Been having trouble getting this to work.  Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.  I can cast a spell, like Pacify or Frenzy, and more often than not the enemies just go into a rage state and attack, not causing any animations at all.  Up in the corner I can see the Enchantress messages appear whenever the spell hits, but usually it just causes regular Illusion magic effects.  On occasion, it does work, but for the most part, it doesn't.  It's getting irritating.

Frenzy requires you to be travelling with a follower to work, and for them to be near you when you cast Frenzy.

Pacify will only activate if there aren't any more enemies near you in combat which weren't in Pacify's AoE. It's possible to cast Pacify twice really fast (as in a few seconds) on two separate groups of enemies and have them all affected together.

It takes both spells a few seconds to start working until SexLab's scripts prep them. If anything attacks a target while they're prepped it might take them out of the sex scene.

Yeah, I made sure to have a follower with me when I tried Frenzy, and had her near when I cast it.  Unfortunately, be it against one enemy or compatible multiple enemies (falmer, in this case), it rarely worked.  I would notice that when I cast it, my follower would halt her actions, putting away her weapon/spells, but a second later she was back into the fight and no sex scene would start.  Pacify and Harmony would be the same at times.

Yeah, I made sure to have a follower with me when I tried Frenzy, and had her near when I cast it.  Unfortunately, be it against one enemy or compatible multiple enemies (falmer, in this case), it rarely worked.  I would notice that when I cast it, my follower would halt her actions, putting away her weapon/spells, but a second later she was back into the fight and no sex scene would start.  Pacify and Harmony would be the same at times.

• Are you using SexLab 1.39b or one of the alpha versions?
  • Did you do a clean install of SexLab at version 1.3x or did you just drag SexLab's files over the old 1.2x version?
  • Are there any hostile NPCs nearby when you cast which weren't inside of the spell's AoE?
  • Are you using a mod that allows you to travel with multiple followers (I've never tested if those work with Enchantress)?
  • Are Falmer animations active in the SexLab MCM, and is creature animations as a whole active?
  • Are the falmer low enough level to be affected by your spells?
  • Do the falmers glow red or green when the spell hits them, or red then green?
  • Do you have any mods installed that modify either spells or creatures?

• Are you using SexLab 1.39b or one of the alpha versions?
  • Did you do a clean install of SexLab at version 1.3x or did you just drag SexLab's files over the old 1.2x version?
  • Are there any hostile NPCs nearby when you cast which weren't inside of the spell's AoE?
  • Are you using a mod that allows you to travel with multiple followers (I've never tested if those work with Enchantress)?
  • Are Falmer animations active in the SexLab MCM, and is creature animations as a whole active?
  • Are the falmer low enough level to be affected by your spells?
  • Do the falmers glow red or green when the spell hits them, or red then green?
  • Do you have any mods installed that modify either spells or creatures?

• 1.39b.
  • Clean install; I removed the old version and then installed the new version, and started a new game on top of that.
  • No.
  • Yes, UFO.  However, only had the one follower with me and active (no other followers told to wait elsewhere).
  • Yes and yes.  Not one animation had been deactivated at the time.
  • Yes, they were at most level 9.
  • Red then green, I think.
  • Automatic Variants, which didn't cause problems beyond nudesuit usage for creatures when used with other sex mods, like Defeat or MatchMaker.
  • Automatic Variants, which didn't cause problems beyond nudesuit usage for creatures when used with other sex mods, like Defeat or MatchMaker.

Can you link me the specific Automatic Variants mod you are using? I'm seeing a few different ones on the Nexus.

It's possible this mod is the cause - A big chunk of Enchantress' scripting is race and gender sorting. Meaning if Harmony catches 3 Falmer and 3 Humans in it's area of effect, I've scripted lines for Enchantress to decide which of this groups you'll start an animation with. This scripted lines depend on the targets' race in the Creation Kit, so if a mod changes the race field for some creatures they won't be affected by Enchantress.

Star X's AV package, found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21542

Still has to be used with the main mod, given how AV works.

I had noticed during my tests that some of the Falmer (spawned through an FF refID code) were female, and I would just automatically kill those and spawn more until I only got male ones to test with.  None of those spawned used the AV versions, and when the Enchantress spells did work on them, they used their proper nude suit.  When I later found the baseID for the default male falmer and spawned them, those sometimes had AV variants and didn't use the nude suit.

Star X's AV package, found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21542

Still has to be used with the main mod, given how AV works.

I had noticed during my tests that some of the Falmer (spawned through an FF refID code) were female, and I would just automatically kill those and spawn more until I only got male ones to test with.  None of those spawned used the AV versions, and when the Enchantress spells did work on them, they used their proper nude suit.  When I later found the baseID for the default male falmer and spawned them, those sometimes had AV variants and didn't use the nude suit.

I was hoping to dig through the mod in the creation kit and make a small plug-in that might solve the problem, but it seems neither StarX's AV package nor the main mod actually have an .esp file to edit, and that the mod requires Java of all things and I have zero knowledge when it comes to Java, soooo... I'll just add this mod to the 'possible conflicting mods' list on the original post.

Here you go.

attachicon.gifAutomatic Variants.rar

EDIT: I didn't think.  Automatic Variants has to create its .esp file because it draws its data from the rest of the mods installed, whenever it's applicable.  So it's going to have a shitload of dependencies. It might be easier to just figure out how SkyProc works and make your own.  It's not difficult.

But then whatever changes I make in the .esp (and I'm assuming there's even a way to solve the conflict by editing the .esp and changing the races of the modified creatures back to the vanilla fields, which might not be the case), there will be no way that I'd be able to apply those changes on your different .esp.

That's the problem with mods like this and like SkyRe that make crazy changes to Skyrim's core. They refuse to co-exist with other mods which cover similar fields.

Guest Jenova23

Can npc use these spells are there even any that do I know you can teach spells to followers with amazing follower tweaks.

Can npc use these spells are there even any that do I know you can teach spells to followers with amazing follower tweaks.

NPCs can't use the charm spells in Vanilla Skyrim, thus they can't use it with Enchantress either.

It seems i get ctd from using any of the spells edited by this mod, any idea why?

Well, seeing as you asked the same question in SexLab Necrophilia's thread too, you're having an issue with SexLab's Framework itself. Read SexLab's installation instructions carefully and follow them step by step. :)

After using the Calm spell successfully a few times(on beasts), it seems to have stopped working now. When I use it, it displays the message and the target goes passive, but when it looks like it's about to begin the scene, they become hostile again and start attacking me. I've tried it on wolves, dogs, werewolves, and bears all so far, but it still works with bandits. Any idea why?

Also, I haven't installed anything that would conflict with it, to my knowledge, and I've tried it again with them uninstalled.

After using the Calm spell successfully a few times(on beasts), it seems to have stopped working now. When I use it, it displays the message and the target goes passive, but when it looks like it's about to begin the scene, they become hostile again and start attacking me. I've tried it on wolves, dogs, werewolves, and bears all so far, but it still works with bandits. Any idea why?

Also, I haven't installed anything that would conflict with it, to my knowledge, and I've tried it again with them uninstalled.

I think the last time such behavior was described to me, it was due to a player setting up SexLab's MCM on one savegame, and then loading a different save that didn't have SexLab properly set up in. Make sure creatures are enabled in SexLab's MCM as well as their animations. If you're still having issues I wrote a small troubleshooting questionnaire on the previous page of this thread - more info = easier to pinpoint the issue.

Any definitive word if this works with SkyRE?

Two people said it doesn't, one person said it does work with the compatibility add-on and a certain load order. I don't know if it works or not, definately not going to install SkyRe to test. Use at own risk.

Would it be a correct to say that this mod would work with Balanced Magic and the Apocalypse Spells in a friendly way?

EDIT: Tested it a bit with just the Calm spell, seems to work fine so far.

If those are mods that add new spells rather than change the existing vanilla spells, then yes there shouldn't be a problem.

Would it be a correct to say that this mod would work with Balanced Magic and the Apocalypse Spells in a friendly way?

EDIT: Tested it a bit with just the Calm spell, seems to work fine so far.

If those are mods that add new spells rather than change the existing vanilla spells, then yes there shouldn't be a problem.

The Apocalypse spells are new spells, and Balanced magic increases spells effectiveness as you level up.

Regarding SkyRe, strictly speaking it works, but SkyRe removes the perks that allow Illusion spells to scale to higher levels so effectiveness is limited. You'll need an additional mod like SkyTweak with its skill-based magnitude scaling function in order to use the spells on anything higher leveled, and you'll have to add Master of the Mind using the console if you want to use it on draugr.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Sexlab 1.54 update break this? I can't initiate sex with giants anymore using Harmony.

edit: actually I can't initiate sex with anything using the illusion spells.

I've seen people report on other threads that Enchantress works fine with SexLab v1.50 and up. Maybe try entering Enchantress' MCM and choose 're-insall spells and powers'? If that doesn't help, I've posted a small technical issues questionnaire on the previous page of this thread which might be helpful.