The Sisterhood of Dibella LE (February 2023)

33 minutes ago, tarl7 said:

What you have to do is after finding the two sisters, hopefully you checked their bodies and took their letters.  If you have their letters you have to click on both letters, or read them. Then the quest will continue.  Had the same problem myself

Already did that every playthrough. Senna took the letters from me after that exchange. 

Then... no quest progression.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

A few steps ahead of you. No luck.

No idea if this might help, but I was having the same problem as you; I could not advance the sibyl quest no matter what I did. 

Ended up starting another new playthrough, but before doing so, I removed Sanguine's Debauchery, Devious Devices and the Devious Stories mods I had previously loaded.  The quest is advancing perfectly now. 

1 hour ago, zigster999 said:

No idea if this might help, but I was having the same problem as you; I could not advance the sibyl quest no matter what I did. 

Ended up starting another new playthrough, but before doing so, I removed Sanguine's Debauchery, Devious Devices and the Devious Stories mods I had previously loaded.  The quest is advancing perfectly now. 

I never had any of those installed, so it could not be a cause in my game.

A couple suggestions:

1. We need more male content, especially stuff that revolves around interacting with the sisters. My proposal is 1) a further redemption event/questline after breaking into the temple. Senna is furious, and will take what she wants from the player, and then their freedom, until she’s able to restore order. 2) more travelling sisters that the player can interact with (if not become), essentially becoming their protector. 3) getting approached by the sisterhood as an outsider or having to go to them for help, ie as the Dragonborn (aspect of Akatosh/Talos etc) they need your help or you need theirs (like during diplomatic immunity), perhaps this ties into Wintersun. I would love for my character to be able to help the dibellans in this manner.

10 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Well, all three are heavily scripted mods and consequently may well over-ride the scripting of the Dibella Sisterhood stuff.  I am assuming that is what happened in my case.  What scripted mods do you have in your list?  Maybe check them out.

21 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

One more thing to try, when rescuing the sybil.  Do not grab the notes from the dead sister,  come back after that quest triggers.  I ran into the same problem over the weekend and yesterday when I started a new character I made a point of doing it this way ( I recall reading about a problem either here or another mod that had a progression issue due to a quest item being snagged prematurely) and it progressed.

3 hours ago, Dstird said:

One more thing to try, when rescuing the sybil.  Do not grab the notes from the dead sister,  come back after that quest triggers.  I ran into the same problem over the weekend and yesterday when I started a new character I made a point of doing it this way ( I recall reading about a problem either here or another mod that had a progression issue due to a quest item being snagged prematurely) and it progressed.

Yep. I always leave the sisters alone until I'm given the quest. 

Something I did notice is that this mod seems a bit laggy when it comes to quest updates after speaking with Senna. I'm starting a new game with some of the new Script Optimization mods on the Nexus to see if it's script bottlenecks that are the problem.

Unrelated note. I dug around in SSEEdit and clicked "Check for errors" and found this. Not sure if it's due to an interaction with another mod of mine or something inherent to the mod. I'm posting it in case it's relevant. 

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [10] SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
[00:00] DA14CultistM "Drunk Cultist" [NPC_:10026C71]
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 16 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 21 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 23 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 24 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 40 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 41 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 42 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 43 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 44 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 45 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 46 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 47 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 48 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 49 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 51 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 52 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 53 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 54 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 55 not found in BretonRace "Breton" [RACE:00013741]>
[00:01] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 1845, Errors found: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:01

3 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Yep. I always leave the sisters alone until I'm given the quest. 

Something I did notice is that this mod seems a bit laggy when it comes to quest updates after speaking with Senna. I'm starting a new game with some of the new Script Optimization mods on the Nexus to see if it's script bottlenecks that are the problem.

OK. One more try with a new game. I progress to the point where I turn in the letters and Senna takes them from me. I've trained the Sybil to the point that the popup appears two separate time. Still no dialogue option with Senna to progress the quest. This is baffling.

In fact, there are no quests in my MCM now.

I'll try starting a new game with the prior version of Dibella in case that makes a difference.

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft

Finally finished the mod, using the redemption path.  And it was thoroughly enjoyable, one of the best I've played.  Really liked the way a lot of the vanilla quests were included to help flesh it out.  Now I have to replay it to see how the corruption ending plays out.

The only problem I did find was locating Sister Eda's book of poetry.  After an hour or so of fruitless searching, I ended up summoning it.

20 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

OK. One more try with a new game. I progress to the point where I turn in the letters and Senna takes them from me. I've trained the Sybil to the point that the popup appears two separate time. Still no dialogue option with Senna to progress the quest. This is baffling.

In fact, there are no quests in my MCM now.

I'll try starting a new game with the prior version of Dibella in case that makes a difference.

I even tried using a Bash patch instead of a Smash patch. I still can't progress past this. I've trained the Sybil to the nth degree and I keep getting popups saying "Trust Senna" and I still have no dialogue options about progressing the quest or comments about the statue downstairs. I can't think of anything that would prevent me from progressing. Most of the other mods I have are quality of life mods, so I can't think of any possible way it would interfere.

Time to go Nuclear and completely uninstall Skyrim and all folders in case something got stuck in one of the sub folders. If Nuclear Winter doesn't solve the problem, I'm out of ideas.

3 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I even tried using a Bash patch instead of a Smash patch. I still can't progress past this. I've trained the Sybil to the nth degree and I keep getting popups saying "Trust Senna" and I still have no dialogue options about progressing the quest or comments about the statue downstairs. I can't think of anything that would prevent me from progressing. Most of the other mods I have are quality of life mods, so I can't think of any possible way it would interfere.

Time to go Nuclear and completely uninstall Skyrim and all folders in case something got stuck in one of the sub folders. If Nuclear Winter doesn't solve the problem, I'm out of ideas.

Good luck.

39 minutes ago, zigster999 said:

Good luck.

Went nuclear. Used MO2 so I have absolute control over my overwrite folder. Hit the same brick wall. Trained the Sybil to the point that I can't train her anymore and I still can't get any dialogue options from anyone to progress the quest. Jettisoned all other SexLab mods already. I don't like using console to progress quests, but I don't think I have a choice at this point.

Hail mary pass. I'll console in a bunch of marks of dibella and see if that progresses the quest.

1 hour ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Clearly other people can progress in the quest, but I can't. Don't know how or why. I've done so many significantly different strategies, including the nuclear option. I have no idea why I can't progress past turning the letters. 

Have you tried it with just the absolute minimum of mods necessary to run the Dibella mod?  Do Loot or Resaver point to any problems? 

I'm not cluey about running mods and correcting mod conflicts myself so this is about all I can think of.  I'm currently running 251 mods but it's taken a little work to get them to run in harmony.

Edited by zigster999

Finished the Corruption quest.  I felt bad about doing it at first.  But it was very well done and rather amusing; certainly fitted in with Sanguine's persona.   But either quest is fun and the rewards are worth it.

I did feel quite sorry for Sister Marianne.  That was a cruel fate for her while the others received much better (comparatively anyway) treatments.

Edited by zigster999
On 5/12/2022 at 11:00 PM, jperrins66 said:

Is there any way to disable being given marks of Dibella via sex ? or reduce the chance of getting one ?

Not at the moment unfortunately.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:38 PM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Gotta say, this mod is the favorite of the LL mods. I know life happens and all that. Just hoping we can one day see the full Dibella mod fleshed out as you intended DeepBlueFrog. There's a skeleton Mara mod that I'm pretty sure is abandonware. It would be awesome if you adopted that one. 

Thanks! 

The mod is in a stable state right now. I have ideas to flesh out interactions with the Sisters but that's about it at the moment.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:50 PM, tarl7 said:

Having a problem or possibly a bug. When I take the quest from the inner santctum to get the sybil.  My character gets a semen texture on their body.  I've got the bath mod so when I bathe it goes away. but keeps reapearing after few minutes.  any way to fix this?  When I unplug this mod the texture goes away so it  seems to be this mod any help would be appreciated.

You can turn off the sweat/cum effect using the stone flower on the main altar in the temple.

It will not clean it up if it is there but it will stop it from happening again.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, zigster999 said:

Finally finished the mod, using the redemption path.  And it was thoroughly enjoyable, one of the best I've played.  Really liked the way a lot of the vanilla quests were included to help flesh it out.  Now I have to replay it to see how the corruption ending plays out.

The only problem I did find was locating Sister Eda's book of poetry.  After an hour or so of fruitless searching, I ended up summoning it.

Eda's book should be in Elisif's bedroom in Solitude if I remember correctly.

On 6/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, zigster999 said:

I thought that was the logical place for it but I ransacked the room without success.  No matter.  Thanks again for the mod.

I double checked.

There are multiple copies of the book:

The copy with Elisif is in a box behind her bed... which ls probably why it is hard to find.

There are other copies in the Bards College, the College of Winterhold and the Black Briar Manor in Riften.

image.pngimage.png

9 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I double checked.

There are multiple copies of the book:

The copy with Elisif is in a box behind her bed... which ls probably why it is hard to find.

There are other copies in the Bards College, the College of Winterhold and the Black Briar Manor in Riften.

Ahh.  Went back yesterday to have another look anyway, and yes, I didn't see that container at all, even then.  I should have thought of the Bards College too; where else would you find books of poetry.  The other two, not so obvious.  Thanks DBF.

Edit: and now I've looked in the box, it throws a whole new light on Elisif.  I'll never see her the same way again.

Edited by zigster999
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...