I've noticed that when my character is... umm... distracted by the plugs or other pieces of gear and goes into an animation where I lose control, the NPCs around me will pause and wait it out.  While this makes it easier for me when it happens in combat, I was wondering if this is supposed to happen, if it is part of how Skyrim handles things, or is a limitation on my side from having a weaker computer.

I've noticed that when my character is... umm... distracted by the plugs or other pieces of gear and goes into an animation where I lose control, the NPCs around me will pause and wait it out.  While this makes it easier for me when it happens in combat, I was wondering if this is supposed to happen, if it is part of how Skyrim handles things, or is a limitation on my side from having a weaker computer.

I know for sure that NPCs attacking you will stop and wait, and I would guess that any npc interacting with you is put on hold while the animation runs its course. So, yes, that sounds completely normal.

The only time it's a problem for me is when I'm a really low level and get attacked, but the time I draw my sword again after the animation I usually get killed :angel:

Loving this mod so far, and haven't had any issues. 

Some minor idea/requests/suggestions:

Pointers (ie NPC comments) that occur if you're wearing a belt that suggest going to the Mages' College.  Probably would only occur at or above a certain arousal level, too.  Something like:

Commoner: "If you lost the key to that, you might want to go ask the Mages in Winterhold.  If there's anyone who would know about depraved things like that, it would be them."

Another would be for additional quests to get out of it - maybe having to perform a task for a blacksmith, or some shady sorts, gathering materials and owing them favors afterward (and putting a bounty on you if you don't "pay up" afterward maybe)... essentially people taking advantage of the character's desperation to have them over a barrel (possibly literally).  It could be fairly difficult too - maybe gathering certain rare things, or performing a (radiant) task, in addition to whatever is normally needed to forge a key.

Which brings me to another thought... perhaps when you're released from jail, the guards have a chance to lock you into a chastity belt to keep you on good behavior or just as an added punishment. :)

Edit: One thing I did notice, is that when mining, I'm getting the message for sitting down.  I'm guessing it counts the animation from mining as sitting for some reason.  Minor, but just figured I'd make note.

i started a deviant life and now i have a big problem: i can't unlock the devices, except for the armbinder. i have a restraints key and after using it i get a message that i successfully unlocked it, but i'm still wearing that fucking devices and nothing changed. even removing it via console command doesn't work. i'm not able to get fucking rid of it. it makes me wanna puke!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8544634/Papyrus.0.log.html

u didn't understand what's my problem. it doesn't matter which key or device. i can choose to unlock it with the key, then it tells me that it was successfully, but i'm still wearing the locked devices. they stay locked no matter what i do or what i disable in the MCM.

Tis a side-effect of how Skyrim handles custom animations.

u didn't understand what's my problem. it doesn't matter which key or device. i can choose to unlock it with the key, then it tells me that it was successfully, but i'm still wearing the locked devices. they stay locked no matter what i do or what i disable in the MCM.

Post a copy of your Papyrus.0.log, and I'll take a look.

i already did it :lol:

i started a deviant life and now i have a big problem: i can't unlock the devices, except for the armbinder. i have a restraints key and after using it i get a message that i successfully unlocked it, but i'm still wearing that fucking devices and nothing changed. even removing it via console command doesn't work. i'm not able to get fucking rid of it. it makes me wanna puke!

Looks like you've got an old copy of zadBeltScript / zadPlugScript  in your install that is preventing the devices from working properly. I recall older versions of Captured Dreams having that problem, as well as one version of Angrim's Apprentice.

Looks like you've got an old copy of zadBeltScript / zadPlugScript  in your install that is preventing the devices from working properly. I recall older versions of Captured Dreams having that problem, as well as one version of Angrim's Apprentice.

but i'm using the latest version 2.6.5 and i always install/update mods with NMM. i don't use captured dreams and angrims apprentice is version 1.23.

EDIT: i just reinstalled it and it works now :)

First off, fantastic mod. I'm checking almost daily for updates :-)

I have noticed (what I believe is) a very minor oversight. Having the Forbidden Tome quest enabled in MCM, but not actually initiated (from speaking to Urag), will still bring up the text "Zed does not appear to be anywhere near here" (or something to that effect) when you roam across Skyrim and chance upon one of his possible spawn points.

Extremely harmless, but thought you might wanna know (using Integration 2.6.5).

Thanks again!

So im trying to start the forbidden tome quest but Urag didnt catch me. I cant seem to start a conversation about it either. I also made the dumb misake of cleaning out a bunch of old saves at the wrong time so now i can only load a save where i got away with looking in the forbidden bookshelf. 

Im wondering if there is a console command to start it up?

Edit: Nvm my whole mcm menu vanished. Something else is wrong on my end sry!

Edit 2: heh reading the few posts above me woulda made this post unneeded but yea reinstalling fixed :D

Loving this mod so far, and haven't had any issues. 

Some minor idea/requests/suggestions:

Pointers (ie NPC comments) that occur if you're wearing a belt that suggest going to the Mages' College.  Probably would only occur at or above a certain arousal level, too.  Something like:

Commoner: "If you lost the key to that, you might want to go ask the Mages in Winterhold.  If there's anyone who would know about depraved things like that, it would be them."

Another would be for additional quests to get out of it - maybe having to perform a task for a blacksmith, or some shady sorts, gathering materials and owing them favors afterward (and putting a bounty on you if you don't "pay up" afterward maybe)... essentially people taking advantage of the character's desperation to have them over a barrel (possibly literally).  It could be fairly difficult too - maybe gathering certain rare things, or performing a (radiant) task, in addition to whatever is normally needed to forge a key.

Which brings me to another thought... perhaps when you're released from jail, the guards have a chance to lock you into a chastity belt to keep you on good behavior or just as an added punishment. :)

Edit: One thing I did notice, is that when mining, I'm getting the message for sitting down.  I'm guessing it counts the animation from mining as sitting for some reason.  Minor, but just figured I'd make note.

Thanks for the feedback / suggestions. :)

First off, fantastic mod. I'm checking almost daily for updates :-)

I have noticed (what I believe is) a very minor oversight. Having the Forbidden Tome quest enabled in MCM, but not actually initiated (from speaking to Urag), will still bring up the text "Zed does not appear to be anywhere near here" (or something to that effect) when you roam across Skyrim and chance upon one of his possible spawn points.

Extremely harmless, but thought you might wanna know (using Integration 2.6.5).

Thanks again!

Ah, makes sense. Thanks, noted.

ok I found this,

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28668/?

I would try it but I don't have the quest id, would you be so kind to tell me? thanks

Edit: for those wondering what's the problem

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=650753

Everything associated with this mod is prefixed by the three characters "zad". The quest that was being restarted (Causing the issue) is "zadNpcSlots". I can't offer support for the method you're trying. Best of luck!

So im trying to start the forbidden tome quest but Urag didnt catch me. I cant seem to start a conversation about it either. I also made the dumb misake of cleaning out a bunch of old saves at the wrong time so now i can only load a save where i got away with looking in the forbidden bookshelf. 

Im wondering if there is a console command to start it up?

Edit: Nvm my whole mcm menu vanished. Something else is wrong on my end sry!

Edit 2: heh reading the few posts above me woulda made this post unneeded but yea reinstalling fixed :D

Good that you got it sorted out. :)

Decided to clean up hardcore, fresh start, carefully added my mods, not sure what's failed, but did a test of getting the NPC, equipping the npc, waiting to see plugs worked (they did YAY!) then changed locations to see if they still worked, and did not, booooo, but when re-equipped they worked again! So with that all done, here's the log showing what was going on; 

Ok finally found a solution, so want to share my experience in case anyone happen to have the same combination of mods which may get them into the issue I had,

Issue: devious devices not working being removable and equipping them did not trigger the quests.
Cause: Skyrim scrips hanging, symptoms show the MCM menu not working and not letting access the other mods MCM aftewards.
Solution: (clean save, kinda)
-Save the game
-Exit
-Remove the mods (I had  a problem here that was giving me CTD will explain at the end)
-Install http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12625/?
-load the game wait 31 days with the free camera enabled (this is to reduce the real time needed,instructions on the mod I linked)
-Save the game
-reinstall the mods
-Verify the MCM menu is working
-Set the option 'Number of NPC slotted' to 0
-Done

The problem I had removing the mods is that I was using "sex-lab submit" and "sex-lab submit+devices", turns out the later overwrites files from "sex-lab submit", so you have to uninstall both and then reinstall submit alone, which will allow you to remove the devious devices, if you remove only "sex-lab submit+devices" it will remove files needed by "sex-lab submit" which will cause a CTD and if you try to remove "devious devices" without removing "sex-lab submit+devices" it will cause a CTD as well, so keep that in mind as it had me guessing for a while, maybe I'm stupid not sure, but when you have 600+ mods installed the simple things get overlooked easily.

Thanks a lot to Min for answering my previous questions trying to help, and for this great mod

Decided to clean up hardcore, fresh start, carefully added my mods, not sure what's failed, but did a test of getting the NPC, equipping the npc, waiting to see plugs worked (they did YAY!) then changed locations to see if they still worked, and did not, booooo, but when re-equipped they worked again! So with that all done, here's the log showing what was going on; 

Might of pinpointed my problem now that i looked at this, removed a mod causing error spam, hopefully I fix my issue now XD

after sleeping my char tries to masturbate and realize that it's not possible, but why the fuck does this happen every time i slept? I don't think someone is so forgetful  :P i'm in jail and it conflicts with the punishment event from prison overhaul (punishment doesn't start and i can leave the jail :dodgy:). this really sucks. maybe you could make this a single time event?

I had really enjoyed Forbidden Tome quest, thank you.

I am thinking about better arousal integration, I understand that I had messed things up, now I am trying to define how things should work:

1) In SLA females should not have orgasm (arousal goes down) if animation does not have Vaginal/Anal/Masturbation tags.

2) How can SLA detect belt? I has seen that there are belt keywords in DDAssets, but they are not used in DDi, right? Currently you are setting exposure rate to 0 during orgasm, but I prefer to have more generic solution.

3) DD can trigger orgasm and hence reduce time arousal and not only exposure. I had added new function in last version UpdateActorOrgasmDate(Actor akRef), made few changes in my working copy since the release, but the idea is that orgasm is independent of sex act.

4) Also in my working copy exposure decays over time, so in theory if player keeps right life style (no spells/shouts, meditating) it is possible to keep arousal low.

What do you think about it?

My personal preferences is to set belt/plugs Exposure Rate multipliers to 1.0, and let the plugs do the job. Since with high exposure rate arousal goes high to fast, I can not see plugs in action.

I was just thinking...  if your character had a custom idle when wearing the belt..

like every so often when standing idle you would see her trying to take it of.

Neither Zadil nor I are animators: The limiting factor for ideas like this, is that they require custom animations. If you (Or anyone) felt like making one, ideas like this could be included.

I had really enjoyed Forbidden Tome quest, thank you.

I am thinking about better arousal integration, I understand that I had messed things up, now I am trying to define how things should work:

1) In SLA females should not have orgasm (arousal goes down) if animation does not have Vaginal/Anal/Masturbation tags.

Sounds reasonable.

2) How can SLA detect belt? I has seen that there are belt keywords in DDAssets, but they are not used in DDi, right? Currently you are setting exposure rate to 0 during orgasm, but I prefer to have more generic solution.

You can reliably detect belts via the presence / absence of the zad_DeviousBelt keyword. All devices can be detected via the same method, for their appropriate keyword. As you said, my existing method both sets exposure rate to 0, and stores / restores last sex time. The code for that functionality can be found under "ChangeLockState", on line 458 of ZadBQ00.psc

3) DD can trigger orgasm and hence reduce time arousal and not only exposure. I had added new function in last version UpdateActorOrgasmDate(Actor akRef), made few changes in my working copy since the release, but the idea is that orgasm is independent of sex act.

Okay.

4) Also in my working copy exposure decays over time, so in theory if player keeps right life style (no spells/shouts, meditating) it is possible to keep arousal low.

What do you think about it?

Sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind taking a look at it, at least!

My personal preferences is to set belt/plugs Exposure Rate multipliers to 1.0, and let the plugs do the job. Since with high exposure rate arousal goes high to fast, I can not see plugs in action.