[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

Updated the OP.  Spent a while testing solicitation using the NCRCF Reinforcements mod.  Fixed a bunch of stuff.

As I move forward these are the questions that I'm REALLY struggling with regarding NPCs:

1. Who is straight/bi/gay?

2. Who is easy/loose?

3. Who is looking for a solid commitment?

4. Who is only looking for casual sex?

5. Who are 'the crazies'?

6. Who does or does not want to start a family?

7. Who is dom and who is sub?

8. Who is secretly perverted??

I would like to give this some depth.  I have all the parts in place, but until I figure out a reasonable way to answer the above questions, all I can do is assign them via random chance which bugs me.

Why not take your cues from the way they are dressed; there's quite a lot of variety to the vanilla

clothes, as I discovered when I was trying to take the clothes of 20+ npc's through the console. Change

some of the outfits if you have to, or add new ones so that your personality assignments make more sense.

Updated the OP.  Spent a while testing solicitation using the NCRCF Reinforcements mod.  Fixed a bunch of stuff.

As I move forward these are the questions that I'm REALLY struggling with regarding NPCs:

2. Who is easy/loose?

8. Who is secretly perverted??

I would like to give this some depth.  I have all the parts in place, but until I figure out a reasonable way to answer the above questions, all I can do is assign them via random chance which bugs me.

I was going to say, DoctaSax uses a really good system for that in SOFO with the clothing system, where you get to "designate" what is classy, slutty, "plain", etc. The Intimacy Project could do the same, and then use that information so NPC's vary their reactions according to what you've specified. There are even categories for "showing boobs" and "showing ass" and so forth, which you already have messages about NPC's staring at that would fit perfectly.

I gave this a quick try last night (before your last update) and liked the possibilities it seems to offer. I didn't progress very far though, I only got to a date once, but I did like the "seduction" opportunities, especially to convince the NPC to have a certain type of sex if he doesn't want to, seducing him again. It was a nice touch. However, most of the time, even after a lot of flirting, getting them to agree to a "date" is quite hard. Also, what is the purpose of "hang out"? It just closes the window and nothing seems to happen.

Oh, and obviously, I see you're a little light on the dialogue  :P

There is no dialogue. lol  I'll get to that last as it's not my area of expertise.  Are you volunte...

This is already using most of the main clothing eval lists.  In fact, the NPCs develop their own favorite outfits for you to wear which give bonuses (already working).  Check the console for messages about 'looks' when you change clothing.  Though I did make my own messages not knowing they were already there.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I may switch to them.

Successfully coercing or seducing alters their Dom/Sub strength btw (already working).  The more seductive you are, the more Dom they become, and visa versa.

I just wrapped up for today and one of the main changes I made was to tweak the settings a bit more.  I lowered all of the rates so in the next update it should be much easier to date and move to the next level of the relationship.  Hang Out does just that.  You hang out together.  Cop a squat and watch the grass grow.

All activities are currently on a 'date' timer.  I think hang out lasts for 120 seconds or something like that.  If you choose an activity, make sure you stick around for it to end or you won't get any bonuses from it.  You'll know when they're done when the NPC either goes back to what they normally do, or comes over and talks to you.

Also, if you make a date for that night, talk to them again after 7pm to start your date.

I got a PM about dialogue submissions so I figured I'd post this.  If you would like to submit dialogue:

a. Grab a copy of the mod.

b. Open it in GECK or play it.

c. Send me or post the indicator dialogue (the part in brackets ie. [subject: Sentence]) along with the line you want to replace it with.

d. Try to gather a few up before you post or PM so I don't have to go thru them one at a time.

There is no need to worry about style and this is not a quest mod so there can be as many variations of each line as we can come up with.  All that matters really is that the line is relevant to the current conversation.  I think it would be great to have as many different writers as possible so that there's always something new to be said. I will do my best to credit all contributions.

I'm still pretty new to modding, so I don't know how this would work.  Have you thought about basing dispositions on the AI attributes (aggression, confidence, etc.)?  Of course, this would probably only really be useful for generic NPCs or ones with very few lines where there isn't a lot of personality to be inferred.

I'm still pretty new to modding, so I don't know how this would work.  Have you thought about basing dispositions on the AI attributes (aggression, confidence, etc.)?  Of course, this would probably only really be useful for generic NPCs or ones with very few lines where there isn't a lot of personality to be inferred.

I use confidence currently in one place.  The problem I find with aggression and confidence is the zoning issue.  ie. they are set when you zone based on level and never or very seldom change on their own afterward. Same with threat.

Disposition is currently based on how you treat them. Be good to them and their disposition will go up, ignore them or treat them bad and it will go down. 

Not just that, but it also applies within their various roles as well.  There is a difference in the definition of 'good treatment' depending upon their role. ie. Patron/Lover/Girlfriend/Mate/Spouse.  They all respond differently to different things.  They even respond differently based on sex (male or female).

Females are more up front with their feelings, so you have to deal with their feelings first before you get to their base desires.  Males are more sexually driven, so you have to deal with their baser desires first before you get them to open up.  It's a system that has a lot of nuance to it behind the scenes.

Updated the OP to a fairly stable copy so far.  Gangs are pretty aggressive now.  They'll run you down in groups.  You can get by Dawes at NCRCF now using dialogue (if you can make it to the door).  If anyone has any similar ideas that make sense, toss them at me and I'll add them in.

I'm enjoying testing this mod.  I did a cursory search in this thread, so forgive me if I missed it, but are you planning on either building a MCM options menu or some other way to set settings for this mod to enable/disable features?  I can appreciate the work/thought you've put into the rape mechanism, but outside of consensual roleplay, I'd rather disable that option.

I'm enjoying testing this mod.  I did a cursory search in this thread, so forgive me if I missed it, but are you planning on either building a MCM options menu or some other way to set settings for this mod to enable/disable features?  I can appreciate the work/thought you've put into the rape mechanism, but outside of consensual roleplay, I'd rather disable that option.

You mean gangs?  I can put in an option to disable gangs.  But then there's date rape, rape by patrons you've cheated as a prostitute, not having a pimp and working an area can get you raped, not to mention teasing or playing mind games with or cheating on NPCs.

Some neutrals will attempt rape under certain circumstances, but if you resist them they back down.  Only evils will actually go thru with it (unless they're a theft victim).

Then there are rescuers who will come to your aid and stop the rape (most non evil NPCs will help you if they're nearbye).  If the player rapes there is a crime system in place if they get caught.  Also you can escape rape attempts before they happen using the resist option.  You can also sneak past gangs to avoid rape.

As of right now the only thing that would be relitively easy to add an MCM disable to would be gang stalkers.  I had considered making Prostitution/Stalkers a separate module eventually.  There are also plans for consensual role playing rape within relatoinships.

I have no problems with disabling it, but it's so intertwined currently that it will take some time.  I'll ad it to the todo list for now.

OK I could use some feedback.

I'm thinking:

Veronica (Bi)

Beatrix (Bi)

Betty (Gay)

I've read debates on Trudy(secretly gay) and Arcade(gay) as well, but have no solid lore to base it on.  Though I rarely play long term with companions (they usually sit at my home location).  Any thoughts?

2. Who is easy/loose?

8. Who is secretly perverted?

On this one I think I'm going to set everyone at baseline to begin with, I want this to be able to move back and forth (mostly back) depending upon circumstances.  Then I'll add a new attribute called 'inhibitions' which the player can then effect in either direction. ???

Still considering these.

I've taken care of this so far but haven't really tested it.  If you're wearing sub or dom clothes when you first meet someone, and they successfully approach you, they will start out with a sub or dom strength in the opposite direction of what you're wearing.  So far Sub or Dom only applies in the bedroom so to speak.  ie. You can be a sub in the bedroom, but a dom in day to day.

Also, you can coerce them to push them toward sub, and seduce them to push them toward dom. ???

I have no problems with disabling it, but it's so intertwined currently that it will take some time.  I'll ad it to the todo list for now.

I figured that it would impact a lot of quests/scripts, but I appreciate your adding it to the To Do list.  In the meanwhile, I'll be sure to keep my companions nearby.

I figured that it would impact a lot of quests/scripts, but I appreciate your adding it to the To Do list.  In the meanwhile, I'll be sure to keep my companions nearby.

You can also try and outrun them btw.  They will get tired and give up based on their endurance.

I've just added a vulnerability index so that they don't bother you so much if you don't look vulnerable (ie. sidearm equipped/weapon out, I may add health/intox later).  I've also tweaked the approach ratios down a bit.  I had them set really high for testing purposes.

I'm getting game freeze after going through some dialog;

3 times in a row, restarted game each time. Loading screens

were taking longer too, 3 different cells.

Disabled mod, game back to normal.

Which dialogue?  Latest upload?

I was getting this too a couple of uploads ago.  It happened when activities were started.  Make sure you clean save.

I went ahead and moved the date timer out of the tracker as this was causing me some lag every time it ran.  That might have been the problem.  Uploaded new years version.

EDIT:

I was able to get to 1st level commitment by the second morning of the game.  Here are some tips.

1. You only get 3 Affections and Hang Outs per day. (You get 3 more affections if you talk to them while on a date).

2. You only get 3 'Maybes' a day to ward off their advances, use them strategically.

3. Hang Outs give affection but also gives desire.  Use them strategically.

4. Eating gives affection.  Sometimes if you're lucky one of their 'desire' based approaches will be to eat which will empty their desire and give you affection without using your own up.

5. Rejection can work to your advantage if they're in desire/lust overdrive.  If they're really hot for you, they'll get over rejection in no time, and by then, they'll be even hotter, but also more affectionate.  Timing a rejection to get what you want is key.

6. If they won't talk to you anymore (the dialogue is no longer there), that means they're upset.  Just leave and come back in a short time.  If they try to approach you, they've already gotten over whatever they were brooding about.

7. If you're worried about being asked again for casual sex, try dressing down on your next visit.  Use this strategically. ie. After their affection level is high.  It will drop their desire for that visit, and if you time it right, it will take their casual sex approach out of the way so they can give affection.

8. This cannot be done all in one go, you must leave, then return periodically.  Play the game a bit, then come back to them.

9. Be careful what you wear.  If you're in something that looks easy or like a prostitute, they'll REALLY pay attention to you, but you'll have a hard time getting them to trust you towards a commitment.

10. Same with sleeping around.  They'll have sex with you all day long, but won't commit if word gets out that you're loose.

11. Once you've begun a relationship with them, if you enter their area (same cell) DO NOT IGNORE THEM.  At least initiate vanilla dialogue.  You don't have to click SODRL dialogue.  Just as long as you open dialogue with them before you leave their area again.

By 6am the second game day, I walked up to them and they proposed (be my girlfriend).  I had used all my affections, 2 hang outs, , dressed down twice (down one visit, then back up the next, then down again), gotten them to flirt-eat once, and used up all of my maybes, including the negative 'maybe', despite the fact that it counts as rejection.

I was using the most recent update prior to what you posted today.

It always seemed to happen at the 2nd approach of an NPC.

Talk to them once, exercise dialog options, they walk away, approach

them again, begin conversation - freeze- have to ctrl-alt-delete to exit.

It's going to be damned hard to tell unnamed NPC's apart if I leave

and come back later. I lose them in a crowd even if I stay in the same cell.

They need an arrow hovering over their head or something.

Regarding contributing dialog; I'm going to let you get things fleshed

out more. Just PM we when you are ready. I've seen enough to know

I can come up with content if requested.

Happy New Year!

I was using the most recent update prior to what you posted today.

It always seemed to happen at the 2nd approach of an NPC.

Talk to them once, exercise dialog options, they walk away, approach

them again, begin conversation - freeze- have to ctrl-alt-delete to exit.

It's going to be damned hard to tell unnamed NPC's apart if I leave

and come back later. I lose them in a crowd even if I stay in the same cell.

They need an arrow hovering over their head or something.

Regarding contributing dialog; I'm going to let you get things fleshed

out more. Just PM we when you are ready. I've seen enough to know

I can come up with content if requested.

Happy New Year!

You make a good point about not being able to pick them out in a crowd.  I think I'm going to start splitting them up into lists and use the generics for patrons/stalkers only and resrtict intimacy to named NPCs.

Happy New Year!

EDIT: OK I split them up.  Now only named NPCs should be able to have a deeper relationship and the generic no name NPCs will only Solicit or Stalk.

Update in the OP.  I've had 1 freeze with this one so far but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Happened after trying to hang out.  Hang out began, and instead of going somewhere to sit down they wandered for a while before the package kicked in.  Then just as they sat down the package timer expired and it froze and I had to three finger salute, end process.  Ever since it has been fine.  Though giving affection during a date for some reason lags me, it stops lagging when the date is over.  I might have to change that to a token.

I'm thinking about adding condom use somehow.  I think about it everytime they want to consummate a committed relationship.  Just not sure how I want to go about it yet.

@ sora3:  Yeah I found a list a while back.  Someone on the nexus went thru and pegged them all for some mod I forget.  I do know I can GECK the dialogue for those perks and figure it out.

I think I've figured out the cause of the lag.  It seems that when the NPC is sitting, and a spell is cast on them (affection/flirt), things get real choppy until they stand up again.  Has anyone else experienced this or is it just my rig?  Is this a well known problem?  If so, how do I deal with it?

EDIT: I take that back in part.  It seems the combination of sitting, while a timer is running(via token), and having the spell cast on them.  Not just the spell by itself.

EDIT EDIT: OK I'm back to being clueless again.  Though it does happen when affection/flirt is given and while they're sitting.  It happened again to me but this time they weren't on a date timer.  Weird.  Since I haven't heard from anyone I'm going to chalk it up to my old rig for the time being.

Well I've reached and important hurdle, and I could use some help/advice/feedback.

I've made it to a second level relationship.  Probably most accurately described as 'live in lovers'.  This stage was supposed to be a kind of 'let's move in together' stage.  But I'm having real trouble deciding what practical, yet effective method I should use for this kind of interaction.

Currently the mod is set to penalize your relationship if the PC doesn't come home to them at night.  ie. If you're in the same cell as them at midnight, they consider you to have spent the night with them.  Whereas, if you aren't, they consider you to have 'not come home' that night.  This only applies to the 'living together' relationship and of course spouse.

For now this feature is simply a placeholder that needs more detail.  I thought about having some kind of 'bedroll' item that you could drop and it sets things in their house 'like beds' so you can sleep in them.  But this may not be practical.  Or some dialogue option that initiates sleep or a cut scene.  I don't know if there's a way to ref an NPCs home/bed dynamically.  I could probably find them one by one and then set their home/bed to some NX var at load start.

How could/should this work?  I don't want a system where you just have to pop in at midnight and then split.  Seems like it would be a chore that way.  Any thoughts?

EDIT: How about, just be there when they go to bed?  That's the lazy way I can think of.

EDIT EDIT: OK I just made it so that you have to be back to where they are before sunrise (between midnight and six AM).

Once a day interaction requirements could prove onerous when one is out saving

humanity; twice a week is more reasonable from my standpoint... of course I'm not

married, so what do I know.

There needs to be a "Baby, I'm going to be away for a while." option too for when one

accesses DLC content and will be unable to return within a day. Have a probabilty

factor that your partner gets pissed off or leaves that increases with time away.

If you enter long term absence conditions when interpersonal relations are on shaky

ground, have the partner challenge you with threats to leave, or break up with you on

the spot.

Of course you could throw in some "Love me two times; I'm going away..." sex before

long term absences just for grins :)

Of course, if you come home reeking of sperm...

Another solution per panthercom's suggestions re: absence could be a "program" in the pip-boy that when activated sends a "thinking of you" message to the npc (insert explanation to suspend disbelief here).

Could be something like a walkie talkie like Niner uses.  Equip Item > MessageBox  NPC "Hey.  What's up?" > "Just thinking about you." "Can't wait to see you again." "Something lewd." "I'm going to be longer than I thought."

EDIT:  And of course, the dialogue option(s) could increase/decrease affection, etc. stats.

EDIT2:  And should you choose to implement this, I assume it would be one-way functionality so that your partner doesn't nag you.  Of course, it would be kind of funny if an NPC stalker hacked in occasionally. 

Message Location:  Goodsprings

Name:  YOUR SECRET ADMIRER

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CUM SEE ME AGAIN? ; *  <3 <3 <3

Great input guys.  You're a big help.  Thank you very much.

Carrier Pigeons.  Yep, carrier pigeons.  The whole mod from now on will be devoted to the PC raising carrier pigeons. lol  I'm kidding of course, but I did get carried away thinking of the possibilities.  Smoke signals, the Pony Express.

Everyone knows the PC is a courier.  I don't think anyone would expect them to be home every night anyway.  Maybe as much as a truck driver?

I think the most fun solution would be a 'ham radio' or some such item that you can use to check in.  I thought about leaving notes, and also I would LOVE to add dialogue for long distance communication.  But the problem with that is that you can have 'many' committed partners.

I don't think I've gone over it in any detail because it hasn't come up, but you can have as many committed relationships as you can 'keep'. lol  So for now, I just want to simplify things that could become more complex than the relationship tracking itself (which is pretty convoluted as is), and build upon them later.

As it stands, all NPCs except 'spouse' are set to forget about the PC over time, committed or not.  So I've decided to go with a dialogue option for absence on individuals.  Something like 'I'm off to work.', 'When will you be back.', 'A. Tonight / B. A few days'.  Of course you shouldn't make any dates for that night or they'll get pissed.  This will only apply to 2nd and 3rd level relationships.  Sound good?

Archived