and why you can equip them without losing a hand slot. Buffing them only makes them feel like spells. Obviously, I know a lot of people won't agree with that, but that's ok, I'm just explaining my reasoning 😜

IV- Finally, that's one more dependency to add, which I simply want to avoid.

In the end, I have nothing against the CSF. I think it's a great mod that opens up fantastic possibilities. It's just not what I'm trying to do with Sexcraft.

That being said, I'm not saying I won't use it in future mods, or that I won't make an alternative version/patch of Sexcraft that's based on it. But it will be a different mod, with a different purpose. Porting Sexcraft as is is not an option, as half the perks are duplicates of what the speech tree already offers.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:14 PM, SNK_1 said:

Hey, Sexcraft should work on 1.5.97.

I need more info:

- Did you try on a new save?

- Do you have any papyrus stacks?

- Do you have a crash log?

- A copy of your LO. (At least I need to know which SLA framework you are using and which version of SoS / TNG, but full LO is better.)

You can send that in PM if you don't want to post it here.

Found a fix, there was an incompatible mod in my LO, neither SLA or SoS related. Thanks for the help and for the mod though.

4 minutes ago, Ykarion said:

Found a fix, there was an incompatible mod in my LO, neither SLA or SoS related. Thanks for the help and for the mod though.

You're welcome 😃

Was it an incompatibility with Sexcraft itself or something unrelated? If yes let me know which mod so I can update the compatibility section.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:55 AM, Ykarion said:

im having the same issue can you tell me how you fixed it?

like for some reason my screen goes black then takes off clothes and by the time it goes un dark it crashes oh my bad its sexlab p+ 

edit: ok fixed it was either my slsb pack anub futa i didn't really care about it so got rid of it anyways saw on the discord that apparently it was causing stripping ctd don't know if it was only animations related to futa suuff but since i dont have that in my game got rid of it and disabled scaling and turn off fade to black dunno why scaling wasnt off by default but whatever 
so when you download the automated slsb pack make sure not to choose futa anub so you need to pick manually

Edited by Arastal

Hey! Youre mod seems awesome but I am having trouble getting the Hotkey to do anything. I see that the speech skill is replaced in the skill tree, and in the console im getting messages about clothing lewdness when I change outfits, but the hot key just does not work at all. I am not  sure how to fix this, any advice?

I am pretty certain that I have the installation correct because, like I said, the skill is there and Im getting console messages about the mod. As well I get the onscreen prompt about using the hot key but nothing happens when I press middle mouse button.

Im hoping that I can get this working because like I said this is an awesome mod!

1 hour ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

Hey! Youre mod seems awesome but I am having trouble getting the Hotkey to do anything.

Hey, thank you for the kind words!

After pressing the key, do you see something like "[Sexcraft] Short key press detected" in the console or something like that?

If not, can to try to rebind the key to something else by following the steps in the FAQ?

If it still does not work, do you have any papyrus stacks?

Youre welcome! I think this mod idea is excellent! I have been looking for a mod that adds a skill tree to sex stuff, as well as visual changes, so its awesome to have this one. I really wanna get it working!

I am going to relaunch my game now to test it again, but as of the last time I was playing I was not getting any console notifications after pressing the hot key. 

I havent tried to rebind the hot key yet as the process seemed complicated so I wanted to see if I could find another way to fix it but I will do that if I need to.

Im gonna hop back in game now and tell you what I see.

Thanks for responding so quickly! I was so worried I wouldnt get a response!

Okay so i just tested again. I rebound the hot key to "u" and I am still getting nothing. I got a message saying that the hot key was successfully rebound but it still doesnt do anything.

As well, there is not message in the console about the key press when I hit the hot key.

Another question, should i be using SL aroused or OSAroused? I have sl aroused on right now. As well, it doesnt seem like my sex skill is leveling when I initaiate sex though other mods, as I have Ostim installed as well.

10 minutes ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

Okay so i just tested again. I rebound the hot key to "u" and I am still getting nothing. I got a message saying that the hot key was successfully rebound but it still doesnt do anything. As well, there is not message in the console about the key press when I hit the hot key.

Hmm, I see 2 possible reasons for this:

1. Maybe you have made an mistake in the hotkey change procedure.

Can you type "Help SCConfHotkeySex" in the console and let me know the value of the variable that is displayed?

2. Skyrim fails to launch the Hotkey management Quest for some reason.

Try to start a new game quickly with only Sexcraft and its dependencies, and let me know how it goes.

If it works, you have something in your load order that breaks this mod.

If it still does not work, I will need your Papyrus logs to investigate further.

16 minutes ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

Another question, should i be using SL aroused or OSAroused? I have sl aroused on right now.

You can use whatever arousal mod you want as long as it provides the EroticArmor keyword, so both OSL Aroused and SLA NG work. Baka edition is fine too.

18 minutes ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

As well, it doesnt seem like my sex skill is leveling when I initaiate sex though other mods, as I have Ostim installed as well.

Sexcraft is only compatible with Sexlab P+ currently. You can still use Ostim if you want, but this mod will just ignore it. None of its features will work with it.

8 hours ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

Also for somereason the skill before was called sexuality and now its called sensuality lol

Did you use the ordinator or the vokrinator black patch? They may not have been updated for the latest release yet.

But normally this isn't a problem, apart from the tree name, the rest should work.

8 hours ago, prophetdelta12345 said:

how can I get the papyrus logs?

You need to enable them in your inis. Also, which version of Skyrim do you have? (should not matter but I'm asking just in case).

@prophetdelta12345 @azax1470 I will need Papyrus logs do dig further.

I see two reasons if it does not work:

- The papyrus code crashes somewhere. If it happens, I will see that in the logs.

- Your system does not use the same ScanCodes than to ones listed in the Wiki. In this case, no crash in the logs because the quest won't even detect the key press.

The DX ScanCodes in the wiki are only valid for QWERTY keyboards and users reported that the mouse keyCodes may not always work on some configurations.
That would explain why it does not work for some of you.

When I implement the MCM menu, it'll make all this a lot simpler since MCM will register the proper scan code for your setup, but I don't know when that'll be.

If you want to use the mod now, you must try to find the proper codes for your keyboard.

EDIT: I'll try to find a way to help you with that in the meantime.

I guess that I could quickly implement a little script that displays the code of the key you press on the screen.

Edited by SNK_1
2 minutes ago, jariabila said:

I also have the same issue, which is hotkey does nothing. I get "[Sexcraft] Short key press detected" on console btw. So key is working but no effect either with targetting npc or nothing for self. 

If you get this message, it means that the mods properly detects the key. That's good.

Then, there are multiple reasons it does not work :

- You are in combat.

- Sexlab considers the actor as invalid.

- In case of a Solo scene, you don't have any valid animation installed.

- Another random papyrus error occurs. I need logs for that.

1 hour ago, jariabila said:

Here is the log, i started a new game, spammed hot key button, also had sex to test if it works properly. Engaged in combat to test simple assault.

Thanks! Indeed, the answer is in the logs.

For some reason, Sexlab considers the player as invalid so the animation can't start:

SEXLAB - Notice - ValidateActor(Prisoner) -- FALSE -- They are flagged as forbidden from animating.

It's also why it doesn't work on NPCs. Sexcraft checks immediately if you will be able to start a scene with a NPC before doing anything. If not, the hotkey has no effect.

You should ask in the P+ discord about that.

Edited by SNK_1
2 hours ago, SNK_1 said:

Thanks! Indeed, the answer is in the logs.

Why is player and npc is not validate actor? Maybe another mod causing this issue since i got huge modlist. I remember i had to deal with issue of not starting animation with sl plus and sl. When i checked console i saw these errors.  I fixed issue idk how but def not via disabling another mod. Also as you can see in console, player count as npc "base type: npc (non player actor)"

I can post my modlist if it helps. Currently ostim and sl plus running fine, no problem on sex or scene but my player still counts as npc on console. (maybe its how it supposed to be?)

image.png

Edited by jariabila
2 minutes ago, SNK_1 said:

@jariabila I don't know tbh. It just works on my setup (tm). I did not see this error before.

Yeah, you can send your load order, maybe I'll see something?

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

Here is the mess, mo2 also shows my disabled mods tho. Btw i think i remember how i fixed that problem, i disabled sexlab cum overlays which is ponzipyramids new cum mod. Its working on sl plus but not working on normal sl. I still have it tho since using sl plus.