Has a true patch been released yet?

I right now am sOo glad I made my own installation' date=' from My store bought Games. And installed it my self with out steam...

I do understand the patch is not Steams fault, but they pumped it out, and those that are wired up got it..

I love this game, and have had only one crash sense I been playing it. And I caused that myself when testing tweaks.

But I updated mine myself, and installed it my self.. I will eventually register it, But right now I am very happy with my installation.

I think I will wait for Beth to stabilize the every player is a Pirate routine, and do something right.. Then I may go ahead and register My game. But not yet.

[/quote']

It's a steamworks game the only way to play it without steam is to have a cracked copy. I guess you could install the store version download a crack then uninstall steam, seems like a lot of work though.

Yea, ironically, if you're in the position to have pirated the game, you're in the best position out of anybody, because you don't have to worry about auto-updates and you have much more flexibility to dictate what files you're click-dragging over when patching.

People who have a legitimate copy may be better off downloading the update instead via a pirate site, because at least you'll have control over the click-dragging of the patch files. From there, you can backup the older version of your files and know exactly which files the patch is changing. The issue with Steam is it's updating people's files, but they don't exactly know the files that are being updated! This makes rolling back to an earlier version more problematic.

Skyforge is busted too. It shows you can craft all weapons/armor. But the listings are all messed up, Dragon weapons list draugir, Demorea list elven. Giant clusterfuck of a patch. Don't mind the spelling it's 4:30am and I'm tired. :P

hahaha my steam has ignored NO autoupdate completly , and i forgot to stay offline ....

it only downloaded 1mb,stoped it immediately but was to late.

to lazy to do a roll back last night

I would be willing to deal with all those new bugs, if only I could actually play the game for more than fifteen minutes without it crashing to desktop with no error message. Sadly, that hasn't been fixed.

With the CS coming in Jan, I think i'm just going to leave the game uninstalled til then. Plenty to keep me going gameswise til then.

Is anyone else getting very specific FPS hits? I go down to a crawl when running in 1st person. Not Sprinting, just running. Walking and sprinting in 1st person is fine. Just dandy.

Everything in third person is good.

But running in 1st person? Ouch.

My steam shit also sudden downloaded the patch while it should not so I searched on da net because I sudden couldnt fasttravel anymore + more probs. It seems my interface.bsa was altered so I searched on the net to reverse it and found it.

Rather small file. http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Skyrim-Patch-1-2-Rollback-Fix-Download-100006.html

I dunno if allowed to post this link if not remove it pls.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013 4gb patch works and should solve your chrashes daguy (and yes this also solves chrashes on 32bit gamebryo engine has more than one memory leak which is the issue of said chrashes)

^Thanks, I might give it a try later, but after discovering the CS isn't coming til Jan i've uninstalled the game til then. Hell, probobly well after with TOR coming out. And then ME3 and Bioshock. Daaamn. At least by the time I feel up to Elder-Scrolling it up there should be plenty of mods out lol.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013 4gb patch works and should solve your chrashes daguy (and yes this also solves chrashes on 32bit gamebryo engine has more than one memory leak which is the issue of said chrashes)

^Thanks' date=' I might give it a try later, [b']but after discovering the CS isn't coming til Jan i've uninstalled the game til then. Hell, probobly well after with TOR coming out. And then ME3[/b] and Bioshock. Daaamn. At least by the time I feel up to Elder-Scrolling it up there should be plenty of mods out lol.

This is my plan(currently messing around a bit in Oblivion, but just got Demon's Souls for the PS3 and it's...really good).

I bought Skyrim, installed it (and since it has Games for Windows on the box, I figured it was Windows Live, but was not really happy to find out it's Steam) and ran through the most of the intro, but that's it.

Skyrim just updated on Steam to 1.3.7

Update 1.3 for Skyrim is now available on Steam and is being submitted to Sony and Microsoft. As soon as we have more information on the update hitting PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we'll let everyone know. Below are the release notes for the update:

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements

Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)

Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles

Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes

Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading

Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!

Haven't had a chance to play test it yet. :P

I didnt have very many issues from 1.2 except for the occasional dragon flying away backwards. It happened so little that it was more comic relief than anything. Todays patch though has seemed to bug my fast traveling. Never had the issue before today but since it "updated" I CTD when I fast travel anywhere.

^Thanks' date=' I might give it a try later, [b']but after discovering the CS isn't coming til Jan i've uninstalled the game til then. Hell, probobly well after with TOR coming out. And then ME3[/b] and Bioshock. Daaamn. At least by the time I feel up to Elder-Scrolling it up there should be plenty of mods out lol.

This is my plan(currently messing around a bit in Oblivion, but just got Demon's Souls for the PS3 and it's...really good).

Yeah i have demons souls as well, its a very hard game too, but it is good, i havent beat it yet either though, been meaning to get back into it

After debacle last patch and restoring old files my game works almost perfect (occasional ctd). Steam + Update = 2 x tricky :D so question is' date=' is it worth updating? Not yet I guess.

[/quote']

I am curious too but certainly not curious enough to try it. After the 1.2 F'd up deal I quickly put steam in offline mode and rolled back my game to the original and like you say it works quite well.

On a side note I sent a nasty message about the auto update turning itself back on to steam and finally got a response back.

In short they said that turning off auto updates enables you to play once (maybe twice) before it kicks itself back on and updates. So in other words you can delay it for a short time but NEVER stop the forced updating! What's even worse they said this is the way it was designed and the way it will stay.

Needless to say I sent another response of how much horse crap that was but we all know that will go no where. Honestly this forced update crap is my only gripe about steam....but after the skyrim patch debacles it is a BIG one!

After debacle last patch and restoring old files my game works almost perfect (occasional ctd). Steam + Update = 2 x tricky :D so question is' date=' is it worth updating? Not yet I guess.

[/quote']

I am curious too but certainly not curious enough to try it. After the 1.2 F'd up deal I quickly put steam in offline mode and rolled back my game to the original and like you say it works quite well.

On a side note I sent a nasty message about the auto update turning itself back on to steam and finally got a response back.

In short they said that turning off auto updates enables you to play once (maybe twice) before it kicks itself back on and updates. So in other words you can delay it for a short time but NEVER stop the forced updating! What's even worse they said this is the way it was designed and the way it will stay.

Needless to say I sent another response of how much horse crap that was but we all know that will go no where. Honestly this forced update crap is my only gripe about steam....but after the skyrim patch debacles it is a BIG one!

That explains, the bug i saw.. I turned it off and it switched itself back on, and since i am still in offline mode, i can't switch it off.. So i stay off-line with my gaming pc for as long as possible, or just terminate steam.exe before going on-line. Also i have my firwall to block any steam activity till i give it permission to do something that prevents it from updating while i surf around the internet.

Sad isn't!!!! The hoops we the legal owners of the game have to jump through just to keep our game playable!!!!

I am really surprised at this kind of an attitude from valve. Perhaps the weight of all the idiots who can't figure out how to update things just made them say the hell with it and force people to update.

Perhaps I am really mad at the wrong folks, as updating things is usually a good idea. Instead of blasting away at steam (the forced auto thing does still tweak me) I should be sending hate mail to Beth for a patch that NEVER should have gone out!

Well, in the mean time I will leave my steam in offline mode and monitor the blogs to see if the current patch is another disaster or not. I likely will just wait anyways for the LAA patch that is supposed to be coming out next week (hopefully they won't screw that one up!!!!).

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include

- Fixed downloading new update while game is still running

- Fixed keeping "Do not automatically update this game" setting

- Fixed bug updating Game Settings -> Automatic Updates (New content download system only)

Makes me wonder what they mean by "fixed" after reading about the response Gregathit got.