[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

As far as NPC go, there is Jimmy (the male prostitute I mentioned) at the Casa Madrid Appartments who used to be a Legion slave. He was used by a centurion as a "helper", but the centurion tried to dispose of (read: kill) him to hide the fact that he was having homosexual sex with him (homosexuality being punished by death in Caesar's Legion).

The NCR reference I was thinking of was the guy at the Mojave Outpost that repairs your stuff (Major Knight?).  If you pursue him via Confirmed Bachelor, he eventually says that the Legion seems more forgiving of those sorts of relationships and to look him up when he's on leave to Vegas.  Spoiler:  I don't think he's ever on leave.

One question: how are we supposed to actually get our player character to sell sex as a prostitute? Approaches I had were of the casual variety... Thanks in advance for answers...

And @ nyaallich: Yes, he's called Major Knight.

Wear a prostitutes uniform.  Then walk around a populated area.  For most areas, if you're new to the area they'll hit on you but won't solicit until it's getting dark.  Previous patrons won't care what time of day it is.  Be careful looking like a prostitute during the day in some places, it could cause you trouble.  Other places you can solicit all day.

Some places won't care if you do it in the streets, others won't allow you to have public sex even though prostitution is legal there.

If you agree to prostitute for any of the gangs you'll make less, but you won't get hassled in their territory.  The only gang that doesn't hire so far are the Khans.  NCR doesn't take a cut of your pay, but can be fickle about how you conduct yourself.  There's a trick to working Legion territory.  You have to free the Weathers first at Cottonwood Cove.  This will give you a disguise for Legion territory.

It also helps to have a fair bit of sexual experience under your belt or you won't make more than a handful of caps.  If the PC has had lots of sex they can make quite a bundle.

By the way T-Dawg, thanks for the lengthy explanation in the other post, its exactly what I needed to know now that I'm testing this.

By the way, are you making use of SexoutClothingEval at all? It has a nice "looks like a prostitute" hook which would allow the PC to get Intimacy Project to recognise it as a prostitute outfit, allowing you to wear custom outfits and such. Is it something you've given thought?

At the moment, it didn't work on my end. Its actually quite hard to find a prostitute outfit in the game, unless you know the codes. 

By the way T-Dawg, thanks for the lengthy explanation in the other post, its exactly what I needed to know now that I'm testing this.

By the way, are you making use of SexoutClothingEval at all? It has a nice "looks like a prostitute" hook which would allow the PC to get Intimacy Project to recognise it as a prostitute outfit, allowing you to wear custom outfits and such. Is it something you've given thought?

At the moment, it didn't work on my end. Its actually quite hard to find a prostitute outfit in the game, unless you know the codes. 

No sweat.  I'm sorry I'm so lazy.  I just don't want to go into wiki mode until later.  Things change so fast.

This uses the clothing eval SCR lists.  So yes you can use clothing eval to set your clothes to whatever you like.  My console message 'looks like a prostitute' is predicated on clothing evals list.  I still have a TON of different looks to add too.  For now I've included most of the check box options in clothing eval.

In my tests I just run over to sexout store and buy a julia outfit (revealing without looking easy), an elegant dress (pretty), and the red corset (prostitute), and I'm off.  I don't set any clothes manually except the NCR prostitute outfit, which for some reason isn't in the prostitute clothing eval list by default.

So far you can get the vanilla prostitute outfit by agreeing to be an NCRCF girl.  You can get the Great Khans outfit for soliciting them, once you're an ally they'll give it to you.  And you can seduce Kemp at McCarren to get the NCR outfit.

But those are simply novelties.  It doesn't matter what article of clothing you wear, just so long as clothing eval sees it as a prostitute. ie. You just have to 'look' like a prostitute.  You don't have to wear the NCR uniform for the NCR, the vanilla for NCRCF, the Khans outfit for GReat Khans, etc.  Though a group might get pissy if the outfit is a faction outfit.  All that matters is 'do you look like a prostitute or not'.

EDIT: Try setting your clothes in clothing eval, then remove the clothes, exit Pip, enter Pip again, put clothes on, exit Pip, wait 1 second, check the console for both your 'look' and your appeal strength.  Or just put on some clothes and wait a second and check the console if you're not setting them explicitly in clothing eval.  You can literally prostitute in a Spring Outfit with clothing eval settings with this mod.

EDIT: Try setting your clothes in clothing eval, then remove the clothes, exit Pip, enter Pip again, put clothes on, exit Pip, wait 1 second, check the console for both your 'look' and your appeal strength.  Or just put on some clothes and wait a second and check the console if you're not setting them explicitly in clothing eval.  You can literally prostitute in a Spring Outfit with clothing eval settings with this mod.

I know you weren't replying to me, but thanks a bunch. I grabbed the Clothing Eval, and I noticed that as you said, the NCR prostitute outfit wasn't flagged as prositute, so I made a try by flagging the sexy sleepwear I looted as prostitute (because I found that it made sense. I mean, sexy lingerie in a post apocalyptic world would fit on a hooker in my book, and I went back to an earlier save where I didn't made it through McCarran yet), and I managed to get some hits.

Also, if there is (or is gonna be) a sex experience counter of sorts, are we (or will we be) able to check it the way we'd be able to check our skills, perks, SPECIAL stats or whatever?

Thanks in advance!

I know you weren't replying to me, but thanks a bunch. I grabbed the Clothing Eval, and I noticed that as you said, the NCR prostitute outfit wasn't flagged as prositute, so I made a try by flagging the sexy sleepwear I looted as prostitute (because I found that it made sense. I mean, sexy lingerie in a post apocalyptic world would fit on a hooker in my book, and I went back to an earlier save where I didn't made it through McCarran yet), and I managed to get some hits.

Also, if there is (or is gonna be) a sex experience counter of sorts, are we (or will we be) able to check it the way we'd be able to check our skills, perks, SPECIAL stats or whatever?

Thanks in advance!

Your sex experience is displayed in SexoutNG MCM settings.  This mod does not give you one over all level but respects each act individually.  ie. If you've done anal 3 times according SexoutNG MCM stats, you're at anal level 3.  Nothing fancy.

Hint hint: Random Sex is best for boosting disposition when you're low level sex experience.  Specific acts will only give a boost as high as your experience in that particular act.  However, at higher levels you can get someone to propose to you by a single blow job using specific acts.  Theoretically.

The downside to accepting random sex offers though, is that you never know if you're going to need to use protection.  For example if you're trying to save your condoms just for pregnancy prevention, you might not want to use them for oral.  But with random you won't know what's coming at you.

Almost certain Cass is bi.  Other NPCs that I can think of are:

Veronica: Lesbian

Arcade Gannon: Gay

Butch Deloria: Straight

Amata: Straight, although a relationship would probably be impossible, so I'm thinking more of a one night stand for that one (but only if you let her dad live, and side with her during "Trouble On The Homefront").

Brick: Based on her appearace, I'm going to call bi

Reily: Straight

Sydney: Straight

Sarah Lyons:  Could possibly go either way?  Nothing's ever mentioned that suggests otherwise AFAIK.

Moira: Straight, although she does likes to experiment, so could go bi if you complete the Wasteland Survival Guide + all optional quests that go with it?

Also, I think the NCR trooper in MCarran who loses her husband to the fiends would be a good candidate for a straight relationship. (Would take a lot of compassion and sweet nothings on the players part though)

Is anyone having crashes while using an automatic save mod?  I'm using CASM.  I'm trying to rule out other mods.  Seems to happen when CASM and an SODRL "trying to get your attention" or "start sex" event happens at the same time.

Back to the odd following behavior:

T -  I gave a "sex follow" command (command sounds wrong) and changed cells via exiting a door, not quick travel.  Outside, the NPC still had the "follow player for sex" token in their inventory.  Kept walking.  It did 3 "someone is trying to get your attention" notifications without actually having the dialogue.  After the third one, I checked, and the follow token was gone.  Perhaps this has something to do with the activity timer?

Also, when I confirm a date, the confirm option remains on the menu until around date time.

I notice that there's now an option (don't know exactly what conditions are in place for it to appear) after "start date here" to have sex.  However, there's no "sex follow" option.  This makes Trudy mad.  ; )  Trudy would like for you to add in a conditional that you can still go elsewhere for sex.  Granted, this was me trying to test the other thing and assuming that I would get a follow option.

EDIT:  I'm going to try another auto-save mod for now just to see if it makes a difference.

I have always had the feeling that Flak & Shrapnel are an item... still rings that way this playthrough.

@BogBrush82

+1 on all that, on the whole...

Haven't seen Sydney yet this playthrough, so I reserve the right to comment once I have :)

Moira has always seemed to me, to be such a geek she doesn't really have a sexuality, at least in terms of relationships. But yeah, she'd go bi 'cos it's new experience, I'd say.

Is anyone having crashes while using an automatic save mod?  I'm using CASM.  I'm trying to rule out other mods.  Seems to happen when CASM and an SODRL "trying to get your attention" or "start sex" event happens at the same time.

Back to the odd following behavior:

T -  I gave a "sex follow" command (command sounds wrong) and changed cells via exiting a door, not quick travel.  Outside, the NPC still had the "follow player for sex" token in their inventory.  Kept walking.  It did 3 "someone is trying to get your attention" notifications without actually having the dialogue.  After the third one, I checked, and the follow token was gone.  Perhaps this has something to do with the activity timer?

Also, when I confirm a date, the confirm option remains on the menu until around date time.

I notice that there's now an option (don't know exactly what conditions are in place for it to appear) after "start date here" to have sex.  However, there's no "sex follow" option.  This makes Trudy mad.  ; )  Trudy would like for you to add in a conditional that you can still go elsewhere for sex.  Granted, this was me trying to test the other thing and assuming that I would get a follow option.

EDIT:  I'm going to try another auto-save mod for now just to see if it makes a difference.

I use CASM without problems.

Confirm date will remain in the menu until date time.  Then it changes to start date.  The option to have sex should appear as a date option with an NPC you're in a committed relationship with.  The reason it doesn't have follow for Trudy, is because both Male PCs and Female NPCs do not have any dialogue yet.

Everything is in place for me to start adding Male PC and Female NPC dialogue.  But it isn't there yet.  If you're playing a Male PC or trying to engage in relations with Female NPCs, expect it to be broken.  Their dialogues are currently blank.

Currently you should only test Female PC relating to Male NPCs.  Any other combination won't work, until I add their dialogue placeholders.

@T:  No, I meant that Trudy was displeased that people were having more fun on her floor than she was.

Ah OK.  She blocked you then.

I think I know what's up.  If you start the date, this begins 'date' follow, at the end of which, you should have taken your date to your intended destination.  Because it assumes you're at your intended destination already upon 'begin date here' there is no option to follow for sex.  ie. The date follow WAS your sex follow.  This is wrong sorry.  There actually should be a sex follow even on date sex.

EDIT: Tell the NPC you're 'Ready For Date', they will follow you.  If you want to have sex on your date, take them somewhere private, begin the date, then sex.  However, if you simply have a normal date, at the end of it the NPC will either say 'Good night', or they'll ask to leave together.  If you 'leave together' with them at the end of the date, then begins your opportunity for post date sex.  ie. The nightcap.

EDIT EDIT:  They will not follow you indefinitely for any follow sequence this mod hands out.  Once you say follow me, the clock starts ticking. If you don't complete the action, eventually they will loose interest and get tired of waiting for you to get where you have to go.

This brings up a good point (ty ny) that I've been thinking about for quite some time.  I'm still debating it and have been since I added dating.  The question is, should I add date reminders?  Originally I wanted to tie dating to a quest that gave quest targets to everyone you had made a date with that night.  The problem is that I don't know how to do that without adding presistant refs.

So far the date confirmed dialogue remains in the dialogue until date time as a reminder that you have a date with that NPC.  I myself have forgotten who I made dates with several times.  However this isn't a quest, and imo if you made the date you ought to remember to keep it or suffer the consequences.  So for the time being I plan to put in a date reminder message only for game restart reload.

I figure it's only fair if you haven't played for a while to come back to a save where you've made a date you shouldn't be expected to remember.  But within the same session if you don't want to forget a date, either remember, write it down, or don't make one.

If anyone has any suggestions for a better way for date reminders to work I'm open?

The only problem that I had re: dates was not getting caught up doing something else so that I wasn't paying attention to the time (why wait X hours when I could go do part of a quest?).  At the very least, I would totally be down for a message that pops up saying "Isn't there someplace that you're supposed to be?" or something like that it it's into date time.  Granted, I don't know what the window is for starting a date.  If it was two hours (for example), if you haven't started the date 30 minutes into it, you could get the reminder.

I agree with you that you should probably have a reminder on game load.

Unrelated/More Things for T to possibly add to the 27 page to-do list:

• Gifts (Easy):  Once a week, you can give someone in a tracked relationship a gift.  The type of gift will boost one of their DRL stats.  "You gave me something sexy to wear?  +Lust"  "You gave me armor to wear?  Aww.  You want to make sure that I'm safe.  +1 Affection"  Although with the actual correct higher stat (Heart?  Desire?  etc.).  Teddy Bears.  Toy cars.  Pre-War Books.  Whatever.
  • SO Store Awareness (Difficult):  If SO Store is loaded, you get dialogue if you enter it with a character.  Going into the store increases their lust/desire/whichever one.  Maybe their dialogue is based on whether or not you've slept together yet.  I *THINK* you said that women were less down for sleeping together until affection levels were X.  Too early to come up with decent examples.  For characters who HAVE slept together, they should recommend something to get based on their stats.  That's where you could get an introduction to Dom/Sub/etc. prefs if they haven't already been introduced.  I haven't tried using variables in dialogue, so I'm guessing that it PROBABLY can't be done.  If nothing else, if you get near to a vendor, you could have a pop-up that says "You notice NPC looking at OBJECT" followed by NPC "I think that this would look good on you"/"Would you like to see me in something like this"/"Maybe we should try one of these out.  What do you think?"  Obviously there would be exclusions (no preg. armor/clothing suggestions for non-pregnant females, no female clothing suggestions for males, etc.).  You COULD have some medical stuff on FL to suggest.  Once you incorporate pregnancy decisions, it would be kind of a dick move for the character to go "How about you try some BunAway" if you've already decided to keep it.  Most drugs probably wouldn't need to be suggested (do the NPCs really need lust increasing drugs unless they are elderly?), although if you're in a committed relationship that wants to turn into a family, they could suggest the fertility drugs.

Changes:

2014-01-23:

- milestone reached moved to pre-alpha.

- prepped for Male PC/Female NPC additions.

2014-01-24:

- fixed activity small talk mis-fire for generic NPCs.

2014-01-25:

- fixed post date dialogue mis-fire during date sex.

- added old age NPC factors (old NPCs are now less active).

re: Update Dating Scheme....   thanks a lot.....  I almost went and paid my rent 2 weeks early.   :D

re: Update Dating Scheme....   thanks a lot.....  I almost went and paid my rent 2 weeks early.   :D

rofl  I do that mainly as a schedule.  ie.  I'm a couple weeks ahead of schedule.  It gives me the option to take a break until the date is current.

@nyallich  I like the gift idea.  I had only added gifts to the todo list because it seemed logical, but I hadn't yet explored how I was going to go about it.  I'm not sure I understand the other one.  Do you mean go 'shopping' together?

Yeah.  Basically going shopping together.  Like I said, it really probably wouldn't make sense unless you were dating one of your companions OR if you were using that mod that lets you recruit regular NPCs to be your companion.  After all, if they give up after a minute or two with sex follow, they sure aren't going to go all the way out into the middle of nowhere.

TTW Patch update posted courtesy nyaallich.  Details in the OP spoiler.

EDIT: You guys are welcome to discuss the TTW Patch related stuff in this thread.  I just don't remember enough about FO3 to chime in.  It's not that I'm ignoring you.

Hi T-Dawg,

I gave this a proper spin last night, especially the "soliciting" aspects. I really enjoyed it, especially the inbuilt mechanics, like having to be "discrete" and having to run after your johns for payment if you don't ask upfront, sometimes not getting paid, being offered "protection" by the Kings and so on. In a way, I also I'm starting to enjoy the fact there is no dialogue. I don't know, you sort of just imagine what they're saying and half the time its probably much better than anything you'd find in SexoutSex anyway lol  :D

I don't know, I just like the freedom. Anyway, there were a few minor hiccups. At some points, after a successful "trick" I would get a "post sex feedback" message, and this only happened twice - with Ralph and Garret from the Atomic Wrangler. Problem was, I could then no longer talk to them about paying me if I hadn't requrested it upfront, even though both have the "owes PC money" token. Giving them the token again didn't fix it. It worked for everybody else, so long as I didn't get a "post sex feedback" message.

Also, this is a major snag, but one of your formlists isn't clearing properly. I noticed when having it installed, that you get that dreadful "stutter" that used to be common among Legion, Slavery and Lust. See this thread for more details. I Instealled zebop's scanner to see if it flagged anything, but it didn't. Maybe it isn't configured in the right way for this? But changing the scanner frequency in Sexout doesn't fix the problem, and uninstalling DRL does. I don't get the stutter with it uninstalled. But it is a hallmark issue of formlists not clearing properly, so that's something to look into as after about 10 minutes in a highly populated area while solicting, every 2.5 seconds or so it keeps happening. Eventually the game crashes.

Now, for some suggestions. We talked about "hooks" earlier. Well, obvious, Dawes is one for prostitution in NCRF. I don't think you've implemented the "pay the pimp" part of the quest yet, but obviously on your way out, a topic to talk to him about paying him should pop up, or say, if you take off the prostitute outfit but  have previously agreed a deal with him. James Garret is also another obvious hook, when you ask about hiring prostitutes - you could work in the Atomic Wrangler without being told you're being "indecent" - which happened to me even when I was in a room with the door locked lol! Dixon in Freeside is another obvious candidate (drug dealer - maybe he could make the thugs friendly or something, more customers?) or you could accept Kings protection. Sarah over at Westside is an actual pimp and could cover westside too. 

Anyway, just some feedback. Hope it helps!

Hi T-Dawg,

I gave this a proper spin last night, especially the "soliciting" aspects. I really enjoyed it, especially the inbuilt mechanics, like having to be "discrete" and having to run after your johns for payment if you don't ask upfront, sometimes not getting paid, being offered "protection" by the Kings and so on. In a way, I also I'm starting to enjoy the fact there is no dialogue. I don't know, you sort of just imagine what they're saying and half the time its probably much better than anything you'd find in SexoutSex anyway lol  :D

I don't know, I just like the freedom. Anyway, there were a few minor hiccups. At some points, after a successful "trick" I would get a "post sex feedback" message, and this only happened twice - with Ralph and Garret from the Atomic Wrangler. Problem was, I could then no longer talk to them about paying me if I hadn't requrested it upfront, even though both have the "owes PC money" token. Giving them the token again didn't fix it. It worked for everybody else, so long as I didn't get a "post sex feedback" message.

Also, this is a major snag, but one of your formlists isn't clearing properly. I noticed when having it installed, that you get that dreadful "stutter" that used to be common among Legion, Slavery and Lust. See this thread for more details. I Instealled zebop's scanner to see if it flagged anything, but it didn't. Maybe it isn't configured in the right way for this? But changing the scanner frequency in Sexout doesn't fix the problem, and uninstalling DRL does. I don't get the stutter with it uninstalled. But it is a hallmark issue of formlists not clearing properly, so that's something to look into as after about 10 minutes in a highly populated area while solicting, every 2.5 seconds or so it keeps happening. Eventually the game crashes.

Now, for some suggestions. We talked about "hooks" earlier. Well, obvious, Dawes is one for prostitution in NCRF. I don't think you've implemented the "pay the pimp" part of the quest yet, but obviously on your way out, a topic to talk to him about paying him should pop up, or say, if you take off the prostitute outfit but  have previously agreed a deal with him. James Garret is also another obvious hook, when you ask about hiring prostitutes - you could work in the Atomic Wrangler without being told you're being "indecent" - which happened to me even when I was in a room with the door locked lol! Dixon in Freeside is another obvious candidate (drug dealer - maybe he could make the thugs friendly or something, more customers?) or you could accept Kings protection. Sarah over at Westside is an actual pimp and could cover westside too. 

Anyway, just some feedback. Hope it helps!

Tyvm.  I know exactly what you mean about the dialogue.  Personally, I find it extremely distasteful when mods try to tell my PC how they feel about things, and to a lesser degree, what they SAY.  NPC dialogue I have no problem with, but I do not like being robbed of my imagination.  Though I do realize it's a sign of the times, my fantasy/sci-fi adventuring began with books, remember those? (My first personal computer was an etch-a-sketch).  Which is probably one of the reason I don't see myself as good at dialogue.  Everytime I write a line for the PC, I cringe a little at the prospect of taking away from others imaginations.

I'll fix the post sex dialogue shortly.  Thanks for reporting it.  The token has to calculate payment after sex so you can't just add it and have it work.  I know what the problem is though.

As far as the scanner formlist... I've done everything I can think of to remedy that.  I too could not find a formlist that wasn't clearing with zees scanner.  I've re-written the scanner from the ground up literally 11 times.  I've been through that thread and a few others so many times, if it were a tub I'd be a prune.  I just don't know what else to do.  In my tests my game doesn't lag any more than usual (after a few hours of playing I get lag, but that has always been the case for me, mod or not).  But then again I have to start a clean save quite often which has kept me from reaching more populated areas like the Strip/Freeside.  I'll keep looking for a solution.  I still have a couple of changes I could try.  But honestly at this point I'm firing blind.

There is no 'pay the pimp' though I guess I could add one.  If you agree to solicit for anyone currently, the payment is 'assumed' and you simply make less upon payment.  ie.  It automatically get's taken out before you even see it.  All the planned solicitations that aren't in yet are in the todo list.  Wrangler/Gomorrah/Tops are all planned eventually.  Not to mention the other areas.  Of course there will be hooks with Sarah.  But as I've said, I haven't gotten very far (I made it to McCarren in one test is about as far as I've been) because I keep having to start over.

lol @ being blocked at the Wrangler.  I'll fix that, I just haven't gotten to Freeside yet.

You're a huge help.  Thanks again and keep it coming.

No problem, bugtesting is sort of my thing  ;)

As a mechanic, I think having to take it up with a pimp works better than automatically losing money from each transaction. You'd give him a "pimp" token and maybe have him report in after a set number of tricks. Or, you could just leave it up to the player in "good faith" - which I do anyways when I'm roleplaying haha. The problem with dialogue (and a problem I grapple with when writing for SexoutSex) is that its impossible to cover for all tastes. Some people like their dialogue dirty and smutty, others casual, others realistic, a few like it goofy, etc. I've considered "Perks" so each can choose their own, but as always they are imperfect solutions. 

I immediately start "testing" in highly populated areas because I know that if it works there, it'll work anywhere. Strangely though, or perhaps somewhat illuminating for you, the issue becomes pronounced only "after dark". I stood in the Atomic Wrangler for about 10 real time minutes during the day with a prostitute outfit, and no real lag manifested itself. Now jump to after 8pm, and there it is clear as day. Perhaps it is something to do with whatever script you've written for higher chances of solicitation after a certain time? Have you considered getting Prideslayer or Jaam to maybe give the scripts a quick look? They've both got experience with the problem and maybe they could spot something you've missed? It would be a shame to not be able to eliminate this bug, or for all your rebuilds to have been in vain, especially given the time you've put into it.

Anyway, great plugin!  ;)

Archived