Has a true patch been released yet?

I played Skyrim on release, and while its a great game, there are many little things that made me decide that I would not play until the toolset was released. That resolve didn't hold lol.

However, I had to uninstall eventually because I was ruining the game for myself and quickly beganh to dislike it - because like many I can't run the game for more than ten minutes without an error-less crash to desktop. It got to the point I wasn't having fun as I was playing, and was rushing through content, awaiting the next crash.

So... I don't suppose a patch fixing this has been released yet has it? I know about the one that made it worse and broke the 4gb users files. Anything since then?

I really want to get back to playing. Well, no, what I would really like is to be cryogenically frozen until the equivilent of HGEC and the Lovers/Sexout mods have been released. But i'll settle for being able to play the frikken game.

For what it's worth, I think I've only had 1 CTD in 60+ hours of playing. Running mostly on max settings without the large address aware fix. Win7 x64, 6GB ram, ATI card.

The only bug that's really gotten to me is the one in the main quest with - that guy in riften underground whose name I can't recall - his speech is missing and he never opens his bl*&y door. It was quick enough to fix (unpacking a BSA), but an epic fail from Beth's QA. I mean, can't we have maybe a couple less dungeons and a main quest that actually works?

So far my pattern with TES / fallout games is 2 or 3 big playthrough (1 playthrough meaning a period of several months over which I'm playing the game on and off, not necessarily on the same character). 1st is after game release, on an unmodded game except for the most glaring flaws. Then once enough good mods, DLC and other experience enrichers are out I give it another go, and Oblivion was awarded an exceptional 3rd life because of the lovers mods.

No the first release is Tomorrow 1.2 patch. The other patch was to annoy legit players, so that is not really a patch but a breach by there own EULA.

1.2 is not really worth it from the look of things it does not even fix stability. So if you install it keep in mind it will first install the Breach of EULA then only minor fixes are applied. Might even break some other things. So i am waiting till a major one will be released before even considering upgrading. Or until the Editor comes out.

"Fixed " things in incoming Patch 1.2

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz.

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away.

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead.

Dragon corpses now clean up properly.

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack.

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug.

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely.

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory.

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor.

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death.

ESC button can now be used to exit menus.

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues.

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls.

Nothing special to be honest...

Also where is CS >.<

Since I installed the 4GB Men patch my game ctd like once every 5h. I turned the auto patch off in Steam for Skyrim and I am not sure if I want the patch and when I read the patchnotes I will pass for this update unless needed for new mods. For the first time since oblivion I never had so few ctd and I want to keep it that way.

Since I installed the 4GB Men patch my game ctd like once every 5h. I turned the auto patch off in Steam for Skyrim and I am not sure if I want the patch and when I read the patchnotes I will pass for this update unless needed for new mods. For the first time since oblivion I never had so few ctd and I want to keep it that way.

That 4GB memory unlocker is fully reversible you know, unless you got a different one that edits your files destructively. You can just upen up the LAA program, pull up the EXE and untick allow 4gb usage.

I never got any crashing problems with it, but then again, I never got anything else from it either, good OR bad. The patch doesn't make the slightest difference to performance whatsoever, in either direction.

It depends on a large number of factors what type of benefit it will have.

If you have a good video card, a strong CPU with fast RAM, plenty of room on your HD (with very little fragmentation) then you may not get a benefit from the LAA patch. All the patch does is raise the ceiling height to give room for your system - that is all.

As always an individuals mileage with it may vary :)

Skybird, be sure to backup your skyrim.exe as Steam has a nasty tendency to "turn back on" the auto patch feature :( The only way to completely protect your self is to put steam into "offline" mode.

Skybird' date=' be sure to backup your skyrim.exe as Steam has a nasty tendency to "turn back on" the auto patch feature :( The only way to completely protect your self is to put steam into "offline" mode.

[/quote']

Ah didnt know that but I do play Skyrim offline, I only go online occasionaly to see if there are good deals. And I learned the hard way in Oblivion that back ups are a must, I also make a rar/zip file of my data. It happens to often when you install for example a new body/skin or mod that suddenly your character doesnt look as nice anymore (or you get crashes) and then the mess starts finding out what mods/skins etc you were using before.

Skybird' date=' be sure to backup your skyrim.exe as Steam has a nasty tendency to "turn back on" the auto patch feature :( The only way to completely protect your self is to put steam into "offline" mode.

[/quote']

Ah didnt know that but I do play Skyrim offline, I only go online occasionaly to see if there are good deals. And I learned the hard way in Oblivion that back ups are a must, I also make a rar/zip file of my data. It happens to often when you install for example a new body/skin or mod that suddenly your character doesnt look as nice anymore (or you get crashes) and then the mess starts finding out what mods/skins etc you were using before.

You good Sir have learned the modders first rule: Always make a backup before making changes. :)

Well from what I'm seeing on the official forums, it looks like Beth is carrying on the fine tradition of breaking things with thier first patches.

Resistance enchantments are now totally broken. No longer work at all. People are getting one shotted by high level dragons.

Use a bookshelf once and you can no longer place books or remove ones already placed.

Turn off your automatic updates. :dodgy:

Console and PC owners alike are up in arms about the latest patch over at Bethesda's forum. You know a patch is a failure when people are asking how to roll-back to 1.1. There is an unofficial patch thread five topics big detailing everyone's concerns.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1299163-patch-12-unofficial-thread-5/

Issues are numerous, including problems with bookshelves, FPS hits, CTD's on startup, and more. While these issues vary, two things are consistent:

1.) Elemental resistances are now broken (ie. Flame Atronach's can die to fire).

2.) Dragons fly backwards (sometimes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNZHfdCF_0

In our days of automated patching, owners may have automatically downloaded the update, much to their displeasure. Because console owners are also suffering, we know it's not mod, .ini, or PC hardware/software related. It's purely a patch issue.

I don't know who QA tested this shit, but Bethesda really dropped the ball on this.

Edit: And nah, I didn't see the other topic.

Pisses me off that I had my auto update turned off after the 1st crappy patch and bang it turned itself on and forced an update and now most of my interface doesn't work anymore. I filled a complaint with Steam Support and am going to turn steam offline until I am done with my Skyrim playthrough.

Thankfully I can roll back to pre-patch state - I love Win7 :)

I right now am sOo glad I made my own installation, from My store bought Games. And installed it my self with out steam...

I do understand the patch is not Steams fault, but they pumped it out, and those that are wired up got it..

I love this game, and have had only one crash sense I been playing it. And I caused that myself when testing tweaks.

But I updated mine myself, and installed it my self.. I will eventually register it, But right now I am very happy with my installation.

I think I will wait for Beth to stabilize the every player is a Pirate routine, and do something right.. Then I may go ahead and register My game. But not yet.