Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Rez - I agree with you, I can't decide if TKC are worse or better than Vanilla. on the one hand Vanilla's proportions are better. but it's the same kind of homely looking face on all the kids and on the other hand, TKC has variety, but the faces are kind of small and have a bit uncanny valley going on..too doll like, I suppose. I assumed the same about the head parts and that it shouldn't conflict with SK, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for letting me know. 

 

en_hawk -  I appreciate you thinking about taking a more in-depth look yourself, I was hoping that you may have just known off the cuff. Don't want to take up too much of yours or anybody else's time. I'll keep testing it out, see if anything weird happens and report back.

 

 

Posted

I know we're being a bit slow, but the first round of NPCs really is quite close. I promise!

 

In the mean-time, to tide you over and/or make you even more impatient, Dorthe says hello!

 

Posted

I tried TKC and...it's just a big NO for me. So, I'm patiently waiting for you guys to deliver us from evil that are vanilla clones. Yours truly, patient as ever, Sasha No5.

Posted

I haven't really run into any problems with TKC functioning, though as others have echoed, I'd prefer for the SK NPC patch to come out and replace it. My Skyrim feels mostly alive and very immersive, the doll-like kids are a strange   =].

 

I did have to extricate myself from an interesting little situation and giving detail might help those who get into a similar one. I started using Wyre Bash to make some mod patches, as per the recommendations of authors of a few mods I'm looking at. I ran BOSS and saw that the BOSS report it generated mentioned two NAVmesh deletions for a mod called "The Void Walker". I decided to uninstall the mod and be done with it. However the SKArmor Patches.jar program that comes with SK core required the The Void Walker for it's master file, I had run it post activating TVW, since it apparently also had files pertaining to armors. No biggie, just had to run SKArmor Patches,jar again after unintstalling TVW. 

 

I saw in this thread that some people ran into a problem running SKArmor Patches.jar even with Java, and that is probably due to not running Java as administrator. Try that and it should work without a problem. 

   

Posted

First round of NPCs coming soon soon soon. 'hawk and I were working on it for 4 hours last night (most of the work is him, most of the breaking things is mine). Don't you hate it when "It'll be simple" turns into "OMG what have I done?"

 

I suck at screen shots but I'm going to try to generate some new ones today.

Posted

Ok, b3 is here. Notable features include the first release of the vanilla child replacer(albeit slightly incomplete), two new followers based on the addon races, and I finally fixed the monli preset patches so you can actually use them. Also there is now a compatibility patch for the oblivion AIO hair pack. And the eyebrow mipmap bug is fixed, for those of you playing on super low end machines.

 

Read the update info, and more importantly read the upgrade instructions. Let me know if anything is broken.

Posted

Yay, it's update time!

 

Some important tidbits for people who tend not to read posts like they should. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

 

What's new?

 

Eyebrow texture corruption on low spec machines fixed
CharGen Extension support for males is now functional
Monli preset patches now functional
Fixed invisible boots on jester set for male characters(read upgrade instructions, you need to delete some files)
New optional followers added(Lolydia(monli) & Taldyn(drow))
Compatibility patch for Oblivion hair pack AIO added
Vanilla child replacer added

 

 

Firstly, the list of updated files since the file manager is a bit... lacking in the ability to provide information there. These can all be found on the files page.

 

[NEW] - [Addon] Vanilla Child Replacer.rar

 - This replaces 16 vanilla child NPCs, you want it!

 

[NEW] - [Follower] Drow Taldyn.rar

 - New follower! Found in the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood. REQUIRES the Drow Addon.

 

[NEW] - [Follower] Monli Lolydia.rar

 - Lydia replacement. REQUIRES the Monli Addon.

 

[NEW] - [Patch] B3 Incremental Patch.rar

 - Fixes and such, you want this too!

 

[uPDATED] - [Optional] CharGen Extension ECE Support.rar

 - Fixes for male ECE stuff. REQUIRES the ECE Addon.

 

Secondly, here are the upgrade instructions. Notice that you need to remove 2 files!

 

Upgrading from an earlier version to B3:
First off, you need to delete some files; navigate to 'Data\meshes\skykids-armorswap\child\clothes\jester\' and delete 'jesterbootsm_0.nif' and 'jesterbootsm_1.nif'. Next go ahead and pickup the b2->b3 patch([Patch] B3 Incremental Patch.rar), this has the necessary files to update the 'skykids base' and monli(specifically the preset patches) packages. Extract the contents of the 'skykids base' directory to your data directory, and if you are using the monli addon preset patches extract the contents of the 'monli preset patches' directory there as well. The CharGen Extension patch has been updated as well, however since that patch is a whopping 3kb in size for everything it did not get included in the incremental patch; simply redownload the updated file listed above and install it normally to update. Make sure to grab the latest BOSS userlist data as well when updating everything.

 

Thirdly, and finally (for now), please pay close attention to the BOSS orders, and they include some updates:

 

 

OVERRIDE: SK Drow Child Race.esm
AFTER: Skykids.esm

OVERRIDE: SK Monli Race.esm
AFTER: Skykids.esm

ADD: monli preset1.esp
BOTTOM: Overrides

ADD: monli preset2.esp
BOTTOM: Overrides

ADD: monli preset3.esp
BOTTOM: Overrides

ADD: SK Lolydia.esp
BOTTOM: Companions

ADD: SK Drow Taldyn.esp
BOTTOM: Companions

ADD: SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp
BOTTOM: Overrides

ADD: SK Child Armor Swapper.esp
BOTTOM: Dynamic Plugins

 

 

If you notice any amiss please let us know.

Posted

Here is the list of the updated girls (with their console code) in the vanilla replacer pack (according to the .esp, have not tested)

 

 

[0001329B] Minette Vinius

[000132A9] Svari

[00013378] Runa

[00013385] Adara

[000133AB] Erith

[00013477] Dorthe

[000135E5] Agni

[00013668] Hrefna

[000136B9] Britte

[000136BA] Sissel

[00013BA9] Braith

[00013BAD] Mila

[0001434B] Dagny

[0001C185] Eirid

[0001E82C] Fjotra

[000274A5] Helgi's Ghost

 

 

Posted

Glad to see that you have finally got the Vanilla Child Replacer in the works. Going to check this out now.

 

Question though, what is all required to use it? Is it standalone, or do I need the main mod for it? And if so, do I just need the Core mod and that's it? Just don't want to download a bunch of unnecessary files that are not needed. Not a fan of the playable race portion, I just want something to replace the vanilla children.

 

And is this standalone? I mean like really standalone? Don't want to install it and find out it ends up messing up a bunch of my vanilla assets like RCotS and CotS does.

Posted

You need the core mod and armor swapper as a base requirement for anything else. All the rest is add on.

 

So for the child replacer you need core, armor, and the replacer. You'd want to make sure you have the prereqs for those as well even if you don't intend to play as an SK race.

 

And yes, it is completely stand alone. All textures, meshes, facegen, skeletons, etc are isolated. If it conflicts with something else I'm sure we'll fix it. As with any mod you should make a backup of your save game before adding this mod to the mix to make sure you won't change your mind later. You pretty much never want to remove a mod while you're playing a savegame that included it.

 

Here's a couple hurried screen shots, totally untouched (except by the forum shrinking them :(). And yes, I know we need to add variety to the clothing. Next update maybe :P

 

 

 

Posted

Clothing is fine, doesn't bother me. I mostly had the basic vanilla children clothes any ways.

 

Glad to hear it is completely standalone as well. Just did a fresh reinstall of Skyrim so it would be on a new game any ways, so that's a plus. I'm guessing the armor patcher just resizes gear to fit the children then? So they aren't wearing adult versions of the outfits?

 

Going to give it a try now and check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Posted

Clothing is fine, doesn't bother me. I mostly had the basic vanilla children clothes any ways.

 

Glad to hear it is completely standalone as well. Just did a fresh reinstall of Skyrim so it would be on a new game any ways, so that's a plus. I'm guessing the armor patcher just resizes gear to fit the children then? So they aren't wearing adult versions of the outfits?

 

Going to give it a try now and check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :)

 

'hawk and others have made armor meshes for these bodies. What the patcher does is work some voodoo so the kids show their armor when available and adults show their armor. e.g. iron armor is the same iron armor no matter who puts it on stats-wise and item-wise, but the mesh shown will be specific to sky kids if available (otherwise they fall back to wearing the default mesh, like adults). Right now it's the vanilla armor that's done and some of the vanilla clothes. A few people in the thread have made some custom armors as well.

Posted

I installed the Vanilla Child Replacer and the incremental patch plus redownloaded and installed the CharGen Ext. patch and reinstalled that (so cool to be able to change the child character's eye size, a lot of the other face options are working now, too) . Unfortunately, the NPC girls are running around cloth-less...so I must be missing something here. 

 

Edit: I would report more extensively on any changes to the boy character I made, but he's using the alternate body and since that's not really being supported anymore, I don't know how useful any data pertaining to that might be. Suffice to say the FaceGen ext is working great and I've made him even better looking.

Posted

I installed the Vanilla Child Replacer and the incremental patch plus redownloaded and installed the CharGen Ext. patch and reinstalled that (so cool to be able to change the child character's eye size, a lot of the other face options are working now, too) . Unfortunately, the NPC girls are running around cloth-less...so I must be missing something here. 

 

Edit: I would report more extensively on any changes to the boy character I made, but he's using the alternate body and since that's not really being supported anymore, I don't know how useful any data pertaining to that might be. Suffice to say the FaceGen ext is working great and I've made him even better looking.

You updated to the new BOSS userlist data in the thread, and ran BOSS correct?

 

Even on the alternate body, face data is still useful. I've got like 20 something boy faces to make, which I'm not really good at, if you'd like to help.

Posted

 

I installed the Vanilla Child Replacer and the incremental patch plus redownloaded and installed the CharGen Ext. patch and reinstalled that (so cool to be able to change the child character's eye size, a lot of the other face options are working now, too) . Unfortunately, the NPC girls are running around cloth-less...so I must be missing something here. 

 

Edit: I would report more extensively on any changes to the boy character I made, but he's using the alternate body and since that's not really being supported anymore, I don't know how useful any data pertaining to that might be. Suffice to say the FaceGen ext is working great and I've made him even better looking.

You updated to the new BOSS userlist data in the thread, and ran BOSS correct?

 

Even on the alternate body, face data is still useful. I've got like 20 something boy faces to make, which I'm not really good at, if you'd like to help.

 

 

I opened up the uselist.txt in the BOSS directory, pasted in the new data and, I've ran it a few times since, fiddling around with this or that. Svari is running around in her two-piece and AFAIK the other girls are as well.

 

I'd love to help, but I'm a rank amateur. I'm literally learning how to patch successfully and mod as I go along. Heh, if I could craft the boys in the racemenu, well, then you'd have something, but me in the creation kit? its like someone who doesn't know how to hold a ladle in a kitchen.

 

I will show up and mention if anything is gnarly or weird. So far, the only things that stand out not working are the body, hand and feet paint options in racemenu (Face is fine and dandy), again for alternate body on a nord child. A few of the dials as well, but I'll have to go through them and jot them down.

 

 post-328324-0-50897600-1390202034_thumb.jpg

post-328324-0-16560600-1390202072_thumb.jpg

post-328324-0-03195300-1390202124_thumb.jpg

post-328324-0-67314500-1390202149_thumb.jpg

 

That's Skyxum Thunderclash my PC (and again thanks for helping him come to life), I tend to try to make 'em handsome. I'm going to mess around with some sliders in an effort to very slightly butch him up.

Posted

Snake, are you allowing the armor patcher to complete? It is normal for it to say 100% and then pause there, it is not actually done and closing it will break the process. Also can you post your load order?

Posted

Snake, are you allowing the armor patcher to complete? It is normal for it to say 100% and then pause there, it is not actually done and closing it will break the process. Also can you post your load order?

 

 

I've run the Armor patcher, but have run into some trouble with it on account of a different mod, I'm going to uninstall everything then reinstall it again and I don't anticipate any other problems. This is very likely my error. Thank you for helping me out. When I think I've got it sorted out and if I'm still running into the same problem, I'll bother you guys. 

Posted

Even on the alternate body, face data is still useful. I've got like 20 something boy faces to make, which I'm not really good at, if you'd like to help.

 

 

I can do males faces.  I have three ready to go where I can send you the raw CharGen export if you want to package them. Or, if you guys have a tutorial you used that shows how to use the exported CharGen parts, I could learn to fully implement what I make into the NPC_ data and then send it to you.

 

You also mentioned outfits; I could assemble some OTFT's for you use.

 

 

I'd love to help, but I'm a rank amateur. I'm literally learning how to patch successfully and mod as I go along. Heh, if I could craft the boys in the racemenu, well, then you'd have something, but me in the creation kit? its like someone who doesn't know how to hold a ladle in a kitchen.

 

 

I can't use the CK, too clunky.  I use TES5Edit instead.  It may not be the friendliest of interfaces, but at least you don't have to jump through hoops to get it to work like the CK does.

But as I mentioned, you can export the head data using CharGen, and that might be enough to contribute (depending on what eh_hawk and JerWA are using to make the facegeoms), nothing fancy to with the CK required.

 

 

 

Svari is running around in her two-piece and AFAIK the other girls are as well.

 

 

That might be something with the NPC_ data; I'm looking through new addon, and I'm noticing that the field 'Worn Armor' for the replacer girls is set to the Naked skin.  On most NPC's that line is omitted in favor of the default outfit entry. I don't know what having both does, or if its even a problem.  I still need to test the girls myself.

 

And one additional thing I noticed is that Runa is missing her adoptable faction flag.  I know its for compatibility purposes. On the next release, I would split the replacer addon into two parts--one for all the kids and all the parts, and one for just an esp flagging the HF adoptables. Unless you have something else planned; then carry on.

Posted

 

Even on the alternate body, face data is still useful. I've got like 20 something boy faces to make, which I'm not really good at, if you'd like to help.

 

I can do males faces.  I have three ready to go where I can send you the raw CharGen export if you want to package them. Or, if you guys have a tutorial you used that shows how to use the exported CharGen parts, I could learn to fully implement what I make into the NPC_ data and then send it to you.

 

You also mentioned outfits; I could assemble some OTFT's for you use.

 

I'd love to help, but I'm a rank amateur. I'm literally learning how to patch successfully and mod as I go along. Heh, if I could craft the boys in the racemenu, well, then you'd have something, but me in the creation kit? its like someone who doesn't know how to hold a ladle in a kitchen.

 

I can't use the CK, too clunky.  I use TES5Edit instead.  It may not be the friendliest of interfaces, but at least you don't have to jump through hoops to get it to work like the CK does.

But as I mentioned, you can export the head data using CharGen, and that might be enough to contribute (depending on what eh_hawk and JerWA are using to make the facegeoms), nothing fancy to with the CK required.

 

 

Svari is running around in her two-piece and AFAIK the other girls are as well.

 

That might be something with the NPC_ data; I'm looking through new addon, and I'm noticing that the field 'Worn Armor' for the replacer girls is set to the Naked skin.  On most NPC's that line is omitted in favor of the default outfit entry. I don't know what having both does, or if its even a problem.  I still need to test the girls myself.

 

And one additional thing I noticed is that Runa is missing her adoptable faction flag.  I know its for compatibility purposes. On the next release, I would split the replacer addon into two parts--one for all the kids and all the parts, and one for just an esp flagging the HF adoptables. Unless you have something else planned; then carry on.

 

Thanks for offering to help out with the faces, that would be much appreciated. Basically you want to set them up with CGE and save them with its preset slot feature, all I need is the slot files(and what race+npc they go to) and I can handle merging everything else myself. I need to set the used headparts on the NPC record to match what you have set on your end, export the facegen data with the CK, then export it via CGE and merge the updated model in on top. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but its really the only option we have.

 

If you want to do outfits on any of the kids(boy or girl) that would help as well. Don't worry about whether or not the clothes have a converted mesh yet, as everything is going to get converted eventually.

 

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Posted

You need the core mod and armor swapper as a base requirement for anything else. All the rest is add on.

 

So for the child replacer you need core, armor, and the replacer. You'd want to make sure you have the prereqs for those as well even if you don't intend to play as an SK race.

 

And yes, it is completely stand alone. All textures, meshes, facegen, skeletons, etc are isolated. If it conflicts with something else I'm sure we'll fix it. As with any mod you should make a backup of your save game before adding this mod to the mix to make sure you won't change your mind later. You pretty much never want to remove a mod while you're playing a savegame that included it.

 

Here's a couple hurried screen shots, totally untouched (except by the forum shrinking them :(). And yes, I know we need to add variety to the clothing. Next update maybe :P

 

attachicon.gifb3-1.jpg attachicon.gifb3-2.jpg attachicon.gifb3-3.jpg

 

So I downloaded the two [core] files (main and armor) plus the child replacer. I followed the instructions to a "T" for install (even got the patcher to confirm and produce the swapper.esp).

 

I don't want to play as a child, but I do want to replace those lifeless blob heathens that Bethesda calls children. So I guess I'm off to test it all out, huh? :D Wish me luck! :P

 

Posted

Quick question before I load my saves and dump the CGE heads...

 

Should I limit what I'm using to only the base SK materials, or would it be permissible to use the additional cosmetic mods?

 

I have a feeling the answer is the former, but I want to be sure because I hate the basegame hair that much.

Posted

Quick question before I load my saves and dump the CGE heads...

 

Should I limit what I'm using to only the base SK materials, or would it be permissible to use the additional cosmetic mods?

 

I have a feeling the answer is the former, but I want to be sure because I hate the basegame hair that much.

Yeah, we're keeping it limited to vanilla assets on the vanilla npcs. Perhaps try something like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510/?
Posted

Well, I fired it up and the kids looked a whole lot better. It all seems to work well and not interfering with anything else at all. And on a low end machine I notice no difference in performance whatsoever (didn't expect there to be, though).

 

Good work, guys. Now if I want to try playing as a child I'll be sure to give this a good workout. Hopefully it doesn't act like other child mods (and I don't expect it to). Others have had too many issues with other mods and require a complete nuking to get rid of.

Posted

Well, I fired it up and the kids looked a whole lot better. It all seems to work well and not interfering with anything else at all. And on a low end machine I notice no difference in performance whatsoever (didn't expect there to be, though).

 

Good work, guys. Now if I want to try playing as a child I'll be sure to give this a good workout. Hopefully it doesn't act like other child mods (and I don't expect it to). Others have had too many issues with other mods and require a complete nuking to get rid of.

Glad everything is working out for you. Eventually the playable races are going to be switched off by default, once some of the modules reach a more complete state(as right now the playable races are really the only thing that's more or less complete). That way people who only want a vanilla npc replacer can have just that, and people who want playable races can just load a plugin to enable them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...