Can't wait! Preordered it!

I preordered the game so I could have a headstart at looking at the game's engine and archive format.

I don't get what the big deal is bout someone preordering a game or not, the whole point is whether you personally think you'll enjoy the game, and yes, I do think I'll enjoy Starfield.  If you didn't preorder a game, I'm not going to judge you for it, if you did preorder, again, that's your business.  I'm not going to be a judgemental ahole over it. 

I know 100% that I'll buy the game at release, I don't see the point in delaying my order because someone thinks the game is going to be horrible.  You can have your opinion, I can have mine. 

I also pre-ordered Starfield and I'm excited about. And not even a Skyrim fan really. If the game turns out great and its publisher deserves the money, I have the useless pre-order bonus (I still want) and be fine. If not, I'll refund it on Steam within 2 hours of game time, get my money back and get myself a few other good (indie) games instead. No matter what, I'll be happy.

5 hours ago, Mexicola88 said:

There are some games where ppl just know they will play them no matter what and Starfield is one of these games. Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 will also be games like this. Same like i will preorder GTA VI someday no matter what.

I knew I would preorder games like this before they ever even exist.

Why?

I love sci-fi and sci-fi related things. Like space travel, alien species, and the potential of the whole genre.

I've played Eve Online since release. Loved the OG Mechwarrior. And even Fallout 4 kinda hit most of my

sci-fi-ish buttons. And the robotics angle? Yep, right up my alley.

Droids in space? Been there, done that. Definitely WILL do it again ?

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

I knew I would preorder games like this before they ever even exist.

Why?

I love sci-fi and sci-fi related things. Like space travel, alien species, and the potential of the whole genre.

I've played Eve Online since release. Loved the OG Mechwarrior. And even Fallout 4 kinda hit most of my

sci-fi-ish buttons. And the robotics angle? Yep, right up my alley.

Droids in space? Been there, done that. Definitely WILL do it again ?

That's pretty much my thing too, I bloody love anything space based.  There was this game that ended up dying called Hellion that was essentially a space-based first-person survival where you had to repair and salvage space stations to survive.

There's some games that I'll buy and play even if they're horrible, if Hellion was still available for sale and being developed I would 100% buy it today if I had to even if it was laggy as all hell.

I'll consider buying it in 5 years when it goes on sale, just like I did with FO4 - GOTY for less than 10€, that's reasonable, thank you very much. Provided it will actually turn out to be a decent and fun game first and foremost. Otherwise Beth can kiss my rear end.

By that time, hopefully all the bugs had been ironed out and the modding scene had matured to the point it would be worth ditching bouncing Skyrim tits physics for Starfield zero-g milkers.

Fuck preorders.

Edited by belegost

God, the wait for Starfield is slowly killing me.  I want a peek at the new engine and whether they're sticking to the nif format or moved on to something new, I'm guessing they're sticking to nif unless they've updated the render engine entirely and decided to scrap it.  Are they using lua or just a modified papyrus? What is the dialogue engine like? The quest engine? What plugin and form format are they using?

Ugh, I've got so many questions.

Got my Steam key for Starfield and the pre-order bonus from Fanatical this morning. Took the Sept 01 weekend off, so got a full week to play Starfield. As promised, I'll post my impressions and answer questions in a separate thread once the game downloads and unlocks. 

I preordered it too for $58 thanks to greenmangaming. Standard edition but its fine. I'm interested in the game hence why I did get it. While Skyrim and Fallout 4 have their problems its clear they did learn from some criticisms of the shallowness of their previous games but just how much is unknown. Plus I'd like to get to know the game's mechanics and systems and what not for modding in the future, I have plans for followers and unique locations to explore. As I'm more experienced with designing worlds and companions with Skyrim and Fallout 4 than other type of mods. One thing I never could pick up on was quest design. I barely got functioning traders in my Fallout 4 custom world because I can't get the whole thing. Hence why I resort to environmental story design. Let the player figure things out and come to their own conclusions based on what they see/find. Which leads to more interesting experiences in my eyes than having a giant text box tell you what to do and where to go.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:47 PM, Mexicola88 said:

There are some games where ppl just know they will play them no matter what and Starfield is one of these games. Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 will also be games like this. Same like i will preorder GTA VI someday no matter what.

I also have the premium edition for early access. The recommended specs are below my desktop PC.

On 8/21/2023 at 5:09 AM, Veniat said:

Ugh, I've got so many questions.

I can point you to more information about one of your questions for you.

They have updated the render framework. The Forge (the new render framework) was apparently added to Creation Engine back in 2019, and The Forge devs where happy to see their work in various Starfield gameplay trailers. No idea if that means .nif is out or not.

14 hours ago, BAB PEEG said:

It came free with my video card but I'm not touching it until mods are up.

I was supposed to get diablo 4 with mine, but about a week before I finally bought the new pc, they stopped providing it (no idea why, it just stopped showing up under my graphics card in the build the pc section of their site), which was kinda annoying as I was intending to only buy the basic version of d4 anyway, so I would have been good.

I read somewhere the game is apparently Version 1.6.35.0 or something already, it will be the most polished Bethesda game that ever gets released. Some reviewers said the game ran bug free for 15 hours of game time already.

https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/starfield-fans-hopeful-for-bug-free-launch-as-current-version-details-revealed-thanks-to-preload

But apparently it eats hardware for breakfast, there is a rumor i picked up that says the game runs with 45-60 FPS in 2160p with a RTX 4070 but i am not sure anymore if it was a TI or not or if the player used FSR or not.

I am worried with my RTX 3080 (10 GB V-RAM) i hoped for 80-100 ish FPS in 2160p with FSR quality mode with dips down to 60 and sub 60. But who knows maybe we are lucky and there is DLSS support.

The latest Nvidia Driver 537.13 so the Starfield Gameready driver is already released, i think that was 2 days ago it got released. There wasn't even an AMD Gameready driver 2 days ago, but the game is a AMD sponsored game lol. :D 

I'm thinking from what I have seen from 2023 game benchmarks,

That 10 gigs of VRAM might get some stutter in 1440p on Ultra settings, might have to pull it back to high or something, but we will all know for sure by Friday.

Saw Ratchet an Clank played on a 4070 with 12 gigs, 1440p, ultra, was needing 12.5 gigs vram...Still it did really well.

Was in a side by side of 4060 Ti 8g, 4060Ti 16g, and 4070 12g.

12 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

That 10 gigs of VRAM might get some stutter in 1440p on Ultra settings, might have to pull it back to high or something, but we will all know for sure by Friday.

Saw Ratchet an Clank played on a 4070 with 12 gigs, 1440p, ultra, was needing 12.5 gigs vram...Still it did really well.

FSR reduces V-RAM usage and after that much of polishing i don't think another TLOU gate happens. Where they bloated the textures for no reason, it was nothing but laziness, after 1 or 2 months i think, they (naughty dog) managed to reduce the V-RAM usage to an acceptable number.

I think Bethesda learned to not make the same mistakes like CDPR or Naughty Dog or others. I mean Version 1.6.35.0 is quite a number. Fallout 4 and Skyrim came out with Version Number 1.1 or something.

19 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Guess we'll see how well my 3070ti copes at 3440x1440 next week. I'm half tempted to upgrade, but I'll wait and see.

Well, 

when buying a new PC I got 1 month free of Game Pass ^^ So, I'll test Starfield for free and if I like it, I'll buy it!

The only sad thing about this: mid September I'm on vacation, so it's only makes sense to start afterwards and I have to wait a bit longer :/ Maybe atleast the first few patches are already done then...