Sexcraft - A speechcraft overhaul [BETA]

i have the same issue as bkeul
the hotkey seems to not do anything, i typed in the console "sqv SCHotkeysQuest" and gotten back the following

SCHotkeysQuestScript
script state = ""
no variables
no papyrus scripts attached
- 1 aliases for quest 'SCHotkeysQuest' (87003327)-
REF 'player Alias' -> " (00000014)
Quest state
enabled? yes
state: running
current stage 0
priority 0

i dont know what any of that means, is it perchance possible for me to rebind the hotkey somewhere somehow just in case my middle mouse button is just buggered ?

@KnolleHD To change the hotkeys, you need first to get the proper DX Scan codes (for example for the TAB key, the code is 9).

Then, you have 3 ways of doing it:

I - Create a patch with xEdit to override the value of the SCConfHotkeySexSCConfHotkeyNext and SCConfHotkeyPrevious GlobalVariables with the desired DX Scan Codes. You can use the GetGlobalValue command in game, in the console to ensure that you properly modified the variable.

This is the best way in my opinion, as your configuration will stick for every character and when you update the mod.

II - Directly edit the value of the variables in the Sexcraft.esp file with xEdit.

It works for every character, but you will have to re-do it everytime you update the mod.

III - Change the value of the GlobalVariables in game by using Set SCConfHotkeySex to {your DX scan code}.

Then, you must save the game and reload your save to apply the changes.

After loading your save, if you open the console, you should see the "Updated hotkeys" log. If you don't see that, there is an issue with the papyrus scripts.

It only works for your current character but should continue to work if you update the mod.

If it still does not work, can you send me a copy of your papyrus logs? You can send them here or by PM if you want.

Edited by SNK_1

@cheeze_whiz Glad you found a way to make it work.

When you tried to change the hotkey via the console, did you save and reload the game afterwards? If yes, something went wrong. I would be interested to know if you had any sexcraft related stacks in your papyrus logs.

Hello,

First big thanks for your mod. It contains some very fun and interesting features indeed. However, I do have a problem. Well, I'm not entirely sure if this problem is with this mod or with sexlab p+ in general. Anyway, as it is if I'm trying to start a scene near bed with sex hotkey, my character teleports to this bed and the scene becomes horribly misaligned. It also happens that all sex hotkeys stop working so I cant cahnge the scene or location. Im going trough my modlist trying to figure out what causes this but I ahve not found out yet. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw, I was thinking maybe you should change to name of the skill tree from sexuality to sensuality. Somehow it would make more sense to me. :)

Okay. Everything feels like it's working. ish...

The hotkey issue, for me, was something not mod-related. I think. It's either my mouse (I doubt this as the firmware is up-to-date and I've bound things to these buttons many times with no problem) or how your mod is reading non-keyboard inputs. I'm not even going to pretend to know which. So I think it's still a problem, but no longer a game-breaking one (for me anyway).

So I played around a little bit and noticed a few other things.

First, everyone is ignoring me. I tried every man in 3 cities and every single one ignored me. This is what the notification said, "blah blah ignores you". I also noticed no matter what I did, no one's arousal rose even one point. Everyone stayed at zero. Using SLANG. May switch back to OSLA to see if this fixes things, as it works fine for Troubles of Heroine and SLEN.

The books aren't giving me a skill up. I read Barenziah iV in Cracked Tusk Keep and nothing happened. Gave myself the other books I could remember and tried them, but nothing.

I do currently have an unknown problem with weapon skill books (archery, two-handed, one-handed) not giving me skill-ups. But speech skill books (before this mod) were working.

I will append to this post if I find anything else.

16 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

Hello,

First big thanks for your mod. [...] Anyway, as it is if I'm trying to start a scene near bed with sex hotkey, my character teleports to this bed and the scene becomes horribly misaligned. It also happens that all sex hotkeys stop working so I cant cahnge the scene or location. Im going trough my modlist trying to figure out what causes this but I ahve not found out yet. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey, thanks, glad you like the concept!

The issues you are encountering are not caused by this mod. Sexcraft only starts the scene and nothing else.

I also have issues with alignment in beds, I think that this feature is not yet finished in P+. Or maybe it is the SLSB pack.

What I could do is to forbid P+ from starting sexcraft scenes on beds for the time being. WDYT?

16 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

Btw, I was thinking maybe you should change to name of the skill tree from sexuality to sensuality. Somehow it would make more sense to me. :)

Ah! Good suggestion. I am not a native english speaker, so I struggle to find the proper words sometimes. If enough other people support the request, I'll rename it.

@cheeze_whiz Thank you for testing, this is very helpful!

48 minutes ago, cheeze_whiz said:

First, everyone is ignoring me. I tried every man in 3 cities and every single one ignored me.

Everyone ignoring you is not a bug I think, but rather sexcraft being too restrictive.

If you try to tease someone without having invested in your curves perk and being fully dressed, they won't find your character attractive enough if they are not aroused. Wearing revealing clothing and increasing the curves perk rank increase the interest of the NPCs towards you.

This system is still pretty simple for now. I will improve it in the next releases.

59 minutes ago, cheeze_whiz said:

I also noticed no matter what I did, no one's arousal rose even one point. Everyone stayed at zero. Using SLANG.

Probably an issue with SLANG in that case. Sexcraft does not interfers with the arousal computation in any way (except with some perverted buffs when specified), it just uses the data provided by the arousal framework. This is also probably why everyone ignores you, as NPCs arousal is also considered for teasing.

1 hour ago, cheeze_whiz said:

The books aren't giving me a skill up. I read Barenziah iV in Cracked Tusk Keep and nothing happened. Gave myself the other books I could remember and tried them, but nothing

Good catch, that's on me :x

The old speech books not working is intended.

However, I use a "hack" to block speech gains when you sell items or persuade people, because it doesn't make sense in the context of "sexuality". I forgot to disable it for the new sexuality books so they won't work. I will fix this in the next release.

The mod does not interfers with weapon skill books at all, though.

5 hours ago, SNK_1 said:

Hey, thanks, glad you like the concept!

The issues you are encountering are not caused by this mod. Sexcraft only starts the scene and nothing else.

I also have issues with alignment in beds, I think that this feature is not yet finished in P+. Or maybe it is the SLSB pack.

What I could do is to forbid P+ from starting sexcraft scenes on beds for the time being. WDYT?

I think it would be great to disable beds for now or at least have the option to do so. I don't really understand why sexlab won't ask for bed use in the first place. It used to do so but with p+ it just teleports automatically to a bed if close enough. Changing "ask bed use" option on sexlab does nothing. I'm not sure if the reason why sexlab doesn't feel like working properly is that I'm using 1170 version but the newest p+ version is for 1130?

17 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

I think it would be great to disable beds for now or at least have the option to do so. I don't really understand why sexlab won't ask for bed use in the first place. It used to do so but with p+ it just teleports automatically to a bed if close enough. Changing "ask bed use" option on sexlab does nothing. I'm not sure if the reason why sexlab doesn't feel like working properly is that I'm using 1170 version but the newest p+ version is for 1130?

If I am not mistaken, P+ does not allow users to configure the bed option yet.

I don't know about version 1170 support, I use 640 but you can ask on the P+ discord.

I will add a configuration to disable bed mode in the future releases.

11 hours ago, Zaralito said:

I have all requirements but the game crashes while undressing. How to fix this?

Do you have any papyrus stack?

Which arousal framework are you using?

Sexcraft checks if your outfit has the EroticArmor keyword when you equip / unequip armors. If your arousal framework does not provide it, you will have issues.

A few more observations.

I am now flowing well with the mod. OSLA works best so far so I'm sticking with that. I like it better than all the other options anyway.

I've had about 12 partners so far and every single one of them defaulted to aggressive scenes, even though I didn't choose "be rough with me".

Ysolda needs a fix for her favor quest. You can turn it in, but you don't get the skill up.

Aside from really missing Extra Voices and SL Tools, I'm enjoying myself.

Edited by cheeze_whiz
6 hours ago, cheeze_whiz said:

I've had about 12 partners so far and every single one of them defaulted to aggressive scenes, even though I didn't choose "be rough with me".

Hmm, that's not expected indeed. I've made some changes to this script in the last update, so maybe I've broken something.

I will try to reproduce this, I'll let you know how it goes.

6 hours ago, cheeze_whiz said:

Ysolda needs a fix for her favor quest. You can turn it in, but you don't get the skill up.

Nice catch again! I didn't know that you could get a speech level this way. This will be fixed in the next release.

7 hours ago, cheeze_whiz said:

Aside from really missing Extra Voices and SL Tools, I'm enjoying myself.

Thank you for your feedback!

Yeah, P+ is still young so some stuff is not available yet.

I'm also missing SLSO. It was great to add a layer of gameplay on top of the sexcraft features, like the "Perverted thirst" perks.

I believe that an SL Tools equivalent will also be embedded into P+ directly. But it's all in the works, so I can't wait :)

Is SLP+ required required?
I've been running SL + SLUP + SLAL for so long and I want to keep running with it if possible. Plus I hesitate to switch to SLP+ because it's also relatively new still.

What part of SLP+ specifically is being used? I'd like to try my luck at making this work with SLUP on my end.

Hey @manakanaki, thanks for your interest in the mod!

For now SLP+ is required required. Without it, Sexcraft won't work at best, and can break your game at worst.

I use the new functions to build and read Sexlab Threads and also the new StartScene() API to trigger animations.

Maybe it is for the best, Sexcraft itself is still BETA so users installing it right now should expect some broken things here and there.

Normally, nothing game breaking, but I am currently gathering feedbacks & bug reports to make this mod as good and stable as I can.

I focus on stability first, feature second and then compatibility (if possible).

EDIT: I can help you to make a patch if you want but now is not the right time i think. I will update this mod frequently with no consideration for backward compatibility during the beta, so it will be difficult to keep it up to date.

Edited by SNK_1

I played around a bit today and was happy to see everything working great. Something is still off with the end of the scene not re-dressing me like the scene was aggressive. I have no idea. Consensual animations are playing now, though.

I had at least twice the partners as last time and had no hiccups. Even got my sensuality up to 50. I like the new name.

One suggestion: Make your own skill books and replace the speech books in work. Or remove the speech books and place your new books in more appropriate locations. Only reason I suggest this is because I can buy all the current books from a merchant for less than a vanilla skill book. Kinda cheesy.

Lastly, the visual effect of "Pharamones", is that replacing my specular or is it like a magic effect? In either case, can I replace it? I'd rather use BnP wet specular maps.

EDIT: I did have a single hiccup, but I didn't notice until I loaded my game. When you exit the game and load back in, the Pheromone effect disappears from the body, but not the head. Image.

Will "Positive Undressed Reactions" cause problems? I'm getting very tired of the vanilla comments seeing as I'm technically not naked, just showing a lot of skin.
I dug around in XEdit and saw nothing that would cause a conflict here. I'm going to test in game to confirm.

Edited by cheeze_whiz

Tried this, but ran in to a couple issues:

1. P+ breaks every other sex mod that I have in my game, except the Toys & Love framework. Outside of T&L, which uses its own process to run animations, no animations work.

2. The default Sex Hotkey does not work, as I use a controller, not mouse and keyboard - Keyboard hotkeys work fine, but the mouse is disabled. Re-mapping the mouse key to a keyboard key did nothing, even using the save/reload method.

I like the idea of this mod, but until P+ gets finalized, and mods like Naked Defeat, Flower Girls, and Sexy Adventures get updated, it's a no-go for me. 

okay so im having an issue where i've installed all the required mods and started a new save. im on skyrim ver 1.6.640 by the way. and the speech tree is still that. the regular speech tree. It hasn't changed. I am using the mod custom skills frame work for a another mod but I don't that should have a conflict with sexcraft as it doesn't modify the vanilla skill trees.

I tried this mod out and there were issues with its function. I tried talking to shop keepers for a discount, but it got stuck on well. What I think is going on is a sexlab plus compatibility issue, not a speechcraft one. I have a large mod list so its likely something is triggering sexlab plus, which is triggering this mod. The mod looks very promising. I'll probably try it again in the future when it gets a more stable build. Ill post when I figure out the issue, but I'm guessing its complicated. The love perk tree is really interesting. I have been thinking about making my own mod and I could see this mod working really well with it :).

I really want to do a lore based mod that gives a reason for such a horny Skyrim game. I'm not completely new to modding, but I still am learning a decent amount. Coding is pain. This mod is very inspiring.

1 hour ago, AureumCustos said:

okay so im having an issue where i've installed all the required mods and started a new save. im on skyrim ver 1.6.640 by the way. and the speech tree is still that. the regular speech tree. It hasn't changed. I am using the mod custom skills frame work for a another mod but I don't that should have a conflict with sexcraft as it doesn't modify the vanilla skill trees.

scratch that fixed it. found a mod in my load order that was added perks for being naked. also do you have any plans for anything like that? Bonuses for being naked or naked gameplay?

I use Static Skill Leveling Rewritten (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89940), I was wondering if leveling up Speechcraft in the level up menu in Static Skill Leveling Rewritten would level up Sensuality from this mod. If not, can anyone make a patch or know how to make one?

Edit: Also do enchantments that boost Speech now boost Sensuality? Or do those enchantments just not work?

Edited by Thomas_Hefferson
On 2/6/2024 at 6:34 AM, cheeze_whiz said:

I played around a bit today and was happy to see everything working great. Something is still off with the end of the scene not re-dressing me like the scene was aggressive. I have no idea. Consensual animations are playing now, though.

Good news :)

About the no re-dressing I don't know. Sexcraft just starts the scene. Probably an issue with P+ or another mod I guess. I will test on my end to see if I can reproduce it.

One suggestion: Make your own skill books and replace the speech books in work. Or remove the speech books and place your new books in more appropriate locations. Only reason I suggest this is because I can buy all the current books from a merchant for less than a vanilla skill book. Kinda cheesy.

Yeah, the books are a difficult topic. I want to avoid messing with the Skyrim cells as much as possible. Re-writing the existing speech books with spicier content taken from the older elder scrolls games seems the best way to do it. This way, you keep the vanilla way of getting them and the books content would make sense in the context of this mod. This is probably better that my current solution, but I need to find fitting (lore friendly) texts that are not already in Skyrim to do this.

Lastly, the visual effect of "Pharamones", is that replacing my specular or is it like a magic effect? In either case, can I replace it? I'd rather use BnP wet specular maps.

EDIT: I did have a single hiccup, but I didn't notice until I loaded my game. When you exit the game and load back in, the Pheromone effect disappears from the body, but not the head. Image.

The wet effect is replacing the specular and the glossiness of the body using NiOverride (from RaceMenu).  No custom textures are used.

You can disable it entirely by setting SCConfPheromonesEnableWetEffect to 0. The effect disappearing from the body after loading is a known issue. AFAIK, it is not caused by Sexcraft but by NiOverride not re-applying them after save load. Unequiping/Equipping your armor fixes it. Maybe I can work around NiOverride limitations to force the effect after reloading. Perhaps I can also add an option so users can provide their own wet textures for Pheromones if they want. I'll see what I can do.

Will "Positive Undressed Reactions" cause problems? I'm getting very tired of the vanilla comments seeing as I'm technically not naked, just showing a lot of skin.
I dug around in XEdit and saw nothing that would cause a conflict here. I'm going to test in game to confirm.

If you don't see any conflicts in xEdit, other mods will most likely work with sexcraft without breaking it. They just won't be aware of sexcraft dress state without a patch. Sexcraft saves the dress state in the SCSkinExpositionFaction player faction (rank 0 = Dressed, 1 = Skimpy, 2 = naked). Users/External mods should never change the rank of this faction but they can read it. This design is lighter on the papyrus VM (only Sexcraft computes dress states) and allows compatible mods to be consistent with Sexcraft. More details will be provided in the developper documentation.

To be honest, I don't even hear the vanilla comments anymore, I'm so used to listening to them. I think I'm going to remove this feature from the mod altogether and reserve it for a Sexcraft extension I've got in the pipeline.

On 2/6/2024 at 7:25 AM, IBAGadget said:

Tried this, but ran in to a couple issues. [...] I like the idea of this mod, but until P+ gets finalized, and mods like Naked Defeat, Flower Girls, and Sexy Adventures get updated, it's a no-go for me. 

Thanks for testing! No worries, by the time p+ is ready, I'll have had time to fine-tune this mod and the experience will be all the better for it.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:25 AM, Amber02000 said:

I tried this mod out and there were issues with its function. [...] This mod is very inspiring.

Thank you for the kind words! I am not sure to fully understand your issue but it doesn't seem caused by Sexcraft. Probably something else interfering in some way. Let me know if you find what's happening.

If you ever manage to release a mod that works in conjunction with Sexcraft, that would be great :)
I myself have two other Sexcraft based mods sleeping on my HDD. I'm waiting for this mod to be complete/stable enough before releasing them.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:04 AM, AureumCustos said:

scratch that fixed it. found a mod in my load order that was added perks for being naked. also do you have any plans for anything like that? Bonuses for being naked or naked gameplay?

Sexcraft already provides bonuses for naked gameplay:

- Exhibitionism can make you ignore up to 50% damage with the proper perks (curves + pheromones) when fully naked.

- Some Perverted thirst buffs require you to wear at least revealing equipment but being naked also works.

- Indirectly, being naked increases the arousal of your opponents, allowing you to inflict more damage with the "Lust control" perk.

Playing naked as a vampire mage with alteration armor was viable on my testing playthrough (my character on the mod's banner). Even more if you combine it with defeat mods (this way you can fascinate / drain / steal stuff while being defeated). I don't want to buff it more than that though, IMHO playing naked should stay kinda difficult (but not impossible) and require a specific build.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:28 AM, AureumCustos said:

is it possible for this to work with regular sexlab? or a patch to be created to allow it to work with it?

It may be in the future but unfortunately, it will require some work and it is not my focus right now.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:17 AM, Thomas_Hefferson said:

I use Static Skill Leveling Rewritten (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89940), I was wondering if leveling up Speechcraft in the level up menu in Static Skill Leveling Rewritten would level up Sensuality from this mod. If not, can anyone make a patch or know how to make one?

I don't think that Sexcraft is compatible with Static Skill Leveling Rewritten. Test it and let me know how it goes. If it does not work, I don't have the bandwidth to do the patch myself, but I can give you some tips. I'll post the patch in the description if someone manage to make one.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:17 AM, Thomas_Hefferson said:

Edit: Also do enchantments that boost Speech now boost Sensuality? Or do those enchantments just not work?

Yup! Enchantments boosting Speech will boost Sensuality.

Edited by SNK_1
More details

While I'm going to wait a bit before installing Sexcraft, I still have one suggestion/ request: would it be possible to configure a Sexcraft Shout (at 0 mana) to use instead of a hotkey? Using keyboard hotkeys can be kind of annoying when you play using a controller and so for - in my experience at least - configuring a shout is a fairly convenient way to access additional features.

Thank you for your consideration, and thank you for doing this work. I'm very interested in seeing this develop :)

Hey @Anunya, thanks for your interest in the mod :)

Controller compatibility isn't on my list of priorities right now, so it won't happen right away, but I'll give it some thought.

The tricky part is that the key can be held, pressed, during and outside scenes and there are still two keys to be mapped: Select next and previous partner.

But it's interesting, because given the number of people who struggle rebinding the hotkeys, this could be a good alternative to the current system, even without using a gamepad.

Yeah having different outcomes depending on how long you hold the hotkey complicates things on the controller, that's for sure. It also makes sense that you focus on your preferred input.

Thanks for considering it. Maybe someone will have a good idea for how to address it some time. In the meantime I'll continue watching development :)