Can't wait! Preordered it!

truly I want a mod that is similar to just business as I wanna RP as some form of bounty hunter 

but anyways, what do you guys think of it so far? Based on what we have seen of course

I can't wait to grind hours like I did skyrim and fallout lmao

I preordered. I was sold from what they showed last year as "good enough". Now, after the Starfield Direct, I'm blown away. There are a few nitpicks here and there, but really all I needed to hear was "Skyrim/Fallout in Space". As long as mods are supported like before with tools and allowing sites like Nexus (and LL) to exist I'm down.

And there is so much to do! Besides the main path, there is ship building, ship combat, outposts, surveying, trading, etc...I'm going to have a hard time deciding what my character will specialize in skills cuz I want to do it all. Starfield feels like the lovechild of Starflight/Star Control in an orgy with NMS, Freelancer, KOTOR, and Mass Effect.

Yep I did. I preordered Starfield with no regrets. I also bought a Nova Galactic coffee mug and Starfield tee-shirt as well.

I get it. Folks have been burned by preorders of games that turned out to have sucked. I get that. I do. One should not preorder a game that they aren't sure of. Wait for the reviews or sales.

99 percent of the time I stick games I want on my wishlist and wait for a good sale and get them on a discount. That way not only can I buy it at a cheaper price but there will have been patches and updates to the game.

Not for Starfield. This is a game I have been waiting for decades for. I was going to buy it as soon as I could. I have confidence in BGS as their games were always on my harddrive, bugs and all, because I loved modding and tinkering with them. The same was going to be for Starfield only more so because its set in SPACE. All of my yeses. And the Starfield Direct cemented my desire. The game looks amazing.

So when preorders were available I had to decide which one did I want?  The regular? The premium? Or the big fancy one? I don't have Gamepass to try out Starfield first, I don't have enough time play enough games to justify the service. I would be downloading and playing this game. Starfield.

I decided on the premium, but only because it had the DLC. That was worth the extra 30 dollars because I would be getting it anyway. The 5 day early access were a bonus. As was the artbook and soundtrack (which I love).

So  yeah, I rewarded Bethesda for giving them money, which I would have done anyway, sooner rather than later. It's MY choice and I'm not going to regret it. 

6 hours ago, Reigor said:

Yep I did. I preordered Starfield with no regrets. I also bought a Nova Galactic coffee mug and Starfield tee-shirt as well.

I get it. Folks have been burned by preorders of games that turned out to have sucked. I get that. I do. One should not preorder a game that they aren't sure of. Wait for the reviews or sales.

99 percent of the time I stick games I want on my wishlist and wait for a good sale and get them on a discount. That way not only can I buy it at a cheaper price but there will have been patches and updates to the game.

Not for Starfield. This is a game I have been waiting for decades for. I was going to buy it as soon as I could. I have confidence in BGS as their games were always on my harddrive, bugs and all, because I loved modding and tinkering with them. The same was going to be for Starfield only more so because its set in SPACE. All of my yeses. And the Starfield Direct cemented my desire. The game looks amazing.

So when preorders were available I had to decide which one did I want?  The regular? The premium? Or the big fancy one? I don't have Gamepass to try out Starfield first, I don't have enough time play enough games to justify the service. I would be downloading and playing this game. Starfield.

I decided on the premium, but only because it had the DLC. That was worth the extra 30 dollars because I would be getting it anyway. The 5 day early access were a bonus. As was the artbook and soundtrack (which I love).

So  yeah, I rewarded Bethesda for giving them money, which I would have done anyway, sooner rather than later. It's MY choice and I'm not going to regret it. 

This is why we cant have nice things and those that are, wont last long. Because of those types of people, who show the company/corporates they can do what they want. They can lie about the product, release half-baked game and what is the worst, cut out content that they will sell in "premium" packs. 

It just sucks, that in this society majority of things are decided by the masses with elementary school that just dont think anymore.

On 6/27/2023 at 2:15 PM, Dfult said:

truly I want a mod that is similar to just business as I wanna RP as some form of bounty hunter 

but anyways, what do you guys think of it so far? Based on what we have seen of course

I can't wait to grind hours like I did skyrim and fallout lmao

You shouldn't get ahead of yourself. You don't know what they'll actually deliver. It could be Fallout 76 all over again, but in space.

I mean, keep in mind that in these last few years, the trend has been to move away from RPG stuff and streamline the game and combat.

I'm still unsure if I want to buy it or just play it on game pass.

Wow, people are really blinded by their anger. Or are they just following along in the latest narrative?

Pre-order or not should be an individual choice made after careful deliberation not ordained by another because of blind following for some meme.

Starfield is not Fallout 76 in space. A game I didn't buy because I did my research, saw that it was multiplayer, and went "not for me" and moved on.

Reminds me of the Todd's sweet little lies meme. I watched  that video and then I researched every single part where Todd "lied". 

At worst, he exaggerated in a few areas likes Codsworth saying just over 900 names instead of Todd's 1000. Everything else was taken out of context including the infamous 16 times the detail. 

If people are excited enough to pre-order Starield, its fine to caution, maybe bring up examples of actual experience, not just blinding preaching some religion that not everyone follows.

Because that is what this "Do not preorder!" stuff is at this point, religion. Same as "Dont' have sex before marriage!"

There might be some good reasons for it, but at a certain point the sanctimony of the message overcomes any good intentions.

Well - it's funny ... comparing the purchase of a game with "sex before marriage".

But apparently it's time again for the usual fan-boy ramblings.

Ordering a game before the release date can be done.

But to do it with a company that has been proven to deliver massively defective products for decades and to lie about it until the proverbial "beams bend" - is just plain STUPID.

In the words of an iconic movie character, "Stupid is he ... who does stupid".

Here in the German-speaking world there is the expression -> "buying a pig in a poke".

I did that several times with this company ... and I got a product that was teeming with bugs.

If I had bought a car, I would have gone to the dealer and returned it. That's not possible with games ... I wonder why!

---

Pre-ordering a game is like ordering the "banns" (for the wedding) at the registry office ... without having seen the bride with your own eyes even once in real life.

1 hour ago, Reigor said:

Wow, people are really blinded by their anger. Or are they just following along in the latest narrative?

Pre-order or not should be an individual choice made after careful deliberation not ordained by another because of blind following for some meme.

Starfield is not Fallout 76 in space. A game I didn't buy because I did my research, saw that it was multiplayer, and went "not for me" and moved on.

Reminds me of the Todd's sweet little lies meme. I watched  that video and then I researched every single part where Todd "lied". 

At worst, he exaggerated in a few areas likes Codsworth saying just over 900 names instead of Todd's 1000. Everything else was taken out of context including the infamous 16 times the detail. 

If people are excited enough to pre-order Starield, its fine to caution, maybe bring up examples of actual experience, not just blinding preaching some religion that not everyone follows.

Because that is what this "Do not preorder!" stuff is at this point, religion. Same as "Dont' have sex before marriage!"

There might be some good reasons for it, but at a certain point the sanctimony of the message overcomes any good intentions.

Some people just cant be reasoned with. History is doomed to repeat itself, if you dont fucking learn from it. I hope you get burned by shitty, buggy launch where developer, once again, lied and didnt deliver. You are supporting a toxic marketing scheme that just makes all of us suffer, because you are just to dense to learn from past mistakes or mistakes of others. As long as people support this pre-ordering shit, things wont get better.

Not to mention the Premium and Deluxe versions, that have cut-out content in them that you have to pay 20 - 30 bucks more for.

50 minutes ago, Stormer said:

Mit manchen Leuten kann man einfach nicht vernünftig reden. Die Geschichte ist dazu verdammt, sich zu wiederholen, wenn man nicht verdammt noch mal daraus lernt. Ich hoffe, Sie werden sich über den beschissenen, fehlerhaften Start ärgern, bei dem der Entwickler wieder einmal gelogen und nicht geliefert hat. Sie unterstützen ein toxisches Marketingsystem, das uns allen Leid zufügt, weil Sie einfach zu dumm sind, um aus den Fehlern der Vergangenheit oder anderer zu lernen. Solange die Leute diesen Vorbestellungs-Scheiß unterstützen, wird es nicht besser.

Ganz zu schweigen von den Premium- und Deluxe-Versionen, die ausgeschnittene Inhalte enthalten, für die man 20 bis 30 Dollar mehr bezahlen muss.

A discussion can no longer be conducted with rational arguments ... because this problem has long since shifted to a non-rational one.

As long as more psychologists find employment in the advertising industry after their studies than there are psychotherapists in private practice ... it's already a losing battle.

It's a pretty open secret that the advertising industry deliberately "plays" with our desires and knows its way around our heads better than we know ourselves. Accordingly, their methods are tailored to ... to eliminate all rational processes ... and the result proves them right - from their point of view.

The disadvantage for us ... we are caught in an addiction trap - from which it is very difficult to escape.

"Gambling addiction" is not a monolithic issue - but very complex ... and even if you recognise that you are "addicted to gambling" - it does not mean that you can really escape it ... but already a limitation in the effects is something positive.

Ergo, for me - I am "addicted to gambling" - there is just this limitation in the form of "... I won't buy any more games until they have been on the open market for several months and I can get an idea from MANY different sources...".

Are people stupid who fall for advertising promises?

Not really - deceptions and lies are an integral part of the real world and whole industries are working on perfecting the methods.

And of course those who think they are super-smart also fall for it ... remember: "even a high quotient in terms of intellect does not protect you from stepping into an advertising trap".

At what point does stupidity begin? -> in my opinion, when you still trot after the "same carrot" after -zig bankruptcies ... then you show the inability of a learning curve.

The stupidest argument? -> it's just a game ... not really important in life

Sorry - we humans play in our free time ... the most important time we have at all ... only over this we have full power of disposal - because eating, sleeping or working are a "MUST DO TO SURVIVE".

So anyone who dismisses his most precious time of life in such a way ... there's NO helping him

If they do a really really good deal, like 60-70% off I many buy, otherwise not going to any time soon, as I am just about to buy a new pc, and that has me going ouch, as I want to buy one that will last me about 4-6 years at least, so yeh ouch as far as the cost is going to be.

3 minutes ago, Varithina said:

If they do a really really good deal, like 60-70% off I many buy, otherwise not going to any time soon, as I am just about to buy a new pc, and that has me going ouch, as I want to buy one that will last me about 4-6 years at least, so yeh ouch as far as the cost is going to be.

just need to wait for the crack then xD 

1 hour ago, Dfult said:

just need to wait for the crack then xD 

No, I will just wait, no real rush to buy it, it will give a chance for real reviews to appear as well as show some real game play, as well as how easy/hard modding is going to be, if it is available in any meaningful way, and I have several games that are sort of only semi playable on my current setup, so I can always play them, or get off my butt and fix my skryim and fallout 4 installs so that I can play them, rather than spend all my time redoing conflict resolution patches due to me constantly changing my mind about what mods I am going to use in them, especially NPC mods.

Tell you all what. Instead of arguing in circles, since I DID preorder and will get to play Starfield 5 days early, I'll be your lab experiment.

I'll post my experiences with the game in a separate thread, both the good and the bad. Folks can ask me questions and I will answer them. 

I have no interest in Starfield, but I support your decision of pre-ordering it, and I think more people should pre-order Starfield from Bethesda, so that Bethesda grows lazier (as usual) and release a very bad product (and worse than Fallout 76), which will result in bad sales and the closure of the studios by Microsoft. 

drevil.jpg.4a3fed1149f89b22d899b9d75c3a8acf.jpg

The only game I have preordered in years was BG3. I just preordered that for the early access(so, not just technically a preorder) and I mostly trust Larian. Aside from that I'll buy on launch day or later, it's not like they're going to run out of downloads.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:11 AM, Stormer said:

Some people just cant be reasoned with. History is doomed to repeat itself, if you dont fucking learn from it. I hope you get burned by shitty, buggy launch where developer, once again, lied and didnt deliver. You are supporting a toxic marketing scheme that just makes all of us suffer, because you are just to dense to learn from past mistakes or mistakes of others. As long as people support this pre-ordering shit, things wont get better.

Not to mention the Premium and Deluxe versions, that have cut-out content in them that you have to pay 20 - 30 bucks more for.

I will bite into your little tantrum. The way you talk about this is how some heard it from someone and repeated their narrative. I have pre ordered this game. Last game I pre ordered was cyberpunk. That game fell short on the consoles and for pc it was still a good game, though lot of what they promised wasn't there. You go after the companies for the bad product, but it isn't all their fault. When you make a game, you need investors. Someone to invest in making the game, bring in the money sorta speak. Specially for AAA games. Cyberpunk kept on delaying it because they knew it wasn't ready. The investors said they wanted them to release it. The investors wanted their money and leave, they don't care about us gamers once. That is thing that needs to change the most in all of this. It is the company's fault for letting this happen and not have any backbone to say no. They don't because having investors pull out year before before release isn't a good thing.

As for fallout 74 release, it had everything they promised for the most part, it was just a shitty boring game with out npcs.  This was all Bethesda's fault. Having mmo and npcs if anything hard to pull off unless you can guaranty great content and not get bored. The only game company who is greedy to point they don't care about gamers is activation. They are the bread and butter of evil game companies join other companies like blizzard and screw everything up to point it sucks. So Bethesda may be a little greedy on what they did with 76 collectors edition, but that was before microsoft brought them. Hopefully being with Microsoft it helped.

Edited by TecQueen
15 hours ago, bjornk said:

Ever wondered why "pre-ordering" is a thing for digitally distributed games? It's not like they'll run out of copies to sell or anything.

A lot of it has to do with playing game 5 days before release and so on. Or things you can get in game if you pre ordered it. I only pre order something if I can get a physical item with it. I managed to get pc collector's edition for starfield. I will see how that  turns out.

18 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I have no interest in Starfield, but I support your decision of pre-ordering it, and I think more people should pre-order Starfield from Bethesda, so that Bethesda grows lazier (as usual) and release a very bad product (and worse than Fallout 76), which will result in bad sales and the closure of the studios by Microsoft. 

That could happen, but Bethesda was lazy before merger with Microsoft. We have yet to see how they are with the merger.

4 minutes ago, TecQueen said:

A lot of it has to do with playing game 5 days before release and so on.

What could be the tangible benefit of playing a game 5 days earlier than everyone else? I wonder.

8 minutes ago, TecQueen said:

Or things you can get in game if you pre ordered it.

Which can be bought at a later date at a much cheaper price. Not really a convincing incentive to preorder a game IMO.

Vor 23 Minuten sagte Björnk:

Welchen konkreten Vorteil könnte es haben, ein Spiel fünf Tage früher als alle anderen zu spielen? Ich wundere mich.

Was zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt zu einem viel günstigeren Preis nachgekauft werden kann. Meiner Meinung nach kein wirklich überzeugender Anreiz, ein Spiel vorzubestellen.

Why pre-order a game? To be able to play it earlier ... earlier than other people.

Why is that? -> To be able to brag about it! Especially in online communities ... you want to be the first who has achieved "this" or "that".

some answers are quite simple

(I only have to look at my own wife ... unfortunately I know what I am talking about ... yes, of course - there is also the subject of "gambling addiction").